PDA

View Full Version : Coincidences?

MichiganPackerFan
01-10-2011, 04:09 PM
A couple of weird coincidences occurred to me last night:

1) if the bears beat the seahawks and the patriots or jets make it to the superbowl, the packers road to the superbowl looks like this:
Away @Eagles: Wild Card
Away @Falcons: Divisional
Away @Bears: Conference
Jets/Patriots: SuperBowl
I'm not sure if this has ever happened before, but GB not only played all of those teams already this season, but they played them all on the road this season.

2) Just saw someone did the four birds, so If the seahawks upset the bears and the jets make it, the path goes through three birds and a plane.
(seriously, after the luckiest season ever, the bears get the seahawks? Where are you at, karma?)

3) Tramon Williams #38 intercepted vick with 38 seconds left.

HarveyWallbangers
01-10-2011, 04:21 PM
That is interesting. In a way, we're fortunate to have already played all of these teams this year. And all on the road. Not only have we seen those teams before, we're used to playing them at their place.

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 04:24 PM
That is interesting. In a way, we're fortunate to have already played all of these teams this year. And all on the road. Not only have we seen those teams before, we're used to playing them at their place.

Packers were used to playing the Cowboys on the road in the 90s too! :-(

Joemailman
01-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Packers were used to playing the Cowboys on the road in the 90s too! :-(

Yeah, but I can't imagine the Packers went into those games with a lot of confidence. This is a very different situation. They know that if they had converted in the red zone at Atlanta as well as they did yesterday, they would have won. I imagine they fully expect to win Saturday, which is a lot different than hoping to win.

denverYooper
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah, but I can't imagine the Packers went into those games with a lot of confidence. This is a very different situation. They know that if they had converted in the red zone at Atlanta as well as they did yesterday, they would have won. I imagine they fully expect to win Saturday, which is a lot different than hoping to win.

We'll get to answer the question: "What if Starks played against Atlanta?"

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 04:35 PM

I agree with you. I was just goofing around - and remembering with horror those trips to Dallas...

mraynrand
01-10-2011, 04:36 PM
We'll get to answer the question: "What if Starks played against Atlanta?"

I just want to say "Good Luck Starks, we're all counting on you"

http://cdn.babble.com/famecrawler/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/airplane-quotes-leslie-nielsen.jpg