PDA

View Full Version : Is it all coming together for a championship run?

RashanGary
01-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Penalties - Check
Special Teams - Check
Defense - Check
Running game - Could Be!
QB play - Check
Ball Security - Check

WR's catching the ball - Uh Oh

Tarlam!
01-11-2011, 09:58 AM
You realize most fans are superstitous and this thread can only bring you death vendettas, right?

Tony Oday
01-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Penalties - Check
Special Teams - Check
Defense - Check
Running game - Could Be!
QB play - Check
Ball Security - Check

Running Game= Aberration
WR Play=Suspect
Defense=better pass by Vick and we are watching the birds play
Ball security=4 fumbles last game 2 lost
Penalities=better
ST=Hiding from returners is far from improving the team we still give the other team good field position because we cannot cover a punt or a kick
QB Play=AR is doing well but the turnovers are going to haunt us

Count me skeptical that everything is coming together.

Patler
01-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Penalties - Check
Special Teams - Check
Defense - Check
Running game - Could Be!
QB play - Check
Ball Security - Check

"Ball Security - Check" ???? Are you kidding?
10 fumbles in the last 5 games is hardly a demonstration of ball security.

RashanGary
01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
I was thinking all season and really last season we've been a secure team with fumbles and INT's but yeah, it's been a bad few weeks.

denverYooper
01-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Bikini Girls: check

denverYooper
01-11-2011, 11:48 AM
"Ball Security - Check" ???? Are you kidding?
10 fumbles in the last 5 games is hardly a demonstration of ball security.

That will likely be a factor in the Atlanta game, as it was the last time.

denverYooper
01-11-2011, 11:50 AM
No serious injuries the last two games, and guys are getting more healthy. That helps.

mraynrand
01-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Bikini Girls: check

Are you guaranteeing they will be in ATL?

Patler
01-11-2011, 12:08 PM
I was thinking all season and really last season we've been a secure team with fumbles and INT's but yeah, it's been a bad few weeks.

My concern is that it is more than just a few weeks, and it seems to involve everyone; Rodgers & Flynn (to be expected from QBs), Nelson, Driver, Quarless, Kuhn. When considered together with Underwood's lack of awareness around a live ball, Jones and Jennings dropping multiple passes and drops by others, there seems to be a general carelessness with the ball that I think is a big concern. Those are the sorts of things that can decide the outcome of playoff games.

mraynrand
01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
My concern is that it is more than just a few weeks, and it seems to involve everyone; Rodgers & Flynn (to be expected from QBs), Nelson, Driver, Quarless, Kuhn. When considered together with Underwood's lack of awareness around a live ball, Jones and Jennings dropping multiple passes and drops by others, there seems to be a general carelessness with the ball that I think is a big concern. Those are the sorts of things that can decide the outcome of playoff games.

Those last two games were pretty cold. Perhaps we can just chalk it up to a cold, hard, slippery ball? Hopefully, they will have a chance to secure the ball in the cold once more this season.

denverYooper
01-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Are you guaranteeing they will be in ATL?

They showed up at Lambeau in their classic attire. Knowing they're out there, somewhere, rooting for the Packers in their bikinis is a check.

mmmdk
01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Stubby will be Stubby - check :lol:

Patler
01-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Those last two games were pretty cold. Perhaps we can just chalk it up to a cold, hard, slippery ball? Hopefully, they will have a chance to secure the ball in the cold once more this season.

But I think it goes back at least three games before the last two. It's just an overall impression I have been getting that they aren't treating the ball as "special" as they should. Jennings, "giving up" and getting caught in his personal frustration when the ball bounced off his hands and not recognizing that it had been intercepted, Nelson making what I thought was a somewhat half-hearted effort for the ball on the deep pass to him against the Eagles, etc. Even Williams carelessly trotting out of the endzone after his interception, not realizing that the whistle had not blown. I was screaming at him (through my TV!) to get down. Luckily, team mates were aware and alerted him. I had this panic vision of him spiking the ball and the Eagles recovering, or retreating back into the end zone after coming out, and being downed for a safety.

Ball possession is a crucial thing. It should be fought for at all costs and should be guarded at all times when you have it.

mraynrand
01-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Maybe they all need to carry the ball around during the week like they have kids do with a sack of flour, pretending it's their baby so they know how shitty errr... rewarding and challenging being a parent can be.

http://image14.webshots.com/14/3/11/29/352231129XxLJbc_ph.jpg

Tony Oday
01-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Walden in Film Study!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy3CxhOPrd8

CMIII EVERY week he sees he is starting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsFBYq_h_J0&feature=related

denverYooper
01-11-2011, 03:01 PM
I will say this: as of late, this team has a sense of cohesion that I haven't felt from them in some time and a lot of guys have taken turns stepping up to make plays. There is no one the Packers can't play with this year and the credible threat of a running game will help an offense that has struggled. That right there *might* be enough to put them over. My main concern right now is ball security.

Other than that:
--they've beaten 3 10+ win teams in the last 3 games and played one HELL of a game against the Pats before that
--their last 2 games were close, 4 points be damned, and they gritted them out with a D making big plays to end both
--no injuries last 2 games (Drive w/ a knee but he was back in practice today) -- helps every unit
--they don't have to play the Lions any more