PDA

View Full Version : Fundamental truth is Atlanta Falcons are solid

AtlPackFan
01-13-2011, 07:51 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/113431809.html

I posted this article because it parallels my views of the Falcons. Not overly flashy...just solid in all aspects of the game. Run well, pass well, defend well and good special teams. They are well coached, very disciplined and don't usually make mistakes. If the Pack is to win this game they have to contain Turner and they can NOT turn the ball over.

Yup, probably all very obvious but thought I would post it anyway. :-)

Bretsky, really need your magic starting the game day post. I'm already taking shit from Falcons fans...people I don't even know that see my Packers license plate frame and start talking smack! I hate Atlanta teams!!!

hoosier
01-13-2011, 08:17 AM
One factor that I think works in the Packers favor this week--as compared to last week and next week if they continue winning--is that by all accounts Atlanta fans do not contribute to making their dome a hostile environment for the visitors. Compared to playing at Philly or Chicago, an away game against Atlanta sounds like it should be relatively quiet.

vince
01-13-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure that's the case Hoosier. The Atlanta fans are fair-weather fans, but when the weather is right, it gets really loud in the dome if I'm not mistaken.

AtlPackFan
01-13-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm not sure that's the case Hoosier. The Atlanta fans are fair-weather fans, but when the weather is right, it gets really loud in the dome if I'm not mistaken.

The dome is the key. That makes the noise level very high. I expect the dome to be packed and loud...with a good smattering of Packer fans.

CaptainD
01-13-2011, 10:51 AM
One factor that I think works in the Packers favor this week--as compared to last week and next week if they continue winning--is that by all accounts Atlanta fans do not contribute to making their dome a hostile environment for the visitors. Compared to playing at Philly or Chicago, an away game against Atlanta sounds like it should be relatively quiet.

Not true. I was at the regular season Atlanta game and it was every bit as loud as the metrodump. There fans have stepped it up a notch the last couple years which is why Matt Ryan is 13-1 at home.

AtlPackFan
01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Fair weather fans for sure though. When I first moved here in the mid 90s, all you saw were Braves jersey's. Now with the Braves down a smidge and the Falcons riding high, most of the jersey's I see on the street are Falcon's jerseys.

I do agree with Captain D. GA Dump will be rocking. What I heard is that when the Packer fans get loud enough to be noticed, the GA Dump crew will simply crank up the sound system to drown them out.

rbaloha1
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Its obvious the Packers must be play almost mistake free football to beat the Falcons.

pbmax
01-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Falcon fans have failed to sell it out though, there are still tickets available if the radio reports are to be believed from this morning. Several stories of Packer fans picking up good tickets late. I think we will hear the Kuhn and Go Pack Go chants again.

mission
01-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Not true. I was at the regular season Atlanta game and it was every bit as loud as the metrodump. There fans have stepped it up a notch the last couple years which is why Matt Ryan is 13-1 at home.

I was there too and it wasn't that loud. 30% of the crowd was Packers fans. You could hear KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHNNNN!!

Atlanta is a horrible sports town. We're big Braves fans and it's disheartening with the lack of crowd support for crucial games.

AtlPackFan
01-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I was there too and it wasn't that loud. 30% of the crowd was Packers fans. You could hear KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHNNNN!!

Atlanta is a horrible sports town. We're big Braves fans and it's disheartening with the lack of crowd support for crucial games.

Mission, why do you think that is? Georgians/Atlantans are huge college football fans. 316 to Athens is clogged with cars on UGA game day. Is there too much else going on in the city? Don't understand.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Atl, Mission. Are you guys planning on going to the Packer game this weekend? I'm trying to talk my only other Packer friend in to making the journey the 3 and a half hour journey with me. Ticket prices are surprisingly cheap.

AtlPackFan
01-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Atl, Mission. Are you guys planning on going to the Packer game this weekend? I'm trying to talk my only other Packer friend in to making the journey the 3 and a half hour journey with me. Ticket prices are surprisingly cheap.
I'm not. Can't afford it at this time...even cheap tickets. Unless my kids come over to watch the game with us - which I doubt - I am probably going to be heading to the local Packer bar, TJ's.