PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Finley???

packers11
01-13-2011, 03:20 PM
I for one was mad when they placed Finley on IR... Was I wrong, is he not even close yet to being back to 100%???

any news??? I can't wait to have him back for next season...

Speaking of which, do we go with 4 TE's again? Finley Quarles Crabtree Lee ... Or do we go with 3 and most likely cut Lee???

red
01-13-2011, 03:24 PM
finley had a infection in his repaired knee back in november. they had to open him back up and clean him up

its a pretty big setback. seems like there was no way he would have made it back this season

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Personally, I think Lee's days are numbered--even though I think I like him a bit better than most. I'm guessubg they feel pretty good about Quarless and Crabtree now. At the beginning of the year, they didn't know what they had in those guys.

We've had a few threads like this--concerning Finley and Grant. In all likelihood, neither guy would have made it back this year. Plus, with all of the injuries they had, I think it would have been hard to carry 2 injured guys all year. Was there a player or two that was inactive in every game this year?

HowardRoark
01-13-2011, 03:31 PM
http://twitter.com/JermichaelF88

mraynrand
01-13-2011, 05:21 PM
http://twitter.com/JermichaelF88

That stream of word is pretty much unintelligible. Is this what we've become as a society - fragmented English in brief, sporadic packets? U hv gt to b kidn me!

Joemailman
01-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Personally, I think Lee's days are numbered--even though I think I like him a bit better than most. I'm guessubg they feel pretty good about Quarless and Crabtree now. At the beginning of the year, they didn't know what they had in those guys.

We've had a few threads like this--concerning Finley and Grant. In all likelihood, neither guy would have made it back this year. Plus, with all of the injuries they had, I think it would have been hard to carry 2 injured guys all year. Was there a player or two that was inactive in every game this year?

Not sure, but I think Nick McDonald may have been inactive all year.

HarveyWallbangers
01-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Does that mean we would have cut him if we kept one of those guys on the active roster?

mraynrand
01-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Does that mean we would have cut him if we kept one of those guys on the active roster?

We could have put him on IR with a hangnail!

Fritz
01-13-2011, 07:55 PM
That stream of word is pretty much unintelligible. Is this what we've become as a society - fragmented English in brief, sporadic packets? U hv gt to b kidn me!

Fk ys!

Scott Campbell
01-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Wurd.

Joemailman
01-13-2011, 08:48 PM
LOL

MJZiggy
01-13-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't know about his knee, but I can tell you that Friday is sale day at TGIFinley...(I kid you not)

pbmax
01-13-2011, 10:14 PM
His knee was hurt worse than originally thought, which was discovered during surgery. At that point, he hit IR. The infection set him back more. So it would not have happened this season.

Judging by his Twitter feed though, his thumbs are just fine. Unlike Jones.

mraynrand
01-13-2011, 10:31 PM
His knee was hurt worse than originally thought, which was discovered during surgery. At that point, he hit IR.

Actually, his knee was hurt less. Because he still had only a partially torn meniscus with blood supply, they could repair it, instead of 'cleaning it out' which happens frequently, especially amongst linemen. (There's normally poor blood supply to the meniscus and tears usually disrupt that supply, making it impossible to repair). Hopefully, when recovered, Finley will have a pretty normal knee, with all his meniscus intact. That should lengthen his spectacular (we hope) career. I'd rather have him on the field at Lambeau than in his backyard igloo texting jibberish any day.

Packgator
01-13-2011, 10:46 PM
I learned 2 things from the last two posts......

1. Finley's knee was worse than originally thought.
2. Finley's knee wasn't as bad as first thought.

:)

packerbacker1234
01-13-2011, 11:33 PM
He had some setbacks it appears, so he wouldn't of been back this season. He should be good to go next season.

As for what to do: I would think Lee is the odd man out. Not that he is a bad backup type TE, but Crabtree and Quarless just have too much upside to really warrant him staying on the roster next season. Crabtree is a great blocker and is developing his routes still (nice TD route in the playoff game), and Quarless has good hands but needs to work on blocking and extending for some catches.

Finely is closer to the complete package, and is obviously a beast in the passing game. Crabtree and Quareless offer some solid options as backups though. Crabtree is a great goaline blocker with the ability to get open off PA, and Quarless ia g uy you can run out there with finley split out, and he could get forgotten and sneak open on the backside.

MichiganPackerFan
01-14-2011, 08:48 AM

Texting is one of the worst things that ever happened to the English language. Another is the entry of every slang word added to the dictionary.

Kiwon
01-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Texting is one of the worst things that ever happened to the English language. Another is the entry of every slang word added to the dictionary.

Yeah, texting ruined Ebonics and made it even harder to understand. :-)

Sparkey
01-14-2011, 01:37 PM
u awl b mezin wit ma hed. stp a'iht !?

denverYooper
01-14-2011, 05:42 PM
language is fluid

Fritz
01-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Exactly. But everyone thinks "correct English" is what she/he grew up with.

SnakeLH2006
01-15-2011, 01:48 AM
finley had a infection in his repaired knee back in november. they had to open him back up and clean him up

its a pretty big setback. seems like there was no way he would have made it back this season

Finley's infection....LMAO. I got heat on a different forum for telling how it is last summer (they didn't want to know the truth and I went into details, but won't do this here or again), but Snake has the inside scoop on Finley.

He's a nasty dude that slept with (kind off....he was mean and fucked up) 2 girls I know (both 18 and 19) back in Wausau at a Packer softball function in 2010. He's a dirty dude, and was with him dropping shots like it was hot at Player's. I was there. He slept with one of Snake's ex flings and she facebooked his ass (took it off since from heat from his PR guy) but said he's got some issues with ball security. I could care less, but that dude, was a moron drunk off his ass last summer, and didn't buy a drink for anyone, and kept bragging up his status as THE MAN in GB.

He might be cool sober, but really was a HUGE DICKHEAD drunk and underwhelmed the 2 girls he cheated on his wife with last summer. Snake has hella details/pics....but really can't cheer this guy on anymore. And really after meeting him....he's really just a diva and hope we don't lock up major money on his ass. You heard it here first. He's TO without the career, but definitely thinks everyone owes him something (again....I only knew him drunk...but he was a disaster and really pissed off 2 girls Snake is friendly with).

Whatever though..he's a beast TE. Just character issues galore......I'd give him no long term deal. I'm sure TT knows all of this though. And no....I won't give any more details.

mraynrand
01-15-2011, 09:39 AM
And no....I won't give any more details.

You have done enough. Have You No Sense Of Decency Sir?

swede
01-15-2011, 09:47 AM
And no....I won't give any more details.

LOL Any more details? The only thing I didn't find out was if your grlfrnds had nipple rings. :)

Tarlam!
01-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Ah that sucks, what Snakie wrote, but if we're honest around here, we all saw the signs and have been prayin' he grows up. There were some signs of that, IIRC, from an interview he gave. Maybe Snakie witnessed his "last seed sowing". Let's hope so.

MJZiggy
01-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Ah that sucks, what Snakie wrote, but if we're honest around here, we all saw the signs and have been prayin' he grows up. There were some signs of that, IIRC, from an interview he gave. Maybe Snakie witnessed his "last seed sowing". Let's hope so.

How long ago did this happen? He caught heat for telling it last summer, but it could have happened long before that. Snake?

mraynrand
01-15-2011, 10:11 AM
How long ago did this happen? He caught heat for telling it last summer, but it could have happened long before that. Snake?

No more details, dammit!