PDA

View Full Version : What's his name Joe?

vince
01-14-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81daa7da/What-s-his-name-Joe

CaptainKickass
01-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Frickin' hilarious!

get louder at lambeau
01-14-2011, 05:35 PM
My girlfriend's nephew is named William Woodcock. No joke. His parents actually named the poor kid Willie Woodcock. Straight up child abuse.

Fritz
01-14-2011, 05:38 PM
How can you call that child abuse? What guy wouldn't want a name like "Woodcock'?

Child abuse is having the last name "Sofft" and naming your son "Richard."

retailguy
01-14-2011, 06:55 PM
How can you call that child abuse? What guy wouldn't want a name like "Woodcock'?

Stop complaining, Richard.

HarveyWallbangers
01-14-2011, 10:43 PM
My Grandma remarried after my Grandpa died. This is no joke, but the guy she married is named Peter Picker. To prove that it was intentional. His parents named his brother Richard.

OS PA
01-15-2011, 12:20 AM
My Grandma remarried after my Grandpa died. This is no joke, but the guy she married is named Peter Picker. To prove that it was intentional. His parents named his brother Richard.

I knew a guy in High School named Trent Ping. Horrible part of this is Trent was his middle name. His full name was Ray Trent Ping III. Not Raymond Ping III, he was just Ray Ping III. Not the first Ray Ping, but the third. Cruel cruel joke. You'd think that somebody in that family would have had some decency in the past three generations.

get louder at lambeau
01-15-2011, 12:22 AM
I knew a guy in High School named Trent Ping. Horrible part of this is Trent was his middle name. His full name was Ray Trent Ping III. Not Raymond Ping III, he was just Ray Ping III. Not the first Ray Ping, but the third. Cruel cruel joke. You'd think that somebody in that family would have had some decency in the past three generations.

In the old days, Ray Ping a woman was something to be proud of.

get louder at lambeau
01-15-2011, 12:35 AM

Well, he was stuck with the last name, for better or for worse, but ya don't have to make the kid into a nursery rhyme. His grandpa calls him "Wee Willy Woodcock". That translates loosely to "Little Dick Erection." Just imagine what the more creative kids in middle school will come up with.

th87
01-15-2011, 01:08 AM
A friend went to high school with a dude named Fakher Baat. At commencement, they read off the roster, last name first...

SnakeLH2006
01-15-2011, 01:25 AM
My best friend in HS was Craig Knauf (Cranking Off). His Dad was Dick...yeah he went by Dick and he really was a dickhead (Dicking Off)....His grandpa was Jack (painted his name, Jack Knauf on his barn....Jacking Off). There is no comparison. The Germans (I'm German) have the worst names. But think of that....Son, Dad, Grandpa....all have names talking about masterbation. That just sucks.

I also went to school with a kid named Altenhoffen (another German)....Beatinoften...Strokinoften..Dickinoften ....pretty brutal stuff. Snake was a dickhead jock and hazed him plenty and I kind of regret that though.

The only upside for them was they all could play Sheepshead....a LOST German/Polish art of Spades that no one plays anymore. I paid my way through college playing Sheeps in the late 90's/early 2000's! No one plays Sheepshead anymore and would give a first-born to find ANYONE that plays Sheepshead anymore!

curtis loew
01-15-2011, 02:32 AM
The only upside for them was they all could play Sheepshead....a LOST German/Polish art of Spades that no one plays anymore. I paid my way through college playing Sheeps in the late 90's/early 2000's! No one plays Sheepshead anymore and would give a first-born to find ANYONE that plays Sheepshead anymore!

Isn't it somewhat similar to 5 handed bid Euchre? My family plays that all the time.

Tarlam!
01-15-2011, 02:54 AM
The Germans (I'm German) have the worst names.

That's hard, but true. My name is Norbert and believe me, I got crucified growing up with that moniker in Australia. I eventually changed it to Robert. My Dad's name was Helmut. After I changed mine, he started using his 2nd given name, Bruno. His 3rd name was the German form of Henry i.e. Heinrich. My dad hated having 3 given names so I only got 1, which I started using once I started living in Germany.

they all could play Sheepshead....a LOST German/Polish art of Spades that no one plays anymore. I paid my way through college playing Sheeps in the late 90's/early 2000's! No one plays Sheepshead anymore and would give a first-born to find ANYONE that plays Sheepshead anymore!

It aint lost here, bro, it's an art form. I don't play, but I know a tonne of fellas that do.

Tarlam!
01-15-2011, 02:56 AM
Isn't it somewhat similar to 5 handed bid Euchre? My family plays that all the time.

It's like Euchre which is like Spades but it's 4 handed...

Euchre is huge in Oz, but I've never seen it played 5 handed

digitaldean
01-15-2011, 03:11 AM

I spent my high school lunch periods playing Sheepshead. AH, those were the days....

curtis loew
01-15-2011, 03:35 AM
It's like Euchre which is like Spades but it's 4 handed...

Euchre is huge in Oz, but I've never seen it played 5 handed

If you are familiar with bid euchre, when you play 4 or 6 handed every other person is a partner.

When you play 5 handed, the people with 6's are partners with the winning bidder. The partners change every hand, and the score's are kept independently. It adds a new complexion to the game.

ND72
01-15-2011, 08:05 AM
UWSP has, or had, a professor Richard head.

MJZiggy
01-15-2011, 08:30 AM
My best friend in HS was Craig Knauf (Cranking Off). His Dad was Dick...yeah he went by Dick and he really was a dickhead (Dicking Off)....His grandpa was Jack (painted his name, Jack Knauf on his barn....Jacking Off). There is no comparison. The Germans (I'm German) have the worst names. But think of that....Son, Dad, Grandpa....all have names talking about masterbation. That just sucks.

I also went to school with a kid named Altenhoffen (another German)....Beatinoften...Strokinoften..Dickinoften ....pretty brutal stuff. Snake was a dickhead jock and hazed him plenty and I kind of regret that though.

Maybe you should try asking the PackerRats poster named...Sheepshead. He might know someone...

Iron Mike
01-15-2011, 10:59 AM

I've got a buddy that's a plumber named Richard Schneider. If you know German, that translates to "Dick Tailor." He's gotten sick of me telling him he should be doing circumcisions at the hospital rather than plumbing. Well, I guess that IS a form of plumbing.

He constantly falls for this one, though:

Me: You got a pencil, Dick?

Him: Yep.

Me: It must suck to be your wife.

:)

Iron Mike
01-15-2011, 11:07 AM
No one plays Sheepshead anymore and would give a first-born to find ANYONE that plays Sheepshead anymore!

You should think about road tripping to Oshkosh next October:

http://www.oshkoshoktoberfest.com/

There's a sheepshead tournament.

Pugger
01-15-2011, 11:24 AM
My girlfriend's nephew is named William Woodcock. No joke. His parents actually named the poor kid Willie Woodcock. Straight up child abuse.

:lol:

Guiness
01-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Went to school with a Vietnamese fellow named Phouc Dam. Not a joke or anything, he was born in Vietnam, and his name just translated like that.

He was proud of it, and loved to show his D.L. as a sort of party trick! He drove like a madman, and that name got him out of some tickets. Cops would at first not believe him, then laugh their asses off.