PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL GREEN BAY PACKERS vs. ATLANTA FALCONS GAME DAY THREAD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:43 AM
It' GAME DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring it one. The two best teams in the NFC squaring off to face either the Backdoor Bears or the Seattle Slouches in order to go to the SUPER BOWL .

Everybody has to be pumped; been driving a lot last week and listening to the NFL Nework on radio and it seems at least 75% of the so called NFL Experts are picking da pack. Homerism is at an all time high in this Packer rat forum. The Kool Aide supply in here is unlimited.

Green Bay will have to play a near perfect game to beat the Atlanta Falcons in Atlants. This is not Phily team with a undersized soft defense vs the run and a banged up secondary. Atlanta is as balanced as any team in the NFL and they rarely rarey lose at home

No Turnovers
No Special Team Breakdowns

IMO the two above points need to occur to give GB a good chance to win.

ahhhhhhhhhh.............the infinite fountain of Kool Aide is flowing in Packerrates
Time to piss in the fountain

86%. That was Matt Ryan's completion % against the Packers last game. Matt the Iceman Ryan makes teams pay for all out blitzes; Dom knows that. The Bowling Ball does not get tackled easy.

700 yards is the answer
What is the question ?

The bowling ball has gained 700 yards after contact in 2010. He ate us up in our last matchup averaging nearly 5 yards per carry and finishing with 110 yards and a touchdown. Expect to see a lot of that again. Expect to see a lot of 3 and 4 man fronts for Green Bay in passing downs, and as a result of fearing the gambling like defenses Wist adores, odds are Matt Ryan will clutch up and have a nice completion percentage as well. They will drive the PR game day thread crazy in keeping possessions going while effectively keeping the ball away from our offense.

18 is the answer
What is the question ?

Above is the average points per game for the Green Bay Packers on the road this yr per NFL Network.

Our RB's produced 26 yards last time in Atlanta; James Starks has given us renewed hope there. But don't expect those new boxes of Kool Aide Starks to produce much more than 65 yards today. Atlanta's rushing defense is better than our rushing offense. James Starks.....Jackson....or Grant would not change that.

Our offense will fall into the hands of Aaron Rodgers, and like last game I expect him to have a very good game. Atltanta will take some pages of Phily's game plan last week and keep their safeties back more and roll coverage towards Jennings. So we really need the Driver/Jones/Nelson combo to have a great game and eliminate their drops. While containing the run, Atlanta will also do a lot of 3-4 man rushes as well. AROD's throwing for a couple TD's and a lot of yards today.

In the end, this is a close game to call. In the playoffs, these close games are won in the trenches.

Atlanta has a better OL than ours and I think their DL is slightly better than ours. Atlanta has a home field which does not let teams walk away winners. And as well as Mastay has been punting, we still have Slouch Slocum. We won't stop the bowling ball, and the fact that they are such a solid welll coached team in all faceets of the game and they really have no weaknesses will be evident today. In one of the difficult places to play in the NFL, I think we lose the turnover battle today and that will burn.

This one's going to be a heartbreaker. If you are in the game day thread be sure to have your high blood pressure medicine handy.

Get out the boxes of Kool Aide for the garbage man Monday.

Atlanta wins 23-20 on a late field goal, or possibly in OT

Take it to the Bank

Whammy Live on

sheepshead
01-15-2011, 07:54 AM
Everything that can be said, has been said. GO PACK!

SkinBasket
01-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Gonna see if Nutz and I can make it back fro the strip club in time to catch the start of the game. It's not that we want to go to the strip club, but I've got three showings on the house today, so I need to spend that time somewhere, and the people at those places always seem so nice. Cleaning, breakfast, strip club, packer game, disinfectant shower. Not a bad Saturday if I say so myself.

mraynrand
01-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Gonna see if Nutz and I can make it back fro the strip club in time to catch the start of the game. It's not that we want to go to the strip club, but I've got three showings on the house today, so I need to spend that time somewhere, and the people at those places always seem so nice. Cleaning, breakfast, strip club, packer game, disinfectant shower. Not a bad Saturday if I say so myself.
Ewww
Just a point of order: Shouldn't the shower happen before the Packer game (and after too - why not?)

swede
01-15-2011, 09:55 AM
I'd love to hear the inner monologue as Skin cleans:

"What spawn of a mutant f*cktard shoved a f*cking granola bar wrapper under the goddam credenza?"

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 10:42 AM
which strip club ? On the Border ?

Fritz
01-15-2011, 10:44 AM
This is probably just me being a fan, but over the years I feel as if I've developed an ability to read into and through the comments from players and get a sense of how confident they really feel. In the JSO staff predictions, McGinn wrote something that I've been thinking: this team really, really seems ready to rock. They seem to feel supremely confident, and they also seem to be laser-beam focused. They seem like they're on a mission.

That's not a sense I got back in '07 or in '09 or even in the Shermy years. This team just seems ready.

Scott Campbell
01-15-2011, 10:49 AM

Doesn't that club feature women?

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 10:54 AM
This is probably just me being a fan, but over the years I feel as if I've developed an ability to read into and through the comments from players and get a sense of how confident they really feel. In the JSO staff predictions, McGinn wrote something that I've been thinking: this team really, really seems ready to rock. They seem to feel supremely confident, and they also seem to be laser-beam focused. They seem like they're on a mission.

That's not a sense I got back in '07 or in '09 or even in the Shermy years. This team just seems ready.

I must admit their mojo does remind me of the NY Giants when they came into Lambeau and beat us

RashanGary
01-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Woot Woot!!

Theres a chance we roll these guys up. If dominator finds a way to shut down a couple of their early drives and AR comes out hot, we could take the crowd out of it and Atlanta will have to do something they really don't want to do, that's play from behind.

Of course, it could go the other way too.

I give us a 25% chance of whipping their asses. Our team has that potential. We have a 25% chance of a close win, a 40% chance of a close loss and a 10% chance of a bad loss.

Who knows how it's going to play out in a few hours, but I'm hoping for the ass whipping. This might be the Packers championship year.

RashanGary
01-15-2011, 11:03 AM
I liked McGinn's article too. There's something special going on. There is a closeness in the lockerroom, a belief in what they're doing and an excitment for what's next that's contagious. Right now, this is why I love football. Seeing the team come together behind a strong leader. . . . It great.

RashanGary
01-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Kind of a cool picture from the press gazette.

http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Avis=U0&Dato=20110114&Kategori=PKR01&Lopenr=110114145&Ref=TS&NewTbl=1&MaxW=370&Border=0

Pugger
01-15-2011, 11:18 AM
If ya can't get pumped reading this thread you must be in a coma...

Brandon494
01-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Hungover as shit but pumped for this game! GO Pack GO!

Also I did go to the strip club last night after the bars closed and I hope the women in Wisconsin are better than the ones here in Virginia. Even though I must say its a lot more fun to go to the strip with a couple of girls rather than just guys, the stripers eat it up! (get your mind out of the gutter)

Tarlam!
01-15-2011, 11:43 AM
If ya can't get pumped reading this thread you must be in a coma...

Bullshit! You're in Elysium, cause you're already dead! :smk:

red
01-15-2011, 11:47 AM
i'm pretty confident for this game

we're playing much better now as a team then we were when we almost beat them on the road the last time

plus, their secondary which was already suspect might be missing their nickle back

plus, it sure seems like the stars are starting to line up for us

red
01-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Bullshit! You're in Elysium, cause you're already dead! :smk:

time to unleash hell

mission
01-15-2011, 12:05 PM
im so fired up!!! got our tickets officially this morning (in hand) and all sorts of long lost friends from wisconsin are calling me up, telling me they're in town for the game.

it's gonna be awesome. im not gonna wear my badluck shirt (falcons, detroit, redskin losses) and im sticking with my undefeated hat/hoodie combo. LOL

anyway.... wooooooooooooo yaaaa GO PACK GO!

(my stomach hurt all morning... im confident but a bit nervous, especially with falcons talking about feeling disrespected. that's never good.)

WE GOT THIS THO

Tarlam!
01-15-2011, 12:12 PM
especially with falcons talking about feeling disrespected. that's never good.

Amazing that that shit still works; I bet their coach has been begging pundits to pick a Packer win so he can point that out to his team and get 'em going.

pbmax
01-15-2011, 12:21 PM
I must admit their mojo does remind me of the NY Giants when they came into Lambeau and beat us

Don't go soft on me now Mr. Killjoy.

mmmdk
01-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Amazing that that shit still works; I bet their coach has been begging pundits to pick a Packer win so he can point that out to his team and get 'em going.

I disrespect Stubby...touché Falconians.

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Ryan has won over ninety percent of his home games and future HOF TE Gonzo has never won playoff game.
They will find a way to get Jarrett Bush playing Gonzo

Red is feeling good about the team

And while we were careful to not allow the curse of Packerrats attending a game vs. Phily, we come to find out Mission is going today

We are doomed

SkinBasket
01-15-2011, 12:50 PM

We are going to be in that area, but we'll probably hit the Airport Lounge first. It's much classier. And sometimes they have free pizza.

Freak Out
01-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Heading down to the Great Alaskan Beer and Barleywine festival...will miss the first 30 minutes or so of the game.

It's going to be crazy...........GO PACK!

Fritz
01-15-2011, 02:39 PM
You scared me Bretsky. I can say that I'm feeling that this team has something special going on. So can JH. But you can't. So thanks for your last post; nice recovery.

Mad has already tossed in his casual comment (about how the team will be fine as long as MM only goes Stubby for five minutes or less in the first half), but I'm waiting for the Captain's obligatory game day post.

Packerrats, do your jobs!

gbgary
01-15-2011, 02:51 PM
as i said in another thread...this game is basically the nfc championship game. the bears and seahawks are just wasting their time.

GO PACK GO!

ND72
01-15-2011, 03:10 PM
I am going crazy waiting today...I don't like a the national love for GB, and I hope McCarthy doesn't call his passive play calling games today. And I hope the Detroit game packers don't show up.

red
01-15-2011, 03:20 PM
its gonna be a long 4 hours of waiting

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 03:27 PM
its gonna be a long 4 hours of waiting

I thought you, me and wist would be the only ones not to climb onto the homer tree; not it's just me and Wist :)

CaptainKickass
01-15-2011, 03:30 PM
obligatory game day post

red
01-15-2011, 03:30 PM
I thought you, me and wist would be the only ones not to climb onto the homer tree; not it's just me and Wist :)

i'm fully convinced that if stubby and slocum just stay in the locker room during the game it will be a blowout. epic win for us

CaptainKickass
01-15-2011, 03:32 PM
but I'm waiting for the Captain's obligatory game day post.

Happy now Fritz? Happy to oblige.

I am going crazy waiting today...

Me too, I'm logging off and gonna do some much needed chores.

Fosco33
01-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Pissed off,
Asskicking,
Confident,
Killer instinct,
Error free,
Racking up points
SuperBowl

Fritz
01-15-2011, 04:24 PM
"Happy now Fritz?"

Relieved. We've all gotta do our part.

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 04:28 PM
what is Rothlisberger doing ? He overthrew that five yards high

Joemailman
01-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Bretsky got the score right but the teams wrong.

Packers 23

Falcons 20

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Is Jeremy Kapinos the Steelers punter ?

He sucked

denverYooper
01-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Is Jeremy Kapinos the Steelers punter ?

He sucked

Terrible as the towels.

Joemailman
01-15-2011, 04:31 PM
He's been bouncing around this year. Punted for Indy a little bit too.

CaptainKickass
01-15-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm logging off and gonna do some much needed chores.

Dammit!!

Ok - this time I mean it. Logging off for chores.

Really.

For serious.

The Weasel
01-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Let's Win This, PACK!!!!

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 04:52 PM
in ten minutes packer pregame radio is on

http://www.packers.com/media-center/radio-shows/packers-radio-network.html

Tarlam!
01-15-2011, 05:03 PM
"Happy now Fritz?"

Relieved. We've all gotta do our part.

NFL.com Wyche is picking the Falcons. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81da2266/article/preparation-home-dome-make-the-difference-for-falcons?module=HP_spotlight

Haaa! Last week, they gave the Edge to Phily. Never thought I'd see NFL.com go outta their way to help us out!

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 05:08 PM
3rd Down Converions

ANOTHER HUGE key to this game

Last game it seemed like both offenses convered on a high number of these

Dear CLAY....where were you last game ? He was handled...........plz make an impact today

ND72
01-15-2011, 05:13 PM
NFL.com Wyche is picking the Falcons. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81da2266/article/preparation-home-dome-make-the-difference-for-falcons?module=HP_spotlight

Haaa! Last week, they gave the Edge to Phily. Never thought I'd see NFL.com go outta their way to help us out!

Everyone else is in love with us though...don't like.

Fritz
01-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Okay, my buddy just called. He's on his way. We're having Roethlis-burgers and beer. He's not wearing a green shirt like last week, so I'm okay wearing my lucky Packer t-shirt (which I did not wear last week).

Like he said, "Everything we do matters from here on out."

gbgary
01-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Okay, my buddy just called. He's on his way. We're having Roethlis-burgers and beer. He's not wearing a green shirt like last week, so I'm okay wearing my lucky Packer t-shirt (which I did not wear last week).

Like he said, "Everything we do matters from here on out."

you and your buddy should wear the same thing you wore last week. poor planning.

Packers4Glory
Guys...I think we are screwed. I totally blew off a wedding and made the wife go w/ just her parents (tho i did tell her to just say she's sick). So I'm sure my punishment will be a loss. I mean hell, it was an old neighbor from like 20 yrs ago they don't even talk to anymore!!! I've been doing a bunch of crap around the house and even laid the tile I'd been putting off to try and raise the karma.

SORRY!!!

AtlPackFan
At TJ's in Alpharetta, GA. Go PACK!!!

denverYooper
01-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Dear CLAY....where were you last game ? He was handled...........plz make an impact today

Wasn't his injury pretty fresh in the first matchup? I think he'll be more effective this time. He's been looking more sprightly as of late.

Fritz
01-15-2011, 05:47 PM
you and your buddy should wear the same thing you wore last week. poor planning.

I think we're good. We flip flopped - I've got the green. He lives like 45 minutes away. Too late to go back and get what he wore last week.

Don't worry, Packers4Glory. Laying tile you've been putting off is a huge karma-raiser. And it wasn't like it was your daughter's wedding.

red
01-15-2011, 05:57 PM
WHOOOHOOOOO

weelll, its been an hour and a half. i got one cocktail and 5 beers down and the night is still young

bring on the game

denverYooper
01-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Guys...I think we are screwed. I totally blew off a wedding and made the wife go w/ just her parents (tho i did tell her to just say she's sick). So I'm sure my punishment will be a loss. I mean hell, it was an old neighbor from like 20 yrs ago they don't even talk to anymore!!! I've been doing a bunch of crap around the house and even laid the tile I'd been putting off to try and raise the karma.

SORRY!!!

I think you're ok. I left a (wife's-side) family Christmas party to watch the Pack/Giants game and felt the same way but that turned out great.

denverYooper
01-15-2011, 06:00 PM
WHOOOHOOOOO

weelll, its been an hour and a half. i got one cocktail and 5 beers down and the night is still young

bring on the game

I'm still working on a Lagunitas Hop Stoopid bomber.

red
01-15-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm still working on a Lagunitas Hop Stoopid bomber.

i can't even figure out what your trying to say

vince
01-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Falcons only have 4 CBs active tonight. That could be big.

packer4life
01-15-2011, 06:08 PM
53 minutes...AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

got a good feelin about tonight.

red
01-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Falcons only have 4 CBs active tonight. That could be big.

that SHOULD be huge

denverYooper
01-15-2011, 06:20 PM
i can't even figure out what your trying to say

Strong mega-hopped ale.

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Does anybody really expect Starks to be effective ? We may try at the start, but I MM knows we're not going to be able to run on this D

Shotgun
Spread their asses out

Their 3/4 can't cover our 3/4 WR's

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 06:22 PM
The 4th grade girls team I coach raised their record to .500 and my daughter scored her 1st two points

A Packer Victory would top off a Great Day !!!!!!!

red
01-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Does anybody really expect Starks to be effective ? We may try at the start, but I MM knows we're not going to be able to run on this D

Shotgun
Spread their asses out

Their 3/4 can't cover our 3/4 WR's

well either they stop our passing game by dropping their lb's into coverage, or they stop our running game

their secondary, when healthy, can't stop out passing game on its own

pick your poison

red
01-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Strong mega-hopped ale.

i hate mega hopped ale

i tried bells hop slam and almost threw up. its like chewing on a hop pellet

curtis loew
01-15-2011, 06:29 PM
i hate mega hopped ale

i tried bells hop slam and almost threw up. its like chewing on a hop pellet

Hopslam is one of the best beers in the known universe. It's the nectar of the Gods!!

Hop Stoopid is pretty damn good as well.

gbgary
01-15-2011, 06:29 PM
"Everything we do matters from here on out."

as i have for the last several weeks...wore my dark green shirt to work yesterday, wearing my gray Packers hoodie w/dark gray shorts and white Packers cap, and leaving now to get my pregame meal of a subway sub and a bag of ruffles. doing my job!

red
01-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Hopslam is one of the best beers in the known universe. It's the nectar of the Gods!!

they don't do it for me at all. i can't taste anything but the hops

curtis loew
01-15-2011, 06:32 PM
they don't do it for me at all. i can't taste anything but the hops

I hear ya. When I first starting getting into craft beer I really hated hops as well. As my pallet developed over time hoppy beers are now my favorite.

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 06:34 PM
30 minutes and counting rats

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 06:34 PM
we got Aikman and Buck

I want Chucky !!!

red
01-15-2011, 06:35 PM
I hear ya. When I first starting getting into craft beer I really hated hops as well. As my pallet developed over time hoppy beers are now my favorite.

i still haven't come close to finding anything better then what the belgian monks can throw together

curtis loew
01-15-2011, 06:36 PM
i still haven't come close to finding anything better then what the belgian monks can throw together

Ya they do a great job, St. Bernadus 12 is one of my favorite beers as well.

red
01-15-2011, 06:36 PM
we got Aikman and Buck

I want Chucky !!!

FUCK YOU B

i hate aikman and buck

i wish death an akman

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 06:39 PM
B does not like Aikan and Buck either you shit drafter.......lol

B likes Chucky Gruden :)

red
01-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Ya they do a great job, St. Bernadus 12 is one of my favorite beers as well.

that's about as close as you can come to drinking the most perfect beer in the world without spending 40 dollars a bottle for the westvleteren abt IMO

pbmax
01-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Everyone else is in love with us though...don't like.

Not Vegas, the money is still at - 2.5 for the Birds

AtlPackFan
01-15-2011, 06:43 PM
The 4th grade girls team I coach raised their record to .500 and my daughter scored her 1st two points

A Packer Victory would top off a Great Day !!!!!!!

Congrats to your daughter, Bretsky. Go Pack!!!

pbmax
01-15-2011, 06:47 PM
I think the Packers will be able to run some. The Falcons have been giving up a lot of yards per carry. But I agree with Bretsky, I still want them to spread it out as well.

pbmax
01-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Let's light this candle.

red
01-15-2011, 07:01 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lets kick the damn ball

red
01-15-2011, 07:01 PM
FUck frank caliendo

HE'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY, AT ALL

denverYooper
01-15-2011, 07:02 PM

Agree. I didn't get into hops until I moved out here. There tons of hoppy beers on the Denver-Fort Collins corridor.

Lots of Belgian styles too. New Belgium, Avery both put out some decent abbey styles. I'm going to have a NB Trippel or 2 during the game.

denverYooper
GO PACK GO!

Joemailman
30 minutes and counting rats

Why are you counting rats? Pest problem?

red
01-15-2011, 07:10 PM
who in the blue hell is the zac brown band?

never heard of them

pbmax
01-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Interminable. And then I have to listen to Chris Meyers. I need a beer.

Packers4Glory
I also need to confess I am going to the bears game tomor....father in law got great tickets and asked me. I couldn't say no. I just hope I'm not miserable watching those lucky fuckers beat the hawks for the right to play in atl next week. I can't think of a more miserable experience than having to watch them after a loss around all those idiot fans.

packerbacker1234
You know, with how well williams has played I hadn't even realized that Woodson has almost 100 tackles on the year. That is just beastly from the conrner position.

red
01-15-2011, 07:15 PM
I also need to confess I am going to the bears game tomor....father in law got great tickets and asked me. I couldn't say no. I just hope I'm not miserable watching those lucky fuckers beat the hawks for the right to play in atl next week. I can't think of a more miserable experience than having to watch them after a loss around all those idiot fans.

make sure you wear your packer gear

pbmax
01-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Starting well.

red
01-15-2011, 07:16 PM
positive start for ST

pbmax
01-15-2011, 07:17 PM
O holding?

Packers4Glory
WTF? where is the offensive penalty??????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

red
yeah, woodson wasn't just grabbed and tackled on the play

pbmax
DPI?

Packers4Glory
make sure you wear your packer gear

i'll pass on that. i survived afghanistan and iraq..idk if i would that.

red
01-15-2011, 07:18 PM
defensive PI?

are you kidding me? refs already aren't on our side

mmmdk
Turner is a load.

pbmax
Terrible start for the refs. And then they lost Roddy White somehow.

mmmdk
01-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Who had Roddy? Nobody!

gbgary
01-15-2011, 07:20 PM
come on Packer d

red
01-15-2011, 07:20 PM
i'll pass on that. i survived afghanistan and iraq..idk if i would that.

i've worn my packer gear at soldier field

hell i've pissed on soldiers field wearing my packer gear. bears fans don't care. once they start lossing 3-0 they'll start leaving

mmmdk
01-15-2011, 07:21 PM
5 yards per run...

pbmax
Howard Green with nice tackle

mmmdk
Pack got away with offside.

pbmax
01-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Great job versus two TE with nickel

red
here we go

now cover white for fucks sake

mmmdk
Stopping the burner, Turner :smile:

red
they we go, nice stop d

pbmax
Perfect. Coverage and pressure and force short throw. Good deal.

mmmdk
01-15-2011, 07:23 PM
Keep Tramon safe...

wist43
Ignoring White in coverage???

Not sure that's a good idea :)

gbgary
way to go Packer d

Bretsky
I SAY COME OUT FOUR WIDE

red
1st down, 89 yards to go

i'll guess 2 plays. one run, then playaction

Packers4Glory
is it too much to ask the offense to come out hot and just put up score after score???

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:25 PM
at least get some FD's right away; shut up the crowd

red
01-15-2011, 07:25 PM
is it too much to ask the offense to come out hot and just put up score after score???

thats not MM's way. we have to start slow, then get hot, then slow down again

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Starks ain't getting 75 today

mmmdk
Damn...Falcons watched tape on Starks :lol:

red
yup, now we're clicking

pbmax
So far, Colledge blows a block and blitz to stop screen,

wist43
01-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Not an encouraging offensive start :(

pbmax
Killer

red
FUCK US

damnit jennings

gbgary
omg

Packers4Glory

apparently it is.

our stupid fucking WR's always fuck up HUGE at least once but usually twice a game.

FUck all of them

mmmdk
thats not MM's way. we have to start slow, then get hot, then slow down again

The Stubby way - we must & will overcome!

wist43
same as a punt, lol

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:28 PM
ONE of my three keys to winning this game is already done

wist43
well hey, at least it wasn't a drop :)

mmmdk
Another stupid turnover...who teaches these kids?

Packers4Glory
so instead of a huge momentum and positive field position change for us...we hand it to them. dumb turnover and gave them great field position.

gbgary
01-15-2011, 07:29 PM
dammit...

red
well hey, at least it wasn't a drop :)

he could have knocked it up into the air for an INT

BallHawk
good damn strip though.

packer4life
starting just like the arizona game with stupid fumbles

Bretsky
big time play by Atlanta

wist43
It looks like Atlanta is hyped for the game... we look listless

gbgary
01-15-2011, 07:30 PM
so instead of a huge momentum and positive field position change for us...we hand it to them. dumb turnover and gave them great field position.

about like a punt

red
01-15-2011, 07:31 PM
i'm surprised c-wood wasn't called for the PI when white pushed off

gbgary
01-15-2011, 07:31 PM
It looks like Atlanta is hyped for the game... we look listless

i think we look ok

red
01-15-2011, 07:32 PM
c-wood and CMIII

Jimx29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIsLqBHiHwA

Bretsky
big time play there

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:33 PM
DAMMIT.............NO PASS RUSH AT ALL

red
pick that fucker up and spike him on his shoulder clay

gbgary
come on Packer d!

Bretsky
let's go D

pbmax
It looks like Atlanta is hyped for the game... we look listless:roll:

Common among team that suffer a turnover, wouldn't you say?

wist43
01-15-2011, 07:34 PM
At what point during the week of preparation did Capers decide Roddy White wasn't worth covering??? lol :))

mmmdk
I'd go for it on 4th - punish the stupid turnover.

Bretsky
got it

red
horrible fucking spot

wist43
01-15-2011, 07:35 PM
I be to see things portending poorly here :(

Packers4Glory
well my slight sense of hope is pretty much gone

Bretsky
and here we are......with Atlanta controlling the line of scrimmage, the clock and the game

red
fuck

wist43
We can't stop their run... we're done :(

pbmax
It won't get called but the Atlanta guy pulled him into the endzone=

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:36 PM
that bowling ball is a rock

Turnovers KILL in the playoffs

wist43
We can't match up with them in the trenches... how many D-linemen do we even have on the roster?? 3 or 4???

Packers4Glory
way to go best WR corp in the NFL...you always screw up 1 or 2 times. Nothing if not consistent.

red

i know its against the rules, but never in my life have i seen that called

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:37 PM
let's come out and make them stop our f'ckin strength

Rastak

He pushed him. Which I guess is legal, never used to be.

mmmdk
Packers will win it all...I don't know how though! Stubby probably sold his soul at a crossroad, I guess.

Packers4Glory
thanks to all the expert assholes who picked GB to win.

packerbacker1234
Turner is just a stud. Those 7 points are entirely on the offense. Jennings, rest of recievers, you CAN'T cough it up in the playoffs. Lets see if we rebound here.

ND72
Horrible start

pbmax
01-15-2011, 07:38 PM
and here we are......with Atlanta controlling the line of scrimmage, the clock and the game

They aren't controlling LOS. They are running to the edges versus the OLBs. And its working.

pbmax
01-15-2011, 07:39 PM
He pushed him. Which I guess is legal, never used to be.

Hey Ras. There was another guy already in the EZ who was pulling him.

Joemailman
01-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Unfortunately, this is looking a bit like the first meeting. Mistakes on offense, and can't stop Turner.

pbmax
01-15-2011, 07:40 PM
let's come out and make them stop our f'ckin strength

M3 did that and Jennings fumbled.

wist43
TOP will wash out to 40/20 unless Capers makes some adjustments - which I doubt he will... he's usually slow to adjust.

If our original game plan is working... we have a good shot; if not, Dom will sit in the booth and just scratch his head.

Bretsky
ok 7-0
Big Fckin Deal

Now go get a score

Packers4Glory
that bowling ball is a rock

Turnovers KILL in the playoffs

simply can't do it and expect to win...esp on the road.

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:41 PM
M3 did that and Jennings fumbled.

no, he came out with 2Rb's and fucked Starks for no gain

mmmdk
01-15-2011, 07:41 PM
What WR stopped running? Fucker!

pbmax
01-15-2011, 07:42 PM
We can't match up with them in the trenches... how many D-linemen do we even have on the roster?? 3 or 4???

Six active I think. Nice run by Starks.

gbgary
lots of negative talk in here. down by a td in the first quarter. come on people!

red
someone somewhere has to teach our wr's how to catch and hold onto the ball a lot better. its been a huge problem the last 2 years

Bretsky
That run was pretty awesome by Starks; Great run. Jackson would have lost two yards. Nice Vision

Rastak
01-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Hey Ras. There was another guy already in the EZ who was pulling him.

Didn't see it but didn't watch the replay either. I just saw the dude from behind push him into the end zone.

Guiness
Been watching, but just getting online.

Nice run by Jackson there.

mmmdk
We'll kill Falcons running...:lol:

gbgary
two big first downs

red
here we go, running game working.

what asshole in here said we couldn't run on them?

Bretsky
I will keep insulting Jackson if he keeps running like that
Deal ?

pbmax
01-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Packer fans show up for KUUUUUUUHN!

mmmdk
01-15-2011, 07:44 PM
KUHN

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:45 PM
here we go, running game working.

what asshole in here said we couldn't run on them?

That'd be me your JAG; come back at end of game ......lol

red
i find it funny that so many national guys think starks just came out of nowhere and was just a flash in the pan, when myself and many other packer fans have been waiting on him to blowup ever since grant went down

gbgary
another first down. the o is clicking.

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:46 PM
BIG PLAY
GOTTA SCORE HERE

gbgary
yes

red
nice conversion under pressure

mmmdk
Stubby flipping the calls...:lol:

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:47 PM
HUGE PITCH AND CATCH BY JENNINGS

pbmax
Nice protection, and catch. I thought the ball was tipped.

red
That'd be me your JAG; come back at end of game ......lol

oh

i didn't realize that was you

lol

mmmdk
01-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Fast quater...not many chances will come versus Birds...Birds prey on mistakes & don't make 'em themselves.

red
01-15-2011, 07:48 PM
awesome, another cop drama, can't wait

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:50 PM
four WR's................Love it

HOODY BALL

They cant' cover all four and that short pass is our Running Game

pbmax
01-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Jordy finds Hole In Zone!

Bretsky
five wide

they can't defend that

Guiness
Good job by Jordy there.

mmmdk
Another catch for asshat Jennings - you still owe!

red
nice catch jordy

pbmax
Savvy. Cause he's white.

Packers4Glory
screw the TE..lets spread em out 4 wide w/ a RB..we can run out of that and we can make those DB's suck wind.

gbgary
another first down.

Bretsky
they had a LB covering that area

Packers4Glory
01-15-2011, 07:52 PM
lets answer!!!! send a message.

mmmdk
five wide

they can't defend that

They look to strip receivers on every play - very aggressive.

gbgary
yes

pbmax
YYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Savvy WHITE BOY.

Jimx29
Hell nice drive Pack!!

red
TD

wow, was he even in?

yup, wow

mmmdk
01-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Smashing, Jordy boy !

Guiness
Another nice play by Nelson - apparently the dime back is the weak point in the Atl secondary. We've seen big games out of him before, maybe today's his day.

gbgary
ok all you negative nellies...shame on you.

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:54 PM
four wide one rb
five wide

Atlanta will have no defense as long as we don't fumble or make a bad throw

Packers4Glory
way to answer offense.

now lets cover this kick and give the defense some field to work w/ and maybe force some mistakes.

mmmdk
Packers will visit Obama in D.C. :cow:

mmmdk
01-15-2011, 07:55 PM
four wide one rb
five wide

Atlanta will have no defense as long as we don't fumble or make a bad throw

True - we've fumbled a lot lately though.

pbmax
Horrible again.

Guiness

Pliny the Elder. Just sayin'

Jimx29
01-15-2011, 07:56 PM
fucking special teams...............

gbgary
dammit

mmmdk
Weak ass kick off.

red
honestly? who didn't see the special teams completely fucking us in the ass

swede
Crap

Bretsky
And now TWO of the three keys to GB winning this game are gone

Packers4Glory
01-15-2011, 07:57 PM
how many games are won giving up ST TD's?

so. a turnover which resulted in 7, and now a KO return for 7.

awesome.

ND72
Seriously....

swede
We'll be back to squibbing again

mmmdk
Lee is slow...& Pack guys knock each other around. Crosby not showing the "strong" leg.

pbmax
01-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Crosby put his head right in there but he may have gotten in the way of the only Packer who had a chance to tackle him.

Memo to Slocum and Crosby: No more kickoffs to the center of the field.

The Shadow
Back to work.
Let's wear the defense down.

gbgary
their d is tired. time to take advantage.

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Weak ass kick off.

B.S
how is that weak
it's two yards deep into the end zone

our coverage unit SUCKS

red
this might be good

i was just thinking and starting to worry today that the last few weeks of playing decent special teams might just save slocums job

i want him fired this offseason so we can try and go undefeated next year

Jimx29
not to worry....we'll run one back....

pbmax
Two in a row.

Brando19
It's time to cut ties with Slocum.

ND72
01-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Why is Starks returning kicks

red
WHY IN THE FLYING FUCK IS YOUR STARTING RB FIELDING KICKOFFS IN THE FIRST PLACE WHEN HE"S NEVER DONE IT BEFORE?

great MM has come out with his head up his ass

Packers4Glory
LOL

pbmax
If I was Rodgers I would strike until Slocum was let go. Gets to start another drive inside his own 10.

mmmdk
My reverse psycology has backfired.