PDA

View Full Version : I know you all LOVE ME...

ND72
04-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Ok, i finally got my butt over here to packer rats. so i'm pumped...the LaVarr Story just broke on WBAY....Draft is coming...feed me some info!

MadtownPacker
04-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Welcome! Let me know if you have any questions.

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2006, 06:18 PM
they signed LA?

Get outta here.

Now dump KGB!

Guiness
04-10-2006, 06:34 PM
*crosses himself*

HarveyWallbangers
04-10-2006, 07:00 PM
What LaVarr story?

MJZiggy
04-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Nice to see you. Finally. :razz:

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2006, 07:36 PM
what does ND stand for?

Notre Dame?

No Dick?

Neverland Denizen?

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Nice to see your a new member. Your contribution here will be appreciated ND72.

This Forum gives one a chance to come to yourself.

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2006, 07:40 PM

I'm picturing bad things.

Rastak
04-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Ok, i finally got my butt over here to packer rats. so i'm pumped...the LaVarr Story just broke on WBAY....Draft is coming...feed me some info!

Greets ND.

Edit: Here's KFFL on Arrington...

Packers | Team visits with Arrington
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:03:36 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Green Bay Packers visited with free agent LB LaVar Arrington (Redskins) Monday, April 10. Signing Arrington or free agent CB Charles Woodson (Raiders) may be what QB Brett Favre is looking for before he commits to playing the 2006 season. Arrington left without an offer while the Packers decide what to do. Arrington was excited enough about the visit that he wanted to talk to Favre.

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 09:14 PM

I put my foot in my mouth there Harlan. LOL

come to . . . oneself. . .NOPE that's not working either.

billy_oliver880
04-10-2006, 09:30 PM

You mean come into their own? Hmm I dunno? :lol:

woodbuck27
04-10-2006, 09:40 PM

You mean come into their own? Hmm I dunno? :lol:

billy, I'm thinking we'll just substitute for that word 'come' and we'll be safe. Ahh. . . how did Hemingway do it ?

Whooops ! Now I'm in a real mess.

MJZiggy
04-10-2006, 09:46 PM
How 'bout finding their own voice? (I was going to say finding themselves but realized that was no better).

Bretsky
04-10-2006, 10:02 PM

WELCOME ND !! Glad you finally accepted my recruiting pitch. Gosh, I was starting to feel like Ted Thompson attempting to get a major star football player to sign with Green Bay :wink:

On a sidenote, do you really think there is a chance TT makes a serious run at Arrington or Woodson, or is this just a teaser ?

With the type of cap space we have left, we could seriously front the first year of the contract and make it quite cheap the rest of the years. But first we'd have to find the player TT wants.

billy_oliver880
04-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Speaking of Woodson....what the heck is going on with that? Did he go on vacation or what? :evil:

Bretsky
04-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Speaking of Woodson....what the heck is going on with that? Did he go on vacation or what? :evil:

Waiting game to hope the price comes down ?

billy_oliver880
04-10-2006, 10:19 PM

Waiting game to hope the price comes down ?

Must be a pipe dream on TT's account.

Deputy Nutz
04-10-2006, 10:39 PM
The nice thing about Lavar is that he is only 28 years old, and Woodson is still only 29. These two guys aren't quick solutions. Woodson has a couple of solid years left at corner, and then can probably move to safety.

Arrington can easily play for another 4 years if he can stay healthy. The only negitive with Arrington is he relies on his athletism so much that if he gets ding up his play is going to suffer because he will then be limited physically, and he isn't a student of the game. He isn't going to sit in the film room for 3 hours a day.

Harlan Huckleby
04-10-2006, 10:44 PM
he isn't a student of the game.

I'll take the athlete, you can have the student.

And I'm not sure I buy into the report of his poor mental abilities. I only tend to believe what I can see for myself.

motife
04-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Arrington to Packers? Maybe Packers general manager Ted Thompson can excite Brett Favre into making a quick decision. Though Thompson isn't big on free agency, he brought LaVar Arrington to town Monday for a visit. Arrington is one of the biggest names left on the free agent market. The Packers also looked at cornerback Charles Woodson.

Signing an Arrington or a Woodson may be what Favre is looking for before he commits to playing the 2006 season. No team has been willing to meet Arrington's $7 million-a-year-plus price tag, but the Packers have enough cap room to make a big free agent strike. Arrington left without an offer while the Packers decide what to do. Arrington was excited enough about the visit that he wanted to talk to Favre. An Arrington signing might convince Favre to play this season.

The Giants, meanwhile, never came close to his asking price -- at least seven years, $54 million. Even though they are still interested, they don't have any offer on the table. The Dolphins have the best offer for Arrington, but it's not close to $54 million. That's why the visit with the Packers could be interesting.

Bretsky
04-11-2006, 12:51 AM
It all sounds OK, but I can't see TT giving Arrington close to that kind of money. Heck, I can't imaging Arrington striking it rich anywhere after the past couple seasons.

Bretsky
04-11-2006, 12:58 AM
How is this for a pipe dream ?

Sign Arrington and Woodson.

Trade the #5 pick for the #15 and #22 and find two starters there plus another in round two.

Tarlam!
04-11-2006, 03:20 AM
I'd still take Hawk if we sign Lavar. That would be incredible.

Rastak
04-11-2006, 06:11 AM
he isn't a student of the game.

I'll take the athlete, you can have the student.

And I'm not sure I buy into the report of his poor mental abilities. I only tend to believe what I can see for myself.

Well, Greg Williams and Joe Gibbs were driven crazy by the guy....great athlete who refused to stick with his assignments. Free lancing every play. THAT'S why he was riding pine last year after he got healthy. But I suppose every coach thinks they can change him. I'm not a big fan of his, although if he were cheap he may be a role player...unless he suddenly started listening....then he'd be a solid starter.

Guiness
04-11-2006, 08:29 AM
How can a guy who's been benched half the season expect huge money?

Oh wait. T.O. I'd almost forgotten how stupid NFL owners can be. Lucky for us we don't have an 'owner'.

Seriously, sometimes I think that really helps. Say what you will about TT's moves (or non-moves) but at least it's football people making the decisions all the time. Much better than football people making the decisions most of the time, and a big ego'd owner coming in, overiding the GM, and making a bone-headed decision that screws everything for a couple of years.

The list of owners who've done that is long. The obvious ones are Jones, Davis and Snyder. Second tier was McCombs and Georgia Frontiere (Rams) with their penny pinching. WC Ford has reputedly stuck his nose in at times. Most other owners have interfered at some point.

ND72
04-11-2006, 08:38 AM
first off...the ND are my initials, and also, I'm a Notre Dame fan...so i'm a 2 for 1...also wanted to go play college football there, but they wanted me to walk on and paying $30,000 a year for school wasn't quite in the budget....NOW, onto important stuff. I do hope we sign LaVarr. As much as I was AJ Hawk, and signing LaVarr doesn't discount that...but i'd love the meanness he brings. I would like Woodson also, but i don't see Teddy bringing out hte $$$ for 2 guys.

Tarlam!
04-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Yeah, but it is a pleasent script.

Woody, Arry, AJ. Now find me that mauling DE and I would say, we are contenders....

Deputy Nutz
04-11-2006, 08:56 AM
I think it is a ploy on both ends. TT is trying to look good for Favre and Arrington is trying to strangle a little more doe out of Miami.

Arrington would be a good fit in the Green Bay system, just run and find the ball. I would feel sorry for him if he had to play behind KGB, nobody can look good behind him.

Patler
04-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Arrington would be a good fit in the Green Bay system, just run and find the ball. I would feel sorry for him if he had to play behind KGB, nobody can look good behind him.

Nutz, you must have been a linebacker. They all expect to be able to run around and make tackles without ever seeing a blocker! :lol:

Tarlam!
04-11-2006, 09:03 AM
We need a mauling DE......

jack's smirking revenge
04-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Welcome ND72! Thanks for making the long trip over to the sewer. Great to have you here.

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
04-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Sign Arrington and Woodson.

This has about a 1% chance of happening, but I'd love it. I think Woodson and Arrington can still play very well. They aren't that old. It would bring two playmakers to the team.

Trade the #5 pick for the #15 and #22 and find two starters there plus another in round two.

No way do I want them to do this. Why? So we can draft two Ahmad Carroll type of players. I want a playmaker. Somebody we know has a better than average chance to develop into a Pro Bowl caliber player.