PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want for the NFC Championship Game?

esoxx
01-15-2011, 09:59 PM
The history buff in me wants to see the Bears with huge bragging rights on the line in the Championship game.

The Pack would flatten the Bears.

However, since I could never root for the Bears to win any game, and since I'll be watching the game tomorrow, I guess I'll have to go with the Seahawks. The most undeserving team to ever make the playoffs in the history of the NFL.

It's all good.

red
01-15-2011, 10:12 PM
doesn't matter, bring anyone

we're on fire

Cheesehead Craig
01-15-2011, 10:15 PM

we're on fire
This. Same with the SB too.

red
01-15-2011, 10:20 PM
24 degrees and cloudy next sunday in chicago

51 degrees and possible rain in seattle

Gunakor
01-15-2011, 10:22 PM
I want the Bears. Biggest rivalry in football on the biggest stage possible. There's never been a Green Bay vs. Chicago NFC Championship Game. It would be epic.

esoxx
01-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Don't get me wrong, either team will get bitch-slapped by the Pack. Pack will be favored no matter which team wins tomorrow.

It would be cool from a historic perspective to bring the pain to the Bears on their home field with a Super Bowl berth on the line. I could die satisfied after that.

mmmdk
01-15-2011, 10:23 PM
I want Bears. Packers are writing history, more great history. Champs baby!

gbgary
01-15-2011, 10:34 PM
doesn't matter but playing indoors would be great for the guys.

Jimx29
01-15-2011, 10:38 PM

we're on fire

yep. game.set.match

MadtownPacker
01-15-2011, 10:40 PM
It has to be the bears. A shot at NFL history and greatness await the Packers.

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 10:40 PM
I WANT GOOD WEATHER CONDITIONS; bad weather is the great equalizer

I'd take a dome as well

Joemailman
01-15-2011, 11:11 PM
doesn't matter but playing indoors would be great for the guys.

Neither Bears or Seahawks play indoors.

Tarlam!
01-15-2011, 11:15 PM
I want the Bears. Biggest rivalry in football on the biggest stage possible. There's never been a Green Bay vs. Chicago NFC Championship Game. It would be epic.

It has to be the bears. A shot at NFL history and greatness await the Packers.

It would be cool from a historic perspective to bring the pain to the Bears on their home field with a Super Bowl berth on the line. I could die satisfied after that.

I want Bears. Packers are writing history, more great history. Champs baby!

THIS!!!!!

RashanGary
01-15-2011, 11:31 PM
I think Seattle is the easiest road so I'll pick Seattle. If we get the Bears though, I'd be fine with that. The game will be much more exciting if it's the Bears. I don't give a shit about beating teh Bears right now. I want a SB so I'd choose Seattle and then the real prize comes in February.

gbgary
01-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Neither Bears or Seahawks play indoors.

d'oh! i don't know why but i always forget that about seattle. dang it. well...the weather there has got to be better than chicago. i want our guys to be able to play as close as possible to their best.

Fritz
01-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Talking about playing conditions here reminded me of a pregame comment from one of the tv talking heads - about how much team speed the Packers have.

When was the last time you heard about a Green Bay team that had team speed???

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Seahawks. Division games are 50/50 tossups. If we face the Seahawks, we are almost guaranteed a Super Bowl berth. Bears would be a battle.

superfan
01-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Agree with Bretsky/Harv and others - would prefer to play Seattle. I thought their stadium was retractable? This team should be favored against either opponent. Weather is the great equalizer, and would prefer to play in ideal conditions, and minimize any weather induced anomalies. No real concern about either opponent - of course anything can happen in any game, but we just waxed the best team in the division, so no major cause for concern.

easy cheesy
01-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Safeco is retractable... not Qwest.... irrespective... the Pack will roll....

Allen rejected plans for a retractable roof during the early stages of the stadium's design. The lack of a retractable roof made it open to the elements, provided better views, and reduced the total cost of the project. [/URL]The roof, at 200,000 sq ft (19,000 m2), (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qwest_Field#cite_note-Seattle_Times_2002-08-02-21) covers 70% of the seats but leaves the field open. The roof spans 720 ft (220 m) between concrete pylon supports at the north and south ends of the stadium. Its two expansive sections are held from below by trusses. From above, two arches with additional supports rise 200 ft (61 m) over the field. Post tension cables were used to achieve its final shape and positioning. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qwest_Field#cite_note-Custom_Builder_2003-05-01-17) To minimize damage in the event of an earthquake, the roof has a friction pendulum damper system. This disconnects the roof from the support pylons so that it can move independently of the structure. The technology had never been applied to a large-scale roof before Qwest Field.[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qwest_Field#cite_note-Journal_Of_Commerce_Soil-20"]

superfan
01-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the confirmation easy cheesy. I'll stick to my original preference to play the Seahawks. Moderate temperatures + chance of rain > cold temps and chance of snow.

Tony Oday
01-16-2011, 01:20 AM
Seattle...seriously I hate the Bears but they are a team that can beat us...Hasselbeck just sucks and throws a pick in OT to Sam Shields ;)

easy cheesy
01-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the confirmation easy cheesy. I'll stick to my original preference to play the Seahawks. Moderate temperatures + chance of rain > cold temps and chance of snow.

I tend to agree... however... the thought of "sucking it up" for one more week in this city of latte suckin' jack wagons REALLY gets me riled.... unless you live here... ***sigh***... you just can't even imagine the slop we're listening to about the "Almighty" Seahawks.... blechhhhhhhh.

Some jerk wad on KIRO here in Seattle said to a Chicago commentator.... "So, you guys seem to really be into football and stuff... wow.. that's just so neat"..... "What do you guys eat at the stadium? Brats?", "How long has Chicago had a team, isn't it a long time now?"....."wow" indeed....

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2011, 01:31 AM
It's funny when people live in the town of an opposing team. People living in Minnesota think Viking fans suck. People living in Chicago think Bear fans suck. People living in Detroit think Lion fan sucks.

Tarlam!
01-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Neither team is easy at their respective home, but the Bears fans are silenced more easily, I believe. At least, they turn on their team when things go poorly. Seattle fans will be delighted to just host the game after a losing season (that is just wrong, BTW), so the crowd will remain a factor.

I heard it's the loudest place to play anywhere in the league. And, it's a f*ck of a long way from Lambeau and has a funny time zone.

I take Harvey's point about 50/50 and Tony's about the Bears being able to win that game, but my Dad always said "Beware of the Underdog". While both teams will be underdogs next week, the Packers were beaten by the Bears already and will likely take them more seriously. Let's face it, they went to Atlanta to play today. I dunno if they wouldn't take Seattle too lightly.

easy cheesy
01-16-2011, 01:39 AM
It's funny when people live in the town of an opposing team. People living in Minnesota think Viking fans suck. People living in Chicago think Bear fans suck. People living in Detroit think Lion fan sucks.

Live here and walk a mile pal.... they suck.... and funny?... not so much.... Seattle is a different "animal" altogether.....12th man my ass.... the anticipation of watching them "take a dump" somewhere along the line is making me tingle.....

Tarlam!
01-16-2011, 01:42 AM
I'm surprised by your observations, Cheesey. After all, they gave us Starbucks. They can't be all bad....

Freak Out
01-16-2011, 01:43 AM
I want the Seachicks....I would go to that game.

easy cheesy
01-16-2011, 01:44 AM

I've got tickets if they do.... I'll buy ya' a beer....

Freak Out
01-16-2011, 01:46 AM
I've got tickets if they do.... I'll buy ya' a beer....

No....It's my treat.

easy cheesy
01-16-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm surprised by your observations, Cheesey. After all, they gave us Starbucks. They can't be all bad....

LOLOLOL!

http://corndogger.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/starbucks-sucks-fail.jpg

By the way.... Qwest Field pumps in artificial crowd noise... just sayin'....

http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/seattle-12th-man.jpg?w=420

Ummmmm... yeah......

easy cheesy
01-16-2011, 01:50 AM
No....It's my treat.

DEAL!!! I've got the tickets if you've got the time!!!

easy cheesy
01-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Oh the humanity....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_z9qmB1ad7Qg/TJZkTRN0EhI/AAAAAAAAAWk/fuCFmmkMX4Q/s1600/hawks.jpg

BallHawk
01-16-2011, 02:09 AM
I could see Aaron possibly getting into some trouble with the Bears defense. I can't imagine a situation where Aaron Rodgers would not be tearing up the Seahawks defense. Repeat numbers of tonight, probably higher on TD count. Guaranteed. We'd have to suffer a defensive collapse to lose that game. And I don't buy that Hasselbeck can beat a defense that is this fast, age has been creeping on him. Chicago we would be favored, but as has been said...division games are a toss-up (Baltimore/Pittsburgh today could have gone either way, easily)

VegasPackFan
01-16-2011, 03:21 AM
Stop being a bunch of pussies - there is no better path to the SB than on the carcasses of BEARS! Come on!!! That would be the greatest achivement ever!!

Gunakor
01-16-2011, 05:21 AM
I think Seattle is the easiest road so I'll pick Seattle.

We haven't taken the easy road all season long, yet here we are. With this group I wouldn't have it any other way. This team seems to thrive in that type of atmosphere. After the loss @ New England we knew it would take 6 straight victories against the NFL's very best to take home the hardware, and our best performances have come with our backs up against the wall. Over the past month we've beaten each of the top 3 seeds in the NFC, 2 of them in elimination games. As long as this team is rising up to and exceeding the level of our competition, I want the very best on the opposite sideline. Shit ain't supposed to come easy this time of year anyway.

The Bears would be the tougher opponent, I agree. And it's our biggest rival. But it's the NFC Championship Game. There seldom is a game more exciting than Chicago vs. Green Bay, playing for Papa Bear's trophy and a shot at Saint Vince's trophy. It just doesn't get any better than that. Ever. And if we can't win THAT game, then we don't deserve to be playing in Dallas come February anyway.

CaptainKickass
01-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Live here and walk a mile pal.... they suck.... and funny?... not so much.... Seattle is a different "animal" altogether.....

I do and I agree.

They have a few nice microbrews.

I would not attend the game, and I live in Seattle. I attended the last game GB played here, the snow-globe game when Barnett got injured and we replaced him with Abdul Hodge and then promptly lost.

It's not the ticket price, it's the "Oh fer Fahk Sake!" traffic to get there. It's the 3 hours it takes to get the hell out after the game is over. It's also way they rape you for everything else: $8 a beer, $30.00 for parking, ZERO tailgating (unless you count paying a cover charge to get into a tent for the privilege of purchasing an overpriced hot dog and then purchasing another $8 beer). No pick-up trucks, no actual tailgates, no grills, no lawn chairs, no coolers of beer.

bobblehead
01-16-2011, 05:43 AM
2 reasons I will say the Seahawks.

1) How funny would it be to see the bears luck come to an end by losing at home to a 7-9 team !!!!
2) I am always a what if/ devils advocate type and I have to think of how bad it would hurt to actually lose to the Bears in another 18 penalty game. It would ruin everything positive I have felt this season and I just don't even want to risk that.

Tarlam!
01-16-2011, 07:47 AM
I would rather they play the Bears, but like Bretsky, I can't root for them. This is a sucky situation.

Gunakor
01-16-2011, 08:11 AM
2) I am always a what if/ devils advocate type and I have to think of how bad it would hurt to actually lose to the Bears in another 18 penalty game. It would ruin everything positive I have felt this season and I just don't even want to risk that.

18 penalties would kill us against the Seahawks too. 18 penalties would probably do us in against the likes of Carolina or Buffalo. Honestly, if a repeat of that performance is what worries you, it doesn't matter who wins this afternoon.

Joemailman
01-16-2011, 08:27 AM
The Bears defense still scares me. Nobody can run on them, and although they give up passing yards, they've given up just 14 TD passes and have 21 INT's. A game with them will likely resemble the last meeting between the 2 teams.

Scott Campbell
01-16-2011, 08:35 AM

You'll burn in the fiery depths of hell if you pull for the Bears today. You do know that - right?

green_bowl_packer
01-16-2011, 08:42 AM

Chicago here and yes they do suck, some smart fans who know what they are talking about these are the Bears fans still don't know if they are for real or not having run into a string of 3rd string QBs, but know something is off with Cutler (comes off as a punk to me).

Chicago would be my pick for NFCC, win the trophy named after their founder in their stadium, in front of their fans, for the Superbowl. As a fan it would give a lifetime cache of smack over any Bears fan forever. Wouldn't it feel good to have this go to nugget for spirited football debate? "Oh yeah, 2011, playoffs, NFCC, 2 seed, Superbowl on the line, at home, against your biggest rival the Pack . . ., AND THE PACKERS KICKED YOUR ASS UP AND DOWN THE FIELD!!! BEARS STILL SUCK!, oh yeah and to top it off we won the SB too!!!"

Proof that Bears fans suck and these are the good seats mind you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e09uPUXmihk

RashanGary
01-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Before this game, I'm hoping Seattle. As epic as a Bears/Pack game would be, I could care less. I think we match up better against Seattle. If the Bears win and they probably will, then I'm as excited as ever about the Packer Bear game. I think that game would break every NFL playoff ratings and viewership record there is. It's going to be the entire talk of the week. It would be a terribly tough game though. The Bears are NEVER easy and half the time we lose.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-16-2011, 08:45 AM
I think Seattle is the easiest road so I'll pick Seattle. If we get the Bears though, I'd be fine with that. The game will be much more exciting if it's the Bears. I don't give a shit about beating teh Bears right now. I want a SB so I'd choose Seattle and then the real prize comes in February.

What he said. I really want to get to the Super Bowl and win it! I want Seattle b/c with good weather and no wind our offense can do some damage. One step at a time. Great game yesterday!

Gunakor
01-16-2011, 08:58 AM
You'll burn in the fiery depths of hell if you pull for the Bears today. You do know that - right?

They pulled for us yesterday. I think it'll all even out in God's eyes next week.

Gunakor
01-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Before this game, I'm hoping Seattle. As epic as a Bears/Pack game would be, I could care less. I think we match up better against Seattle. If the Bears win and they probably will, then I'm as excited as ever about the Packer Bear game. I think that game would break every NFL playoff ratings and viewership record there is. It's going to be the entire talk of the week. It would be a terribly tough game though. The Bears are NEVER easy and half the time we lose.

And if we can't win that game we don't deserve to be playing anybody in February in the first place.

Think of it this way. What happens if we WIN? We get Papa Bear Halas' trophy presented to us at Soldier Field while the Bears watch. That's every Packers fan's wet dream to see that happen. I'm already getting goosebumps!

Scott Campbell
01-16-2011, 09:08 AM
They pulled for us yesterday. I think it'll all even out in God's eyes next week.

God might give you a pass, but Vince sure as hell won't.

MadtownPacker
01-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Stop being a bunch of pussies - there is no better path to the SB than on the carcasses of BEARS! Come on!!! That would be the greatest achivement ever!!

We haven't taken the easy road all season long, yet here we are. With this group I wouldn't have it any other way. This team seems to thrive in that type of atmosphere. After the loss @ New England we knew it would take 6 straight victories against the NFL's very best to take home the hardware, and our best performances have come with our backs up against the wall. Over the past month we've beaten each of the top 3 seeds in the NFC, 2 of them in elimination games. As long as this team is rising up to and exceeding the level of our competition, I want the very best on the opposite sideline. Shit ain't supposed to come easy this time of year anyway.

The Bears would be the tougher opponent, I agree. And it's our biggest rival. But it's the NFC Championship Game. There seldom is a game more exciting than Chicago vs. Green Bay, playing for Papa Bear's trophy and a shot at Saint Vince's trophy. It just doesn't get any better than that. Ever. And if we can't win THAT game, then we don't deserve to be playing in Dallas come February anyway.

Chicago here and yes they do suck, some smart fans who know what they are talking about these are the Bears fans still don't know if they are for real or not having run into a string of 3rd string QBs, but know something is off with Cutler (comes off as a punk to me).

Chicago would be my pick for NFCC, win the trophy named after their founder in their stadium, in front of their fans, for the Superbowl. As a fan it would give a lifetime cache of smack over any Bears fan forever. Wouldn't it feel good to have this go to nugget for spirited football debate? "Oh yeah, 2011, playoffs, NFCC, 2 seed, Superbowl on the line, at home, against your biggest rival the Pack . . ., AND THE PACKERS KICKED YOUR ASS UP AND DOWN THE FIELD!!! BEARS STILL SUCK!, oh yeah and to top it off we won the SB too!!!"

Proof that Bears fans suck and these are the good seats mind you.

And if we can't win that game we don't deserve to be playing anybody in February in the first place.

Think of it this way. What happens if we WIN? We get Papa Bear Halas' trophy presented to us at Soldier Field while the Bears watch. That's every Packers fan's wet dream to see that happen. I'm already getting goosebumps!A bunch of hardcore MFers. I bet the Packers have this same attitude as well. The bears should have got swept this season if not for a bunch of screw ups by the Pack. If they survive the seahawks today they are ripe for the picking if you ask me. I will bet every bears fan I know.

IN 20 years this matchup will be seen on NFL films like those old Packers, Steelers and 49ers games, classics.

SkinBasket
01-16-2011, 09:44 AM

1) How funny would it be to see the bears luck come to an end by losing at home to a 7-9 team !!!!

This is my first thought. I want to see humiliation, not history.

And honestly, I would rather see us play somewhere warmer. And against a team that lost more games than it won this year. And I bet Hasselbeck's looking for redemption. Getting to see that clips played a few more times pre-game is worth it IMO.

gbgary
01-16-2011, 09:52 AM
i want the Pack in the superbowl. i hate the bears. i want their run of luck to end today. a nasty game with them, in the bitter-ass cold, would end up with more of our players hurt. a win by the seahawks today would put the bears in their place. go seahawks.

GrnBay007
01-16-2011, 01:16 PM

Someone at work was saying it hadn't happened since 1941 but I looked it up and that was a division championship game. Yes, it will be huge!! Wonder what you would have to fork out for a ticket to that game.

mmmdk
01-16-2011, 01:27 PM
18 votes for the fear of Cutler :lol: Probably the same people that wants Bert back :lol: :lol:

Packman_26
01-16-2011, 01:48 PM

Well, its doesn't look like it will happen this way but if the Packers win in Seattle and then win the Super Bowl, will anyone really think they don't deserve it? Maybe you are just saying that you think they will win against either team and I wouldn't disagree with you. I don't think deserve is the right term to use....

Joemailman
01-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Someone at work was saying it hadn't happened since 1941 but I looked it up and that was a division championship game. Yes, it will be huge!! Wonder what you would have to fork out for a ticket to that game.

Starting at $545.00 http://www.theticketking.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=1514475&event=NFC+Championship+Game:+Chicago+Bears+vs.+Gre en+Bay+Packers+(If+Necessary)

mmmdk
01-16-2011, 02:32 PM

A devils advocate? ...you don't say! You fucking ray of light!

MJZiggy
01-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Now it's not what we want, but more about what we got. We beat Chicago a couple weeks ago. I think we can do it again...