PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Prediction

Brando19
01-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Who do you guys think will be in the Super Bowl? My pick is a Packers/Steelers Super Bowl with a Green Bay win. It may be New England, but it doesn't matter because the Packers will pick them apart.

red
01-15-2011, 10:25 PM
i'm thinking its the pack and the pats rematch

but this time a-rod plays, not a guy making his first start

Gunakor
01-15-2011, 10:27 PM
How incredible would that be. Pittsburgh vs Green Bay playing in Dallas for the Lombardi Trophy. Only in Hollywood.

mmmdk
01-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Packers will win the Super Bowl.

Tarlam!
01-15-2011, 10:36 PM
The Packers still need to win on the road again next week. That will be 3 in a row. That's a tough stretch. I think the Steelers did it in Cowher's last season from #6 seed. Giants did it from #5 seed. Anybody know any others?

Anyway, I still haven't counted out the Jets and I definitely think the Packers are no shoe in.

red
01-15-2011, 10:42 PM
The Packers still need to win on the road again next week. That will be 3 in a row. That's a tough stretch. I think the Steelers did it in Cowher's last season from #6 seed. Giants did it from #5 seed. Anybody know any others?

Anyway, I still haven't counted out the Jets and I definitely think the Packers are no shoe in.

personally, i think we've already beaten the other 2 best teams from the nfc in the playoffs

Tarlam!
01-15-2011, 11:01 PM
personally, i think we've already beaten the other 2 best teams from the nfc in the playoffs

No question, but I will remind you how heavily favoured the Pack was in Bert's final game in Green and Gold. The Packers haven't won anything yet, not even the division title.

Packgator
01-15-2011, 11:04 PM
No question, but I will remind you how heavily favoured the Pack was in Bert's final game in Green and Gold.

True..... but this is a much better team with a much better QB.

Tarlam!
01-15-2011, 11:06 PM
True..... but this is a much better team with a much better QB.

The Pack still need to go through Schitcargo or worse. You all be counting the roadkill before firing up the Buick.

Bretsky
01-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Hoody will be tough to beat, even though I'm still not convinced him team is that great

RashanGary
01-15-2011, 11:19 PM
B, I think we're one of the teams that can beat NE although I'm sure his team will be prepared and ready to play. With Shields and Williams playing outside, we have Woodson inside where he can roam around and be unpredictable. Woodson might be the best secondary player in the game at anticipating route combinations and understanding what offenses are trying to do to him. He had Brady's number, should have had 2 picks. With Clay, Jenkins and Raji putting constant pressure and Brady not knowing where Wood is going to be. . . . I think we could fuck with their offense big time. We already did.

Tarlam!
01-15-2011, 11:22 PM
I just hope the coaches and players haven't forgotten there's a game to win before they start talking Big Dance. You guys are setting us up for a huge karma swing!

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2011, 12:25 AM
I'd love Packers vs. Steelers. What an epic Super Bowl that would be. Two great franchises historically. Two franchises that play the same defense. Two great QBs. McCarthy going against his home town team. Plus, my two best friends are Steelers fans.

CaptainKickass
01-16-2011, 04:19 AM
The Packers haven't won anything yet, not even the division title.

Bam!

+1

Not hearing any fat lady just yet.

Gunakor
01-16-2011, 05:54 AM
I just hope the coaches and players haven't forgotten there's a game to win before they start talking Big Dance. You guys are setting us up for a huge karma swing!

There's only one team that beat the Packers this season. The Packers. The same team that has won 4 straight elimination games to get to this point in the season, including each of the top 3 seeds in the NFC. It's been over a decade since I've seen a team in Green Bay so intensely focused on that elusive Lombardi Trophy. I'm not worried one bit about the mindset of our football team right now.

vince
01-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Agreed Gunk. McCarthy often talks about the biggest challenge the team needs to overcome - handling success. Here it is. I don't think they'll have a problem at this stage of the season - handling success that is. McCarthy has this team as confident and focused as I think you can be.

What an incredible job he's done so far this year.

Executive of the Year - Ted Thompson
Coach of the Year - Mike McCarthy
Coordinator of the Year - Dom Capers
Defensive Player of the Year - Clay Matthews III

sheepshead
01-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Who do you guys think will be in the Super Bowl? My pick is a Packers/Steelers Super Bowl with a Green Bay win. It may be New England, but it doesn't matter because the Packers will pick them apart.

That was my preseason pick, Im sticking to it

jklowan
01-16-2011, 08:12 AM
>>>
Executive of the Year - Ted Thompson
Coach of the Year - Mike McCarthy
Coordinator of the Year - Dom Capers
Defensive Player of the Year - Clay Matthews III <<<

YOU FORGOT MVP - Aaron Rogers
http://packerrats.com/images/icons/icon12.png