PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Roster/2010 Rroster

Patler
01-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Of the 53 man roster eligible for the NFC Championship game 3 years ago, 30 players are not on the 53 man roster today. 30 new players and just 23 holdovers from just 3 years ago.

Joemailman
01-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Was there a change at quarterback?

gbpackfan
01-15-2011, 11:34 PM
I forget, who was the QB in 2007? ;-)

Fritz
01-16-2011, 12:15 AM
That's amazing. And amazing too that Thompson and MM were willing to turn over that many players from a roster that'd gotten to the NFC Championship game. It's even weirder though to think that there's still a few guys who were drafted by Ron Wolf on this team today. Wow.

OS PA
01-16-2011, 12:19 AM
That's amazing. And amazing too that Thompson and MM were willing to turn over that many players from a roster that'd gotten to the NFC Championship game. It's even weirder though to think that there's still a few guys who were drafted by Ron Wolf on this team today. Wow.

How many Shermers are there?

esoxx
01-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Barnett, Jenkins, and Wells.

Fritz
01-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Any holdovers from the Tom Braatz era???

Bretsky
01-16-2011, 12:35 AM
Any holdovers from the Tom Braatz era???

James Campen ?

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2011, 12:38 AM
James Campen ?

:)

Packgator
01-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Of the 53 man roster eligible for the NFC Championship game 3 years ago, 30 players are not on the 53 man roster today. 30 new players and just 23 holdovers from just 3 years ago.

TT is the man.

CaptainKickass
01-16-2011, 04:31 AM

I do get the distinct feeling that the packers "program" or "brand" of football MM keeps mentioning is it's own different animal than the other NFL teams run. They obviously have a belief in youth, and a huge belief in their scouting abilities - but something different just seems like it's going on behind closed doors at 1265. I first thought of it with the avalanche of injuries. Someone here pointed out just how many defensive starters we lost. Then we suddenly find our defense hasn't suffered or become worse...it actually improved.

How exactly does a team not suffer a decline with so many injuries, much less improve?

bobblehead
01-16-2011, 05:46 AM
Other teams do it Captain. Other than the one year where Hoodie decided to go sign Adalius Thomas and trade for Moss, he has built through the draft, constantly trading this years picks for better picks next year and that sort of thing. Always bringing in young talent. I would like to see their roster turnover from their last superbowl compared to this 14-2 team.

CaptainKickass
01-16-2011, 06:02 AM
Other teams do it Captain. Other than the one year where Hoodie decided to go sign Adalius Thomas and trade for Moss, he has built through the draft, constantly trading this years picks for better picks next year and that sort of thing. Always bringing in young talent. I would like to see their roster turnover from their last superbowl compared to this 14-2 team.

Respectfully - I'm not saying that I'm that amazed at the roster turnover.

What I am saying is I am especially amazed by this: I have no memory of any NFL team suffering the quantity of injuries/missed starts/IR list that the Pack has and then improved as a team. Specifically - our defense. Our defense lost a bunch of righteous players and still improved.

So not only were they able to draft well - ala the hoodie's blueprint, they were also able to develop them in what appears to be very short order. Then, to top it all off, they got better.

Patler
01-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Respectfully - I'm not saying that I'm that amazed at the roster turnover.

What I am saying is I am especially amazed by this: I have no memory of any NFL team suffering the quantity of injuries/missed starts/IR list that the Pack has and then improved as a team. Specifically - our defense. Our defense lost a bunch of righteous players and still improved.

So not only were they able to draft well - ala the hoodie's blueprint, they were also able to develop them in what appears to be very short order. Then, to top it all off, they got better.

They said last night that Packer starters missed 91 games this year. Usually it is considered to be a huge blow, and potentially crippling if teams have around 50 missed games by starters. Some teams start excusing themselves if they have more than 30.

The attitude from TT and the entire coaching staff has always been, "So what? That's the NFL. Players get hurt. Next man up!" I think the attitude has really taken hold in GB. That, and the young and/or new players seem to be welcomed and accepted quickly as part of the team.

pbmax
01-16-2011, 01:34 PM
James Campen ?

You are a beautiful mind B.

pbmax
01-16-2011, 01:39 PM
I think it also helps that some of the longest tenured coaches the Packers have in the current system are on defense. Greene and Perry are in a good position to help youngsters learn the nuances of this defense. While Shields isn't directly under Perry, I think Perry does coach up Wood when he moves inside and plays like a safety rather than slot CB. Greene is obviously helping the new OLBs. And Trgovac is very experienced even if it does come from another defense, though he has had fewer new players than Greene (Wynn was here last year and Wilson has been the only new long term project, Howard Green is a vet).

Edgar also helps because he has been here since M3's start and has played the position.