PDA

View Full Version : All-Divison Team

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Saw this at the KFAN forum (Twin Cities radio station). Their picks were horrible, but it's an interesting conversation that I think we had a long time ago.

My All-NFC North Team (best attempt to keep the homerism out of it)

QB Brett Favre - the QBs in the division still mostly stink after Favre
RB Thomas Jones*
FB William Henderson - the fact the Vikings went after Henderson and then Tony Richardson should tell you all you need to know
WR Donald Driver
WR Roy Williams - close between him and Muhsin Muhammad
LT Chad Clifton - I could see Bryant McKinnie here also
LG Steve Hutchinson
C Olin Kreutz
RG Damien Woody
RT Mark Tauscher

DE Adewale Ogunleye
DT Pat Williams**
DT Shaun Rogers
DE Aaron Kampman - Alex Brown was a consideration
SLB Boss Bailey - weak crop of SLBs
MLB Brian Urlacher
WLB Lance Briggs
CB Al Harris - Dre Bly, Nathan Vasher, Charles Tillman got consideration at corner
CB Antoine Winfield
SS Darren Sharper
FS Nick Collins

K Ryan Longwell
P Chris Kluwe - I have doubts about him this year (returning from an injured knee), but the other punters in the division stink

* Tough one. If healthy, I'd take Ahman. Thomas Jones was the best back last year, but he hasn't strung together back-to-back good seasons. Chester Taylor and Kevin Jones are still question marks.

** I'm guessing Kevin Williams will be here this year, but Pat was a monster last year, so I have to give him his due.

woodbuck27
08-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Nice Team.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-09-2006, 01:02 AM
QB Brett Favre - the QBs in the division still mostly stink after Favre
RB A. Green
FB William Henderson
WR Donald Driver
WR Roy Williams
LT Chad Clifton
LG Steve Hutchinson
C Olin Kreutz/ Matt Brik
RG Damien Woody
RT Mark Tauscher

DE Adewale Ogunleye
DT Pat Williams**
DT Shaun Rogers
DE Alex Brown
SLB Nick Barnett :D
MLB A. Hodge :D
WLB A.J.Hawk :D
CB Al Harris - Dre Bly, Nathan Vasher, CB Antoine Winfield
SS Darren Sharper
FS Mike Brown

K Ryan Longwell
P Jon Ryan

*TE: Franks, J. Wiggins

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Oops. For TE, I'd personally go with Franks (all around TE, lacking deep speed) or Pollard. I've watched Wiggins catch his 3 yard dumpoffs over the last two years, and I think he's overrated. I actually would take Kleinsasser over Wiggins, but I'm biased.

Tony Oday
08-09-2006, 02:01 AM
LOL that team would still lose the super bowl ;)

Rastak
08-09-2006, 06:53 AM
Interesting team, I don't know how anyone could take A Green though as the best back in the North. After having seen him the last two years, he's on the downside bigtime.

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Ahman had a bad start to the season with bad interior OL. Two years ago, he still managed 1200 rushing yards, 40 receptions, 8 TDs, and 4.5 yards/carry average (a number that Chester Taylor has never bettered). If he's healthy, I suspect he'll be the best back in the division again. He hasn't hit 30 yet, and personally I think he can be a guy (like Curtis Martin) that can be good into his 30s. His season two years ago looked bad compared to his 1800 yard season the year before, but he was still solid. I think Viking fans would be ecstatic to get 1200 rushing yards, 40 receptions, and 8 TDs out of Taylor.

red
08-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Interesting team, I don't know how anyone could take A Green though as the best back in the North. After having seen him the last two years, he's on the downside bigtime.

he was also hurt even before the injury. he quad was giving him problems, i thin, the whole season until it snapped.

and at the end of the 2005 season, i think he was playing with broken ribs.

so we haven't seen a healthy ahman for awhile.

don't be surprised to se him return to his dominate self, IF his quad fully heals and he can stay healthy

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2006, 09:15 AM
This backs up my thoughts that Pat Williams was the best DT I saw last year. Hopefully, he doesn't fit the new scheme. From ESPN:

"Pat Williams, DT, Vikings: Williams led all defensive tackles in the number of times he defeated an offensive lineman's block. In fact, Williams' 44 defeated blocks were nine more than the second-place finisher in that category. There were games when Williams was simply unblockable, yet he still didn't make the Pro Bowl...

I don't know about a conspiracy, but I will say this: The person or persons who pick the Pro Bowl injury replacements could have selected Williams to replace the injured Rod Coleman. Instead they picked La'Roi Glover, who had one of the worst success percentages of any defensive tackle. It makes you wonder about the entire selection process."

justanotherpackfan
08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
QB Brett Favre
RB Kevin Jones
FB William Henderson
WR Donald Driver
WR Roy Williams
LT Bryant McKinnie or Chad Clifton
LG Steve Hutchinson
C Matt Birk
RG Damien Woody
RT Mark Tauscher