PDA

View Full Version : The Packers defense is unique and will match up well against any QB

RashanGary
01-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Raji, Clay and Jenkins when healthy get consistent pressure without blitzing

Williams and Shields lock down the outsides and Collins roams the deep middle with intimidating range.

Woodson inside makes our defense unique. His route recognition, tendency awareness, instincts and ball skills make him one of the most unique players in the NFL. At this point maybe he doesn't have the speed to be elite on the outside, but inside where it's all about awareness and playing with quick decisions, he is special. Capers can do all kinds of creative, unpredictable things with Woodson taking complex inside coverage responsibilities. He had Brady's number a few weeks ago. Every QB we face from now until one of our key playmakers gets injured is going to be stifled by our defense.

Smidgeon
01-17-2011, 06:18 PM
You think when people look back in history they won't call it the 3-4 but instead the "Green Bay 2-4"?

wist43
01-18-2011, 06:14 AM
I agree, we have the playmakers... it's more a matter of what Capers does with them.

If Capers comes out aggressive, mixes his blitzes, and takes away the underneath stuff... then I think we control the game and win. If he comes out and pulls a stunt like he did last year in Arizona... we'll lose.

I'm hoping that Capers has learned his lesson. The talent is there, and we're only one game away from the SB... now is not the time to be timid, and play a vanilla 3-4.

Smeefers
01-18-2011, 07:55 AM
I don't really think there's a even a chance of us playing timid D.

No way this D would stand for that. There'd be a mutiny, the ghost of reggie white would descend from the heavens and slap Dom around for a minute, then proceed to take over his play calling responsibilities. Now, I have it on good sources that Mr. Capers is terrified of the ghost of Reggie White, so there's no way he'd put out a whimpy game plan.

I actually think this scenario is more likely than us coming out and playing blah D.

Little Whiskey
01-18-2011, 08:06 AM
I agree, we have the playmakers... it's more a matter of what Capers does with them.

If Capers comes out aggressive, mixes his blitzes, and takes away the underneath stuff... then I think we control the game and win. If he comes out and pulls a stunt like he did last year in Arizona... we'll lose.

I'm hoping that Capers has learned his lesson. The talent is there, and we're only one game away from the SB... now is not the time to be timid, and play a vanilla 3-4.

I don't think the packers blitzed much against eagles.

mraynrand
01-18-2011, 09:24 AM

Have to admit, last year when watching that game, all I could think about was what Dom did in '96 against GB in the Championship game. he mostly let Favre sit back there. I would have brought major pressure. Same with Cutler. One caution is that he has gotten better at getting the ball out quick, but the last game in Lambeau showed that even if his awareness is better, his accuracy in those hot reads is spotty. But he will complete some against pressure, so the d-backs better tackle well or it's 6 quick.

mraynrand
01-18-2011, 09:26 AM
I don't think the packers blitzed much against eagles.

That's a different QB - they were very concerned about Vick breaking contain and killing them with long runs. Still, the Packers also have to be careful about Cutler running - but at Lambeau they had Walden spying a bit, so I bet Dom has that covered.