PDA

View Full Version : Matty Ice, my ass!!

Iron Mike
01-16-2011, 10:00 AM
How'd that guy make the Pro Bowl over #12??

And John Abraham got Punk'd. That's all.......

Iron Mike
01-16-2011, 10:01 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81db5330/GameDay-Packers-vs-Falcons

RashanGary
01-16-2011, 10:22 AM
I agree. Just the name, "matty ice" is annoying as hell. And for all the flack Bob McGinn gave Rodgers for being a loser while Brett the winner was gone. . . Just annoying to see that douche annointed before even winning a playoff game.

rbaloha1
01-16-2011, 10:23 AM
System qb that gets flustered when things breakdown.

AR is far superior.

RashanGary
01-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Bob McGinn

Year 1: Rodgers put up decent stats, but all that really matters is winning games. (NEVER ONCE put in context the bottom ranked D and ST's)
Year 2: Rodgers did alright, but look who's still playing and who's going (NEVER ONCE put in context the fact that AR put up 45 freaking points in an amazing performance)
Year 3: Now the idiot has shut up, but he'll never retract his idiot remarks. He'll pretend like saw it all along.

Cheesehead Craig
01-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Both Ryan and Flacco get way more credit than they deserve, and have for several seasons now and keep getting mentioned with Rodgers as equals. I don't see there's anyone that believes that any longer.

RashanGary
01-16-2011, 10:30 AM
We could win a championship right now with a QB driven offense. We win and AR gets thrown immediately into the elite class. Brady/Manning are just at the end of their prime and AR just hit it. Next year, if he finishes this off, you'd have have an arguement AR is the best QB in the game.

vince
01-16-2011, 10:37 AM
You have that argument now. TEAMS win championships.

RashanGary
01-16-2011, 10:40 AM
You could be the best person at your job, but if the perception is you're not, the reality means nothing.

RashanGary
01-16-2011, 10:40 AM
AR won't be considered top dog until he wins a SB.

Joemailman
01-16-2011, 10:42 AM
A matchup between Brady and Rodgers in the Super Bowl could be the highest rated televised sporting event ever.

vince
01-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Let's stop the Aaron Rodgers silly talk now

ATLANTA -- The usual chatter has already emerged, reflecting a tired and clichéd story line for people who either don't trust their eyes or need a trip to their local Lens Crafters. It goes something like this: Aaron Rodgers silenced the critics Saturday night, putting himself in the upper echelon of NFL quarterbacks with a masterful performance in the Green Bay Packers' 48-21 rout of the Atlanta Falcons.

Come on.

Those of us who have been watching Rodgers play the past three seasons know he long ago ascended to those heights. If anything, this silly discussion of Rodgers' standing among his contemporaries will cloud the reality of what happened at the Georgia Dome.

If you want to debate whether or not Rodgers is now among an irrelevant grouping of the NFL's top quarterbacks, then go ahead. The larger point is this: Rodgers put the Packers within a game of the Super Bowl with one of the best postseason performances in a generation.

In leading the Packers to a rout of the NFC's top seed, Rodgers completed 31 of 36 passes for 366 yards. Some details:

He completed all 10 of his attempts on third down.

His 81.6 completion percentage ranks fifth-best in postseason history.

He is one of 15 quarterbacks to complete at least 31 passes and one of 21 to have thrown for at least 366 yards in a playoff game.

"Aaron was unbelievable and our whole offense was unbelievable," Packers defensive end Ryan Pickett said. "They're playing great at the right time of the year. They're clicking on all cylinders. That's going to make it tough for somebody to beat us."

More than anything, that's what I took from Saturday night's game. It doesn't matter to me whether or not Rodgers now stands on a mythical stage with Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and maybe Ben Roethlisberger. What's important is that Rodgers is providing the Packers both the opportunity and the bravado necessary to win the Super Bowl.

"When our big dog is rolling," said receiver Donald Driver, "the rest of us just roll behind. When he's playing the way he played tonight, no one can stop us. We know that now. We know it. ... We've got the swagger going now. We don't know where we're playing. But whoever we're playing, they better be ready."

We'll find out Sunday whether the Packers will play the Chicago Bears or the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Championship Game. Regardless of the opponent, the Packers know they have the single-most important ingredient to a championship team: An elite-level quarterback who has elevated his game at the time when it matters most.

Rodgers has a 134.3 passer rating in the 2010 postseason, having thrown six touchdowns and, according to ESPN Stats & Information, completing 33 of 38 passes against four or fewer pass rushers.

Against the Falcons, Rodgers led the Packers on four scoring drives of at least 80 yards, including two that answered early Atlanta touchdowns. He completed 11 of 12 passes that traveled at least 11 yards downfield, and by my count, he spun away from four potential sacks with mobility that continues to surprise opponents.

"He was on fire," coach Mike McCarthy said. Rodgers referred to it as a "special night" and added: "The way I prepare, the way our coaches prepare, we expect to play well. Maybe not this well. But it was one of those nights when, where things weren't working, when things weren't open, I was able to move in the pocket and avoid some of those free [blitzers] and make plays. So it was just a special night."

RODGERS RIDICULES STANDARD RUSH
Whoever plays the Packers in the NFC Championship Game should consider sending extra pass-rushers. Rodgers is a combined 33-for-38 with five passing touchdowns and one scramble for a touchdown when facing four or fewer pass-rushers in the playoffs this season.

Rodgers joked that he was able to use the eyes in the back of his head to evade a few of those blitzers, including Falcons sack leader John Abraham on two plays. But I think we can chalk it up to a quarterback finding the kind of elite zone that simply isn't reached that often, the kind that led Phil Simms to complete 22 of 25 passes for the New York Giants in Super Bowl XXI, or the one that led Joe Montana to take the San Francisco 49ers downfield for a game-winning pass to John Taylor in Super Bowl XXIII, for instance.

Rodgers said he thought the performance ranked "in the top three or four" of his career. He cited a game at Cal in which he completed 23 consecutive passes (a 2004 loss to USC), among others. Well, sorry. No college game compares with the pressure of starting in the NFL playoffs in the building of your conference's top seed.

In 18 of the past 20 seasons, the NFC's No. 1 seed has won in the division round. The league's seeding usually makes it a good bet, but the Packers are not the typical opponent a No. 1 seed faces in this round. You could poke some holes in their special teams, and perhaps in the consistency of their running game. During the regular season, their offense had some struggles.

But the team we saw Saturday night has every right to expect a Super Bowl championship. Moving through the post-game locker room, I heard several players marveling about Rodgers' final numbers, even those who have played next to him for multiple years.

"The man is awesome," Driver said.

"When he has time, it's almost like they can't stop us," said guard Josh Sitton.

"We're a championship-caliber football team," McCarthy said.

Without Rodgers, they wouldn't be.

That's what's important.

Joemailman
01-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Matty Ice is 2 playoff games: 46-69 385 yards 3 TD 4 INT 71.2 passer rating

Hmmm....

bobblehead
01-16-2011, 11:12 AM
In 3 playoff games #12 led the offense to 2 games totalling 45+ points. I'm not annointing him King or anything, but that was possibly the greatest playoff game I have ever witnessed a QB play. I hate it when people overstate things, so I am trying not to, but the simple fact that he did all that and never even came close to throwing a pick...DAYUM to quote a PR legend. (in his own mind).

Anyone besides me swear at the TV and mock Abrahams when he strapped on the belt after a sack while his team was down 2 TD's? Keep celebrating ass clown, maybe someday....but not today.

rbaloha1
01-16-2011, 11:16 AM
A matchup between Brady and Rodgers in the Super Bowl could be the highest rated televised sporting event ever.

Battle of the Bay Area qbs. BF backdrop. Big time ratings.

Tarlam!
01-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Just annoying to see that douche annointed before even winning a playoff game.

Ya didn't think long before writing this, JH....

Tony Oday
01-16-2011, 11:18 AM
http://assets.delvenetworks.com/NFL_football_video_streaming_online/?m=0fb5be951e054eb6b3ffc7a74c1e6bb1

Tarlam!
01-16-2011, 11:19 AM
AR won't be considered top dog until he wins a SB.

I dunno. People think very highly of Dan Marino, don't they?

Cheesehead Craig
01-16-2011, 11:21 AM
I dunno. People think very highly of Dan Marino, don't they?

I know Isotoner did.

sheepshead
01-16-2011, 11:22 AM
System qb that gets flustered when things breakdown.

AR is far superior.

*bingo*

Tarlam!
01-16-2011, 11:23 AM

Maybe American, as in USA sporting event ever. You seem to dismiss the fact that the game isn't widely regarded beyond your shores. You more or less lose the rest of the world because of the time it's played.

Now, Soccer as you call it is truly a world game, with a real world championship where the world sends teams every 4 years to crown the world champ. People get out of bed at very odd hours to watch that, even in the USA.

swede
01-16-2011, 06:34 PM
ARod needs to do a Sears commercial where he walks into the store and makes rapid fire decisions on what to buy while D-linemen crash into shit all around him, and then he walks out of the store with an entourage carrying his stuff, only stopping when he sees Brent still staring at the TV's.

AR: Make up your mind yet?

BF: Nope.

mission
01-16-2011, 06:42 PM
You could be the best person at your job, but if the perception is you're not, the reality means nothing.

Not true.

I'm hardly a golden boy at my company. Don't do anything I don't have to and no one will say I'm the best employee.

But I work in sales. And my sales numbers are bigger than everyone else's.

So the reality means my paychecks are bigger. And that means something. :)

HarveyWallbangers
01-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Maybe American, as in USA sporting event ever. You seem to dismiss the fact that the game isn't widely regarded beyond your shores. You more or less lose the rest of the world because of the time it's played.

Now, Soccer as you call it is truly a world game, with a real world championship where the world sends teams every 4 years to crown the world champ. People get out of bed at very odd hours to watch that, even in the USA.

I think he's talking about the good ole US of A.

denverYooper
01-16-2011, 11:39 PM

I would get out of bed at odd hours to watch the Packers.

wootah
01-17-2011, 02:50 AM

This is the burden of being a Euro Packerrat... How do the other Europeans handle it (mmmdk/Tarlam)? It pretty much sucks if kick-off time is Monday 2AM and you have a daytime job.

Tarlam!
01-17-2011, 03:05 AM
This is the burden of being a Euro Packerrat... How do the other Europeans handle it (mmmdk/Tarlam)? It pretty much sucks if kick-off time is Monday 2AM and you have a daytime job.

That's easy! You check the playing schedule when it comes out and you march into your boss' office bright and early in April and tell him you will be being sick on the following Mondays from mid September until latest mid February.

Tarlam!
01-17-2011, 03:06 AM

I actually do!

AtlPackFan
01-17-2011, 08:32 AM
I know Isotoner did.

And Nutrisystems! :-)

AtlPackFan
01-17-2011, 08:34 AM
ARod needs to do a Sears commercial where he walks into the store and makes rapid fire decisions on what to buy while D-linemen crash into shit all around him, and then he walks out of the store with an entourage carrying his stuff, only stopping when he sees Brent still staring at the TV's.

That would be hilarious. Throw 20mil at Bert and he might do it. :-)

mraynrand
01-17-2011, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't even let Jenn Sterger ice my ass.

MJZiggy
01-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Aaron Rodgers: Icebreaker.

mmmdk
01-17-2011, 01:13 PM

Tell me about it...check at what hour most of my posts are posted during the season. Thankfully my line of work aids me being able to sleep at odd hours.

mmmdk
01-17-2011, 03:20 PM

I work at hospital(s)...they never sleep either and you could say Packers is like a drug to me! :smile:

Smidgeon
01-17-2011, 05:47 PM

:D

Iron Mike
01-17-2011, 06:43 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f192/SlimK4_photos/28u1s21.gif