PDA

View Full Version : Who said it?

bobblehead
01-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Ok, I read McGinns column today on the insider where he basically says MM is finally talking the talk...sounding like a pittsburg tough guy and it reminded me of a quote, but I can't recall who said it. Was this MM back in '07, or was it something from earlier that I am remembering.

Regarding the Cowboys if I recall:

"I don't really care where we play them, we will play them in the parking lot in Dallas for all I care."

I hope some rat remembers it, because I thought it was a bad ass statement at the time, about a coach that truly believed in his team.

vince
01-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Yes I'm certain it was McCarthy, although I don't have a link.

I read that article too. I thought it was good overall, although I agree with what I think you're saying that this isn't a huge change in McCarthy.

Joemailman
01-16-2011, 11:46 AM
I believe he said it following the loss at Dallas in 2007, in reference to a question about the possibility that the Packers might have to play at Dallas in the playoffs.

BZnDallas
01-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Nov. 30 MM press confrence...

"I like our football team. I'll take this football team anywhere. I'm not concerned about what this game means, not at all. We'll play anybody, and I think we've proven that. I think we've proven that because of the way we play on the road. We'll play them in the parking lot, Dallas, Texas, it doesn't matter."

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Mike-McCarthy-Press-Conference-Transcript---Nov-30/9e8c42be-5aa4-11df-a3b6-528cc843f916

down towards the bottom of the article... question about how will this group respond to their first loss in awhile