PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious comments by Antrel Rolle

Guiness
01-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Rolle calls out his coach! Aw, he's no fun, Rex is more fun.

lol

http://andy-benoit.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/27126477

Posted by Will Brinson

Antrel Rolle probably should have thought about his choice before he signed with the New York Giants. For starters, he and the media in the Big Apple go well together, but only in the sense that he's always willing to offer up a ridiculous quote.

Like his most recent comment about his coach Tom Coughlin, who he called "too uptight."

"When you're talking about the coaching side of things, do I feel like things are a little too uptight? Yeah, I do," Rolle said on WQAM in Miami, via Mike Garafalo of the New Jersey Star-Ledger. “I feel like if he just loosened up just a little bit, still run the ship the way you want to run it, still run the program the way you want to run it but let us have a little fun, because at the end of the day that's what it's all about."

If this sounds familiar, well it should. Whenever the Giants (or Jaguars!) are/were losing, Coughlin is way too strict and mean and stuff. And whenever he wins, he's figured out a way to "cut loose." Or something.

Whether that's actually what's happening, or whether everyone's just in a better mood when a team is winning, well, that's getting harder to say. But the grass is always greener on the other side. Particularly when that proverbial grass is Rex Ryan and the AFC Championship-bound New York Jets.

Fortunately, fellow safety Kenny Phillips joined Rolle on the interview to chat about the other NY coach/team.

"I would love to play for a guy like Rex," Phillips said. "He goes to bat for his players. He'll take the blame, he allows you to be you. He's not asking you to hide. If you're a guy who likes to talk, go out and talk, long as you back it up. Like ‘trel said, His guys are playing for him and I'd love to be a part of that."

There's zero chance that this sits well with Coughlin (or owner John Mara, who's throwing his confidence behind his coach). And if you think Coughlin gets cheesed off about coaching in a place where he's constantly on the hot seat, well, his reaction to his players comparing him to Rex and calling him "too uptight" should do some wonderful things for the locker room chemistry.

Noodle
01-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh man, the NY media is going to run like heck with this thing. Too funny!

gbgary
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
trade him to cincy.

Fritz
01-18-2011, 04:14 PM
If I were Mara, I'd try to ship Rolle out to the NFL's shittiest franchise, some nowhereland. That used to be Detroit, but maybe not so much now that they won their last four in a row. Make an example out of the one guy, and the others might be quieter. But then again, aren't you supposed to make an example out of one of your least-talented players? Hmmm.

mraynrand
01-18-2011, 06:11 PM
he allows you to be you

For most people that would be an affirming, self-esteem-promoting sentiment. I'm not sure Phillips wants to be Phillips.