PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Clarett

Rastak
08-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Man, is this guy a Lawrence Phillips type loser? From Profootballtalk.com

MO-CLO BUSTED WITH "ARSENAL OF WEAPONS"

Former Broncos running back Maurice Clarett is working overtime to justify his recent inclusion in our All-Time All-Turd team.

Per NBC 4 in Columbus, Mo-Clo was busted at 3:00 a.m. Wednesday after a chase with the cops. He was Tasered and maced during the incident, in which police found an "arsenal of weapons" in his SUV.

Police spotted the SUV driving erratically on Interstate 70, and began to follow it. The vehicle eventually slammed into a cruiser outside of a restaurant before being stopped.

Clarett was wearing a bulletproof vest, and was Tasered after failing to cooperate with authorities. Among the weapons found were a loaded assault rifle and handgun. Police also recovered a hatchet and an open bottle of vodka.

Clarett is schedule to stand trial next Monday on charges of aggravated robbery, which arose from allegations that he mugged a guy for his cell phone on New Year's Day.

The real question, in our view, is where in the hell was Clarett going and what the hell was he planning to do? We hate to say it, but it sounds to us as if the police might have prevented Mo-Clo from showing up somewhere and firing one or more of those guns.

MadtownPacker
08-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Man, what a lowlife. He was swigging on the Smirnoff on his way to smoke somebody? Hahah, wonder what his Momma gots to say now?

CaliforniaCheez
08-09-2006, 07:13 AM
The police intervention probably stopped him from committing further crimes and getting into far more trouble than current circumstances.

Now what the _______ ________ ________ should we care about a guy who played one season of college football and could not even finish his first year in college because he stopped showing for class.

This guy did not finish one full season in college football, he never played a down in the NFL, never got a signing bonus, and was signed to a minor league indoor team for play next spring while awaiting trial for armed robbery.

The guy is a shimmering jewel of every negative stereotype.

He is a net loss to society and will be removed from it, having done far more harm than good. His life has no value since he will never contribute anything. End it now before he gets a lifetime of free housing, food, medical and dental care, utilities, cable television, reading material and excessive leisure time laying in bed.

This is the human debris that Bengal and Browns tax dollars support.

Rastak
08-09-2006, 07:19 AM
The police intervention probably stopped him from committing further crimes and getting into far more trouble than current circumstances.

Now what the _______ ________ ________ should we care about a guy who played one season of college football and could not even finish his first year in college because he stopped showing for class.

This guy did not finish one full season in college football, he never played a down in the NFL, never got a signing bonus, and was signed to a minor league indoor team for play next spring while awaiting trial for armed robbery.

The guy is a shimmering jewel of every negative stereotype.

He is a net loss to society and will be removed from it, having done far more harm than good. His life has no value since he will never contribute anything. End it now before he gets a lifetime of free housing, food, medical and dental care, utilities, cable television, reading material and excessive leisure time laying in bed.

This is the human debris that Bengal and Browns tax dollars support.

It's totally newsworthy because the guy challenged the NFL draft and exposed Mike Williams as an idiot for not waiting for the appeal and getting himself ineligible in the NCAA as the result. It's also relevent because he was a thrid round pick just a couple years ago. Now I agree we should care about the guy, it's become crystal clear to me he's either the worst sort of anti social asshole in the world or he's stark raving nuts ala Demetrius Underwood.

KYPack
08-09-2006, 08:35 AM
I dunno, maybe he should go back to football.

He's obviously no criminal genius!

MadtownPacker
08-09-2006, 08:39 AM
I dunno, maybe he should go back to football.

He's obviously no criminal genius!For real homie!! Hahaha, he was able to get drafted on the first day even after all that OSU mess but yet can't even catch a break on speeding tickets! Moron!

Reggie 92
08-09-2006, 10:00 AM
He's turned into another run-of-the-mill career criminal piece of shit. Nothing more, nothing less. He'll likely be dead by 30.

Reggie 92
08-09-2006, 10:13 AM
California Cheez wrote:

End it now before he gets a lifetime of free housing, food, medical and dental care, utilities, cable television, reading material and excessive leisure time laying in bed.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

I couldn't agree more. He'll likely sit in prison for a while (he's looking at multiple felonies according to the article), become even more of a shitbag, and continue to take, take, take from society. I work, at minimum, 50 hours/week and I'm sick of tired of giving people free rides (including feeding and housing them in prisons). I support due process but I think capital punishment should be incorporated for criminals that commit sustained levels of violent crime, firearm violations, and overall criminality. But, I do realize my view is somewhat extreme by societal standards but it seems like common sense IMO.

cpk1994
08-09-2006, 10:46 AM
I say if Clarett wants to shoot somebody so bad send him to Iraq.

Partial
08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
anybody hear the steve czaban bit on this matter this morning? Hilarious! Evidentally as a Bronco he would keep a water bottle with him at all times that no one could touch. When he drank it one day, he left practice telling players and friends he had to go get his "goose on". This idiot practiced drunk. Hilarious!!

What a moron... opts for the incentive salary instead of a gauranteed bonus and now he is left with nothing! moron!!

woodbuck27
08-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Maurice Clarett = Anti-Social Personality Disorder ( a very troubled young man) on his way to BIG HARD TIME !!

What a shame - what a waste of a life!! His poor Mother. :sad:

Rastak
08-09-2006, 11:22 AM
I say if Clarett wants to shoot somebody so bad send him to Iraq.

HEY, that ain't a bad thought.....

red
08-09-2006, 11:31 AM
the cops are lucky they got him when they did. he doesn't just sound like he was going to "smoke" someone. with as much fire power he had it sounds like he was planning on climbing a clock tower and going ape shit on everyone

the guy needs to go away for life, he shouldn't be a part of society anymore

justanotherpackfan
08-09-2006, 11:54 AM
The real question, in our view, is where in the hell was Clarett going and what the hell was he planning to do? We hate to say it, but it sounds to us as if the police might have prevented Mo-Clo from showing up somewhere and firing one or more of those guns.
Maybe he was going to meet up with Chris Henry.

red
08-09-2006, 12:29 PM
OH OH I got one

maybe he was on his way to cinci to have a tryout with the bengals

zing!!!!!!!!!!

Astonishment
08-09-2006, 02:17 PM
muma always says...

...stupid is as Maurice Clarett does.

BallHawk
08-09-2006, 02:22 PM
OH OH I got one

zing!!!!!!!!!!

That's rich.

Lare
08-09-2006, 03:50 PM
OH OH I got one

zing!!!!!!!!!!

Don't laugh, they may still sign him.

Scott Campbell
08-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Clarrett made me feel better about Shermy taking BJ in the 3rd. But not much better.

Rastak
08-09-2006, 07:43 PM
OH OH I got one

zing!!!!!!!!!!

That's rich.

That's outstanding! I like PFT.com saying the Marvin Lewis handed out "Innocent until proven guilty" t shirts to the team....LOL

gbgary
08-09-2006, 09:13 PM
BUSTED WITH "ARSENAL OF WEAPONS"

what a wheels-off freak he's turned out to be.

Guiness
08-10-2006, 04:55 AM
What was his contract again? Did he really get no signing bonus at all?

Can you imagine the conversation the RB coach and Shanahan must've had about the 3rd day of TC

-Uh, Mike, I think you better come over here and have a look at this. It's that Clarett kid. I think we better get him out of here.

When was the last time someone drafted that high didn't even make it through camp? D. Underwood made it to the season, didn't he?

Rastak
08-10-2006, 06:40 AM
What was his contract again? Did he really get no signing bonus at all?

Can you imagine the conversation the RB coach and Shanahan must've had about the 3rd day of TC

-Uh, Mike, I think you better come over here and have a look at this. It's that Clarett kid. I think we better get him out of here.

When was the last time someone drafted that high didn't even make it through camp? D. Underwood made it to the season, didn't he?

Underwood made it through one freaking practice. He practiced showered and drove away. When the Vikings found him I don't know how coherent he was but they were lucky to get their signing bonus back.

woodbuck27
08-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Maurice Clarett was a major story on the Sporting News up here - video police statements , his lawyer's statement the whole nine yards. He wasn't driving a white bronco.

Maurice Clarett looked really stressed out.

His lawyer is claiming, that he needed the guns against death threats from several people that will soon be identified. Four guns including an assault rifle were surprisingly discovered in his vehicle.

The police were fortunate, as he didn't roll over when they finally stopped him, after an about - 4 mile chase. He resisted several officers trying to cuff him and further still not even going to the ground when hit with a tazar gun. It took a few shots of mace to seduce him.

Wondering what his drug of choice was that night? He looked very wild.

He will tame down behind bars, because thats where he went of course and he'll be there for a very long time. Just one of the weapons charges carries up to a 20 year sentence.

Wow! How did it get that bad?

Oh ! The reporter said:

People are beginning to wonder if Maurice Clarett is psychologically disturbed? Dear Gaud.

woodbuck27
08-10-2006, 01:52 PM
POSTED 11:47 a.m. EDT, August 10, 2006 (Fr. PFT)

MO-CLO "GET OUT OF JAIL" CARD COSTS $6.1 MILLION

If former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett had played a full four seasons in college, he might have been cashing a multi-million-dollar check right now.

Instead, it'll take a multi-million-dollar payment to make him a free man.

On Thursday, a judge set Clarett's bond on weapons charges at $5 million. On Wednesday, Clarett's bail as to unrelated charges of armed robbery was raised to $1.1 million.

"We feel he's a threat to the community," assistant Franklin County prosecutor Chris Brown said of Clarett, who was busted with multiple loaded guns and a hatchet, while wearing a bulletproof vest.

Clarett's attorney disagrees, presumably with a straight face. "We're very confident that there was no intent to harm anyone," said Nick Mango. (Surely, that isn't the dude's real name.)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/NickMango.jpg

(Mo-Clo's lawyer tries to put a spell on the judge.)

woodbuck27
08-10-2006, 02:04 PM
POSTED 9:11 a.m. EDT, August 10, 2006 (Fr. PFT)

MO-CLO CRACKS UP

http://www.wkyc.com/assetpool/images/0621013620_CLARETT-VOlg.jpg

There's a great item this morning on ESPN.com from Tom Friend regarding the unraveling of Maurice Clarett's football career and, by all appearances, his life.

Clarett was busted Wednesday morning in an SUV with loaded guns, a hatchet, and an open bottle of vodka. He eluded police, smashed into a cruiser, was wearing a bulletproof vest, and was Tasered and maced.

Friend writes that he received (** a bizarre phone call from Clarett) hours before the incident. More compelling, in our view, is Friend's chronicle of Clarett's pre-draft training and his experiences with the Broncos in 2005.

After reading the full article, we're now officially amazed that the Broncos burned a third-round pick on Clarett, given the information that surely was available with only a modest investment of time and/or effort. In late 2004, Clarett was living large (figuratively and, at 256 pounds, literally) in L.A. and then in Phoenix. His training routine was a joke. Friend reports that Clarett decided to pursue steroids to help get him into shape (although it's unclear whether Clarett ever used them).

Friend also reports on rumors that we'd heard last year regarding Clarett's brief time with the Broncos, which rumors we coincidentally mentioned on a PFT PodCast recorded from late Wednesday into early Thursday morning.

Specifically, we'd heard that Clarett consistently had been swigging Grey Goose from a water bottle in the team's facility. We wouldn't use it at the time without someone going on the record given the potentially explosive nature of the revelation, which would have been made at a time when Clarett had yet to implode. (Eventually, Jason Cole -- then of the Miami Herald -- reported that Clarett had been found in the training room with alcohol.)

As Friend reports: "He would take that water bottle everywhere, including the Bronco weight room, and the team started getting suspicious when, before minicamp practices, he'd grab the bottle and say, 'I gotta get my Goose on.' It wasn't a joke; the Bronco players were convinced he was chugging Grey Goose."

We'd even heard that quote -- "I gotta get my Goose on."

Friend also reports on other facts from Clarett's cup of Irish coffee with the Broncos, including allegations of inappropriate sexual statements made at a hotel (we'd heard that one, too) and an effort to get the team's trainer fired (we hadn't heard that one).

At the time, we also heard that a veteran running back on the team had approached Clarett and offered to help him get acclimated to the NFL, and Clarett basically told him to f--k off.

The one issue that Friend's otherwise excellent piece doesn't address specifically is Clarett's objective in driving on Interstate 70 at 3:00 a.m. with loaded guns and a bulletproof vest. Friend suggests that the rap industry folks who had bankrolled Mo-Clo's 2004-05 West Coast tour might have been coming after him for money. But there are published reports that Clarett's arrest ( *** came near the home of a witness ) scheduled to testify against him next week in a trial resulting from charges that he robbed a guy at gunpoint on New Year's Day.

Also, Clarett's bond on the new charges has been raised to $1.1 million. And that means he won't be "getting his Goose on" anytime soon.

Then again, maybe he will. But, in prison, that phrase has a slightly different meaning.

** Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2545078

*** Link:

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=55429

woodbuck27
08-11-2006, 12:28 PM
HAWK REFLECTS ON COLLEGE TEAMMATE'S TROUBLES

By CHRIS JENKINS
Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. - A.J. Hawk and Maurice Clarett were two freshmen brimming with talent when they arrived at Ohio State in 2002. A few months later, they were national champions. Today, Hawk is on his way to becoming the next big star for the Green Bay Packers. Clarett is in jail. After hearing reports of a police chase, loaded guns and pepper spray, Hawk can only shake his head at the way a former teammate squandered his talent. After watching Clarett dominate college football for the Buckeyes, could Hawk ever have imagined that things would turn out like this?

"No," Hawk said.

"Anyone that had been there his freshman year in that stadium, I mean, he was everything. To everybody. From game one. People chanted his name the whole time, and he had a great year."

Clarett was the toast of college football after scoring a touchdown in the second overtime of the Fiesta Bowl against Miami to clinch the 2002 national championship for Ohio State. Since then, his life has become a mess.

"He was a great running back - great vision, size, speed, everything," Hawk said.

"It's unfortunate when something like that happens to someone, that many instances that he had off the field that caused all these problems for him."

Clarett was arrested early Wednesday morning after police tried to pull him over for driving erratically. Police say they eventually stopped Clarett's SUV by spiking his tires, then tried to subdue him with a stun gun - but it didn't work because he was wearing a bulletproof vest, so they used pepper spray. He allegedly had four loaded guns in the SUV. Clarett was charged with carrying a concealed weapon on Thursday, and bond was set at $5 million.