PDA

View Full Version : Sportsnation poll

Jimx29
01-19-2011, 06:00 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2wqzvxt.jpg

RashanGary
01-19-2011, 06:17 PM
You thinkin bout changing your signature, Numb?

Jimx29
01-19-2011, 06:33 PM

Why? Has there been a new math introduced that i'm not aware of? :p

Besides that, joemailmans siggy will pacify those who don't care for mine ;)

Iron Mike
01-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Even the oceans are Packer fans.....

mraynrand
01-19-2011, 06:58 PM
GO, PACK, GO!
http://photos.igougo.com/images/p313719-Coffs_Harbour-The_Porpoise_Pool_2.jpg

red
01-19-2011, 07:33 PM
holy shit, the whole freaking country except those except those with teams still in it and the state that doesn't even have the interweb yet (west virginia)

guess its not just the cool aid we're been drinking

Joemailman
01-19-2011, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the inspiration!:cow:

RashanGary
01-19-2011, 07:45 PM

Well, those are true words but they suggest that Ted Thompson was doing a poor job. The general consensus among Packer fans is that Mike Sherman had borrowed from Peter to pay Paul and we eventually reached a point where we had to pay both Peter and Paul at the same time (age and cap issues). So we have 4-12. 8-8 shows we're stepping from the depths of NFL suckiness and 13-3 shows we're on the right track. Then AR takes over. We have a lul on defense with Corey Williams and KGB key contributors on the DL gone. The ST's has an awful year and AR is good but has a few holes in his game still. But there are signs of a lot of great young talent and AR shows a ton of promise to be great one day.

I think the General consensus when you wrote that was that the Packers were on the verge of something great. You on the other hand seemed to suggest it is what it is. You didn't really show the pattern of getting better. You called it a history of poor results.

In hindsight do you think it could be more accurately seen as a pattern of getting better from a down spell rather than just a history of matter-a-fact poor results?

Joemailman
01-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Poll on who will win NFC Championship:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=pollindex&pollId=105430

SkinBasket
01-19-2011, 09:45 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=pollindex&pollId=105430

Indiana is still a state?

Zool
01-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Numb if you change your sig before the season is over.....well just don't.

Smidgeon
01-20-2011, 01:38 AM
holy shit, the whole freaking country except those except those with teams still in it and the state that doesn't even have the interweb yet (west virginia)

guess its not just the cool aid we're been drinking

Well, technically New Jersey voted for the Packers...

Smidgeon
01-20-2011, 01:39 AM

I think it's funny that nobody--including Illinois--thinks the Bears will win handily.

Gunakor
01-20-2011, 04:48 AM
I doubt either team wins handily. It's the #2 scoring defense against the #4 scoring defense. Forget winning by 2 TD's, I'm skeptical of either team even scoring 2 TD's. 10 points could easily win this game too.

HarveyWallbangers
01-20-2011, 12:06 PM
I doubt either team wins handily. It's the #2 scoring defense against the #4 scoring defense. Forget winning by 2 TD's, I'm skeptical of either team even scoring 2 TD's. 10 points could easily win this game too.

Saw you on JSO with this comment. It's always fun to "see" a Packer Rat elsewhere.

Gunakor - Jan 20, 2011 4:34 AMĀ» Report abuse 00
Michael Turner was the unstoppable force, and he managed 34 yards rushing against us in the biggest game of his career.

I guess that makes our defensive line the immovable object. And thus, the riddle is solved. THANKSTED.

mraynrand
01-20-2011, 12:20 PM

Actually it's the #2 scoring defense against the #21 scoring offense and the #4 defense against the #10 scoring offense. GB with +10, chicago +4 in TOs. Based on that, GB has the advantage. But then you have the special teams wild card, the rivalry card, the crowd noise card, the cow pasture card...

Gunakor
01-20-2011, 12:32 PM
Saw you on JSO with this comment. It's always fun to "see" a Packer Rat elsewhere.

To put my quote into context for anybody here who hasn't seen that particular article:

The article was one to point out that the Packers have the heaviest 3-4 defensive line in the NFL, something the guys are especially proud of. Pickett, Raji, and Green across the line total over 1000 pounds. Cant run between the tackles at that. Isn't gonna happen.

So the question was posed where we were to think of a cool little nickname for our defensive line as a group. You know, like the "Williams Wall" in Minnesota, or something like that. I thought it was the perfect answer.

Tarlam!
01-20-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't like this confidence at all. Is this setting up for a trap game?

wist43
01-20-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't like this confidence at all. Is this setting up for a trap game?

Playing Miami midseason is a "trap game"... this is the NFC Championship Game - pretty sure no one at 1265 is overlooking this one :)