PDA

View Full Version : BJ "The Freezer" Raji - SoundFX vs ATL

mission
01-19-2011, 10:40 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/09000d5d81dcbdf0/Sound-FX-Packers-vs-Falcons

Good stuff right here. Raji seems really into the game...love hearing him talk about Rodgers.

Freak Out
01-19-2011, 10:56 PM
That is AWESOME!

"The Freezer" ha ha ha......

green_bowl_packer
01-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Just heard on the radio that Raji's 6.5 sacks are the most by a nose tackle since 1990.

RashanGary
01-20-2011, 07:05 AM
That was cool. If Raj stays healthy he'll be a Packer legend. I like him blocking like that too. He's low, athletic and huge.

Kiwon
01-20-2011, 08:26 AM
Good stuff. I really like the confidence on the sidelines.

Noodle
01-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Cracked me up -- he says "cover the damn kick" right before Weems takes it to the house. BJ has as much faith in our cover teams as we do.

denverYooper
01-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Good stuff. I really like the confidence on the sidelines.

And the enthusiasm.

bobblehead
01-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Any chance we blow them out and get yet one more instance of payback this season by letting Raji actually SCORE a junk TD? Maybe bears fans can get a taste of their own medicine.

swede
01-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Any chance we blow them out and get yet one more instance of payback this season by letting Raji actually SCORE a junk TD? Maybe bears fans can get a taste of their own medicine.

Ooh! This!

Little Whiskey
01-20-2011, 12:21 PM

as long as one of their players doesn't dump rodgers on his head after a pick and put him out for the rest of the season

mraynrand
01-20-2011, 12:25 PM

I doubt it. I'll be happy with a win any way they can get it. I think this is going to be a brutal game.

Tarlam!
01-20-2011, 12:29 PM
That is so cool. No big headedness, just confidence and TEAM first. I love this shit.

Oh yeah; What Swede said.

TennesseePackerBacker
01-20-2011, 01:18 PM
This was an absolutely amazing game to be at. It was by far the best sporting event experience I've ever had. I had planned to do an entire write-up about my trip but two things have kept me from that. One, I've had a lot on my plate lately. And, quite frankly, my subpar writing mixed with my eneabriated recollection of the events was bound to be a disaster.

I'll just list a couple of the highlights for me:

On the Packers first drive the Atlanta fans were the loudest I've ever heard at a game. I've been to Lambeau, Neyland, and the Horseshoe, and nothing compared. They broke the 115 decible level they were trying to reach with a 117.8.

While they are noisy, most are fair-weather fans at best. We sat on the Packers sideline on the 43 yard line 30 rows up. Needless to say we were surrounded by Falcons season ticket holders and a small contingent of Packers faithful. By the time the score was 35-14 a lot of the Falcons fans were already headed for the door. On a cool side note, Coach McCarthy's personal seats for the game were 2 rows in front of us. The older lady who sat in one of these seats said her daughter is best friends with McCarthy's wife. Small world.

When Weems returned that kick, the place was absolutely electric. I swear I felt the stadium shake.

When Tramon returned the pick, the place was deathly silent. You would have thought they were holding a memorial service in there. Well, except for the Packer faithful, we were downright ecstatic. This might have been one of the best live plays I have ever seen. You could actually feel the collective heart of the Georgia Dome drop. Momentum in football is an amazing thing.

At halftime, the dome was filled with chants of "Go Pack Go" and "Bring on the Bears". To say the visiting fans were confident at that moment would be an understatement.

They quit selling beers at halftime; I sobbered up.

The last two quarters were more of the same. Packers fans celebrating. Falcons fans sulking. By the end of the game, there was a ring of Cheeseheads around the bottom couple of rows of almost every section. It was impressive to say the least. The complete sea of red and black the stadium had been at the start of the game made this even more impressive. Just from my own rough estimate, I have to guess Packers fans were outnumbered atleast 8 to 1.

Overall, this was an amazing experience. After the game I had been told that you could actually hear the "Go Pack Go" and "Kuuuuuhn" chants. It makes me smile to think I was a part of those cheers. A road warrior in hostile territory.

mmmdk
01-20-2011, 01:42 PM
That was cool. If Raj stays healthy he'll be a Packer legend. I like him blocking like that too. He's low, athletic and huge.

Rodgers & Clay are super stars but BJ is paramount to the Packers super bowl win.

Little Whiskey
01-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Overall, this was an amazing experience. After the game I had been told that you could actually hear the "Go Pack Go" and "Kuuuuuhn" chants. It makes me smile to think I was a part of those cheers. A road warrior in hostile territory.

Listening to Chicago radio this week, they are begging bear fans not to sell their tickets to packer fans. they don't want to hear kuuuuuuuhn during the game like atlanta!

mission
01-20-2011, 02:00 PM

This really angered me!! They stopped after the third 1/4 in the first game which is what I was planning for. Luckily, I got 5 beers for my wife and I midway through the second. They got pretty warm in the third though.

Glad you had an awesome time! It's something we'll never forget as well. Awesome experience for me walking out of the stadium and seeing the few Falcons fans experiencing what I went through the first time around -- probably worse.

Little Whiskey
01-20-2011, 02:06 PM
they just decide when to stop selling beer? its not a consistant thing? WTF?! Georga sucks

mission
01-20-2011, 02:12 PM
they just decide when to stop selling beer? its not a consistant thing? WTF?! Georga sucks

well you can't buy alcohol on sunday's so that just sucks in general. i think maybe they didn't want falcons fans killing themselves or anyone else.

there was an incident when i was in the bathroom with a completely plastered falcons fan tried to grab a packers fan who was just minding his own business and was like "you got a fucking problem". security came in a short time after and took him away -- then they stopped serving!?

Tarlam!
01-20-2011, 02:30 PM
I sobbered up.

Yeah right! :)

Little Whiskey
01-20-2011, 02:39 PM
just because one fight breaks out they stop serving beer?

mission
01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
just because one fight breaks out they stop serving beer?

Well I can only be in one bathroom at a time so maybe other shit was going down elsewhere.

It was straight chaos/shock for Falcons fans at halftime. Still stupid, I agree.

Little Whiskey
01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
maybe it was a flash mob bathroom fight?

Noodle
01-20-2011, 03:19 PM
"One little fight" you say? Well, Ft. Sumter was just "one little shelling," and look what that led to.

I'm a Southerner, I know -- you either cut the booze, or you get ready for a serious throw down. There ain't no in-between when it comes to honor.

On a serious note, I love the reports of TPB and Mission about the game-day experience. I can't imagine what 117 dB felt like, and it makes the Pack's refusal to quit even more impressive.

Little Whiskey
01-20-2011, 03:27 PM
on little snow flurry shut their asses down for a week!

mission
01-20-2011, 03:33 PM
"One little fight" you say? Well, Ft. Sumter was just "one little shelling," and look what that led to.

I'm a Southerner, I know -- you either cut the booze, or you get ready for a serious throw down. There ain't no in-between when it comes to honor.

On a serious note, I love the reports of TPB and Mission about the game-day experience. I can't imagine what 117 dB felt like, and it makes the Pack's refusal to quit even more impressive.

Before the game we debated taking our 7 month old son with us like we had for so many Braves games but decided it wouldn't be good with all the (anticipated) drinking and "it might be a bit too loud in there". Turned out it was insanely loud for a bit. So much that I was even laughing -- almost deliriously -- to myself "holy shit i think my brain is rattling around". Very surreal. Never experienced anything like it.

People were obnoxiously screaming stuff like "THIS AINT PHILLY" over and over again when Starks got shut down early. Then Tramon got his first INT and I tapped the guy on the shoulder and told him it reminded me a lot of Philly with a smile. ;)

bobblehead
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
as long as one of their players doesn't dump rodgers on his head after a pick and put him out for the rest of the season

Ahhhh....good memories. thank you for that.

Joemailman
01-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Pretty interesting that Smith originally was going to kick the 53 yard field goal rather than try another pass. Oops. He said something like "We kick the field goal now...right?"

Noodle
01-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah, Joe, I caught that too. You think he's kicking himself much about agreeing to take one more shot?

Coaching sucks. It wasn't an objectively bad decision to try to get a little closer, as long as his QB executes. Instead, Tramon executes the Falcons.

Tarlam!
01-20-2011, 10:10 PM
People were obnoxiously screaming stuff like "THIS AINT PHILLY" over and over again when Starks got shut down early. Then Tramon got his first INT and I tapped the guy on the shoulder and told him it reminded me a lot of Philly with a smile. ;)

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just became my hero!

CaptainKickass
01-20-2011, 10:30 PM
I love the reports of TPB and Mission about the game-day experience.

It seems a lot more real when it comes directly from a fan who attended the game than from a "professional" sports writer who is paid to write a recap. I read all of the 'Rats game stories.

Gunakor
01-21-2011, 12:48 AM

LOL, that's awesome!

That guy probably wishes it was Philly. Philly made it a game until the end, at least. Project 115 was over at halftime.

wootah
01-21-2011, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the write-up, guys!

Iron Mike
01-21-2011, 07:11 AM
http://c1.cleantechnica.com/files/2008/07/p1_fridge2_si.jpg

Little Whiskey
01-21-2011, 03:27 PM
http://c1.cleantechnica.com/files/2008/07/p1_fridge2_si.jpg

maybe the packers sign him for one game this weekend and let him run up the middle when up by 14! that would be a kick in the bears balls!

mraynrand
01-21-2011, 03:36 PM

Well, not completely...

Thanks for the write up of your experiences. It was fun to read. Sounds like you had a much better time than I had at Philly in fall, 2004!

bobblehead
01-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah, Joe, I caught that too. You think he's kicking himself much about agreeing to take one more shot?

Coaching sucks. It wasn't an objectively bad decision to try to get a little closer, as long as his QB executes. Instead, Tramon executes the Falcons.

I said at the time, and immediately following the game. The coach absolutely BLEW CHUNKS on that call. he put his QB in a position to fail. Everyone in the stands, watching on TV and passed out drunk knew Ryan had to throw a sideline route in that situation and every DB on the team was sitting on it. He had virtually no chance of completing it, but every chance that what happened might happen. Inexcusable.

Brandon494
01-21-2011, 04:07 PM
I never want to hear any bashing about TT selecting Justin Harrell again after last years draft of Raji and Matthews.

mraynrand
01-21-2011, 04:09 PM
I never want to hear any bashing about TT selecting Justin Harrell again after last years draft of Raji and Matthews.

You can stop logging on anytime you want. :rs:

TennesseePackerBacker
01-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Well, not completely...

Thanks for the write up of your experiences. It was fun to read. Sounds like you had a much better time than I had at Philly in fall, 2004!

Haha, just saw that. On a side note, I was told by someone working that they weren't selling beer after halftime because it was a "late" game. I suspect it was because the Falcons were getting their brains beat in. I was actually in line for 10 minutes before they cut the line off at an Atlanta fan, completely screwing myself and another Packers fan.

And for any of you planning to make a late night trip through Georgia, buy beer early! They quit selling at 11:45. Completely ridiculous.

mraynrand
01-21-2011, 05:43 PM
And for any of you planning to make a late night trip through Georgia, buy beer early! They quit selling at 11:45. Completely ridiculous.
You travel without your own beer? Completely ridiculous.