PDA

View Full Version : Great Sports Town

HowardRoark
01-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Evidently the Viking fans are so bitter that the Packers are playing the Bears that they have pouted and stomped their feet into forcing KFAN to NOT play the Westwood One feed this Sunday on the radio. They are going to play an old tape of one of the Viking losses in place of the game.

I heard this on KFAN today and was sure it was a joke, but from what I understand this is really happening.

http://kfan.com/pages/stream/player.html?redir=yes

swede
01-20-2011, 04:25 PM
The Viking fans should write for the Onion. That's good stuff.

billy_oliver880
01-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Just pretend like its not happening? Well don't they want to know what a real football team plays like?

Freak Out
01-20-2011, 04:49 PM
No fucking way....I mean really.....this has got to be BS.

HarveyWallbangers
01-20-2011, 07:11 PM
It was a joke. A bunch of Viking fans complained about all of the Packers-Bears talk on KFAN this week, so Dan Barreiro decided to have some humor at their expense. He announced the game would no longer be played on KFAN.

pasquale
01-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Although this is kinda funny, Barreiro is still a huge d-bag

pbmax
01-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Although this is kinda funny, Barreiro is still a huge d-bag

I've only ever heard him with Patrick and Kornheiser on the national shows and he seems smart, if a little dismissive. What he like on his local show?

pasquale
01-20-2011, 07:36 PM
He's very smart, but he seldom talks about sports. He's also very whiny and bitches a lot about current news issues, which is fine, but I tune into a sports station for SPORTS. KFAN has some really shitty shows for your typical commute times, and god forbid they discuss any national sports stories.

I also don't give the station much chance, since I use my phone to listen to GB/Milwaukee sports stations, but it seems every time I tune it it's not really about sports at all. Any other rats in the twin cities feel this way?

superfan
01-20-2011, 07:48 PM
He's very smart, but he seldom talks about sports. He's also very whiny and bitches a lot about current news issues, which is fine, but I tune into a sports station for SPORTS. KFAN has some really shitty shows for your typical commute times, and god forbid they discuss any national sports stories.

I also don't give the station much chance, since I use my phone to listen to GB/Milwaukee sports stations, but it seems every time I tune it it's not really about sports at all. Any other rats in the twin cities feel this way?

Agree completely, and I prefer Barreiro over some of the others on the station, which isn't saying much for them.

Today is an excellent example. I saw this thread prior to leaving the office and figured I'd tune in to the FAN to see if there was any truth to it. All I got was about 20 minutes discussing something about Martin Luther King and dog parks. Gave up and switched to 1500ESPN. Been listening to that more lately, not great but at least they talk about sports. Former Barreiro sidekick "Mr. Phun" is on 1500 at the same time, and I like him more than Barreiro.

HowardRoark
01-20-2011, 07:52 PM

Yes.

P.A. is the only guy who really is a sports guy, but he is on at a time that is tough for most people to listen.

The morning guys are O.K., but once again really don’t do their job well at all. I remember a few years ago the Monday after the Masters that Tiger drained that ridiculous putt the curved about three different ways……..they didn’t even realize that the Masters was played the day prior.

Honestly, I agree with most of the fans up here about KFAN. Dan B. is negative about everything and is outright rude about the local teams unless a team is at the top of their game.

Absolutely NO college reporting at all; this will continue to help the Badgers recruit up here. As a college football fan, it would be nice to once and a while hear about what’s going on with college sports while sitting in traffic.

pasquale
01-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Absolutely NO college reporting at all; this will continue to help the Badgers recruit up here. As a college football fan, it would be nice to once and a while hear about what’s going on with college sports while sitting in traffic.

A few of my coworkers actually want the Vikings to move to get more attention on the Gophers. A lot of them are pretty diehard Gopher fans actually (at least who I work with), and I give them credit since they've been so terrible.