PDA

View Full Version : FEEL GOOD PREDICTION..NEARLY ALWAYS WRONG GUY PICKS DA BEARS

Bretsky
01-21-2011, 08:59 AM
I feel better now

Obama picked the Bears to win 20-17

Dude is hardly ever right about anything; this could make the odds 95-5 we win

bobblehead
01-21-2011, 09:24 AM
I feel better now

My algebra teacher would be upset by this. Learn to reduce your fractions. Its 19-1

mraynrand
01-21-2011, 09:25 AM
My algebra teacher would be upset by this. Learn to reduce your fractions. Its 19-1

You're still taking algebra?

swede
01-21-2011, 09:37 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that this kind of humor goes unappreciated on the home front.

mraynrand
01-21-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that this kind of humor goes unappreciated on the home front.

Probably. He didn't write "My old algebra teacher" or "My high school algebra teacher" - It sounded so recent. Oh, well - here comes another warning from Joe....

mission
01-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Wasn't Obama 0-4 in his Final Four picks and then predicted the final wrong once they knew the two teams?

I feel good about that. :)

Some nutcase on louder's forum thinks there's a national conspiracy to have the bears in the SB because Obama wants it and Rooney is such a big Obama supporter that it will be Steelers / Bears. LOL

mraynrand
01-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Rooney!

http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/ferris_bueller_s_day_off/jeffrey_jones/ferris1.jpg

swede
01-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Probably. He didn't write "My old algebra teacher" or "My high school algebra teacher" - It sounded so recent. Oh, well - here comes another warning from Joe....

Oh I didn't mean this home front. Joe's bar isn't set that low. (Hee hee..."Joe's Bar") And I was certainly clear on the fact that Bobble might have said, "My algebra teacher would have..."

I am just saying from my own experience with my own family--that home front-- that when I make a procedural objection to a statement made by someone else in my family, an objection brought about because that statement lacks a certain precision in tense, my perfect mix of irony and steely defense of the English language against fuzzy thought never gets the appreciation it deserves from my spouse and my grown children.

Go figure.

mraynrand
01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
My, like, kids, uh, uh, like really like my grammatical like, corrections. Like, not so much.

Willard
01-21-2011, 11:03 AM
I feel better now

Too bad that World Cup predicting octopus bit the dust. It would be interesting to get his/her take. Oh well.

Patler
01-21-2011, 11:13 AM
My, like, kids, uh, uh, like really like my grammatical like, corrections. Like, not so much.

Dude!

Or more accurate, "Doooood!" I understand this to mean, alternatively, "Hello", "Good bye", "I agree", "Yes", "Excuse me" "You fool (dummy, idiot, ass, jerk, etc.)", or just about any other salutation, admonition, statement of concurrence or disagreement that you want it to. A very handy verbal tool!

gbgary
01-21-2011, 11:14 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

hoosier
01-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Too bad that World Cup predicting octopus bit the dust. It would be interesting to get his/her take. Oh well.

I don't think Paul the octopus did American football. He probably would've refused to eat at all if asked to pick a winner. Not to hijack this thread, but I had no idea that octopuses life spans were so short. I would have guessed they were more like turtles, living 80 years. Hell, even your average carp lives 40-50 years. Why do the octopi have to die so young?

gbgary
01-21-2011, 11:44 AM
24-13 PACKERS

Pugger
01-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Skip Clueless on BSPN picked the Bears too. He thinks Cutlet is a better QB than Rodgers! :eyes: Colin Cowherd thinks ROMO :shock: is a better QB than Rodgers! :whaa:

bobblehead
01-21-2011, 02:28 PM

Yep, just finished reducing fractions so I have to show off.

Fritz
01-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I feel better now

The only person whose pick-against-the-Packers matters is yours, Bretsky. When are you going to unveil your pungent prognostication?

bobblehead
01-21-2011, 02:29 PM

Hope not since I was the target and I thought it was funny.

mraynrand
01-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Yep, just finished reducing fractions so I have to show off.

:lol:

mraynrand
01-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Why do the octopi have to die so young?

Because I like them with Merlot and NY strip steak. (Now if Bigguns were still here, he'd give me a two page lecture on how I was drinking the wrong wine and the wrong steak with the wrong appetizer. He would probably then criticize the incorrect use of the word appetizer.)

Brandon494
01-21-2011, 03:57 PM
You mean a guy who lived in Chicago, Illinois before he was elected President thinks the Bears are going to win? What a shocker!

Anyway a few guys who always pick wrong who think the Bears are going to win are Collin Cowherd, Skip Bayless, and Mike Golic.

mraynrand
01-21-2011, 04:10 PM
You mean a guy who lived in Chicago, Illinois before he was elected President thinks the Bears are going to win? What a shocker!.

At least he didn't say the Rainbows were going to win it all.

MJZiggy
01-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Because I like them with Merlot and NY strip steak. (Now if Bigguns were still here, he'd give me a two page lecture on how I was drinking the wrong wine and the wrong steak with the wrong appetizer. He would probably then criticize the incorrect use of the word appetizer.)

I thought if it tasted good, it went together???

pbmax
01-21-2011, 06:55 PM
You mean a guy who lived in Chicago, Illinois before he was elected President thinks the Bears are going to win? What a shocker!

Anyway a few guys who always pick wrong who think the Bears are going to win are Collin Cowherd, Skip Bayless, and Mike Golic.

Opposing Cowherd almost always puts you on the side of the angels. I cannot even listen to the show anymore without imagining another blog entry at my website:

firecolincowherd.net

pbmax
01-21-2011, 06:57 PM
At least he didn't say the Rainbows were going to win it all.

The Rainbow Warriors are getting ready for Daytona, aren't they?

I miss Bigguns. I know he drove people crazy and could not give up an argument to save his life, but that guy made me laugh more often than not. There is a similarly named poster on Deadspin, but the posts aren't the same in tone.

mmmdk
01-22-2011, 12:37 PM
The NFC Championship game 2011, Bears versus Packers, is not a game subdued to mere predictions; it's the game to claim - a claim for eternal glory. Who wants it more!

PACKERS WANTS IT MORE. :pack:

mmmdk
01-22-2011, 12:48 PM
# 32 Packers

Packers4Glory
01-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Mike Greenberg picked the bears on mike and mike. thats a good sign.

Bretsky
01-22-2011, 01:47 PM
The only person whose pick-against-the-Packers matters is yours, Bretsky. When are you going to unveil your pungent prognostication?

For karma, this needs to get done on gameday so between midnight and 2:00 PM tomorrow when I start up the game day thread. If I forget I'd worry all of PR would hunt me down and bury me alive after we lose :)

Fritz
01-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Excellent. Glad you've got this planned out correctly.

HarveyWallbangers
01-22-2011, 04:23 PM
For karma, this needs to get done on gameday so between midnight and 2:00 PM tomorrow when I start up the game day thread. If I forget I'd worry all of PR would hunt me down and bury me alive after we lose :)

We just need to hire the secret service to protect until the game day thread has been started.