PDA

View Full Version : What are your game day plans for tomorrow?

GrnBay007
01-22-2011, 11:46 PM
I had to laugh at some of the stuff I was reading on facebook tonight. Some are planning very elaborate gatherings with lots of food and even saw grilling mentioned (in the Midwest right now???...crazy!) Funniest were the ones saying they would be too nervous to eat anything before the game and didn’t know how they would sleep tonight.

Small gathering at my house tomorrow for the game with nachos, taco dip, meatballs, stuffed mushrooms and shrimp dip….and of course a variety of beverages! Oh, and I made cupcakes with green and gold frosting. :)

mraynrand
01-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Lots of beer and a pistol with a single bullet standing by, just in case.

Freak Out
01-23-2011, 12:10 AM
Hell 007...I BBQ in Alaska in the winter. :)

Game starts at 11am here....I might wait an hour before I start drinking.

mission
01-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Me, my wife and mission jr...

Brother in law Bears fan has already been notified not to stop by. Buddy named 'Buddy' who was here for the Eagles game is the only one welcome.

Have a case of beer and a few pounds of Doeppler Baby Swiss my dad sent for my birthday :)

Really don't like being around a lot of people watching the Pack. Either they're too damn annoying or they want to tell me how much they know about football/Packers. Either way -- usually -- I just want to immerse myself in the game. My wife knows how to keep me calm and stay positive. :)

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2011, 12:37 AM
I think superfan is coming over. Game on DVR and lots of beer. We might have to splurge and get some chips or something for this one.

MJZiggy
01-23-2011, 05:37 AM
My men and I are cooking up a pot of chili this afternoon and settling in to watch later. We will put the elder dog out for a good portion of the game because all the yelling frightens her.

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Lots of sushi then later to tuck my daughter in (game on here at 9pm) with her Packers Penguin and joyfully hear her shout 'Go Pack Go'. Remember, she predicted the Packers would win the super bowl just prior to week 17 Bears game; she's s a way better predicter than any freckin' rat around here! :lol:

Little Whiskey
01-23-2011, 08:00 AM
my wife asked me if she and the kids should leave today. I had bear fans invite me over to watch the game with them........they just don't get it.

sheepshead
01-23-2011, 08:08 AM
I was going to stay in but heard of a Packer Bar kind of close, so I may go. I feel good about this game and it would be fun to revel a little bit. Anyone been to Durty Nellies in Palatine, IL for a game?

OS PA
01-23-2011, 08:43 AM
My plans were to go out drinking the night before in hopes that I'd snooze till noon. I got the drinking part down, but my body decided to remind me that I'm not in college anymore. Now i'm sitting around watching the 6 hours of pregame and feeling like shit. Should be a good day in a few hours though. We're making beer brats, bacon and bleu cheese potato salad, hot beer cheese and green chilies dip, and bloodies.

wist43
01-23-2011, 08:45 AM
This game has heart attack written all over it... so, I will watch it in delay :)

DVR is the most wonderful invention ever... just go slo-mo at the snap, see how the play develops, if it looks good?? watch it; if it looks bad?? FF!!! It's the only way I can watch and not run the risk of meeting Jesus earlier than I'd planned.

Gonna go hang out in the gym for a few hours, come home have a rib-eye steak, and settle in for the game... I'm more optimistic than I am nervous though. I think it will be a very tight game, but I think we win :)

Joemailman
01-23-2011, 09:08 AM
I'll be wearing the Bart Starr jersey again, as I have in the previous 2 playoff games. Bart lost his 1st playoff game, and never lost another one. Aaron, may the force be with you.

green_bowl_packer
01-23-2011, 09:29 AM
I was going to stay in but heard of a Packer Bar kind of close, so I may go. I feel good about this game and it would be fun to revel a little bit. Anyone been to Durty Nellies in Palatine, IL for a game?

I was at Durty Nellies a few weeks ago and used to go to the old one which was basically was a huge shithole house across from the railroad tracks all the times for beers, bands, and babes (good times!), but only once on a NFL Sunday and it was a good time, I always watched at Ron Santos. If they put the game on in the room where they have the bands at the new place and it's jammed with Packer fans it should be a blast. It's always been on the Packer Bar list at packers.com. Heads up - Jim Schwantz who was a special teamer for the Ditka Bears is the Mayor of Palatine.

GO PACK!!!

The Ram by Woodfield is good too, watched over there when Santos closed down.

digitaldean
01-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Wearing the Reggie White road jersey today.

Having a big feed at my in laws today.

Have an odd gut feeling about this game. With a lot of the hype surrounding the Packers, plus being favorites, I am concerned about the special teams making a blunder that'll be a difference in this game.

Even moreso than the Super Bowl, this team needs to be incredibly focused. O-Line will have a lot tougher task with this D-Line than the last 2.

If we can get an early lead, we'll be OK.

MadtownPacker
01-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Whats up 007!

Im gonna watch it here at home on the 67" (Samsung is the shit) and get blazed on some premium I came up on last night. After I will grill up some tri-tip and hopefully have a victory smoke.

Guiness
01-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Thinking of going to a local sports bar, but there really isn't a good one around here. Just called one, and they'll have the game on the big TV, but without the sound because there are a lot of families on Sunday...they also don't have wifi, so I can't follow the gameday thread!

gbgary
01-23-2011, 11:43 AM
the day has arrived. will wear the same stuff, will have the same pregame meal, will sit in my recliner posting on this board from my smart phone as usual, will use my Packer remote control.

GO PACK!

Fritz
01-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Wearing the same shirt I wore last week when. Inviting my good friend over, going to eat the same food - the leftovers - from last week. One complicating factor: a work colleague from Chicago who is in a personal and professional tailspin is a huge Bears fan. Has no other friends here in Detroit. So my good friend and Packer buddy suggested we invite Chicago boy over to watch. This has, I pointed out, dubious implications: we watched the Packer loss to AZ last year at Chicago boy's house. However, my friend pointed out that inviting him is, A) not the same as us going to his house, and B) an act that will bring good karma to us. So I'm going with that.

Steaks after the game. Wine or beer, too. And yes, the steaks will be on the grill.

Little Whiskey
01-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Whats up 007!

Im gonna watch it here at home on the 67" (Samsung is the shit) and get blazed on some premium I came up on last night. After I will grill up some FRITOS and hopefully have a victory smoke.

fixed

pbmax
01-23-2011, 11:54 AM
I think superfan is coming over. Game on DVR and lots of beer. We might have to splurge and get some chips or something for this one.

Don't go crazy with the chips Harv, something non-fancy and cheap for superfan will be fine.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Father-in-law's house. I am 2-0 there this year. He is a Steelers fan, so it could get uncomfortable in certain circumstances in the near future.

Beer, chili and snacks.

Fritz
01-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Wow. Big pregame news. Chicago boy is not coming over. We get good karma AND the same game-watching circumstances as last week.

Guiness
01-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Anyone near this place?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14588282/bar-to-roast-bear-for-packersbears-game

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- A sports bar owner in Minnesota is showing his support for the Green Bay Packers (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/GB/green-bay-packers) in this weekend's game against the Chicago Bears (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/CHI/chicago-bears) in a very literal way - by roasting a bear.
Blake Montpetit, the co-owner of Tiffany Sports Lounge in St. Paul, says he plans to cook a 180-pound black bear in a pig-roaster over hickory and charcoal on Sunday. He says his cousin shot it in northern Wisconsin during bear hunting season, which runs in September and October, and then froze it.
Montpetit says he planned to serve the meat to customers, but the state health department rejected the plan because the meat is unprocessed. Instead, customers can take photos with the roasting bear.
After the game, the meat will go his cousin's party in Somerset, Wis.

CaptainKickass
01-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Well if there were ever a game for drinking - this is the one.

I'm going over to a bro's house to watch on the giant 65 screen and have the game in surround with the volume at unreasonable volumes. I'll be the only real cheddar in the house, but will appreciate the support from those who know what a hardcore green n gold fanatic I am.

So yes, drinking. Beer mostly. Shots of Cuervo Black for TD's.

VegasPackFan
01-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Going to Buffalo Wild Wings where I will be meeting a co-worker (Bears Fan) and a bunch of people from my church. I anticipate being banned lilfetime from both BWW and church by the end of the day.......

pbmax
01-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Going to Buffalo Wild Wings where I will be meeting a co-worker (Bears Fan) and a bunch of people from my church. I anticipate being banned lilfetime from both BWW and church by the end of the day.......

Its good you are planning ahead. There are lot's of bars, lot's of coworkers and churches. Only one Packer game today.

Iron Mike
01-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Already have two bowls of chili down. Now, I'm gonna run an errand or two and then return to my spot on the couch......

gbgary
01-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Wow. Big pregame news. Chicago boy is not coming over. We get good karma AND the same game-watching circumstances as last week.

good to hear it. i was sweating his presence.

HowardRoark
01-23-2011, 01:16 PM

Sounds more like The Führerbunker.

esoxx
01-23-2011, 01:32 PM
My plans for tomorrow is to continue celebration of the victory and delighting in the Bears fans and players crying, making excuses.

mraynrand
01-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Sounds more like The Führerbunker.

sans Nazis and the odor of urine

GrnBay007
01-24-2011, 12:29 AM
Whats up 007!

Im gonna watch it here at home on the 67" (Samsung is the shit) and get blazed on some premium I came up on last night. After I will grill up some tri-tip and hopefully have a victory smoke.

What up Mad!

Miss u bud :)

SUPERBOWL BABY!

MichiganPackerFan
01-25-2011, 11:51 AM

Just catching up on the threads, but this was the funniest line - still laughing in my cage at work.

This game has heart attack written all over it... so, I will watch it in delay :)

DVR is the most wonderful invention ever... just go slo-mo at the snap, see how the play develops, if it looks good?? watch it; if it looks bad?? FF!!! It's the only way I can watch and not run the risk of meeting Jesus earlier than I'd planned.

Gonna go hang out in the gym for a few hours, come home have a rib-eye steak, and settle in for the game... I'm more optimistic than I am nervous though. I think it will be a very tight game, but I think we win :)

I love the dvr. Never do slow motion, but i do watch plays over and over, focusing on a different player each time.

pbmax
01-25-2011, 11:56 AM

Underrated key to the game! Way to be Fritz.