PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL NFC CHAMPIONSHIP PACKERS vs. BACKDOOR BEARS GAME DAY THREAD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 02:28 AM
If you are anythink like me, you've been counting down the week. The Green Bay Packers looked lights out amazing against the #1 seed last week on the road, and in their classic fashion the Backdoor Bears made the NFC championship game witout beating a team over .500 in the playoffs.

Homerism has been at an all time high this week. A large percentage of the NFL Pundits have been predicting the Green Bay Packers to make the Super Bowl. That's why they play the game.

One game...........one game...........makes or breaks this season.
Screw the Super Bowl
THIS GAME IS OUR SUPER BOWL; LOSING CANNOT BE AN OPTION FOR THE 2010 SEASON TO BE A SUCCESS !!!!!!

An examination of how the Bears got here might make you sick.
But I'm hear to tell you that this game should absolutely terrify you.
Cause these teams are more evenly matched than you think.

After examining each part of the roster, I've come to this conclusion.

The Packers have an advantage at QB, Receivers, OL, and the Secondary
The Bears have an advantage at Running Backs, DL, and Special Teams
LB's, overall, are pretty even.
And the game is on the road

Besides being a tough divisional rival, ALL of this adds up to a very close and stressful game.

On Offense, expect the Green Bay Packers to struggle this week way more than we are use to. The Bears have one of the top five rusing defenses in the NFL and they will once again stuff our rushing attack. Starks was stuffed for 66 yards and a horrid yards per carry last week. This week it will be worse.

So the ball is in Aaron Rodgers court. Who is the team in the NFL that seems to have contained AROD like no other ? Throw the playoff stats in the dumpster for this one and consider this.

The Chicago Bears have held Aaron Rodgers to a porous 4 touchdown passes and three interceptions over his past for games against the Backdoor Bears. In those four game's he's been sacked nine times. The Bears are able to do this by rushing four and getting to the QB while dropping all of its defenders back into coverage. Expect to see a lot of this Sunday, and expect the best ...........shhhhhhhh.......FREE AGENT signing in 2010....aka....Dr Pepper... to put a lot of hits on Aaron Rodgers. He'll be on the run and he'll be feeling the heat early and often.

The Chicago Bears Offense is greatly improved from mid season. The Packers should expect to see a healthy dose of Matt Forte, who averaged 6.1 yards per carry against us week 16 and 4.7 yards per game on the season. After the bye week when Lovie, Tice, and Martz met and modified their offensive plan, the Bears have been a balanced offensive team (averaging 30 rushes per game)and this is going to lead to some great challenges on defense. Martz will do his best to protect Cutler from the free throwing INT's many have become accustomed to seeing

All together, this road game will undoubtedly be a very close and stressful one and this iron clad prediction is a tough one.

Expect Aaron Rodgers to be frustrated once again and often running for his life without a rushing attack; Julius Peppers will make our OL his biatch. The Bears will put pressure on GB with four and this will make long extended drives very tough as the Bears will focus on eliminating the big play. Expect James butter fingers vs the Bears Jones to cough the ball up against da Bears. Expect to see some WR slips on a sad excuse for a field, and we're going to see some drops. The frusrations will lead some to again criticize MM for his playcalling, but without a run game he will be handicapped.

The Bears are balanced enough to move the ball on Green Bay and we're going to see a lot of Matt Forte and Greg Olson, who Martz will find way to utilize in the passing game. By using Forte, Cutler will not be exposed to a ton of third and longs and that will make DOM's job hard on Sunday. As I noted, Jay Cutler showed in the second half of the season, as well as last week, that he was well worth the draft picks and he will play will again Sunday.

This will be a close game on the road in bad weather conditions and on a shitty surface.

This game will be decided by the trenches, penalties/turnovers, and special teams
The Bears will take advantage of their huge advantage at specials teams via field postion and one big return.
Gould is automatic and Crosby will mis a field goal.
Cutler will be efficient and Forte will drive us crazy while we struggle on offense
Neither team will break 20 points, and in the end the ........shhhhh.......FREE agent signing of Dr. Julius Peppers and the Bears Defense will prove to be the difference in the NFC Championship Game.

Been a fun season Rats.............and in this instance, our season ends in failure and the nightmare will live with us forever

Flush your dam Homer Hats down the toilet.
Dump the Kool Aide down the drain.
Get your Flu Medicine out.
And be sure to take your high blood pressure meds.

The Time has come once again; let's all sing it together
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T6bXYp-R9Q

Bears 19
Packers 17

WHAMMY LIVE ON

Fosco33
01-23-2011, 02:39 AM
This will be the most EPIC game in the storied rivalry - referenced for the next century. However it plays out - glad I'm able to see it.

But we'll see, B. I'm thinking 50-50 shot. Very tough to beat a team twice in a month - but Bears have the edge at home imo.

Made a promise to a friend that I wouldn't cheer against the Bears this year - but that doesn't mean I cheer for them either.

Just flew back through DFW - would love to be there in 2 weeks! All the Super Bowl stuff is setup in the airport - pretty damn cool.

I had a vision that this game is tied in the 4th Q and it comes down to Mason nailing a 50 yarder.

As in the past few weeks - we'll have to match intensity early, play a calm/collected game, make less mistakes and keep the game to the players (not the officials from Week 3).

Pack 17
Bears 14

retailguy
01-23-2011, 02:59 AM
Go Pack Go!

This is it. Most important game in the last 10 years. Wow.

Jimx29
01-23-2011, 03:15 AM
rattle cutler early and the game is in the bag

VegasPackFan
01-23-2011, 04:02 AM
Keep the refs out of this one.....

MJZiggy
01-23-2011, 05:49 AM

Remind them that they owe us one after last time. Geez...

packrulz
01-23-2011, 06:28 AM
I would love to see B.J. "the freezer" Raji blocking on the goal line for Kuuuuuuhn again! Revenge is sweet!

Scott Campbell
01-23-2011, 07:54 AM
I hate the Bears. Those frauds have no business being in the NFC Championship game, and it will be in honor of all the good NFC teams that we send them home today.

Little Whiskey
01-23-2011, 07:57 AM
35-10 Packers!

RashanGary
01-23-2011, 08:21 AM
i liked the write up. That's the type of game it's going to be. I know the Bears defense is great and they're going to make it tough on Aaron. I think Aaron has taken that next step though. Similar game to what B said with AR makeing a few more plays. 21-17 Packers.

sheepshead
01-23-2011, 08:22 AM

I heard(forget his name) the same guy the headed the 18 penalty first game is heading this game. Maybe he'll appreciate the error of is ways?

sheepshead
01-23-2011, 08:23 AM
rattle cutler early and the game is in the bag

Couldnt agree more. Lets look for that early.

Joemailman
01-23-2011, 08:33 AM
There are things the Packers can do to keep the ball away from hester.
There's only so much the Bears can do to keep the ball away from Rodgers.
Packers 27
Bears 20

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mk2XV8gmCSw/SqvS8xfjQvI/AAAAAAAAACo/dFev4TqTKeA/s400/the+bears+still+suck.JPGhttp://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/19/129031165539157438.jpghttp://www.packerpalace.com/blogold/honkbearssuck.jpghttp://farm6.static.flickr.com/5286/5321068072_8490b08c14.jpg

green_bowl_packer
01-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Poetic justice that can only happen to Chicago. Starks comes through in both the run and screen game, Angelo gets unbelievable heat from fans and media for not selecting Starks, and Lovie who called him Sparks earlier in the week, knows his name now. This Packers victory will send the Bears organization into a spiral. and us to Dallas.

Packers 17 Bears 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-xRXEDssaQ

OS PA
01-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Here's your obligatory Vince Lombardi post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQAyMgVoARQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtY8x9PoTXc
Just hit, just run, just block, just tackle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmsKIErO-q0&feature=related

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81dd03b0/One-more-victory

Joemailman
01-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Speaking of obligatory posts, where is Captain?

bobblehead
01-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Obligatory gameday post in honor of Captain in case he misses it.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 09:33 AM
good Lord I'm nervous. I feel too confident. I know it will shattered today. Yesterday I did however finish the title of the floor I started last week. I'm rock'n the same clothes. I simply can not allow myself to even imagine the hell that would break loose should the bears win today.

But I know playing their 3rd game on the road in the playoffs won't be easy and almost impossible to do.

bobblehead
01-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Ok, here is the way I see it. Several times this season the packers have run into similar stories. A team on the verge of a win to turn their season around. A desperate team to be feared. Dallas. Vikings. Giants. We are talking teams with chips on their shoulders. Right now the bears have a chip on their shoulder. They are called frauds. People are constantly pointing out that they are lucky and didn't even play an average team to get to the NFCC. The bears will be nothing more than another roadkill on our way to the Super Bowl. Cutler will feel the pressure and resort to his natural instinct. He will throw into coverage. He will throw late over the middle. Certain QB's just can't help doing that and seem to revert to it in the biggest stages. Bert may be out of the NFCC game, but cutler will honor his memory and throw 3 heartbreaking picks leading to a blowout.

Pack 31
Bears 3

Fritz
01-23-2011, 09:45 AM
The sad part, Bretsky, is that your analysis makes a lot of sense.

I'm scared, Adrian! I'm scared!

Okay, let's do our part. I'll wear what I wore last week, and have done a good deed to up the good karma (invited a Bear fan to watch the game with me and my Packer buddy).

CaptainKickass needs to make his obligatory game day post. Mad has already made his usual off-handed and confident statement about the suckiness of the opponent or the opponent's QB, though I'd feel better if he did that again on this thread.

Let's do this, Packerrats!

RashanGary
01-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Everybody wants to make this about Culter, but it isn't. This is about the Bears defense and ST's shutting down our scoring and setting them up for easy scores. This game might be about Aaron and he does need a good game, but Cutler could play poorly and still win. This is not the Green Bay Packers vs Jay Cutler and Lovie will be damn sure that Cutler's role is limited. Forte, Hester, Manning, Urlacher, Peppers and Briggs are going to be the guys they count on. Cutler hands the ball off and makes easy throws. That's it.

The only way this becomes about Cutler is if we're leading in the 4th and there is chance we won't lead all game. I predict us to win. I think we're the better team, but this Chicago team without Cutler is bad ass adn they're going to do their damndest to not make this about their QB.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Everybody wants to make this about Culter, but it isn't. This is about the Bears defense and ST's shutting down our scoring and setting them up for easy scores. This game might be about Aaron and he does need a good game, but Cutler could play poorly and still win. This is not the Green Bay Packers vs Jay Cutler and Lovie will be damn sure that Cutler's role is limited. Forte, Hester, Manning, Urlacher, Peppers and Briggs are going to be the guys they count on. Cutler hands the ball off and makes easy throws. That's it.

The only way this becomes about Cutler is if we're leading in the 4th and there is chance we won't lead all game. I predict us to win. I think we're the better team, but this Chicago team without Cutler is bad ass adn they're going to do their damndest to not make this about their QB.

Thats basically true. Chicago wins games because of defense and field position. We need to really minimize 3 and outs inside our own territory. The Pack need to string together some 1st downs and move the ball and win the field position battle. If we move close to the 50 we can at least try and aim our punts and minimize Hester's returns or eliminate them altogether.

I simply cant over state the ST battle for field position enough. That and Crosby HAS HAS HAS HAS HAS HAS

HAS to make his chances count. no misses. this game could very easily be decided by 3 points or less. NFL network showed the last 10 meetings between the teams and everything is absurdly close in every category. Any blow out would be surprising on either side.

Scott Campbell
01-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Were going to crush them.

Freak Out
01-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Kia! Go Packers!

red
01-23-2011, 10:24 AM
ok, so i didn't put one and one together until just now

i had a dream where a black bear invaded my house. it terrorized me and the dog for awhile but eventually a managed to shoot it twice with a shotgun. that still didn't kill it so i had to use a big wad of TNT to blow him to bits.

i woke up a couple of hours ago and though "huh weird dream", it just now struck me that we are playing the fucking bears and maybe it was just me with some ESP seeing how the bears are going to be blown to bits today

Freak Out
01-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Hmmmm...I had a dream that one of my best friends dropped some acid and fucked my cousin.

RashanGary
01-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Hmmmm...I had a dream that one of my best friends dropped some acid and fucked my cousin.

haha. Wasn't expecting that.

3irty1
01-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Bretsky is out of control.

The Bears have a smothering defense and a formidable front to run on but that doesn't change the facts that they need to get lucky to win--which always seems to happen but lets remember that while most of us would rather be lucky than good that luck is not real. The Bears have a gimmicky offense that has never enjoyed anything resembling success against our Capers-run defense. Somehow this nasty rumor has been going that the Bears are good at running the football and the Packers struggle against the run. Ridiculous. The Bears and Vikings have always fielded great run defenses in front of their tampa-2 coverage. Who has had consistent success against both? Ryan Grant, who excels in the ZBS. Starks will pick up where Grant left off on a field that is beneficial to his running style against a defense that struggles with our rushing scheme.

The Packers have the ability to not only beat the Bears but blow them out. If we lose it will clearly be on bear shit and I will spout conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory.

mission
01-23-2011, 10:41 AM
GO PACK GO!

Pugger
01-23-2011, 10:47 AM
good Lord I'm nervous. I feel too confident. I know it will shattered today. Yesterday I did however finish the title of the floor I started last week. I'm rock'n the same clothes. I simply can not allow myself to even imagine the hell that would break loose should the bears win today.

But I know playing their 3rd game on the road in the playoffs won't be easy and almost impossible to do.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this dreaded feeling of impending doom. :-( Maybe it is all the love we are getting from all media corners. God, I just wish we were playing ANYBODY but the stinkin' bares, especially in Chicago. More stupid shit happens to us in that dump - just look at the game in week 3! We dominated everywhere but the freaking scoreboard but we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Those clowns always give us fits and find more damn ways to create turnovers and other breaks. Drives me crazy. And if we lose the FIBs will be impossible to live with. :-P

Pugger
01-23-2011, 10:53 AM

The Bears have a smothering defense and a formidable front to run on but that doesn't change the facts that they need to get lucky to win--which always seems to happen but lets remember that while most of us would rather be lucky than good that luck is not real. The Bears have a gimmicky offense that has never enjoyed anything resembling success against our Capers-run defense. Somehow this nasty rumor has been going that the Bears are good at running the football and the Packers struggle against the run. Ridiculous. The Bears and Vikings have always fielded great run defenses in front of their tampa-2 coverage. Who has had consistent success against both? Ryan Grant, who excels in the ZBS. Starks will pick up where Grant left off on a field that is beneficial to his running style against a defense that struggles with our rushing scheme.

The Packers have the ability to not only beat the Bears but blow them out. If we lose it will clearly be on bear shit and I will spout conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory.

Back in week 17 Forte was having success running against us but for some reason Martz stopped calling his number even before we got the lead. I doubt Martz will make that mistake again so we HAVE to do a better job stopping the run today or it will be a long and heartbreaking day for us Packer fans.

denverYooper
01-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Ok, here is the way I see it. Several times this season the packers have run into similar stories. A team on the verge of a win to turn their season around. A desperate team to be feared. Dallas. Vikings. Giants. We are talking teams with chips on their shoulders. Right now the bears have a chip on their shoulder. They are called frauds. People are constantly pointing out that they are lucky and didn't even play an average team to get to the NFCC. The bears will be nothing more than another roadkill on our way to the Super Bowl. Cutler will feel the pressure and resort to his natural instinct. He will throw into coverage. He will throw late over the middle. Certain QB's just can't help doing that and seem to revert to it in the biggest stages. Bert may be out of the NFCC game, but cutler will honor his memory and throw 3 heartbreaking picks leading to a blowout.

Pack 31
Bears 3

Didn't Urlacher once say that Favre would give the opposition 3(?) chances a game for an interception? The same can be said about Cutler. GB just has to hang on to them.

MadtownPacker
01-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Made a promise to a friend that I wouldn't cheer against the Bears this year - but that doesn't mean I cheer for them either.
What the hell?? That person is NO friend if they dont want you to hate the bears!

Nice intro B, you fucking goat.

MadtownPacker
01-23-2011, 11:11 AM
The sad part, Bretsky, is that your analysis makes a lot of sense.

I'm scared, Adrian! I'm scared!

Okay, let's do our part. I'll wear what I wore last week, and have done a good deed to up the good karma (invited a Bear fan to watch the game with me and my Packer buddy).

CaptainKickass needs to make his obligatory game day post. Mad has already made his usual off-handed and confident statement about the suckiness of the opponent or the opponent's QB, though I'd feel better if he did that again on this thread.

Let's do this, Packerrats!
Grab hold of your cock and act like a man! Glory and honor await in Dallas but first the Pack must rid themselves of the miserable fleas that cause them to have to stop and scratch themselves while on their way.

MadtownPacker
01-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Be honest, you where the one frying and wanted to fuck your cousin, fucking hillybilly.

sheepshead
01-23-2011, 11:17 AM
I took myself and my emotions out of this team ,somewhat, weeks ago. I figured with all the injuries it was wait-til-next-year time. Every win is a gift for us to enjoy. Having said that Im nervous but rather confident in this game. The Bears gave up 24 points to the seahawks and did not get into the endzone in Lambeau. I know they have all the comeback excuses, but those are important things to remember. Combine that with the shellacking we gave two very very good teams, the Giants and Falcons. This is almost the Packers game to loose. It'll be fun boys and girls.

Brandon494
01-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing! Go Pack Go

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 11:26 AM
i liked the write up. That's the type of game it's going to be. I know the Bears defense is great and they're going to make it tough on Aaron. I think Aaron has taken that next step though. Similar game to what B said with AR makeing a few more plays. 21-17 Packers.

Thx for the kind words, and I agree wth your sentiments. I don't think Cutler is going to get put in a position to have to win. Comparing the Bears special teams to ours is like comparing the Green Bay Packers to the Wisconsin Badgers....except the Badgers Special Teams coach is better than Slouch Slocum. Defense, Field Positon, Special Teams challenges....those are all big worries

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Pack 31
Bears 3

One big difference in past games versus today's is the quality of defense of those teams are not nearly what the Bears are today

gbgary
01-23-2011, 11:28 AM
some good posts above.

some great vids too.

COME ON PACKERS...LET'S BEAT THEM BEARS!

GO PACK!

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this dreaded feeling of impending doom. :-( Maybe it is all the love we are getting from all media corners. God, I just wish we were playing ANYBODY but the stinkin' bares, especially in Chicago. More stupid shit happens to us in that dump - just look at the game in week 3! We dominated everywhere but the freaking scoreboard but we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Those clowns always give us fits and find more damn ways to create turnovers and other breaks. Drives me crazy. And if we lose the FIBs will be impossible to live with. :-P

yeah that and they seem to have the football Gods squarely in their corner. every break imaginable. practically no real injuries. GB has had the opposite luck. It just seems like everything has gone their way and the Super Bowl is a likely finish. I guess we'll find out today if that holds true.

IF Clifton can control Peppers and not give up any big sacks, esp those that cause fumbles, then our chances just shot up dramatically.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Good work Bretsky. I am just glad that You Tube video wasn't the Super Bowl Shuffle. That would be a hex too far.

Packers are on a mighty roll. Even when faced with adversity in the last few games, there has not been a sign of panic. Sometimes McCarthy's stubbornness is frustrating, but this year its paying off in spades. This team is not invulnerable by any means, but the game against Atlanta proved what they can do when plan meets execution.

Third game versus the Bears and the Packers have all the tape they will need. While Lovie adjusted and pressured more in Week 17 than just the Tampa 2 name indicates, he still mainly plays zones in the middle of the field. There is probably no way Rodgers completes over 80% of his passes versus an entire game of disguised coverages, but several weeks to prepare options for man versus blitz coverage will mean catches like Driver's on the TD drive are not rarities.

Driver and Quarless can each sit in a hole ala Freeman and collect passes. If the Bears blitz, then Quarless might stay in to block, but Driver has more room. I think Driver plays as much in the slot as Jennings since he seems to have an easier time with zones. If Jones and Jennings are left in one on one outside, someone is going to get burned. The O line has its stuggles, but pass blocking seems to be its most consistent strength. Bulaga has bounced back from a bad stretch and Colledge will be in there, important if for no reason other than his backups are even more questionable.

Bears pass rush will be hurt if the field is bad. An open air stadium, there is only so much the crowd in the spaceship can do. The O line can win this matchup in pass pro. Given time, Rodgers will beat them.

On defense, Capers has the bodies and fronts to stop Forte if he needs to concentrate on it. Elsewhere, I found that he did this on the first drive of Week 17 by inserting Green and playing a traditional 3-4 front. The Packers have done this with other teams (Falcons, Dolphins) and still found a way to keep big plays from happening in the pass game and good Red Zone D. The only way this worries me is if the Bears get a significant lead deep into the third quarter. Then needing to play 3-4 might give the Bears some options and breathing room to drive the ball and eat clock. While the Bears have the raw talent to score with the pass, it doesn't worry me as a consistent threat with the exception of Olsen who can be dealt with.

So a close game works much to the Packers advantage and I think Rodgers will keep it that way, if not completely in his favor. McCarthy will find something else to counter the Bear front rush (screens, Starks, keep passes, Full House) and that will eventually stretch the Bears D to the breaking point.

Packers 27 Bears 13.

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 11:30 AM

Running in the wild...first I've saw a poster say I was out of control.............and I LIKE IT !

IMO Starks will be lucky to crack 55 yards and he's going to have an ugly YPC. AROD has to win this one and MM knows that. Take off the Homer Shades. A close game awaits us

pbmax
01-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Nice intro B, you fucking goat.

I like Bretsky alot, but I always thought of Patler, Skin or Harv as the G.O.A.T.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Running in the wild...first I've saw a poster say I was out of control.............and I LIKE IT !

IMO Starks will be lucky to crack 55 yards and he's going to have an ugly YPC. AROD has to win this one and MM knows that. Take off the Homer Shades. A close game awaits us

Actually, if Starts get 25+ carries for 60 yards, I think the Packers would be winning. :) But I know what you meant.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 11:38 AM

http://kupax.com/files/15350_bv5z8/moustache.jpg

Greatest sig image ever. Tears and BOMNF!

Fritz
01-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Grab hold of your cock and act like a man! Glory and honor await in Dallas but first the Pack must rid themselves of the miserable fleas that cause them to have to stop and scratch themselves while on their way.

Okay.

Bretsky's carefully argued doom-and-gloom prediction: check.

Packerrats following through on usual game-day preparations: check.

Madtown's offhanded smart-ass comment, prediction, and accompanying swagger: check

Captain's obligatory game day post: ? Captain? You got about two and a half hours, dude. Let's go.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 11:40 AM
I just hope the Packers aren't caught up reading their own press clippings and how they are the media darlings to win this game. They *appear* to be past that stage and all about the business at hand, but stranger things have happened (2007)

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 11:42 AM
ugh IDK how much more pregame stuff I can watch. I think I'll play some Black Ops and kill some mofo and maybe start the beer early.

BlueBrewer
01-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Check this out for a good laugh!

https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.14&disp=emb&view=att&th=12da8fbd526f6cbc

3irty1
01-23-2011, 11:47 AM

I'll agree with you that although A-Rod might be efficient, he's not going to go crazy for 300+ Starks on the other hand is a touchdown tiger crouched in attack position. MM has always had success running the ball against the Bears even when the rest of the league couldn't. No single aspect of their defense is that great but schematically they are patient and smothering. Starks will get his yards against all the underfronts we'll see on a field that will make him look like the fastest player on the field with his long strider one cut style of running. It is a division game and anything can happen so there is reason to be worried but the facts are that the Bears will need to be lucky to beat the Packers, but that's what got them here in the first place.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Okay.

Bretsky's carefully argued doom-and-gloom prediction: check.

Packerrats following through on usual game-day preparations: check.

Madtown's offhanded smart-ass comment, prediction, and accompanying swagger: check

Captain's obligatory game day post: ? Captain? You got about two and a half hours, dude. Let's go.

Don't forget the timely Read This, Be Smarter posts.:whist:

gbgary
01-23-2011, 11:48 AM
I just hope the Packers aren't caught up reading their own press clippings and how they are the media darlings to win this game. They *appear* to be past that stage and all about the business at hand, but stranger things have happened (2007)

there are enough pundits out there predicting the bears to keep them on their toes...plus many of them haven't forgotten the taste of the fail that was their last nfc championship appearence. they'll be ready!

GO PACK!

pbmax
01-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Check this out for a good laugh!

BB, I don't think Gmail is going to let us login to your email account with just a link :)

Unless you want to tell us the password?

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Four Words to sum up this game and our season

Win...Success
Lose..Failure

After I wrote up this game thread at 2 in the morning last night I couldn't sleep one dam bit and ended up coming up with an earache. I have absolutely no quality sleep from last night and I'm not the least bit tired.

GAME..........GET HERE ALREADY

Fritz
Don't forget the timely Read This, Be Smarter posts.:whist:

Oh geez. You just saved the Packers from certain doom. And so...where is the new thread on "Read This, Be Smarter"?

BlueBrewer
BB, I don't think Gmail is going to let us login to your email account with just a link :)

Unless you want to tell us the password?

Sorry, How do you post a picture on this new format?

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 11:53 AM
PB........kudos for remembering......I pondered posting the Super Bowl Shuffle but just could not bring myself to do it

Joemailman
01-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Actually, I think the game last year at Arizona was the game where maybe the Packers were a little too impressed with themselves. I think they learned from that experience. They'll be ready.

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 11:57 AM
OMG, Wist Predicted a Win; we are doomed ! :)

pbmax
01-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Oh geez. You just saved the Packers from certain doom. And so...where is the new thread on "Read This, Be Smarter"?

I doubled up for luck:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?21495-Read-This-Be-Smarter-Packers-Nickel-and-Dime-Pass-Rush-and-Blitz

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?21494-Read-This-Be-Smarter-Packers-Full-House-Backfield

Guiness
01-23-2011, 12:01 PM

Here here.

My friends have stopped saying 'with all the injuries, they should be happy just to be there' because they figured out I was going to punch someone.

We're here, there's no being happy with that and taking the foot off the gas. All the bulletin board material in the world doesn't matter now because if you're not 100% up for this game, you're dead.

BlueBrewer
01-23-2011, 12:02 PM

CaptainKickass
01-23-2011, 12:04 PM

Obligatory game day post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCcvKloTiik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJppP9KlWbk

BlueBrewer
01-23-2011, 12:04 PM

BlueBrewer
01-23-2011, 12:05 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.10&disp=emb&view=att&th=12da8fbd526f6cbc

Fritz
01-23-2011, 12:06 PM
YES PB!!!

YES CAPTAIN!!

It is all good now. All good.

pbmax
Sorry, How do you post a picture on this new format?

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/help.png

Hit reply, above text box hit icon I circled. If that doesn't work, then type:

link to pic here

BlueBrewer
https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.10&disp=emb&view=att&th=12da8fbd526f6cbc

Joemailman
Thanks Captain! Was about to send out an APB on you.

BlueBrewer
01-23-2011, 12:07 PM
tyvm

Guiness
01-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Anyone familiar with the Tiffany Lounge in St-Paul?

Apparently they're roasting a bear there today!

lol

BlueBrewer
01-23-2011, 12:10 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.6&disp=emb&view=att&th=12da8fbd526f6cbc

pbmax
01-23-2011, 12:11 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k75/paisans_2006/help.png

Hit reply, above text box hit icon I circled. If that doesn't work, then type:

link to pic here

I should have added, after clicking icon, paste the link to the image in the little window that pops up and click OK. It will code it for you. Type the rest of the message and submit.

denverYooper
01-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Chris Harris has a torn hip muscle. All week, they claimed it was a hip pointer. I wonder how long they knew it was torn? He's going to take a painkiller and try to play:

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/01/safety-harris-will-try-to-play-with-torn-hip-muscle.html

CaptainKickass
01-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks Captain! Was about to send out an APB on you.

APB?

I don't think Tank could find me.

(heee heee heee)

pbmax
01-23-2011, 12:14 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0.6&disp=emb&view=att&th=12da8fbd526f6cbc

BB, Google may not allow linking to images that are attachments in email. Looking at the reply to your message, you do have the format correct. So right click on the image in your email and choose Save Target As... or similar to save to your desktop.

Then go to http://tinypic.com/

Upload it there from your desktop. They will give you the IMG code that includes a link to the image on their server. Paste that img code into your message here.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Chris Harris has a torn hip muscle. All week, they claimed it was a hip pointer. I wonder how long they knew it was torn? He's going to take a painkiller and try to play:

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/01/safety-harris-will-try-to-play-with-torn-hip-muscle.html

This could be huge if he is limited. he's their best player in the secondary. Peanut is great at stripping the ball, but Harris makes it happen for them back there. hell Peter King had him as his all-pro.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 12:23 PM
PS:

My stomach is in a knot and killing me. this waiting shit sucks balls.

denverYooper
01-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Sunny, 18 degrees, and not much wind. Should be around 20 at gametime.

denverYooper
01-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Crosby looking strong:

Mason Crosby is kicking 50-yarders now like it's nothing. Just made a 57-yarder that could have gone 67.

Brando19
01-23-2011, 12:35 PM
http://http://www.whozplaying.com/images/grossman.JPG

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Sunny, 18 degrees, and not much wind. Should be around 20 at gametime.

Nice Packers football weather! :smile:

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 12:48 PM
This game is everything

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 12:55 PM
This game is everything

Biggest sport event in my lifetime; that's why a Packers win versus Bears is the only thing that's doable.

Brando19
01-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Any news on the Bears inactives? Packers inactives are Pat Lee, Zombo, Nance, Wynn, Harrell, Gordy, and Deitrich-Smith.

Brando19
01-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Hall and Bigby are both active today.

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Interesting that Pat Lee has once again fallen; next year he'll be history

Brando19
ugh IDK how much more pregame stuff I can watch. I think I'll play some Black Ops and kill some mofo and maybe start the beer early.

Do you have black ops for PS3?

green_bowl_packer
Desmond Clark is going for the Bears today first game active since October. Here are the inactives: Hanie (3rd QB), Aromashodu, Steltz, Moore, Bell, Johnson, E. Williams and Harrison.

Brando19
01-23-2011, 12:59 PM

Maybe...it wouldn't suprise me if they keep him, though. Look at Justin Harrell.

Bretsky
Hall and Bigby are both active today.

If Bigby gets roasted for a TD I'll puke

GB thinks Hall is good on ST

One hour and counting....tick tick tick tick

Brando19
Desmond Clark is going for the Bears today first game active since October. Here are the inactives: Hanie (3rd QB), Aromashodu, Steltz, Moore, Bell, Johnson, E. Williams and Harrison.

Thanks.

Brando19
01-23-2011, 01:00 PM
If Bigby gets roasted for a TD I'll puke

GB thinks Hall is good on ST

One hour and counting....tick tick tick tick

Hopefully they'll use Bigby in blitzing situations. He SUCKS in coverage.

Bretsky
Maybe...it wouldn't suprise me if they keep him, though. Look at Justin Harrell.

I'm confused there
I thought they put Justine on the IR

I doubt that would be Graham Harrell as I think he was on the P.Squad

Guiness

Was thinking the same thing - he was very visible on punt and KO coverage.

I also wonder what Bigby being active means? Maybe looking for run support from him?

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Urlacher; he's one friggin ugly dude

Ron Wolf tried to trade up for Urlacher but his attempts failed; we had pick 14 that year and nabbed Bubba Franks; Urlacher went 9

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 01:04 PM
STRAHAN, JIMMY J, HOWIE, and TERRY

We need the first three to pick GB and Terry to pick the Bears for continued good karma

Guiness
01-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Good work Bretsky. I am just glad that You Tube video wasn't the Super Bowl Shuffle. That would be a hex too far.

Driver and Quarless can each sit in a hole ala Freeman and collect passes. If the Bears blitz, then Quarless might stay in to block, but Driver has more room. I think Driver plays as much in the slot as Jennings since he seems to have an easier time with zones. If Jones and Jennings are left in one on one outside, someone is going to get burned. The O line has its stuggles, but pass blocking seems to be its most consistent strength. Bulaga has bounced back from a bad stretch and Colledge will be in there, important if for no reason other than his backups are even more questionable.

Packers 27 Bears 13.

Do you think we'll see more of Quarless or Crabtree today if the Bears are blitzing? I would not be surprised to see him helping Clifton out if Peppers is effective early

Crabtree seems to be the better blocker, and showed last week he can be effective in the passing game. His block/release and catch for the TD was very nice.

gbgary
01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
weatherbug tells me it's 21* there already and i heard a guy on 540 radio milwaukee say they're expecting near 30* during the game...and no wind. great!

GO PACK!

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Field is in HORRIBLE condition.....my conspiracy theory is that it helps da Bears

If this were played in a dome Pack would win by over 2 TD's

gbgary
01-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Field is in HORRIBLE condition.....my conspiracy theory is that it helps da Bears

If this were played in a dome Pack would win by over 2 TD's

look for that to happen anyway.

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Do you think we'll see more of Quarless or Crabtree today if the Bears are blitzing? I would not be surprised to see him helping Clifton out if Peppers is effective early

Crabtree seems to be the better blocker, and showed last week he can be effective in the passing game. His block/release and catch for the TD was very nice.

My gut tells me we'll see a healthy dose of Quarless because he's improving as a blocker and runs better patterns. MM will sometime send him out to find holes in the zone and sometimes he'll stay in for protection. He may also put a hit on Peppers at times and then go out if Cliffy is having problems. Crabtree will get used near the goal line since he's a nasty blocker

Brando19
01-23-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm confused there
I thought they put Justine on the IR

I doubt that would be Graham Harrell as I think he was on the P.Squad

Graham Harrell is inactive. You said you doubt they keep Pat Lee around. I said I wouldn't bet against it because if they keep Justin Harrell around...they'll suprise you with anything.

Brando19
01-23-2011, 01:14 PM
weatherbug tells me it's 21* there already and i heard a guy on 540 radio milwaukee say they're expecting near 30* during the game...and no wind. great!

GO PACK!

Fox pregame just said it could drop down to 12.

green_bowl_packer
01-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Urlacher; he's one friggin ugly dude

Ron Wolf tried to trade up for Urlacher but his attempts failed; we had pick 14 that year and nabbed Bubba Franks; Urlacher went 9

Didn't they also trade up in front of us and take Grossman too? What a head fake by Wolfe, glad that didn't work out for us. I remember the draft talk of us possibly taking him, because that's when all the retirement talk started.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Do you have black ops for PS3?

yeah. miles-Long007 baby.

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 01:17 PM
A couple thoughts

1. The Bears LB's are the best in the NFL at stripping the ball. The Bears will rush four a lot and drop everbody back. The big play will be hard to achieve but we'll have plenty of shots at Yards after Catch. Our WR's HAVE to hold onto the ball !!!!!!!!!!!

2. One of the most important players today is Chad Clifton. He owns Peppers and it should lead to success for us. Peppers really tends to tear teams apart at home though

3. Devin Hester is the Bears best player. Don't give him a shot to beat us. If we lose, we'll look at ST, turnovers, and the Bears D as the difference makers

4. I'm a sports fanatic and have watched thousand of sporting events. Besides Championship games, the importance of this game is absolutely unprecendented for anything I've witnessed
in any sport I've watched.

Failure can not be an option. We can not lose this game. We cannot let the Bears eliminate us and go to the Super Bowl. It's a memory that will stick with us forever.

esoxx
01-23-2011, 01:19 PM
PS:

My stomach is in a knot and killing me. this waiting shit sucks balls.

The Journey is the Reward. Savor this feeling.

red
01-23-2011, 01:21 PM
i'm going fucking ape shit

esoxx
01-23-2011, 01:21 PM

GO PACK!

I'm not sure about the no wind. The flags on top of the stadium were as stiff as Skinbasket at the Airport Lounge.

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 01:23 PM
ONE MORE THOUGHT

If the traffic is here, this may be the most intense game thread all year.
Those who participate in it undestand we often let our emotions govern our feeling of that particular moment and we often over react and post before reflecting
We are not reflecting on the ending of the game and then putting it all into persectve before posting

I'd hope that regardless of the outcome, those who do not post in the game thread and come to read it later to not take pot shots at the posters who participate in the game day thread
if they do not agree with the content.

esoxx
01-23-2011, 01:24 PM
A couple thoughts

1. The Bears LB's are the best in the NFL at stripping the ball. The Bears will rush four a lot and drop everbody back. The big play will be hard to achieve but we'll have plenty of shots at Yards after Catch. Our WR's HAVE to hold onto the ball !!!!!!!!!!!

2. One of the most important players today is Chad Clifton. He owns Peppers and it should lead to success for us. Peppers really tends to tear teams apart at home though

3. Devin Hester is the Bears best player. Don't give him a shot to beat us. If we lose, we'll look at ST, turnovers, and the Bears D as the difference makers

4. I'm a sports fanatic and have watched thousand of sporting events. Besides Championship games, the importance of this game is absolutely unprecendented for anything I've witnessed
in any sport I've watched.

Failure can not be an option. We can not lose this game. We cannot let the Bears eliminate us and go to the Super Bowl. It's a memory that will stick with us forever.

Couldn't agree more on all points made here.

If the unthinkable would happen, it would leave a permanent scar on my soul.

Good thing my Go Big or Go Home thread would never allow such a feeling to occur as we are winning the game.

We're gold, Jerry, gold!

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Lets keep an eye on Harris. He's hurt and trying to gut it out. I see Major Wright getting some action and possibly A LOT of playing time today. either way look for GB to test him early and then go back to it later after he's been running around getting hit.

esoxx
01-23-2011, 01:28 PM
ONE MORE THOUGHT

Those who participate in it undestand we often let our emotions govern our feeling of that particular moment and we often over react and post before reflecting
We are not reflecting on the ending of the game and then putting it all into persectve before posting

I'd hope that regardless of the outcome, those who do not post in the game thread and come to read it later to not take pot shots at the posters who participate in the game day thread

What the fuck is M3 thinking challenging that call, what a retard!!!! If they lose this game he should be gone!

Nice job Jones, you couldn't catch a cold you stinking tool, why are you even on the team????!!!

Nooooooooooo!!!!! WTF was that?? Are you kidding me Bigby!!! WTF are they thinking making him active today!!

*Disclaimer* I'm not sure how much I'll post during the game so I wanted to get mine in early just in case.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure about the no wind. The flags on top of the stadium were as stiff as Skinbasket at the Airport Lounge.

it was like that last weekend, but down on the field it didn't seem too bad. I think its a relatively calm day for a Sunday in January.

Fritz
01-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Any news on the Bears inactives? Packers inactives are Pat Lee, Zombo, Nance, Wynn, Harrell, Gordy, and Deitrich-Smith.

Such is the Packer injury situation this year that I don't even know who the fuck "Gordy" is.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 01:30 PM
30 minutes you packerrat bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

ND72
01-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Promised my wife I will stay off the computer today as I tend to write nasty stuff on facebook during packer games, and I have a good amount of bear friends. So enjoy the game, kick some tail, and I will be on tonight to celebrate with everyone.

mraynrand
01-23-2011, 01:32 PM
ONE MORE THOUGHT

I might have to change my sig line - borrowed from pbmax - to 100-200 of your buddies!

esoxx
01-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Such is the Packer injury situation this year that I don't even know who the fuck "Gordy" is.

Shit is Gordy Nelson injured? When will the injury bug subside!!!

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 01:36 PM
about time to heat up the chili I froze just for this game that I had last week during the game.

Come on boys, don't let us down. keep the pedal to the floor and shock us all w/ a blow out.

wpony
Hi Just wondering who here got a good night sleep last night I know I didnt lets get this game started :) kick some bear @ss

Freak Out
ONE MORE THOUGHT

No doubt....it's normal for some to get a little crazy during the game....I know I have.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 01:37 PM

He is injured.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 01:37 PM

not funny. I changed back to NFL network and caught what looked like Jordy scrolling on the INACTIVES banner...I hit rewind praying I saw it wrong.

red
01-23-2011, 01:38 PM
someone at fox finally smartened up and shut off bradshaws mic while he was talking

esoxx
01-23-2011, 01:38 PM
30 minutes you packerrat bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Just remember, actual kickoff is at 2:05pm. Plan those extra five minutes doing self-reflection, praying, and in deep thought.

Or just finish that voodoo doll of Jay Cutler and stab that bitch through the head.

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Go Pack Go! Down to the basement I go.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 01:40 PM
someone at fox finally smartened up and shut off bradshaws mic while he was talking

so long as its on for Bradshaw to pick the bears.

red
01-23-2011, 01:40 PM
START THE FUCKING GAME ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i will start shooting people if i have to listen to that untalented fuck, caliendo, do his schtick right now

mraynrand
01-23-2011, 01:41 PM

Josh Gordy, cb

For Bears: Wide receiver Devin Aromashodu safety Craig Steltz, cornerback Joshua Moore, running back Kahlil Bell, guard Herman Johnson and Edwin Williams and defensive tackle Marcus Harrison.

Bears activated Desmond Clark. Bet they are going to run it hard and work the short passing game with multiple TEs...

Aromashodu = smell of shit

pbmax
01-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Has anyone found an EXACT kickoff time? Last week the start was 6:30 but kickoff was closer to 7 if I recall correctly.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Has anyone found an EXACT kickoff time? Last week the start was 6:30 but kickoff was closer to 7 if I recall correctly.

its gotta be 2 or 2:05 as someone said. The other network starts its kickoff at 530

esoxx
01-23-2011, 01:43 PM

JSO called league and reported kick off is to occur at 2:05pm.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm looking for a Pep or Collins int today.

red
01-23-2011, 01:51 PM
gahhhhhhh

no talent hack

denverYooper
01-23-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm looking for a Pep or Collins int today.

Nice. I see a TO from Woodson.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 01:53 PM
that a boy Bradshaw!

denverYooper
01-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Man. Everybody's picking the Pack except Terry. Gaaaah. Whammy >> Terry.

denverYooper
01-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Ok. Off to the neighbor's to watch the game and keep the mojo alive!

Packers4Glory
Nice. I see a TO from Woodson.

i see Cutler make a lot of high throws over the middle. I'd like to see Woodson cause some damage. Force a fumble or jump a route.

denverYooper
GO PACK GO!

Freak Out
Lets goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

gbgary
01-23-2011, 01:58 PM
terry bradshaw picked the bears...that's a good omen for us.

SavedByGrace
01-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Clay, destroy Cutler and AJ, dish out some concussions today!!!

gbgary
01-23-2011, 02:00 PM
COME ON PACKERS!!!!

Freak Out
01-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Rodgers beard mojo.

red
01-23-2011, 02:01 PM
dude can fucking sing

still nowhere close to when he does it at a hawks game

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 02:01 PM
I gotta say the national anthem by this guy last week was about the coolest I've seen.

red
01-23-2011, 02:02 PM
game on boys

red
01-23-2011, 02:02 PM
bears still suck

bears still suck

bears still suck

bears still suck

bears still suck

Tarlam!
01-23-2011, 02:03 PM
game on boys

I can hardly swallow, and my mouth is just dry as bone....

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Superfan is late again. I can't start watching until he gets here.

red

same here, and i'm feeling a little sick

HarveyWallbangers
That's probably good. He's been late for every game. Got keep things the same as the last two weeks. :)

red
01-23-2011, 02:06 PM
we get ball first

lets throw some points up

Freak Out

I suggest beer.

Packers4Glory
our ST blow.. they alone scare the hell out of me this game

Fosco33
01-23-2011, 02:07 PM
EPIC - let's do this!! Make us proud again.

red
great fucking catch

Iron Mike
Wasn't that Bear DB leading with his helmet???

red
01-23-2011, 02:08 PM
bears are fucked

a-rod gonna eat them alive

mmmdk
GJ earned that catch.

Fosco33
Nice start!

gbgary
throwing on first down...both of them. awesome!

mmmdk
And another!

Fosco33
01-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Man - the fans are quiet!

Packers4Glory
geezus my heart is racing! lets go boys!

mmmdk
Starks better Runner than returner!

gbgary
keep it up mm!

Fosco33
01-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Punch it in w/ Kuhn

red
wow, punch it in with raji

mmmdk
F@ck yeah!

gbgary
01-23-2011, 02:11 PM
play action

red
fucking perfect, awesome playfake

great call by MM

mmmdk
Raji in...they gonna pass?

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 02:12 PM
There's that fast start! fuck yeah.

Come on ST and defense!

red
that is exactly how you start a huge game. very impressive

Iron Mike
Let's just recap what we had to live with all week:

Q: What can the Bears do to stop the Packer's Offense???

A: APPARENTLY NOTHING!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Fosco33
01-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Fuck yeah - 3 completions for 20+ yards and a running TD w/ the misdirection of Raji. Classic start - love it.

Now - hold on the ST and get a 3 out. Let's blown these clowns out of town.

gbgary
took top a wide a turn on the fake but made it. fantastic.

mmmdk
fucking perfect, awesome playfake

great call by MM

Nice setup from last week - I knew they were gonna do it otherwise.

pbmax
Wel, its exactly as I drew it up. Poor special teams and Aaron Rodgers. Plus one very good run by Starks.

Jimx29
http://blog.beliefnet.com/moviemom/What-me-worry-715605.jpg

Packers4Glory
turning shit field position into Gold.

lets keep it rolling. a 3 and out would be a big buzz kill in that stadium.

Freak Out
01-23-2011, 02:14 PM
¡Boyar!

pbmax
01-23-2011, 02:14 PM
Loved the way Starks (and Rodgers) refused to go down on first contact.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 02:15 PM
UH oh. Clifton hurt.

Jimx29
ya need to smoke out the back of the endzone MM

Packers4Glory
ugh. Chicago always to win the field position battle. we start inside the 20, and can't do that all game. they start at the 35.

red
01-23-2011, 02:16 PM
see, they squib and the bears get a return attempt and the ball at the 35, why not just kick out of bounds and eliminate the return attempt?

mmmdk
Another crappy kick off....yet it won't stop us!

Fosco33
Need Clifton to be ok...

gbgary
hope clifton is ok

Packers4Glory
I hope Clifton doesn't have a concussion. that would be a killer.

red
01-23-2011, 02:17 PM
come on d

pbmax
01-23-2011, 02:17 PM
3-3 and Bishop nice job sorting through trash

pbmax
01-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Someone got out of the throwing lane.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Someone got out of the throwing lane.

Nice read by Cutler and Forte

Packers4Glory
for Fuck sake! Forte is their only real true consistent weapon. he is a HUGE part of their offense. KNOW WHERE HE IS!

gbgary
forte is all they've got when passing. got to cover him.

Bretsky
UH oh. Clifton hurt.

this would be a terrible loss today

Fosco33
Big 3rd down to hold a fg

red
nice pressure, good coverage

pbmax
01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Hoo Boy, Hester open on Peprah/

red
whew, nice stop

Fosco33
Alright D - settle in.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Not 3 and out but it counts the same on the scoreboard.l

Packers4Glory
here we go.

I've been saying it all week.

field position.

red
fire it up again a-rod

kill them before they figure us out

MadScientist
01-23-2011, 02:22 PM
here we go.

I've been saying it all week.

field position.

Just means the TD drives for the Packers will eat more clock.

pbmax
JSO called league and reported kick off is to occur at 2:05pm.

Belated thanks to esoxx

Guiness
for Fuck sake! Forte is their only real true consistent weapon. he is a HUGE part of their offense. KNOW WHERE HE IS!

I remember being frustated with that and Roddy White last week.

Freak Out
Hester vs Pep scares me.

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 02:23 PM
fire it up again a-rod

kill them before they figure us out

I'll take a few 1sts and get out near the 50. gotta switch this field position game.

wpony
another td sure would quite down there fans and put a fire under arod

pbmax
TJ Lang! Pro Bowler on his first play for standing still

Freak Out
Nice hold TJ.

Packers4Glory
fuck. no clifton.. SCREWED

red
clifton out lang in

great run

wpony
Starks :)

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Clifton out; that will make today a lot more tough
We'll probably be keeping Quarless in

mmmdk
STARKS

Iron Mike
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Starks already have 5x the yards Forte does??

MUAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!

Guiness
Who's in at LT? #70? Is that Lang?

edit: yup, I see it is. They rip off a couple of runs to get him grounded.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Run when they expect pass. Pass when they think run. I think I have seen this work before!

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Crafty Play call by MM and it worked
Wth Clifton out this offense may be more conservative

pbmax
Lang yes, and nearly a completion

Jimx29
ruh roh...

mmmdk
Awesome call on 2nd down!

pbmax
Crafty Play call by MM and it worked
Wth Clifton out this offense may be more conservative

Maybe not so much.

gbgary
are we averaging 10 yards a carry?

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 02:27 PM
BAD throw by AROD

red
timing off on the long passes

shit field = slow WR's

Freak Out
We need Cliffy.

Packers4Glory
fuck. Clifton out is going to kill us.

Iron Mike
Lang is gonna need some help.....

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Packer receivers looking for phantom PI calls - just play!

Freak Out
01-23-2011, 02:28 PM
O needs to calm down......TJ needs help.

Jimx29
01-23-2011, 02:29 PM
anyone have an idea who it was that sang the national anthem?

Packers4Glory
well the good news is we now have the field position battle. The D has to do its job

pbmax
Man. They never run one guy to the middle of the field short.

TJ has got to stiffen up.

mmmdk
Kuhn must've hit that knee pretty hard on Cliffy; this is troublesome!

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 02:30 PM
we need a RB or TE to go out and hit Peppers and kill his head start and then Lang can take it from there
MM will have to scale back our offensive plan if Clifton does not return

red
01-23-2011, 02:30 PM
anyone have an idea who it was that sang the national anthem?

Jim cornelison

he does the anthem at all the blackhawks games

pbmax
01-23-2011, 02:31 PM
we need a RB or TE to go out and hit Peppers and kill his head start and then Lang can take it from there
MM will have to scale back our offensive plan if Clifton does not return

No don't scale back. ZChip him as you suggested.

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Chuck with the stop!

pbmax
3 man sack. Jenkins and Matthews

red
FUCK CUTLER!!!!!!!

that a way D