PDA

View Full Version : I don't care if we win...

ND72
01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
McCarthy is fucking horrible.

Charles Woodson
01-23-2011, 05:16 PM
I am happy to eat crow for saying that. McCarthy, hats off to you. We're in the super bowl baby

packerbacker1234
01-23-2011, 05:29 PM

We're in the Super Bowl. Our first one since the 90's. Um, may not have liked how we started to get cute a bit, but he deserves coach of the year honors. How the hell we got the super bowl with all we had to deal with is nothing short of a miracle.

You may not like his play calling, but their is more to coaching then just hte play calls, and frankly, I think he is the perfect coach for the players we presently have.

swede
01-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Running Starks out of bounds with about 4:30 left and a lead was brilliant coaching...so unexpected.

packerbacker1234
01-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Running Starks out of bounds with about 4:30 left and a lead was brilliant coaching...so unexpected.

I doubt he told starks "Hey man, run out of bounds". I'm sure he was suppsoed to stay in bounds. Rookie mistake of not knowing the situation.

gbpackfan
01-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Ya, cause McCarthy was on the field pulling him out of bounds. Stop your bitching people. SUPER BOWL!!!!!

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2011, 05:39 PM

I have to admit, I didn't see that one coming either.

McCarthy and Rodgers sort of shit themselves in the second half, but to be honest, McCarthy hired Capers and for that he should be commended.

Capers and the Defense out did themselves today. They were out on the field for the entire second half and they may have bent, but they didn't break.

Ted Thompson looks like an albino goat.

swede
01-23-2011, 05:40 PM
I doubt he told starks "Hey man, run out of bounds". I'm sure he was suppsoed to stay in bounds. Rookie mistake of not knowing the situation.

I'm sure you are right. High school basketball players understand the importance of time management, though. Pro football players often times not so much.

packerbacker1234
01-23-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm sure you are right. High school basketball players understand the importance of time management, though. Pro football players often times not so much.

Starks was more concerened it seemed with fighting for yards versus blowing a bears TO. Again, rookies make this mistake all the time because they just go with their normal instincts. Just a situation where a more veteran back comes in handy. Grant would of been a difference maker in this style of game, but hey, we won.

Regardess of winning or losing the super bowl - look at the talent we get back next year and you ahve to wonder how anyone beats us, assuming we can hold onto capers.

esoxx
01-23-2011, 05:45 PM

Seriously???

You're disqualified from further discourse.

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Starks really didn't have any where to go. It was a stretch play to the outside with no cut back lanes with blockers right in front of him. It would have been hard to hit the ground or cut it up any where.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 05:50 PM

Tell that to Chris Webber. :)

Starks was caught up in the moment and fighting for every inch, not realizing that staying in bounds was worth more than six more yards.

pbmax
01-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Starks really didn't have any where to go. It was a stretch play to the outside with no cut back lanes with blockers right in front of him. It would have been hard to hit the ground or cut it up any where.

I think ANY cutback lane would have yielded more yards and not run the risk of out of bounds. He did this several times. He went wide searching for a bigger gain and found nothing. Had he cut it at any point, at worst it was no gain and clock still runs.

Tarlam!
01-23-2011, 05:51 PM

Chill bro: "And Hope does not disappoint." Romans 5:5

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Chill bro: "And Hope does not disappoint." Romans 5:5

Ok! But Thor said: HAMMER TIME AFC !

packerbacker1234
01-23-2011, 06:10 PM

Also as another response: Hey, you can take your MM hate and keep salivating it. He was apparently the right man for the job, because it's been 10+ years since we have been to the super bowl, and we almost got there in 2007 with... oh yeah, MM as our head coach.

ND72
01-23-2011, 06:13 PM
If he wins us the trophy I will keep hating...it has worked so far I guess. Play calls were not to lose in 2nd half instead of nailing the coffin.

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 06:16 PM
You can be a Championship head coach when you're golden from monday till saturday...then topsy turvy on sundays. I believe.

SkinBasket
01-23-2011, 06:28 PM

I'm with the band. McCarthy looked like Tecmo Bowl out there today. 8 plays all game. And when the bears figured them out... same 8 plays.