PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls

esoxx
01-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Feel free to add your own or disagree:

1. Ted Thompson - Assembled high quality roster of talented players. Thanks Ted!
2. Mike McCarthy - Assembled coaching staff of high quality to cultivate talented roster. Thanks Mike!
3. B.J. Raji - Legend in the making. One of the biggest plays in NFC Championship history.
4. Dom Capers - For masterful schemes, including the zone blitz that fooled Mr. Hanie into an horrible error.
5. Sam Shields - Big time performance.
6. Greg Jennings - Check the stat sheet.
7. Jordy Nelson - Cluth catches.
8. James Starks - Ran hard, took what he could get, didn't turn the ball over.
9. Chicago Bears fans - Because we now own your asses forever!!!

Iron Mike
01-23-2011, 05:59 PM
9. Chicago Bears fans - Because we now own your asses forever!!!

I wonder how long it's gonna take for them to have it sink in that their storied rival just walked into their own house and punked them for their own trophy??

Enough with the Halas, now we're headed to Dallas......

wootah
01-23-2011, 06:01 PM
I keep repeating it; Masthay was awesome.

red
01-23-2011, 06:03 PM
I keep repeating it; Masthay was awesome.

not just mashtay but the whole special teams really showed up to play today, great punting and kicking and real nice coverage

that asshat slocum should get a little credit i guess

ND72
01-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Matstay was awesome

esoxx
01-23-2011, 08:21 PM
10. Tim Masthay - helped keep Uncle Hester to JACK SQUAT

11. Cullen Jenkins - calf feels better Baby!

ND72
01-23-2011, 08:38 PM
I am gonna give props to the oL...wasn't pretty, but good enough.

bobblehead
01-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Chad Fucking Clifton. He left for a series, watched his replacement get treated like a punch clown, and gutted it out to return and play well.

mraynrand
01-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Chad Fucking Clifton. He left for a series, watched his replacement get treated like a punch clown, and gutted it out to return and play well.

yup

pbmax
01-23-2011, 11:22 PM
I am gonna give props to the oL...wasn't pretty, but good enough.

You ain't whistling Dixie. Run game worked in first half. Pass blocking was pretty solid with few (if any) missed assignments. One or two unnecessary penalties, but not too shabby.

It all comes down to Colledge being there to anchor the unit with his unwavering mediocrity.

mraynrand
01-23-2011, 11:27 PM
I gotta take one game ball away from Stubby for that goal line F-up on thrid down in the third quarter. That's where Stubby needed to be Stubby. Play it tight - very safe stuff and take the FG if you don't get in. Half way through the third - 17 points is as good as 21 against an offense struggling as mightily as Chicago. Otherwise, excellent gameplanning again (e.g. Going after Harris repeatedly, getting that inside leverage on the d-back with the safety too deep)