PDA

View Full Version : WTF

esoxx
01-23-2011, 06:05 PM
For the first time since the trophy was named the "George S. Halas" trophy, it was not awarded to the team who won on the field, but rather in the anonymity of the visting locker room.

OH, WE WOULD HATE TO OFFEND THE SENSIBILITIES OF THE BEAR FANS & ORGANIZATION BY PRESENTING IT ON THE FIELD!

YOU PATHETIC PUSSIES!!!

You can run, but you can't hide.

ND72
01-23-2011, 06:08 PM
I wondered about that!

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 06:08 PM
I kill bears! Welcome to my new life. :smack:

green_bowl_packer
01-23-2011, 06:10 PM
I FUCKIN KNEW IT. COWARDS.

Tarlam!
01-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Ya think they'd have presented The Cup in Da Bears locker room had the result been different? It's just another piece of evidence to prove how classless that organization is. I remember when the Giants celebrated at Lambeau.... Our favourite team has class, simple as that.

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Ya think they'd have presented The Cup in Da Bears locker room had the result been different? It's just another piece of evidence to prove how classless that organization is. I remember when the Giants celebrated at Lambeau.... Our favourite team has class, simple as that.

I don't mind the Giants - at all - they gave us LOMBARDI.

THANKSTED (yes, he did that too) :lol:

MJZiggy
01-23-2011, 06:29 PM
For the first time since the trophy was named the "George S. Halas" trophy, it was not awarded to the team who won on the field, but rather in the anonymity of the visting locker room.

OH, WE WOULD HATE TO OFFEND THE SENSIBILITIES OF THE BEAR FANS & ORGANIZATION BY PRESENTING IT ON THE FIELD!

YOU PATHETIC PUSSIES!!!

You can run, but you can't hide.

I wondered about that. They may as well have done it on the field. God knows those fair weather bear fans were long gone by the time they'd have done it.

gbpackfan
01-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Typical. From Lovie, to Cutler to the front office - they are a bunch of pussies!!!!

esoxx
01-23-2011, 06:37 PM
I wondered about that. They may as well have done it on the field. God knows those fair weather bear fans were long gone by the time they'd have done it.

It had nothing to do with how many Bear fans were left. They could never have lived it down with a Packer holding up the Halas Trophy in Solider Field. Any footage of that would have had people turning in their graves.

Better to have a small cermony out of the way in the locker room.

Just another reason to remember the Bears are our #1 rival, but now our bitch until further notice.

Suck it hard Chicago!!!

gbgary
01-23-2011, 06:37 PM
still think bradshaw, and to a lessor extent mm (i'll forgive him for just being excited), dis'd tt who was standing there on the podium but got no love.

MJZiggy
01-23-2011, 06:39 PM
still think bradshaw, and to a lessor extent mm (i'll forgive him for just being excited), dis'd tt who was standing there on the podium but got no love.

Bradshaw called them both and MM stepped in front, but TT didn't step forward. I don't think he minded that MM stepped in front of him.

gbgary
01-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Bradshaw called them both and MM stepped in front, but TT didn't step forward. I don't think he minded that MM stepped in front of him.

oops, missed that. i'll take it back then. bradshaw still sucks though...he issued a bf reference.

green_bowl_packer
01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
bill michaels just said on the post game that it was agreed upon between the Packers and the Bears for security reasons to do it in the locker room. my feeling is that a bunch of drunk, quido, bear fans would start tossing garbage on the field and/or at the packers.

esoxx
01-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Why would the Packers agree, makes no sense. But what are they going to do, argue about it?

The Bears were the host, Packers were guests so they didn't make a fuss.

It's The Ultimate Pussy Move by the Bears orginization and we should never let them forget it.

Ever.

swede
01-23-2011, 07:04 PM
bill michaels just said on the post game that it was agreed upon between the Packers and the Bears for security reasons to do it in the locker room. my feeling is that a bunch of drunk, quido, bear fans would start tossing garbage on the field and/or at the packers.

They could do no worse than the garbage Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith have already tossed at us.

red
01-23-2011, 07:17 PM
total classless move by a classless organization

and shows how little class their fans have if the team is scared of something stupid happening

Cheesehead Craig
01-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Who cares, the Pack won the damn game... at their place. Suck it Chicago!

gbgary
01-23-2011, 07:22 PM
they should have brought the confetti cannons into the lockeroom.

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2011, 07:28 PM
I think it is BS. Tough nuts to Chicago they didn't win suck it up and let a team celebrate like all other NFC Champions have done in the past

esoxx
01-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Gee, look at that. The Steelers get honored with the AFC Championship trophy on the field, like it's a big deal

We get the NFC Championship trophy in a turkish bath house disguised as the visting locker room at Solider Field.

Gawd I hate the Bears. No class punks.

green_bowl_packer
01-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Should bring that trophy with us every time we play in Chicago from now on and display it on the sideline to remind them.

Scott Campbell
01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
The Bedpan is so fugly that I'd rather we celebrated in the bowels of their filthy stadium anyway.

Gunakor
01-23-2011, 11:31 PM
I've never hated the Bears more than I do today. Ever.

Security concerns? That's the issue? Hire better security guards if that's the case. Demand that the Chicago Police Department do their jobs first and support their team second. Green Bay earned the right to celebrate at the 50 yard line. They earned the right to dance on Chicago's C while America watched. The Green Bay faithful who remained in the stands long after the final whistle blew deserved the right to celebrate with them. Shit just got more personal. I fucking hate the Bears.

mraynrand
01-23-2011, 11:32 PM

Security concerns? That's the issue? Hire better security guards if that's the case. Demand that the Chicago Police Department do their jobs first and support their team second. Green Bay earned the right to celebrate at the 50 yard line. They earned the right to dance on Chicago's C while America watched. The Green Bay faithful who remained in the stands long after the final whistle blew deserved the right to celebrate with them. Shit just got more personal. I fucking hate the Bears.

Damn straight

gbgary
01-23-2011, 11:45 PM

Damn straight

yup

pbmax
01-24-2011, 12:27 AM
When did they change the trophies? The old ones looked like bookends, but the new one looked like my digital TV receiver.

http://www.globalnews.ca/money/2094031.bin?size=sw620nws

GrnBay007
01-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Really disappointed they pulled that BS in Chicago! Didn't really sink in until I saw the Steelers celebrating on the field with their fans being able to witness it. I feel bad for the Packer fans that were at the game and couldn't do that when they received the trophy. Really, really low class!! I hope there are enough complaints about this that it will never happen again.

pbmax
01-24-2011, 12:53 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04zYa9qfWG26t/x610.jpg

vince
01-24-2011, 04:00 AM
They just changed the trophy this year. It's a branding thing. The NFL wanted to update the conference championship trophies to coordinate with and build-up to the Lombardi trophy. I don't like 'em either.

I think the celebration in the lockerroom is a non-issue. Just my opinion.

Gunakor
01-24-2011, 05:52 AM
I think the celebration in the lockerroom is a non-issue. Just my opinion.

It's a non issue to me, other than my dream of seeing Thompson and McCarthy holding the Halas trophy while standing on the C in the middle of Soldier Field. I was watching from the climate controlled comfort of my living room sofa. But I'd imagine it may have been somewhat of an issue to the Packer fans that had come down to field level and stayed there for quite awhile after the game was over, in the cold, hoping to share in the celebration like the fans in Pittsburgh were able to. I'd think maybe some of those fans felt a bit cheated. I know that's how I would feel if I were there.

It's the excuse that really bugs me. Security concerns? There were no Bears fans left in Lovie's spaceship. And even if there were, you can't possibly expect me to believe that CPD is ill-equipped to deal with liquored up out of control Bears fans. The celebration should have taken place on the field. That's the way it's done. Had the Bears won the game that's the way it would have happened. Had it been any other NFC opponent the Bears were playing today that's the way it would have happened. But because it's the Packers, all of a sudden stadium security and the Chicago Police Department can't handle it? Bullshit. They're sore losers. Fuck the Bears.

vince
01-24-2011, 06:24 AM
You make damn good arguments Gunk.

RashanGary
01-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Why would the Packers agree, makes no sense. But what are they going to do, argue about it?

The Bears were the host, Packers were guests so they didn't make a fuss.

It's The Ultimate Pussy Move by the Bears orginization and we should never let them forget it.

Ever.

I noticed it too. Didn't think much of it, thought it was because it wasn't their field. But now that you mention it this way, yeah, that's bull shit. The Packers earned the right to celebrate that trophy and the Bears earned the right to have to watch it.

Joemailman
01-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Really disappointed they pulled that BS in Chicago! Didn't really sink in until I saw the Steelers celebrating on the field with their fans being able to witness it. I feel bad for the Packer fans that were at the game and couldn't do that when they received the trophy. Really, really low class!! I hope there are enough complaints about this that it will never happen again.

It won't happen again. Bears used up about a decade's worth of luck this year. It'll be a long time before they host another NFC Title Game.

pbmax
01-24-2011, 10:01 AM
It won't happen again. Bears used up about a decade's worth of luck this year. It'll be a long time before they host another NFC Title Game.

I don't know what to make of the Bears. Playing the Packers, they seem more than qualified to make the playoffs. But several games made them look like a 500 team.

Lovie improved his coaching staff (definitely with Tice and probably with Marinelli) and found a way to work with Martz. Martz installed a big boy offense and then was able (or was forced) to change the offense to work with the talent on hand. His stock probably rises overall, though Martz probably gets dinged for the start of the season and the insistence on having Collins on the roster. (Dan Patrick has a Chicago Comcast reporter indicating Martz's desire for a vet brought in Collins and Hanie's injury landed him number 2 on the depth chart).

I think if Chicago is smart they keep it together. Even if Martz gets a shot somewhere (or wants to run a truer version of his offense with a different QB), Lovie should be smart enough to keep a proven pass system for Cutler plus the run game rather than the strange collection of systems he tried before.