PDA

View Full Version : Home or Away?

Brando19
01-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't the home field advantage (what jersey you wear) decided by a coin toss? I think the Packers should choose to wear the away jerseys because we've been unstoppable on the road. I think the Giants in 07 chose the same thing.

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 07:49 PM
HEADS !

vince
01-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I'm pretty sure it alternates each year, unless it's changed.

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2011, 07:51 PM
I have know idea, although I do know the Packers wore their whites against the Broncos in the 1997 Super Bowl and the lost.

Brando19
01-23-2011, 07:52 PM
I have know idea, although I do know the Packers wore their whites against the Broncos in the 1997 Super Bowl and the lost.

Very true.

Iron Mike
01-23-2011, 07:52 PM

Remember, though.....the Broncos were cheating on the salary cap.

esoxx
01-23-2011, 07:53 PM
It's typically alternating.

Packers in green.

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 07:54 PM
How about Packers 2010 throwback uniform? :lol: I like it!

Brando19
01-23-2011, 07:54 PM
It's typically alternating.

Packers in green.

Packers in green this year? That's ok...we only lost one at home this year.

Brando19
01-23-2011, 07:55 PM
How about Packers 2010 throwback uniform? :lol: I like it!

Haha...we are 1-0 in them.

gbgary
01-23-2011, 07:56 PM
i've got another question (don't mean to threadjack and i'll use white text as not to alert the football gods)...but if we win the SB...does al get a ring?

mmmdk
01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Haha...we are 1-0 in them.

Unbeaten!

Brando19
01-23-2011, 08:05 PM
i've got another question (don't mean to threadjack and i'll use white text as not to alert the football gods)...but if we win the SB...does al get a ring?

Hahaha...that white text is pretty cool. Good question. I doubt it because he played for the Dolphins this year. I wish he would.

Bretsky
01-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Packers in green this year? That's ok...we only lost one at home this year.

Yes, the one I went to :(

pbmax
01-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Hahaha...that white text is pretty cool. Good question. I doubt it because he played for the Dolphins this year. I wish he would.

I bet he gets one, he was on the roster this year for 9 games or so. I think last time the Packers won, everyone who was on the roster at some point got a ring.

gbgary
01-23-2011, 08:11 PM

so they don't do it like baseball?

gbgary
01-23-2011, 08:12 PM
I bet he gets one, he was on the roster this year for 9 games or so. I think last time the Packers won, everyone who was on the roster at some point got a ring.

i hope so!

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Yes, the one I went to :(

Loser

swede
01-23-2011, 08:22 PM

If only Bretsky had had a venue to tell the world...1997 might have turned out differently:(

Smidgeon
01-23-2011, 09:04 PM

Well, isn't a lot of that determined by the team? Besides current roster (and whatever other standards are in play--maybe players who were on the team but aren't anymore), the team (i.e. I'm assuming management) chooses who gets rings.

TravisWilliams23
01-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Last year the Saints from the NFC wore their white jerseys so this year the NFC-Packers should wear their dark green home jersey.

The Packers won super bowl II wearing their white away jerseys when they beat the Raiders.

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2011, 10:01 PM
We are 2-0 in the Super Bowl wearing our green jerseys. :)

Joemailman
01-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey Harv! Did you have chips?

easy cheesy
01-23-2011, 10:03 PM

Ahem....

gbgary
01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
We are 2-0 in the Super Bowl wearing our green jerseys. :)

but right now we've got a nice run going in the white.

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
but right now we've got a nice run going in the white.

We have a nice run in green also. 5 in a row. :)

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Hey Harv! Did you have chips?

Actually, no. I ate at Chili's before the game. Superfan showed up late again, and he brought a pizza. We never even threw it in.

bobblehead
01-23-2011, 10:34 PM

He was never on the 53, but if the team has any discretion give the man a ring.

mission
01-23-2011, 10:35 PM
He was never on the 53, but if the team has any discretion give the man a ring.

I'd be fine with it but would you think he'd even want it aside from the potential monetary value?

Lurker64
01-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Well, isn't a lot of that determined by the team? Besides current roster (and whatever other standards are in play--maybe players who were on the team but aren't anymore), the team (i.e. I'm assuming management) chooses who gets rings.

The NFL pays for 150 rings for the winning team, and the winning team can choose to hand them out however they like. So if we win two weeks from now, Justin Harrell may finally get his superbowl ring!

Smidgeon
01-24-2011, 11:31 AM
The NFL pays for 150 rings for the winning team, and the winning team can choose to hand them out however they like. So if we win two weeks from now, Justin Harrell may finally get his superbowl ring!

So 150 rings breaks down among active members, IR players, practice squaders, coaches, GM and scouts, "owners", etc? That probably doesn't leave many left over for anyone else, but I could be using fuzzy math.

gbgary
01-24-2011, 11:39 AM
and not all the rings get real diamonds

Packgator
01-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't the home field advantage (what jersey you wear) decided by a coin toss? I think the Packers should choose to wear the away jerseys because we've been unstoppable on the road. I think the Giants in 07 chose the same thing.

The NFC is the home team this year. The home team selects which jersey they will wear. Thus.....the Packers get to choose which jerseys they will wear in the Super Bowl.

Joemailman
01-24-2011, 08:15 PM
McCarthy has said they will wear the Green jerseys - their choice as home team.

Fritz
01-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Green is good.

Give Al a ring.

And really, had we not all done our parts over this Super Bowl run (I love typing that!) the Pack would never have gotten there. Bretsky's doomsday predictions. PB's "Read This and Learn More" threads. All of us. We should get rings.

Little Whiskey
01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
We should get rings.

with real diamonds or the fakes?

Little Whiskey
01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
MM said he always prefers to wear the green jerseys

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 09:12 PM

I'd pay money to see him in a Packer uni. I think it would be hysterical to make Pro football coaches wear unis like baseball managers. Imagine Rex Ryan and Bill Parcells - and Marty Mornihnweg suited up!

gbgary
01-24-2011, 10:18 PM
be careful when using the R word. the football gods may be lurking. all this talk, out in the open, about al getting a ring may get noticed. please use the white text when talking about rings that they may win. thanks for your consideration. carry on.

HarveyWallbangers
01-24-2011, 11:01 PM

Good. I like our greens more, and the Steelers look more intimidating in their home blacks.

Smeefers
01-25-2011, 08:02 AM
I read on ESPN that this year the Packers are considered the home team. That alternates every year between the NFC and the AFC. As the home team, the packers can choose between their home or away colors.

source: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/23313/page/espntexas/free-head-exam-green-bay-packers-18

Pugger
01-25-2011, 08:09 AM

That's too bad because there are several thousand 'owners' like me who would love a ring too! ;-)

MichiganPackerFan
01-25-2011, 12:39 PM

I was wondering about this too, and I hope he does get one. My other questions is, do the players on IR attend the game on the sideline? From what I understand, they don't generally travel with the team: Tauscher was an exception.

HarveyWallbangers
01-25-2011, 01:07 PM
I thought I saw Finley on the sideline during one of the playoff games.

Smidgeon
01-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I was wondering about this too, and I hope he does get one. My other questions is, do the players on IR attend the game on the sideline? From what I understand, they don't generally travel with the team: Tauscher was an exception.

Don't they have a choice? I think the Packers encouraged Tauscher, but it was still up to him. I'd assume plenty of players would want to rehab on their own...

mraynrand
01-25-2011, 01:50 PM
I think it depends on the balance between the excitement of being there among your buds as they win or being depressed that you can't participate. Most of the 'big' IR guys were there in Chicago.

I recall in '96 Robert Brooks was all over the place taking tons of photos at the Superbowl.

Smeefers
01-26-2011, 07:30 AM
Just heard on the Radio that the IR Pack are invited to the Super Bowl and can participate with all the stuff going on that day. Finely is pissed because all the IR players arn't taking part in the picture. The team gave some vanilla reason for not inviting them along for picture day (2 days before the SB when all the IR guys are flying out the day of the SB). Easy fix? Just invite those guys. Who cares? My problem is more with Finely cryin like a little baby, going all over the twitterverse and complaining, going on Sportscenter to complain, and then have the gall to say "i'm not trying to create a distraction." Whatever, put the pacifier in his mouth to quiet him up. Let him stand up in the picture.

swede
01-26-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm being swayed gradually to the "This is a Finley Mouth Problem Not a Packer Organization Problem" point of view.

MichiganPackerFan
01-26-2011, 08:16 AM
I think the whole twitter thing is getting overblown. Players don't think of twitter as press releases, just a means of chatting about their thoughts. It's easy to see why Finley would think he's being slighted by not being in the picture. The unstated is that it's probably easy for him to see the logistics and move on. Barnett's response was certainly indicative of that. Non-story: move on. Finley will be back next year and help pave the road back to the SuperBowl.

Patler
01-26-2011, 09:05 AM
If the Packers are "home" they should get to use the Cowboys locker room, which I suspect is very plush. I hope they don't get spoiled!

denverYooper
01-26-2011, 09:46 AM
I think the whole twitter thing is getting overblown. Players don't think of twitter as press releases, just a means of chatting about their thoughts. It's easy to see why Finley would think he's being slighted by not being in the picture. The unstated is that it's probably easy for him to see the logistics and move on. Barnett's response was certainly indicative of that. Non-story: move on. Finley will be back next year and help pave the road back to the SuperBowl.

Pretty much this.

Patler
01-26-2011, 09:52 AM

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how the players think of twitter. When they use it, sportswriter and commentators jump all over it. Many have admitted to following certain players daily, just for the quotable nuggets from them. Bill Michaels has acknowledged this many times, and has mentioned both Finley and Barnett as ones he follows daily because they talk so freely. With that being the reality of it, the players need to start thinking about it as a press release, especially when it leads to their appearances on sports talk shows to discuss their comments.

mraynrand
01-26-2011, 10:01 AM
If the Packers are "home" they should get to use the Cowboys locker room, which I suspect is very plush. I hope they don't get spoiled!

Won't they all just bring their own lockers? I thought they were all made portable when TT had Favre's shipped to Kiln.

Patler
01-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Won't they all just bring their own lockers? I thought they were all made portable when TT had Favre's shipped to Kiln.

For some reason, the word "kindling" comes to mind when I think of how TT sent Favre's locker to him.

mraynrand
01-26-2011, 11:18 AM
For some reason, the word "kindling" comes to mind when I think of how TT sent Favre's locker to him.

Deanna, I know my locker is in here somewhere!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-yuw8l1EMjUhQcN0cJWbyplCw5GaZnHGj7Voj57umU2YWtKda&t=1

Patler
01-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Deanna, I know my locker is in here somewhere!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-yuw8l1EMjUhQcN0cJWbyplCw5GaZnHGj7Voj57umU2YWtKda&t=1

:lol: :lol:

Fritz
01-26-2011, 01:29 PM
PHOTOSHOP! Then they can all be in the picture. Even Don Hutson.