PDA

View Full Version : It's about time...

Merlin
01-23-2011, 08:02 PM
As many people know, I am no where near a Thompson supporter. I think he picked up some good players but also passed on some that could have gotten us here sooner. In the end, the defense was the difference and to me that's a problem.

Despised the love of the media for Mathews, our defense has been consistent. Our offense, inconsistent as they come. I don't recall Favre ever posting a sub 70 passer rating winning a playoff game. I do recall many, and I mean many people blaming Favre for playoff loses for performances better than Rodgers today.

Too bad there are people still blaming Favre for the 2007 loss. Many of them now sporting big chubbbies that we are in the super bowl. It's time to movement from Favre but if I see any more idiots claimed Rodgers is god and Favre sucked, I will be all over them like white on rice.

It's a team game and this TEAM made it.

Let the bashing commence...

Joemailman
01-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Did you say something?

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2011, 08:11 PM
fuck, I didn't understand a goddamn thing you wrote

pbmax
01-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Good to see you, welcome back.

Travbrew
01-23-2011, 08:22 PM
As many people know, I am no where near a Thompson supporter. I think he picked up some good players but also passed on some that could have gotten us here sooner. In the end, the defense was the difference and to me that's a problem.

Despised the love of the media for Mathews, our defense has been consistent. Our offense, inconsistent as they come. I don't recall Favre ever posting a sub 70 passer rating winning a playoff game. I do recall many, and I mean many people blaming Favre for playoff loses for performances better than Rodgers today.

Too bad there are people still blaming Favre for the 2007 loss. Many of them now sporting big chubbbies that we are in the super bowl. It's time to movement from Favre but if I see any more idiots claimed Rodgers is god and Favre sucked, I will be all over them like white on rice.

Wow!
Defense was the difference, but it that's the problem? I guess that's why you're not an NFL GM, huh?
Of whom did TT pass on that would have gotten the Pack to the SB sooner, Nostradamus?

Seriously, I'm glad you crawled out from under the rock you've been hiding under, I can always use a laugh now and then.
You say the team made it...who put the team together? OMG you contradict yourself by just breathing.

Let the bashing commence? Seruously? You start a thread with that weak shit? What's the purpose of the thread?

Quit being such a tool. Admit you're a Brent ball washer and we'll accept your caca with a grain of salt.

mission
01-23-2011, 08:24 PM
GTFO

You don't deserve any of this.

Brando19
01-23-2011, 08:28 PM
You ain't no Packer fan...delete this freaking thread. This is a time of celebration.

Travbrew
01-23-2011, 08:31 PM
You ain't no Packer fan...delete this freaking thread. This is a time of celebration.

Absolutely! Great reply!

mission
01-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Seriously I wish we had a couple mods around here.

The Favre thread is dead. Lock it like they do everywhere else around the net.

And get rid of this troll shit.

Guiness
01-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Like the big (ok, not really) chubbie Brett sent a picture of to Sterger?

Which playoff loss that he played well in are you talking about? The one to Atlanta, our first ever playoff loss at Lambeau, or the 6 int performance at HOME against St-Louis? Certainly you can't be talking about the loss to NYG, where, by all accounts, Sherman almost had to beg him to come out for the second half?

Go away. Nobody missed you.

Travbrew
01-23-2011, 08:33 PM

This

pbmax
01-23-2011, 08:34 PM
C'mon boys, lets bask in the reflected glory of another Super Bowl berth. Not arguing over old beefs.

ND72
01-23-2011, 08:37 PM
The funny part is he answered his own bashing. Because of the team TT built, we dont need someONE to carry us. And, frankly, you proved another point because when Farce sucked, he killed our team so badly we stood no chance. Screw Brett favre and his one ring, Rodgers will have just as many soon.

SkinBasket
01-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Merlin's always been an idiot. Winning ain't gunna make him any smarter.

If someone can still question the team Ted's built after a season with injuries like this, then he needs to go fist himself with Ben Gay. And some hot sauce. Preferably while trying self-asphyxiation on a wobbly stool.

esoxx
01-23-2011, 09:05 PM

+1

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2011, 09:05 PM

If someone can still question the team Ted's built after a season with injuries like this, then he needs to go fist himself with Ben Gay. And some hot sauce. Preferably while trying self-asphyxiation on a wobbly stool.

What are you doing later tonight?

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Like the big (ok, not really) chubbie Brett sent a picture of to Sterger?

Which playoff loss that he played well in are you talking about? The one to Atlanta, our first ever playoff loss at Lambeau, or the 6 int performance at HOME against St-Louis? Certainly you can't be talking about the loss to NYG, where, by all accounts, Sherman almost had to beg him to come out for the second half?

Go away. Nobody missed you.

McCarthy was actually the head coach against NYG.

Scott Campbell
01-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Thank god they listened to Merlin and fired Thompson before it was too late.

Freak Out
01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
How bout them Jets?

Joemailman
01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
I just wish TT had signed Randy Moss before they fired him.

esoxx
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
What are you doing later tonight?

Homo

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Homo

I think you misunderstood. I love Ben Gay.

mraynrand
01-23-2011, 09:37 PM
our defense has been consistent. It's a team game and this TEAM made it.

Excellent post.

Bossman641
01-23-2011, 10:49 PM

FAIL

bobblehead
01-23-2011, 10:55 PM
I think you misunderstood. I love Ben Gay.

This is the only worthwhile post on this entire thread (including this post)...just my 2 cents.

VegasPackFan
01-23-2011, 10:59 PM

Seriously the most pathetic post of all time.

easy cheesy
01-23-2011, 11:03 PM

Huh?

http://kaplancopy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/twilight-zone.jpg

I'm lost.... obviously missing some blathering back story here....

Gunakor
01-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Are you fucking serious Merlin? Yes, this was a team win today. But not all playoff losses are team losses. And Favre has had plenty to shoulder all on his own during his postseason career no matter which team he's played for.

Donald Driver said it best today. Fortunate to play with 2 great quarterbacks, but only one got him to the Super Bowl.

Lurker64
01-24-2011, 12:00 AM
I won't give Rodgers credit for beating the Bears, but you really have to give him credit for getting the team there in the first place. No chance we get past Atlanta unless we had a QB capable of playing out of his mind on any given night.

Deputy Nutz
01-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Rodgers has been the leader of this team offensively all year long. His play has been tight and without his ability the Packers wouldn't be where they are. I disagreed with Thompson's handling of Favre, but the fact is this team wouldn't be here with a 41 year old Favre at the helm.

I have moved on in a way, and threads like this one are created for the viewers to understand the depth of stupidity of the creator.

steve823
01-24-2011, 12:07 AM
What the hell is the point of making a thread like this ? You redefine the word dumbass. Anyways...Packers going to the super bowl OHH YEAAA.

Packman_26
01-24-2011, 12:08 AM

So let me get this straight, you can't credit Thompson, Rodgers, or Matthews because its a team game. About the only thing that I agree with in your post is your sig.

pbmax
01-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Just stop posting and the thread will drop. No further helpful information is likely to be obtained.

Merlin
01-24-2011, 07:05 AM
My original post got garbled due to using a mobile device and that stupid small screen so my apologies that it wasn't clear.

The message is simply this: despite the media's love for a single player, despite injuries, despite a poor performance by the teams leader, this team is in the super bowl. Favre didn't win a playoff game with a sub 70 QB rating and everything that went wrong with the Packers from 1997 to 2007 was all his fault - read your posts and tell me you think otherwise.

That being said, this is a TEAM game and the POINT is that no one player loses or wins every game by themselves, therefore your bashing of Favre for his play with Green Bay is in stark contrast to your rhetoric about the Packers since he left. I have said this since the day I joined Packer Rats, be consistent in your judgments and have the courage of your convictions. Don't sit there and apply a different standard to a player you "like" vs one you do not. When you do that you lose all creditability and you might as well just pack it in.

Despite a poor performance by Rodgers, despite McCarthy's predictable "we are up by a point let's pretend we have a 2,000 yard rusher and sit on the lead" play calling, despite injuries, this TEAM played as a TEAM and that is what it takes to win games.

In the end, the experiment proved the point it was intended too. There are a handful of people in this forum that have wrecked it for everyone else by their hypocritical and personal attack type comments. THAT is why a moderator is needed, not because someone doesn't buy into your point of view. Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't give you the right to personally attack them, and it certainly doesn't mean you are right. You are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts and the idea of personally attacking someone is just childish and a big reason many of us left - you just aren't worth it.

So before you all go off half cocked like a bunch of 4 year olds again, go back and read your posts over the years and see how inconsistent you are when judging players, coaches, and the people who post here.

I would have thought some of you would have grown up by now, apparently not.

Continue your unbiased, non-hypocritical, non-personal critique of my posts - unlike you, I can take it.

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 07:19 AM
So before you all go off half cocked like a bunch of 4 year olds again...

There are a handful of people in this forum that have wrecked it for everyone else by their hypocritical and personal attack type comments.

Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't give you the right to personally attack them

To thine own self be true!

Lurker64
01-24-2011, 07:24 AM
What possible reason would any Packer fan have to be such a downer today?

swede
01-24-2011, 07:26 AM
EZ Cheezy...does Merlin's 2nd post give you an idea of what the backstory might be?

Now that we are in the Super Bowl Merlin is pointing out that a better GM than that moron TT would have gotten us here faster.

You can't fix stupid.

Now Skin needs to post something that will get this thread sent to the GC once and for all.

Bossman641
01-24-2011, 07:34 AM
It must be awful to be so bitter and so loyal to Favre that you can't even enjoy going to the Super Bowl.

Scott Campbell
01-24-2011, 07:58 AM
What possible reason would any Packer fan have to be such a downer today?

He's harboring a lingering case of very severe butthurt.

Patler
01-24-2011, 08:08 AM
The message is simply this: despite the media's love for a single player, despite injuries, despite a poor performance by the teams leader, this team is in the super bowl. Favre didn't win a playoff game with a sub 70 QB rating and everything that went wrong with the Packers from 1997 to 2007 was all his fault - read your posts and tell me you think otherwise.

I think otherwise. :smile:

Despite a poor performance by Rodgers, despite McCarthy's predictable "we are up by a point let's pretend we have a 2,000 yard rusher and sit on the lead" play calling, despite injuries, this TEAM played as a TEAM and that is what it takes to win games.

I know Rodgers was very critical of himself, I am less so. Other than the interception to Urlacher, I thought Rodgers played quite well. The interception to Briggs was not a good throw, it was low, but it was not a bad decision. Physical failings are inevitable for a QB, or any athlete in every game. He threw poorly, but didn't really deserve an interception on that one. His QB rating was low simply because he didn't throw TDs. When they got close, they ran the ball for TDs. But they moved the ball because he made good decisions and threw well. Some of those 15-25 yard throws he made to Jennings and Nelson were really quite good.

I have never been critical of Favre, or any athlete really, who makes a good decision, but fails to perform the physical task. It happens. Athletes are not perfect. Top notch athletes fail to perform less often. Those who fail a lot have to look for other professions.

Favre had too many "What the heck?" plays in playoffs. The interception against Philly in overtime and the interception when with the Vikings come to mind immediately. Rodgers didn't have those yesterday. Even the interception to Urlacher was only mildly so. He had a receiver, but didn't see or didn't get the ball over Urlacher. In a brief interview with a Madison station, Rodgers said. "Good play call, good execution, bad throw."

Gunakor
01-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Fuck Favre. He ain't here. He ain't a part of this. He doesn't deserve to be a part of this. This ride has absolutely NOTHING to do with him. I cannot fathom why on earth you felt the need to invoke that name in the first place. That train left the station a long time ago and has since derailed.

Favreophilia should be a legally recognized mental disorder...

Patler
01-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Fuck Favre. He ain't here. He ain't a part of this. He doesn't deserve to be a part of this. This ride has absolutely NOTHING to do with him. I cannot fathom why on earth you felt the need to invoke that name in the first place. That train left the station a long time ago and has since derailed.

Favreophilia should be a legally recognized mental disorder...

It isn't just Packer fans who suffer from it. I was shocked that Bradshaw brought up Favre when talking to Driver. It's not like Favre led the Packers to the SB again and again over his long career, like some QBs have (Montana, Aikman, Elway,, etc.). The Packers and Favre had a two year run that ended a long, long time ago, before Driver was there.

SkinBasket
01-24-2011, 08:52 AM
There are a handful of people in this forum that have wrecked it for everyone else

Thanks for coming back to demonstrate that point again. Unfortunately you seem to have yourself pegged in the wrong group. Still have no fricken idea what your supposed "point" was, I mean other than to look like an holier-than-thou idiot with an astoundingly terrible sense of logic.

If you didn't notice, even the new people think you're a moron, so your premise kind of totally fails.

bobblehead
01-24-2011, 09:29 AM
My original post got garbled due to using a mobile device and that stupid small screen so my apologies that it wasn't clear.

First off Merlin, you are apologizing for the wrong thing. Second, 99% of us have moved on. Third, its delusional to think that somehow THIS vindicates the TT haters and Favre supporters.

Rodgers played a subpar game and the D was awesome. Rodgers threw an ugly red zone pick and I bitched about it. BF would throw 3 in a game like this and we would lose. Don't blame me for pointing that out, you are the one who is making it an issue. So in many ways even the point you are making is wrong. BF would have lost this game for us. No doubt in my mind. Rodgers did not...indisputable. Also, as nutz said, a 41 year old BF doesn't put this team in the superbowl, so TT did the right thing. End of discussion.

Smeefers
01-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for coming back to demonstrate that point again. Unfortunately you seem to have yourself pegged in the wrong group. Still have no fricken idea what your supposed "point" was, I mean other than to look like an holier-than-thou idiot with an astoundingly terrible sense of logic.

If you didn't notice, even the new people think you're a moron, so your premise kind of totally fails.

Yeah, I'm a "new people" and I think your argument is full of holes and it appears to me that you're just trolling. Normally I deal with trolls by ignoring them, but for some reason I felt the need to agree with the extremely creepy (but in an almost good way) skinbasket.

You're argument is that "See, rodgers didn't play great and they won anyway, so you shouldn't be mean to Favre when he blew big games because if he had a better team, they would have won anyway." That argument holds no weight. What of, should of, could of arguments never do.

The problem you have is that no one is denying that Favre played great, a lot. The problem is that you refuse to accept that Favre played horribly a lot too and he cost us some games. He's not the only one who's cost us games mind you, but that doesn't make the argument any less true. You also undercut yourself by saying we (as in, every single person who responded to you) shouldn't be calling you names and acting childish, but then you go and insult every single person on this blog in one fell swoop.

sharpe1027
01-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Favre didn't win a playoff game with a sub 70 QB rating and everything that went wrong with the Packers from 1997 to 2007 was all his fault - read your posts and tell me you think otherwise.

I think otherwise. Huge, HUGE strawman. I've never seen ANYTHING CLOSE to saying that for ten years every mistake was Favre's fault. Nothing. Nada. Not even in the ballpark. If you believe this, there's no need to discuss further because you clearly don't read peoples posts objectively (which makes the rest of your post extremely hypocritical).

Superbowl baby! I'd be willing to be that most of us don't think twice about Favre, other than to snicker about Croc and penis jokes. Get over it.

Freak Out
01-24-2011, 09:58 AM
When is Tank coming over?

HarveyWallbangers
01-24-2011, 10:14 AM
It isn't just Packer fans who suffer from it. I was shocked that Bradshaw brought up Favre when talking to Driver. It's not like Favre led the Packers to the SB again and again over his long career, like some QBs have (Montana, Aikman, Elway,, etc.). The Packers and Favre had a two year run that ended a long, long time ago, before Driver was there.

I loved it when Driver said this QB got me to the Super Bowl. :)

denverYooper
01-24-2011, 10:27 AM

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs349.snc4/41608_113175245389290_1328_n.jpg
LEGENDARY!

Mazzin
01-24-2011, 11:35 AM
When is Tank coming over?

Tank is here, his name is SnakeLH or something like that.

Patler
01-24-2011, 11:42 AM

I thought it was "Mazzin" ??

Scott Campbell
01-24-2011, 11:54 AM

That was awesome, and none to subtle.

mmmdk
01-24-2011, 11:55 AM

DAGGER !

sheepshead
01-24-2011, 11:58 AM

I just spoke to Ted and he's crushed by your non-support.

Packer fans in small towns and foreign countries concern me a little. When they disappear from here I'm certain its because theyve traded their PC for a license plate making machine.

denverYooper
01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't recall Favre ever posting a sub 70 passer rating winning a playoff game.

He posted a 57.1 passer rating against Tampa Bay in 1998 in the Divisional Round. They won that game and went on to play in the Superbowl that year. Other than that, he has had some much, much worse performances than Rodgers posted last night, as you can see in the following table.

Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Pass Rush Rush Rush Rush
Rk Player Date Tm Opp Result Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD
1 Brett Favre 1995-01-08 GNB DAL L 9-35 18 35 51.4% 211 0 1 58.2 6.03 4.74 2 2 1.00 0
2 Brett Favre 1998-01-04 GNB TAM W 21-7 15 28 53.6% 190 1 2 57.1 6.79 4.29 5 2 0.40 0
3 Brett Favre 2005-01-09 GNB MIN L 17-31 22 33 66.7% 216 1 4 55.4 6.55 1.70 3 7 2.33 0
4 Aaron Rodgers 2011-01-23 GNB CHI W 21-14 17 30 56.7% 244 0 2 55.4 8.13 5.13 7 39 5.57 1
5 Brett Favre 2003-01-04 GNB ATL L 7-27 20 42 47.6% 247 1 2 54.4 5.88 4.21 2 -1 -0.50 0
6 Brett Favre 2002-01-20 GNB STL L 17-45 26 44 59.1% 281 2 6 53.5 6.39 1.16 3 3 1.00 0
7 Mark Brunell 1995-01-08 GNB DAL L 9-35 3 11 27.3% 25 0 0 39.6 2.27 2.27 4 26 6.50 0

If you add in Rodgers's rushing numbers, he had an ok game. I'll be interested to see what some of the advanced stat sites have to say about his game last night. I feel he'll probably grade out higher than the other starters from yesterday's games.

Joe
01-24-2011, 01:29 PM

I thought it was "Mazzin" ??

Neither of these is accurate.

as far as I'm aware, the infamous Tank is not here, unless he reads as a guest, and if he is here, and keeps his mouth shut, I could care less.

Joe
01-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Those of you calling for "thread moderation" should be very careful. Though I don't like the topic, or the tone of the OP AT ALL, I have more tolerance for that, then I do the juvenile name calling responses.

Some of you, including, but besides the OP, should be very ashamed of yourself.

Thread closed.