PDA

View Full Version : Knee-gate in Chicago

Jimx29
01-23-2011, 10:08 PM
i'm loving this....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Cutler-s-NFL-contemporaries-go-after-him-on-Twit;_ylt=AvA0EnwtL30qWqb5ypm9rZZ0fNdF?urn=nfl-311321

easy cheesy
01-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Oh I am soooooo there with you.... that "yutz" was WALKING up and down the line with his chalky, brooding "Manning" face on for the duration of the game after he was out... what a total tool.... a complete ameba.... no backbone whatsoever....

Packers4Glory
01-23-2011, 10:17 PM
i'll be very surprised if he doesn't have a tear.

gbgary
01-23-2011, 10:18 PM

not to defend mr dumbface but if he has an acl tear they'll all look stupid.

Lurker64
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM

Didn't Philip Rivers play an entire playoff game with a torn ACL a while back?

Jimx29
01-23-2011, 10:20 PM
whelp, unless they (chicago) find a way to have everyone forget about it, we should hear something tomorrow. I suppose even if there isn't anything wrong, he could just kinda stay out of the limelight and "heal"

gbgary
01-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Didn't Philip Rivers play an entire playoff game with a torn ACL a while back?

a complete tear? i tore mine once and it swelled up so fast i could hardly bend it.

Joemailman
01-23-2011, 10:24 PM
It didn't look good to have him standing on the sidelines, yet unable to play. Perhaps the issue will die down if it turns out he had a torn ligament. Is he ready for the start of next season if it's a torn ACL?

gbgary
01-23-2011, 10:26 PM
It didn't look good to have him standing on the sidelines, yet unable to play. Perhaps the issue will die down if it turns out he had a torn ligament. Is he ready for the start of next season if it's a torn ACL?

only if he has the stones of al harris!

Lurker64
01-23-2011, 10:26 PM

Cutler's not especially mobile to begin with, so he should be good to go for the beginning of next season. Guys who have to run and cut a lot take longer to recover.

mraynrand
01-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Cutler's not especially mobile to begin with, so he should be good to go for the beginning of next season. Guys who have to run and cut a lot take longer to recover.

He wasn't good to go today on a good knee. Why would next year be any different with a wounded knee?

easy cheesy
01-23-2011, 10:30 PM
I've had a torn PCL (not ACL thank Gawd) and it is one of the most excruciating injuries ever.... he wouldn't have been just "do-dee-dohing" up and down the side line with his best "droopy dog" look... trust me, NFL "tough guy" or not.... If Philip Rivers did indeed play an entire game with a torn ACL then they shot that MOFO up with so many drugs it would make your head spin....

He (Cutler) will be trying to stay out of the limelight in the days and weeks to come I'm sure..... to "heal".... but it won't be his knee he'll be looking to "heal".... hrummpph....

mission
01-23-2011, 10:32 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/criticism-of-cutler-mounts/

You guys like my 'first' comment on this one? 238 thumbs up so far! lol

easy cheesy
01-23-2011, 10:35 PM

Spot On!!! LOL!

pbmax
01-23-2011, 10:36 PM

Good work.

In answer to another post, players have played on torn ACLs. Didn't Dixon from Oregon play without his ACL in a Bowl game?

Lurker64
01-23-2011, 10:38 PM
He wasn't good to go today on a good knee. Why would next year be any different with a wounded knee?

Okay, you got me there. He will be able to go when the next season begins, unless it's a truly epic shredding of the knee (c.f. Daunte Culpepper's injury).

Joemailman
01-23-2011, 10:44 PM
I've had a torn PCL (not ACL thank Gawd) and it is one of the most excruciating injuries ever.... he wouldn't have been just "do-dee-dohing" up and down the side line with his best "droopy dog" look... trust me, NFL "tough guy" or not.... If Philip Rivers did indeed play an entire game with a torn ACL then they shot that MOFO up with so many drugs it would make your head spin....

He (Cutler) will be trying to stay out of the limelight in the days and weeks to come I'm sure..... to "heal".... but it won't be his knee he'll be looking to "heal".... hrummpph....

When Morgan Burnett tore his ACL this year, he didn't have pain. He said his knee just "Didn't feel right". When he described the problem to the trainers, they knew what the injury was.

easy cheesy
01-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Good work.

In answer to another post, players have played on torn ACLs. Didn't Dixon from Oregon play without his ACL in a Bowl game?

I thought he sat on the sidelines during that game (the Sun Bowl I believe).... he then went on to tear his miniscus when playing for the Steelers against the Titans... of course I'm a chick and could be totally sniffing too much nail polish....

easy cheesy
01-23-2011, 10:50 PM
When Morgan Burnett tore his ACL this year, he didn't have pain. He said his knee just "Didn't feel right". When he described the problem to the trainers, they knew what the injury was.

Interesting... I'll capitualte to the experts... I only know what that PCL injury felt like to me... maybe these guys have cortisone and morphine coarsing through their veins rather than "O" positive....

pbmax
01-23-2011, 10:57 PM
I thought he sat on the sidelines during that game (the Sun Bowl I believe).... he then went on to tear his miniscus when playing for the Steelers against the Titans... of course I'm a chick and could be totally sniffing too much nail polish....

Nope, you got that one right. He sat out the Sun Bowl, it was the Arizona game he played on the torn ACL.

Wins in the following weeks over Pac-10 powers USC and Arizona State pushed Oregon to a #2 ranking in the BCS poll[13] and first place in the Pac-10. During the Arizona State game, he left the game with a torn ACL, but was cleared to play two weeks later against Arizona. In the first quarter of that game, he ran 39 yards for a touchdown, but a few plays later, his left knee buckled and he left the game because he suffered an injury, and the Ducks went on to lose 34-24. It was then revealed that Dixon had torn the ACL in his left knee against Arizona State and aggravated it against Arizona. In the last game of the season against arch rival Oregon State, they lost and the Beavers broke the streak of the last 10 years in which the home team had always won.[14] Without Dixon, and following an injury to backup Brady Leaf as well as a long list of injuries to the entire Duck team, the Ducks lost the last two games of the season, but went on to defeat South Florida 56-21 in the 2007 Sun Bowl as Dixon watched from the sideline and continued to cheer on his team.

easy cheesy
01-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Nope, you got that one right. He sat out the Sun Bowl, it was the Arizona game he played on the torn ACL.

Gotcha! Still, playing on a torn ACL blows my mind.... guess a FBP has to do what a FBP's gotta do....

Deputy Nutz
01-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Phillip Rivers tore his acl like a week or two before he played on it. Once the swelling is down the ACL provides stability to the knee, without it, your knee is like a table with only three legs, very unstabble. Pain, varies, your mobility sucks, strength sucks, and if it is not braced correctly the knee will give out, and more damage to the knee, MCL will probably go next.

Anyways if Cutler tore cartlidge, a tendon, another legiment, shit is going to swell and the leg will get stiff and trying to plant will be tough. I am sure Cutler is injured, it didn't look good because he wasn't carried off on a cart and wasn't on crutches. Chicago fans are stupid, and are looking to place blame.

our perspective might be a bit screwed because of the iron man streak of Favre, and the toughness of Aaron Rodgers.

gbgary
01-23-2011, 11:29 PM
from looking at the highlights it was his left knee they were working on on the sidelines.

mraynrand
01-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Looked like Cutler injured it on that blitz (with fumble) by Shields. Then got hit again by Walden on the first series in the second half. He couldn't plant on that left leg, looks like to me.

green_bowl_packer
01-24-2011, 05:40 AM
Lovie is also catching heat for going with Collins instead of Hanie, for 2 crucial series. Where they figure that Collins didnt' know what the hell he was doing, so why was he in their in the first place.

I think this Packer victory could lead to the unraveling of the Bears organization, Cutler's taking huge heat, Lovie's gonna get some more today, and eventually their GM Angelo will get some too. Beautiful.

sharpe1027
01-24-2011, 09:57 AM
In any event, it really sucked once Cutler and Collins went out and since the game went back to playing 11 v 11.

I love the guy; he's just good enough to hold his starting spot but consistently inconsistent enough to know he will fold under pressure. I wish him the best so that he can make a full recovery for next year.

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Who wasn't terrified that Heiney was going to be another crazy name in Chicago-Green Bay lore - the third string QB comes in and saves the day. Dammit, it was close to a "Charlie Batch Moment" there...

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o210/asixe/Anchorman/Hiney.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
01-24-2011, 10:21 AM
I kind of feel bad for the guy. Nobody knows how injured he was--yet everybody is jumping to conclusions.

Joemailman
01-24-2011, 10:26 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/gay-jay-cutler-knee-injury-chicago-bears-nfc-championship-012311

Cutler, who finished with a 31.8 passer rating, said he tested the knee after having it taped but that he felt he was limited on his plant leg. “I knew that it was probably better that I didn’t (return),” he said. “I knew my knee. I know my body.”

Off the record, several teammates looked at Cutler amid the postgame wreckage and shook their heads. “I aint’ gonna say nothing,” one Bears player said privately, “but I don’t see a brace on that knee. Do you?”

MadScientist
01-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Torn MCL:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/report-cutler-has-mcl-tear/

Fair enough reason not to go back in. If there isn't some other damage, he should be fine next season. He as plenty of time to heal.

gbgary
01-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Torn MCL:

Fair enough reason not to go back in. If there isn't some other damage, he should be fine next season. He as plenty of time to heal.

may or may not need surgery depending how bad the tear is. the mri will show that.

pbmax
01-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Torn MCL:

Sean Jensen Tweets that they don't know the Grade yet. So it might have been a partial.

The self-flagellation will continue in Chicago.

Patler
01-24-2011, 10:50 AM
This will not help his image, because players do sometimes continue to play with MCL sprains and tears. Some don't, and are shut down for a few weeks to heal, but some "play through it". We will never know how serious Cutler's was, or how much pain he was in.

Remember, Cutler had a reputation of "quitting" in Denver, and moping when things went bad.
Then, Urlacher had the famous comment about Cutler's toughness before the Bears traded for him.
It's a tough reputation to shake, even if it isn't justified; and yesterday won't help shake it.

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 11:07 AM
If Letterman gives Cutler the 'Scott Norwood' treatment, he could be finished...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2d2pxrH0ws start at 6:23

Guiness
01-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Lovie is also catching heat for going with Collins instead of Hanie, for 2 crucial series. Where they figure that Collins didnt' know what the hell he was doing, so why was he in their in the first place.

I think this Packer victory could lead to the unraveling of the Bears organization, Cutler's taking huge heat, Lovie's gonna get some more today, and eventually their GM Angelo will get some too. Beautiful.

Ya, what the hell happened with Collins? He was the #2 guy, right? How does he end up so lost out there? If he was that ineffective, how come Lovie & co didn't know it before the game? That was pretty weird.

gbpackfan
01-24-2011, 12:32 PM
It's a MCL! He should have put a knee brace on it and gone back in. BRETT FAVRE would have been in there. Big Ben, Brady, hell...Manning would have gone back in. CUTLER has always been a big pussy in my eyes, and now he's proved it. Cocky, cry-baby. F him!

Bossman641
01-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Ya, what the hell happened with Collins? He was the #2 guy, right? How does he end up so lost out there? If he was that ineffective, how come Lovie & co didn't know it before the game? That was pretty weird.

Collins had previously been then #3 as a result of his awful showing against the Giants and Panthers. During the week he got elevated to #2. Thanks Lovie and Martz!!!

packerbacker1234
01-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Bottom line: Cutler was standing and walking around on the sidelines, and he was able to "ride the bike" for a bit showing he could still put pressure on it, even if it DID hurt. I do not buy that it was the trainers decisions to bench him, becuase he came out in that first series int he second half and it was HE that said he couldn't play, despite the fact that planting his foot didn't even appear to be a realistic problem. He also doesn't throw properly most the time anyways relying on arm strength, so it would of hardly been a realistic deterent. bottom line was he was getting ROCKED all game and was sick and tired of it. He didn't want to get blasted anymore, regardless of injury.

Say he has a torn MCL, or a Torn ACL - yet he is able to still walk around on the sidelines. If your able to walk on the sideliens with the injury, you're able to play. Bottom line. It is a major question of his toughness as a QB, because this is the NFC championship game. This is to get to the Super Bowl. You may NEVER get back to this point ever again the rest of your career. You give it everything you have, and if that means playing hurt, you play hurt.

This is why I really appreciated "Favre the player", because hurt or not he always put it all out on the field. Cutler already has attitude problems and is questioned greatly as a leader. THe team then responded to that Haine guy with renewed confidence. One has to wonder if Cutler, in addition to being a poor leader, was just not willing to take the pain and give it his all. With his attitude towards everything, it doesn't suprise me that he wouldn't.

Patler
01-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Jimmy Johnson and Howie Long were very critical of his leadership in their post game comments. Johnson went so far as to say he needed an attitude adjustment in the off season if he is to fulfill the leadership role demanded of QBs. They both said it had nothing to do with playing through his injury, but getting the team to respond to his leadership.

Packers4Glory
01-24-2011, 01:52 PM
doesn't the MCL provide lateral stability? he may be able to walk and stand on it, but thats a lot different than dropping back, planting, and throwing.

bottom line is dude has gotten hit and killed all season long. he kept popping up. He even took on defenders yesterday w/o sliding to get a 1st down. I don't like the guy but I think he's got to be pretty tough and his body language was one of being dejected. Chicago needs a scapegoat. Just ask bartman.

Patler
01-24-2011, 02:25 PM
doesn't the MCL provide lateral stability? he may be able to walk and stand on it, but thats a lot different than dropping back, planting, and throwing.

bottom line is dude has gotten hit and killed all season long. he kept popping up. He even took on defenders yesterday w/o sliding to get a 1st down. I don't like the guy but I think he's got to be pretty tough and his body language was one of being dejected. Chicago needs a scapegoat. Just ask bartman.

I think the most legitimate criticisms were those that questioned why the starting QB, still in uniform and on the sideline walking and standing normally, sat like a bored spectator on the bench. Why wasn't he near the coaches, talking to the backups, encouraging his team mates? He looked like he didn't care. Not much showing of leadership.

Fosco33
01-24-2011, 02:32 PM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/af4bace800.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Little Whiskey
01-24-2011, 02:53 PM
hell, cutler could throw on a good knee. he couldn't have been worse with a blown out knee.

his passer ratting was 8 point LOWER than Collins who didn't complete a pass!

red
01-24-2011, 02:56 PM
now espn and the bears are saying its a "sprained mcl"

and lets not forget that he cried in the locker room after the game when he was informed other people were saying mean things about him

let the chicago feeding frenzy commence

Patler
01-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Cutler's agent is Bus Cook. Will pictures of Cutler's knee appear on the internet like those of Favre's ankle last year? Those were attributed to Cook, weren't they?

Patler
01-24-2011, 03:18 PM
I think Cutler's injury has been officially classified as an "owie", maybe a "boo-boo". They should just ask Mike Martz to kiss it and make it better.

Lurker64
01-24-2011, 03:23 PM
now espn and the bears are saying its a "sprained mcl"

Well, counterintuitively: a complete MCL tear you can play on, just slap a brace on it for lateral stability since you're going to need surgery at some point anyway. A partial MCL tear, on the other hand, shouldn't be played on since it will heal on its own without surgery and playing on it risks making the injury worse to the point that it will require surgery (generally good policy to avoid unnecessary surgery.)

Patler
01-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Well, counterintuitively: a complete MCL tear you can play on, just slap a brace on it for lateral stability since you're going to need surgery at some point anyway. A partial MCL tear, on the other hand, shouldn't be played on since it will heal on its own without surgery and playing on it risks making the injury worse to the point that it will require surgery (generally good policy to avoid unnecessary surgery.)

I think complete MCL tears heal without surgery too, don't they?

green_bowl_packer
01-24-2011, 03:35 PM
let the chicago feeding frenzy commence

The feeding frenzy has been going on all day long, there will be nothing left of him by the time they are through - one theory is the Bears let the story get out of control by not stating his injury status out of the gate. Now it's completely out of control down here, not that I'm complaining.

This victory will pay dividends for years to come, just as a straight W it was historic and crushing to Chicago this extra stuff going on could put them under for a while and tear apart their locker room.

Joemailman
01-24-2011, 03:59 PM

Unless you're playing in your franchise's biggest game in the last 25 years.

red
01-24-2011, 04:23 PM
official word is that its a grade II mcl sprain/tear

it won't require surgery, and its something that usually takes 3-4 weeks to heal

sounds pretty legit to me

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 04:48 PM
sounds pretty legit to me

Too legit to quit!

http://www.yorkshire-divers.com/forums/customavatars/avatar1874_10.gif

Patler
01-24-2011, 05:05 PM
I hate to use the "F" word, but was this worse than the ankle that Favre played on last year? Or the broken foot Brady has played on and for which he had surgery this past week?

I don't expect anyone to have answers, just raising questions to think about.

Little Whiskey
01-24-2011, 05:09 PM
chumura said today on the Homer show that he doubts cutler will be able to play in Chicago again. sounds like some of his teamates are questioning his toughness.

bobblehead
01-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Phillip Rivers tore his acl like a week or two before he played on it. Once the swelling is down the ACL provides stability to the knee, without it, your knee is like a table with only three legs, very unstabble. Pain, varies, your mobility sucks, strength sucks, and if it is not braced correctly the knee will give out, and more damage to the knee, MCL will probably go next.

Anyways if Cutler tore cartlidge, a tendon, another legiment, shit is going to swell and the leg will get stiff and trying to plant will be tough. I am sure Cutler is injured, it didn't look good because he wasn't carried off on a cart and wasn't on crutches. Chicago fans are stupid, and are looking to place blame.

our perspective might be a bit screwed because of the iron man streak of Favre, and the toughness of Aaron Rodgers.

And the hatred all things bears

bobblehead
01-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Bottom line: Cutler was standing and walking around on the sidelines, and he was able to "ride the bike" for a bit showing he could still put pressure on it, even if it DID hurt. I do not buy that it was the trainers decisions to bench him, becuase he came out in that first series int he second half and it was HE that said he couldn't play, despite the fact that planting his foot didn't even appear to be a realistic problem. He also doesn't throw properly most the time anyways relying on arm strength, so it would of hardly been a realistic deterent. bottom line was he was getting ROCKED all game and was sick and tired of it. He didn't want to get blasted anymore, regardless of injury.

Say he has a torn MCL, or a Torn ACL - yet he is able to still walk around on the sidelines. If your able to walk on the sideliens with the injury, you're able to play. Bottom line. It is a major question of his toughness as a QB, because this is the NFC championship game. This is to get to the Super Bowl. You may NEVER get back to this point ever again the rest of your career. You give it everything you have, and if that means playing hurt, you play hurt.

This is why I really appreciated "Favre the player", because hurt or not he always put it all out on the field. Cutler already has attitude problems and is questioned greatly as a leader. THe team then responded to that Haine guy with renewed confidence. One has to wonder if Cutler, in addition to being a poor leader, was just not willing to take the pain and give it his all. With his attitude towards everything, it doesn't suprise me that he wouldn't.

Ok, I KNOW i'm getting flamed for this, but Cutler looked just like Favre when he was getting rocked in the NE game and the Dallas game, both of which ARod got hurt in, but finished the game. Early in his career, it took a tank to get favre off the field, but later, not so much. Those were two examples of Favre quitting on his team that helped usher him out of town. Both times, beyond injury, Favre was not having much fun and was frustrated.

mmmdk
01-24-2011, 06:08 PM
PACKERS NFC CHAMPIONS 2010....eat that Bears thread ! :lol:

red
01-24-2011, 06:13 PM
chumura said today on the Homer show that he doubts cutler will be able to play in Chicago again. sounds like some of his teamates are questioning his toughness.

i don't think it would be a problem with just his teammates but the whole damn city and all 15 of the fans left that didn't jump back off the bandwagon at about 5 pm yesterday

if i was cutler i would be saying fuck you to chicago

Packers4Glory
01-24-2011, 06:18 PM
I think the most legitimate criticisms were those that questioned why the starting QB, still in uniform and on the sideline walking and standing normally, sat like a bored spectator on the bench. Why wasn't he near the coaches, talking to the backups, encouraging his team mates? He looked like he didn't care. Not much showing of leadership.

those also seem to be unfounded. You saw what Fox showed, however listening to chicago radio today, one of their guys was at the game and he reported Cutler was talking to Hanie and helping him out. Hanie himself came on the radio and tv stating some of the help Cutler provided. I think we saw what the producers wanted us to see, there was a lot of time where Cutler wasn't front and center.

I really feel that his stand-offish personality screwed him. I think he got fucked by the media and the twatters jumping to conclusions based off his body language and what Fox showed you.

I don't like the guy at all but I think he's been done quite an injustice.

Grade 2 tear is the MRI report. Lovie needs some help in the PR department because he is the one who said strain which was wrong. The Bears botched this 6 ways to sunday and helped create the PR nightmare.

red
01-24-2011, 06:22 PM
yeah i can't stand cutler either but he really is getting a raw deal here

almost makes me feel bad for him. i might even piss on him after the bears fans light him on fire to put him out

pbmax
01-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Things could change, but I think I have seen only one report of a player questioning him and it was anonymous and almost innocuous: "I don't see no brace". Maybe it was in MMQB?

So he hasn't lost the team yet. Publicly at least.

gbgary
01-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I think Cutler's injury has been officially classified as an "owie", maybe a "boo-boo". They should just ask Mike Martz to kiss it and make it better.

an owie, a boo boo...LOL

Little Whiskey
01-24-2011, 06:51 PM
i listen quite a bit to chicago sports talk today........damn, i loved it!! but, the late night guy had a good point tonight. bears fans all year have been complaining that the o-line was going to get cutler killed. now they are pissed at culter because it finally happend. hmmmmm

pbmax
01-24-2011, 07:16 PM
I hate to use the "F" word, but was this worse than the ankle that Favre played on last year? Or the broken foot Brady has played on and for which he had surgery this past week?

I don't expect anyone to have answers, just raising questions to think about.

From personal experience, I have sprained and torn ankle ligaments and suffered an undiagnosed knee injury (while skiing). I would rather have an ankle injury. Much easier to tape up and limp on.

Cheesehead Craig
01-24-2011, 08:37 PM
With all the talk that Cutler is done in Chicago I wonder if she should leave, where would she go?

Little Whiskey
01-24-2011, 08:42 PM
With all the talk that Cutler is done in Chicago I wonder if she should leave, where would she go?

denver

Joemailman
01-24-2011, 08:59 PM
denver

Vikings. We'd miss him too much.

Packers4Glory
01-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Vikings. We'd miss him too much.

pass. they have too many weapons as it is. he has jack shit in chicago except for Forte and Olsen, and they dont much include Olsen in their offense w/ Martz.

Fritz
01-24-2011, 09:21 PM
That's funny stuff, Red.

I agree. I am no Cutler fan, but it's really difficult to say with any certainty if the guy could've played or not played. And it may be true that Fox showed us what they wanted us to see - Cutler has a naturally "pouting" face, and a few camera shots of him sitting alone could convince us he'd quit.

Maybe he did. But we don't really know, and it's too bad that the Bears fans, in their ravenous hunger to blame, have decided Cutler's the guy.

Well, maybe it's not too bad. I am enjoying the show.

Tough offseason for Cutler. I think he might have to hire someone to work with him on his public persona. Teach him some other facial expressions besides the pout and the smirk.

Joemailman
01-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Cutler is not someone I'd want leading my team, and it doesn't have anything to do with whether he was hurt or not. The way he acted to get out of Denver is proof of that. I wouldn't fear any team that has him as their #1 QB.

Patler
01-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Stories like this one won't help Cutler at all.
Brees played with MCL sprain:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81de5592/article/saints-qb-brees-played-on-lowgrade-mcl-sprain-payton-says?module=HP_headlines

Packers4Glory
01-25-2011, 08:19 AM
well, I understand chicago media beating this story to death, but I'm over the national media. Its THE topic of conversation.

Pugger
01-25-2011, 08:36 AM

Fair or not, it is Cutler's demeaner and aloofness that is probably at the root of all of this. Jay has been knocked around a lot this season and I don't question his toughness but I will question is leadership qualities. As Wilbon says here, Rodgers is everything Cutler is not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6052280

pbmax
01-25-2011, 08:48 AM
I hope the Bears brass believes all this. And that they continue to search high and low to find a QB who measures up to this completely superficial standard. Because then they will be too busy to find receivers or offensive lineman.

mraynrand
01-25-2011, 09:26 AM
BTW, can we stop adding 'Gate' to every controversy now? I'm tired of it.

HowardRoark
01-25-2011, 09:29 AM
I know the guy has to eat, but this just goes to his tone deafness. This guy needs a PR guy just to teach him common sense and how to make a facial expression.

Bring on dinner gate:

Jay Cutler and girlfriend Kristin Cavallari dined at Mastro's Steakhouse on Sunday following the Bears' loss to the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship. Cutler, who left Sunday's game in the third quarter due to a knee injury, was not on crutches at Mastro's, but "he limped a tiny bit," according to a source. The couple was joined by 11 other people in Mastro's private upstairs dining room.

It was the second time in as many weeks Cutler and Cavallari dined at the River North. They had dinner at Mastro's after the Bears' playoff win over the Seattle Seahawks on January 16.

The Bears' Greg Olsen had dinner at Hub 51 on Sunday, as did teammate J'Marcus Webb, who was spotted at Bull & Bear with the New England Patriots' Bret Lockett later that night. Danieal Manning opted for Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar.

HowardRoark
01-25-2011, 09:31 AM
oh, btw......

http://girlstalkinsmack.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/kristin-cavallari-picture-1.jpg

green_bowl_packer
01-25-2011, 09:36 AM
edit - Beat me to the punch

He's not doing himself any favors by going out to dinner after the game and taking the stairs instead of the elevator.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bears/2011/1/24/1953615/nfl-bears-jay-cutler-injury-facebook-users-explode

Nationally, I think this whole thing is taking away from the Packers and Steelers accomplishments, the first 10-15 minutes of NFL live on ESPN were about this crap, before they even talked about the 2 teams in the Superbowl.

mraynrand
01-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Bring on dinner gate:

I will chomp on your leg

Joemailman
01-25-2011, 09:46 AM
In 5 Packer/Bear games, Cutler has completed 54% of his passes with 4 TD's and 10 INT's. Maybe Lovie just decided to go with his other guys rather than a "less than 100% healthy" Cutler. Down 14-0, does anyone not think Cutler would have been good for at least a couple more INT's?

mraynrand
01-25-2011, 09:49 AM
In 5 Packer/Bear games, Cutler has completed 54% of his passes with 4 TD's and 10 INT's. Maybe Lovie just decided to go with his other guys rather than a "less than 100% healthy" Cutler. Down 14-0, does anyone not think Cutler would have been good for at least a couple more INT's?

It's far more likely that he used the opportunity of the bad knee to get Cutler off the field. He was off target on several critical passes and looked hang-dog (no offense to dogs) with bad body language all through the first half.

Little Whiskey
01-25-2011, 11:00 AM
now they are blasting Lovie because he didn't put henie in sooner! chicago is great!