PDA

View Full Version : Packers - Steelers -- Superbowl 45

Sparkey
01-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Opening line is Packers by 2 1/2 points.

Could this be any better of a match up ? Dom Capers vs Dick Le Beau

This is the game I had always hoped for in a Super Bowl. The team with the most Lombardi trophy's against the team with the most Titles. Awesome!

HarveyWallbangers
01-23-2011, 10:22 PM
I agree with your sentiments. Plus, my best friend is a Steelers fan.

pbmax
01-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Ben and his teammates are very close. Going to be tough to introduce an element of discord (dare I say "schism") among the ranks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpRjdxSR7No&feature=player_embedded

CaptainKickass
01-24-2011, 12:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpRjdxSR7No&feature=player_embedded

Really? I thought he was a rapist?

Patler
01-24-2011, 12:39 PM
This is absolutely the perfect match-up for me.
I know someone very, very well who works for the Steelers.
Packers vs. the Steelers is perfect!

denverYooper
01-24-2011, 01:08 PM
This is absolutely the perfect match-up for me.
I know someone very, very well who works for the Steelers.
Packers vs. the Steelers is perfect!

Same here. I think it will be an excellent Superbowl.

Both teams have strong D's, good QBs, and have struggled with STs and OLine play at times this year.

Cheesehead Craig
01-24-2011, 01:48 PM
I agree with your sentiments. Plus, my best friend is a Steelers fan.

I am not!

Guiness
01-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Ben and his teammates are very close. Going to be tough to introduce an element of discord (dare I say "schism") among the ranks.

I saw that and went "WTF?"

Smidgeon
01-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Could this be any better of a match up ? Dom Capers vs Dick Le Beau

ESPN's John Clayton in his first preview of the Super Bowl said that Capers learned the zone defense from LeBeau. He went on to say they were both assistants on that team. As far as I've heard everywhere else, they developed it together. Heck, Dom was the D-coordinator, was he not?

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 04:38 PM
ESPN's John Clayton in his first preview of the Super Bowl said that Capers learned the zone defense from LeBeau. He went on to say they were both assistants on that team. As far as I've heard everywhere else, they developed it together. Heck, Dom was the D-coordinator, was he not?

You mean zone-blitz scheme, right?

Lebeau was a long-time Cincinnati D-back coach then coordinator - was in both SuperBowls, before getting the axe and getting hired as dbacks coach under Capers 92-94. Capers got hired away, Lebeau became d-coordinator and then got hired away by Cininnati and came back after a stint as d-coor, coach, then buffalo assistant. I think Lebeau developed the zone blitz mostly on his own with Cincinnati, but didn't use it as much in the 80s. I'm a little murky on how much, if any influence Capers had on the zone scheme, but when they were together was it's real big inception with Greene and Lloyd and thus the nickname 'Blitzburgh.'