PDA

View Full Version : Steelers OL

Guiness
01-24-2011, 02:34 PM
I saw a post on another message board saying the Steelers have both their original starting tackles on the IR. They're also starting a rookie at center, although by all accounts, he's been lights out.

Any of our OL savvy posters care to comment on the Steeler's line?

Patler
01-24-2011, 02:45 PM
I saw a post on another message board saying the Steelers have both their original starting tackles on the IR. They're also starting a rookie at center, although by all accounts, he's been lights out.

Pouncey at center made the Pro Bowl as a rookie.
He also left the game early yesterday with a high ankle sprain and looked to be in tremendous pain.

Packgator
01-24-2011, 02:49 PM

Their starting center Maurkice Pouncey (Go Gators :) ) went out yesterday with a high ankle sprain. He says he'll be ready for the Super Bowl but high sprains often take much longer than two weeks to heal. Big loss if he is out or hobbled.

hoosier
01-24-2011, 02:51 PM
As of today the line on the Steelers is that Pack is favored by 2.5

All I know about the Steelers offensive line is that Pouncey has played very, very well. And that the two backup OTs now starting, Flozell Adams and Jonathan Scott, are just so so in pass protection. Of the guards, Kemoeatu is better than Foster. They gave up 43 sacks in the regular season and were more or less average running the ball (4.1 ypc, 1900 yards on the season). The thing to worry about with their offense is that you have to protect against the big play threat of Mike Wallace while defending two very good possession receivers, Hines Ward and Heath Miller.

Guiness
01-24-2011, 02:51 PM
He also left the game early yesterday with a high ankle sprain and looked to be in tremendous pain.

Reports are he's saying he'll be ready to go.

He must be something else to earn a Pro Bowl bearth as a rookie interior OL. No gaudy stats to grab anyone's attention, so he must've been incredibly solid starting day 1.

red
01-24-2011, 02:53 PM
lets hope pouncey has a setback because the backup center couldn't figure out how to get the ball to big ben

pbmax
01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Kemoeatu is a mean one. Like Frankie Winters and Marco Rivera, he'll dive into a pile to "clean it up", just so he can hit someone unexpectedly. Got flagged for it once that I saw in the playoffs. Also, like his defensive teammates, he doesn't care that the NFL has more stringently been applying the hits with your head rules. Each of his dives onto the pile were head first.

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 04:53 PM

Lucky for him it wasn't a grade II MCL sprain

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM
The thing about the Steeler line is that Rowthelispburger makes them so much 'better' because the bastard can just hang in there and hang in there and just make plays. It's uncanny, but he drives you crazy with that stuff. Plus they can run block pretty well....

hoosier
01-24-2011, 08:10 PM
43 sacks. The big meathead can be brought down.

CaptainKickass
01-24-2011, 10:34 PM
The thing about the Steeler line is that Rowthelispburger makes them so much 'better' because the bastard can just hang in there and hang in there and just make plays. It's uncanny, but he drives you crazy with that stuff. Plus they can run block pretty well....

I believe it's pronounced "Rapist-Burger"

Or "Worthless-Burger"

or "Toothless-Burger"

imscott72
01-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Back in 2 weeks from high ankle sprain? He won't be 100%. Sounds like an area to possibly exploit. You listening Dom?

rbaloha1
01-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Kemoeatu is a mean one. Like Frankie Winters and Marco Rivera, he'll dive into a pile to "clean it up", just so he can hit someone unexpectedly. Got flagged for it once that I saw in the playoffs. Also, like his defensive teammates, he doesn't care that the NFL has more stringently been applying the hits with your head rules. Each of his dives onto the pile were head first.

Kemoeatu also reminds of Frank Middleton from the Bucs and Raiders -- always diving into the pile before the whistle blows.