PDA

View Full Version : Sam Shields

ZachMN
01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Apologies to anyone else who posted this but SS at the family night scrimmage had an INT that was almost identical to the one yesterday to put the DAGGER into the bears. Gave me shivers back in August.........

Superbowl homeboy

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 04:52 PM
What was Heiney doing at Family Night?

RashanGary
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM

The Bears needed to start taking shots. Hainey (or whatever hsi name is) put it right on his fastest receiver. Shields stuck to his hip and went from full gate to an impressive leap and caught the ball at it's highest point in one smooth motion. That was a fuckin awesome coverage followed up by better execution of the pick on a perfectly thrown ball to their fastest player at a point in the game where the Bears needed to take a shot. If you're taking away from Shields because of who threw that perfect deep ball, then you'll be surprised when this guy keeps doing it. He's real. That was no luck INT. That was a great INT. The only one this offseason that compares is the one where Tramon did almost the same thing in the endzone on the other side fo the field against ATL.

That was a great throw to a freaky fast receiver. The only thing that stops it is perfect play by Shields. That just shut down any chance that Pitt trys to pick on him deep.

bobblehead
01-24-2011, 05:55 PM
It was a joke JH...he said the pick was identical, so rand was joking that the same guy threw it....and the joke being that the bears QB was at our family night. He was not taking anything away from SS.

sharpe1027
01-24-2011, 06:05 PM

Maybe he was interesting in seeing what it is like to play for team that doesn't cycle through QBs faster than Vick cycles through pets.

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Maybe he was interesting in seeing what it is like to play for team that doesn't cycle through QBs faster than Vick cycles through pets.

You can say that because you're not Jerry Babb

Deputy Nutz
01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
I still can't believe the skill level of Sam Shield. It is amazing how bad the Miami Hurricane's coaching staff is that they couldn't get him to understand how to playing defensive back in 5 years.

Brandon494
01-24-2011, 10:07 PM
I still can't believe the skill level of Sam Shield. It is amazing how bad the Miami Hurricane's coaching staff is that they couldn't get him to understand how to playing defensive back in 5 years.

Played 3 seasons at WR for Miami then switched to DB his senior year. He could have been a first round talent if he started out at DB.

gbgary
01-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Played 3 seasons at WR for Miami then switched to DB his senior year. He could have been a first round talent if he started out at DB.

but then we wouldn't have him. glad it turned out the way it did.

rbaloha1
01-24-2011, 10:39 PM
but then we wouldn't have him. glad it turned out the way it did.

Good point. Just wait until technique matches athletic ability.

Smeefers
01-25-2011, 07:53 AM
The dude has no ceiling. I just can't believe the kid. I hope he keeps his nose clean. He has the perfect trio to learn from (Tramon, Woodson and Collins) and a great DC to teach him. How high he soars is completely up to him.

vince
01-25-2011, 07:59 AM
I hope he keeps his nose clean.
Literally. He's from Sarasota, but anywhere in Florida has its temptations. He already has a suspension for pot in college, so the concern is legitimate.