PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Smith

Brandon494
01-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Aaron Smith has been out for 3 months yet the Steelers held a roster spot for him and he will now play in the SB.

My question for you is should we have done the same with Grant or Finley? Or did we just have too many injuries to hold a open spot? I would have loved to see Finley in this game. Oh well, he'll get to play in the next 2 or 3.

Brandon494
01-24-2011, 06:42 PM
My bad, don't know why that smiley face is by his name. I am not happy about him playing.

Little Whiskey
01-24-2011, 06:44 PM
I wonder what the rest of the steeler's injury situation looked like. it tough to hold a roster spot open for someone with the only hope they help your team is if you make the superbowl. a team like the packers or colts need that spot.

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I was in strong support for keeping the spot open for Finley. Would he be available? Did the extra infection completely rule him out? IDK But thank God we have Josh Gordy and Nick McDonald available.

Smidgeon
01-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Just read in a chat on either JSO or GBPG that Finley still isn't ready right now and that Grant has only recently gotten the strength back to begin seriously working out. So it sounds like neither would be ready by the Super Bowl.

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Just read in a chat on either JSO or GBPG that Finley still isn't ready right now and that Grant has only recently gotten the strength back to begin seriously working out. So it sounds like neither would be ready by the Super Bowl.

Did they say anything about the igloo?

Deputy Nutz
01-24-2011, 09:04 PM
According to Grant, after he first injured his leg he thought that he could make it back sometime before the playoffs, he was a bit disappointed when they put him on IR.

mraynrand
01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
According to Grant, after he first injured his leg he thought that he could make it back sometime before the playoffs, he was a bit disappointed when they put him on IR.

Levens had the same damn thing in '98, but was lost two weeks later and made it back before the wildcard weekend. I guess Grant either had a more serious injury or he's a 'slow healer.'

HarveyWallbangers
01-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Levens had the same damn thing in '98

Which is ironic--considering the similarities between the two.