PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers As Superbowl MVP?

Scott Campbell
01-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Is he the favorite heading into the game? How sweet would that be.

Joemailman
01-25-2011, 08:29 AM
As long as it's a Packer, I don't much care who it is. Actually, I think it would be pretty cool to see Driver or Woodson get it. Those guys will have few if any more chances in a Super Bowl. Arod will be around for a while.

vince
01-25-2011, 09:02 AM
This isn't exactly earthshattering, but I'd say, perhaps even more than most games, Arod is the key to the game for the Packers. The D will be there but Arod needs to show up too. If he does, he's the MVP.

mraynrand
01-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Bowk, Bowk, Bowk!

http://meadowhalles.wikispaces.com/file/view/Count_Your_Chickens.jpg/33048597/Count_Your_Chickens.jpg

vince
01-25-2011, 09:35 AM
You callin' me chicken Ayn for hedgin'? Arod will be MVP.

mraynrand
01-25-2011, 09:44 AM
My mistake:

http://www.ifood.tv/files/images/How_to_Incubate_Chicken_Eggs.bmp

gbgary
01-25-2011, 10:49 AM
something about counting eggs before they're hatched

Guiness
01-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Agreed on the eggs thing. A little early indeed.

My pick for Super Bowl MVP? Mathsay! Think of the precedent, an STer won it last time!

AtlPackFan
01-25-2011, 11:25 AM
IMHO, is going to be hard for Aaron to put up MVP#s against Pittsburg's D. My thought would be someone you wouldn't necessarily expect...maybe JJ, Jordy, Tramon, one of the LBs other than Mathews, etc.

Scott Campbell
01-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Bowk, Bowk, Bowk!

http://meadowhalles.wikispaces.com/file/view/Count_Your_Chickens.jpg/33048597/Count_Your_Chickens.jpg

Speculating about his chances of winning it is somewhat anticlimactic after the fact.

mraynrand
01-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Speculating about his chances of winning it is somewhat anticlimactic after the fact.

By definition, because then you are no longer speculating about future events. I'm commenting on the wisdom of speculating in the first place. But don't let me spoil your fun just because I'm a dour bastard - speculate away!

HarveyWallbangers
01-25-2011, 11:33 AM
How awesome would it be for the Packers to win the Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers named the MVP?

vince
01-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Pittsburgh is the leading defense in the league against the run and has the most sacks in the league. If the Packers win it will likely be because Arod avoids the rush relatively well and has success against their relatively average pass defense. JMO. If Rodgers doesn't effectively mix it up like he usually does in the passing game and hit a lot of receivers, the Packers don't win.

mmmdk
01-25-2011, 12:48 PM
How awesome would it be for the Packers to win the Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers named the MVP?

No worries; that's what's gonna happen. Add some spicy Slocum magic & presto Lombardi Trophy a la Green Bay Packers.

esoxx
01-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Why is Pittsburgh such a hard word to spell?

easy cheesy
01-30-2011, 10:05 PM
something about counting eggs before they're hatched

That's what I'm thinking too... let's just win this damn thing and then who cares who's MVP... as long as it's a member of the "Pack".... I'm getting a little unsettled by all the assumptions of greatness. It ain't over til it's over... GO PACK GO!!!

Lurker64
01-30-2011, 10:06 PM
The amusing thing is, that if Rodgers were to win the MVP... you could already count him ahead of his predecessor who has only one ring and no superbowl MVPs.

easy cheesy
01-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Why is Pittsburgh such a hard word to spell?

Just used to seeing Shittsburgh.....

easy cheesy
01-30-2011, 10:08 PM
The amusing thing is, that if Rodgers were to win the MVP... you could already count him ahead of his predecessor who has only one ring and no superbowl MVPs.

That would be priceless.... not amusing...PRICELESS.....

Tony Oday
01-30-2011, 10:26 PM
I would like James Jones got sweet odds!

pbmax
01-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Just used to seeing Shittsburgh.....

Just remember what they teach in Eastern Pennsylvanian schools. Each town has an H; Harrisburg has the h first because its first city of the state (the capital). Pittsburgh has an h at the end because its a hellhole.

Which, while possibly true long ago, is no longer true. Pittsburgh is a beautiful city these days. But its going to be depressed in a week's time.

pbmax
01-30-2011, 11:24 PM

Pot Stirrer!

Which is good, because this will get Bretsky's hex apparatus in high dudgeon.

easy cheesy
01-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Just remember what they teach in Eastern Pennsylvanian schools. Each town has an H; Harrisburg has the h first because its first city of the state (the capital). Pittsburgh has an h at the end because its a hellhole.

Which, while possibly true long ago, is no longer true. Pittsburgh is a beautiful city.

Whilst I am in full disagreement with your viewpoint of Pittsburgh as a "beautiful city", I will respectfully defer to your assessment.... my experience is the polar opposite of what one might consider a trip through a "beautiful city"... it was anything BUT for me...

steve823
01-31-2011, 12:04 AM
As long as it's a Packer, I don't much care who it is. Actually, I think it would be pretty cool to see Driver or Woodson get it. Those guys will have few if any more chances in a Super Bowl. Arod will be around for a while.

Completely agree. Woodson and Driver and both class acts and I would love to see them get a ring.I would also say Clifton ,but I mean I don't think an offensive lineman could ever get MVP even if he played amazing.

RashanGary
01-31-2011, 06:22 AM
FUN

BORING

My mistake:

http://www.ifood.tv/files/images/How_to_Incubate_Chicken_Eggs.bmp

This is a forum where we openly hope for things and talk about what might come. Nothings more boring than sitting around and talking about what already happened to the fine points of detail. I, personally, take pride in seeing trends and using them to make educated guesses at the future.

Scott Campbell
02-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Is he the favorite heading into the game? How sweet would that be.

Bump.

HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHH

Scott Campbell
02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm commenting on the wisdom of speculating in the first place.

This thread was the posting equivalent of trading back into the first round to get Mathews. IMO

HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

pbmax
02-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Whilst I am in full disagreement with your viewpoint of Pittsburgh as a "beautiful city", I will respectfully defer to your assessment.... my experience is the polar opposite of what one might consider a trip through a "beautiful city"... it was anything BUT for me...

A fair point, there are still portions of Pittsburgh that are not exactly spectacular vistas, much of the city has recovered nicely from its mid-70s funk. Much cleaner and more vibrant now than when I first visited. And I love the hills in the city. Great fun to drive around on.

pbmax
02-06-2011, 11:32 PM
This thread was the posting equivalent of trading back into the first round to get Mathews. IMO

Nicely done. It was a QB though, but still, nicely done.

Patler
02-06-2011, 11:34 PM
And I love the hills in the city. Great fun to drive around on.

But it can be hell to find an address in! With the hills, ravines, bridges and tunnels plotting a route can be a challenge, and GPS systems go wacky there, losing satellite contact.

pbmax
02-06-2011, 11:40 PM
But it can be hell to find an address in! With the hills, ravines, bridges and tunnels plotting a route can be a challenge, and GPS systems go wacky there, losing satellite contact.

All true. I heard that one of the first cable TV operations in the country was in Pennsylvania, because with only two major cities at opposite ends of the state and a still quite hilly mountain range, a large number of citizens could not get good reception from conventional antennas. Thus, cable TV was used to solve the reception problem. With one major antenna array somewhere high, wires could bring the signal to the town.

Iron Mike
02-07-2011, 12:32 AM
As long as it's a Packer, I don't much care who it is. Actually, I think it would be pretty cool to see Driver or Woodson get it.

Way to jinx things, Joe!!!!

run pMc
02-07-2011, 09:19 AM
The monkey is off his back!

denverYooper
02-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Aaron Rodgers had a great game and certainly deserved the MVP. I would have put Greg Jennings in that conversation too, though. He only had 4 catches but 3 of them one were huge impact plays (TD, TD, big 3rd down conversion). He also recovered Swain's "fumble" that was ruled incomplete.

mraynrand
02-07-2011, 11:05 AM

hee hee. glad you were right!

rbaloha1
02-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Deserved MVP award with a Montana type performance.

Scott Campbell
02-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Deserved MVP award with a Montana type performance.

Thanks, but it was just a simple prediction.

Or were you talking about Aaron?