PDA

View Full Version : nascar

4and12to12and4
08-09-2006, 02:12 PM
I have become a Nascar fan this year, and am falling in love with it. I still have much to learn, but I try to watch all the races, and go to nascar.com every week. My guy is Wisconsin's own Matt Kenseth, and I respect, but hate Tony Stewart. I missed the race Saturday, but saw that points leader Jimmy Johnson won, and Matt, who is right behind him in points toward the Chase came in second. If anyone here is a fan, and watched the race, can you fill me in on what Kenseth did, and any info about it? Also, how does the Chase work? I know that only the top ten points leaders make it, but that's all I know.

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2006, 02:34 PM
See the "Official Race Thread"--which Little Whiskey has been neglecting.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=891&start=120

I'll answer your question on the other thread.
:D

Partial
08-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Atta boy Harv

BallHawk
08-09-2006, 04:22 PM
I know a lot of people love racing, but honestly I can't understand why anybody would watch it. All it is, is cars going around in a circle for 4 hours. Somebody pinch me. :roll:

red
08-09-2006, 04:42 PM
oh great, here come all the hillbillies out of the woodwork

"did i see someon ova thar on the screen with the squigly lines, that they make into words, say sumpem bout nascar?

MadtownPacker
08-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Do you have to be white to enjoy Nascar? I cant stand watching it but I sure wish I could be a driver. I get practice everyday over here on the highways. :mrgreen:

digitaldean
08-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Do you have to be white to enjoy Nascar? I cant stand watching it but I sure wish I could be a driver. I get practice everyday over here on the highways. :mrgreen:

Even with all the construction around Madtown? :razz:

Little Whiskey
08-11-2006, 07:16 PM
ya i know i have been neglecting my race thread, but the new job has been seriously cutting into my posting time. maybe once i settle in, i might be online more often.

no mad you don't have to be white to watch and enjoy nascar. they race out in the cali area twice as well as in vagas. grab one of those weekends next year and attend the race. you'll be hooked.

ballhawk, the same can be said for football. actually my wife has said the same thing. why watch guys run back and forth on a field. see the race thread and learn how to get into nascar. once you follow those steps you'll be hooked. just like all sports if you don't understand it you won't appreciate it.

red, if only hillbillies were interested in nascar, i doubt companies like ups, fedex, and dupont would spend millions of dollars each year to sponser a car. think about it.

i'll see ya in the race thread. I was hoping fc would take over for me but i guess not. I'll update it shortly