PDA

View Full Version : I like Collins

Smidgeon
01-25-2011, 04:21 PM
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2011/01/25/2568/

denverYooper
01-25-2011, 04:39 PM
I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Cheesehead Craig
01-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Thread jack in the first post. Well done.

Joemailman
01-25-2011, 04:54 PM
“Two different styles of players,” Collins said. (About Polamalu) “He gets to do his own thing. He’s been in the league for a while, has that freedom. I’m still learning.

He's right. Polamalu's role on the Steelers is more like Woodson's on the Packers.

Scott Campbell
01-25-2011, 05:00 PM
I like Collins a lot better when he's not blowing assignments. Poor game against the Bears.

Smidgeon
01-25-2011, 05:02 PM
I just like that as a three time consecutive probowler, his first comment was, "I'm still learning". Plus, his goal is to get new players acclimated quickly enough to eliminate any rookie/new player drop-off. Sounds like all he wants to do is win.

I guess you don't arrive until you're done.

denverYooper
01-25-2011, 05:03 PM
I like Collins a lot better when he's not blowing assignments. Poor game against the Bears.

Seems like he's been prone to taking bad angles at bad times.

Freak Out
01-25-2011, 05:40 PM
That was just a horrible play on that Bennett TD.....embarrassing.

Joemailman
01-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Yep, went for the INT, but there was no need to do that with a 2 TD lead. All you need to do there is keep the Bears out of the end zone.

Iron Mike
01-25-2011, 06:45 PM
I'll down a few....

http://www.gamos-guide.gr/syntages/coctails/images/coctails_liq/vodka_collins.jpg

CaptainKickass
01-25-2011, 07:16 PM
I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Sorry - don't mean to participate in the thread-jack. But I did love that movie, and that scene rules.

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread...

Iron Mike
01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
I like him, too.....
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs846.snc4/71138_118770851489032_1185031_n.jpg

Did you just call me four-eyes??

mmmdk
01-25-2011, 07:48 PM

You & Patrick Bateman :lol: