PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

packrulz
01-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Pouncey in hard cast, on crutches, not happy

Posted on: January 26, 2011 11:46 am
Edited on: January 26, 2011 4:11 pm Posted by Will Brinson

Even though Ben Roethlisberger can escape about any backfield predicament, it's still beneficial for the Steelers to have as many healthy bodies on the offensive line as possible. Which makes, if you're a Pittsburgh fan, the news that Maurkice Pouncey is struggling with his ankle injury, a bit disturbing.

Jim Wexell of Steel City Insider (Steelers' Scout site) tweeted Wednesday that Pouncey was "on crutches in a cast."

Even less appealing for Pittsburgh fans -- Wexell noted that Pouncey "doesn't know when he's going to get off" the crutches and "didn't want to talk about" his injury.

The follow-up to that was that it "appeared to be a hard cast" and it "didn't look good."

In other words, either Pouncey is faking to trick the Packers into preparing not to face him or he's gotten a diagnosis that gives the impression he's unlikely to recover in time for the Super Bowl.

Either that or someone in the public relations department just informed him that because he has to use a cast and crutches, he'll also be required to answer approximately 11,435,786 questions about his injury over the next week and a half.

As will his (potential) replacement Doug Legursky who, right or wrong, called his preparation "no different than a normal week" on Wednesday.

wootah
01-27-2011, 01:58 AM
Here comes the obligatory "Raji is licking his chops" post!

packrulz
01-27-2011, 04:06 AM
I think it's a big deal, the Steelers Pro-bowl center is out and they will be starting an undrafted guy, so I follow it closely.

Steelers Pro Bowl C Pouncey out for Super Bowl

Posted on: January 26, 2011 6:08 pm
Edited on: January 26, 2011 11:05 pm

Posted by Andy Benoit

Devastating news for the Steelers: center Maurkice Pouncey is out for Super Bowl XLV. The rookie Pro Bowler suffered a high left ankle sprain when Jets linebacker Bryan Thomas inadvertently rolled up on his leg during the AFC Championship. As we wrote earlier on Wednesday, Pouncey is on crutches and in a hard cast.

Guard Chris Kemoeatu spilled the beans about Pouncey’s status. “We are definitely sad that he won’t be able to be with us in the Super Bowl,” Kemoeatu told Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Definitely I feel bad for him. We just have to win it for him.”

Doug Legursky, a third-year pro who was undrafted coming out of Marshall, will once again fill in. Legursky and Ben Roethlisberger had trouble with their snap exchange against New York. They now have two weeks to get that in order.

Pouncey’s absence hurts the offensive line’s mobility in the run game – a critical factor given that the way to attack Green Bay’s powerful front three is to force their 325-plus-pounders to play laterally. On the bright side, the Steelers at least won’t have to deal with the distraction of addressing Pouncey’s status every day for the next two weeks.

sheepshead
01-27-2011, 07:10 AM
Here comes the obligatory "Raji is licking his chops" post!

Raji-4 sacks and TD=MVP

Smeefers
01-27-2011, 08:16 AM
I think our whole D line just got a late christmas present. They can't double everyone. Raji, Jenkins, Pickett and Mathews all just got alot more dangerous.

gbgary
01-27-2011, 06:48 PM
nfl network says someone's reported that he has a broken bone in his ankle.

Joemailman
01-27-2011, 07:58 PM
I think our whole D line just got a late christmas present. They can't double everyone. Raji, Jenkins, Pickett and Mathews all just got alot more dangerous.

Those guys must be licking their chops.

Cheesehead Craig
01-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I just like that name... Pouncey.

denverYooper
01-27-2011, 08:54 PM
I just like that name... Pouncey.

Fake RogerGoodell: "Pouncey is my nickname for Jen Sterger"

Little Whiskey
02-03-2011, 06:37 PM
sounds like drive tweaked his leg yesterday. damn, i hope he's back to full strength on sunday. they need him!

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/115224499.html

Freak Out
02-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Big Ben has a headache.

MJZiggy
02-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Big Ben has a headache.
That's just PMS.

Packers4Glory
02-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Big Ben has a headache.

he can't just go rape a chick for his usual headache sex cure.

steve823
02-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Pouncey Out. - http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d81e1d5f4/article/tomlin-ailing-steelers-center-pouncey-ruled-out-of-super-bowl?module=breaking_news

Aaron Smith Out - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/04/steelers-rule-out-aaron-smith-for-super-bowl/

Fritz
02-04-2011, 04:08 PM
This is weird, that it's not the Packers' players - knock on wood. Any word on Walden today?

Patler
02-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Smith is no "loss" to the Steelers, he hasn't played since their 6th game. The Steelers kept him active all this time, hoping to get him back. They are accustomed to playing without him.

Joemailman
02-04-2011, 05:34 PM
This is weird, that it's not the Packers' players - knock on wood. Any word on Walden today?

Listed as questionable.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/115322989.html

The Packers listed everyone but linebacker Erik Walden as probable for the game. Walden, who is recovering from an ankle sprain sustained two weeks ago in the NFC Championship Game at Chicago, will be listed as questionable.

“We’ll take Erik up the game and see what happens,” McCarthy said. “I have a good feel for what he can and cannot do. Sunday I’m going to trust him and the medical staff to make that call.”