PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations!

mngolf19
01-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Been MIA for awhile, just getting back into routine. But thought I should give you guys Kudos for making it this far. Been enjoying the pain from my co-workers here in Chicago, but then it's tempered realizing who delivered it. But as the Cubs fans here say, "just wait til next year" :)

Scott Campbell
01-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Been MIA for awhile, just getting back into routine. But thought I should give you guys Kudos for making it this far. Been enjoying the pain from my co-workers here in Chicago, but then it's tempered realizing who delivered it. But as the Cubs fans here say, "just wait til next year" :)

Classy move of you to drop in and say hi.

Spaulding
01-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Welcome back, always good to see you or Rastak show up with thoughtful posts :) Seriously though, I think the signing of Frazier is huge for the Vikes. I think it will really help the atmosphere of the locker room and help with the resigning of key free agents (Greeway, Rice, etc.). He's known a players coach and and if Zimmerman and company can deliver a quality quarterback it's hard not to like the offense with Peterson, Harvin and Rice.

Going to be once heck of a NFC North these next few years.

Little Whiskey
01-27-2011, 05:48 PM
damn spaulding, how have you been here since '06 and only have 600 posts? maybe the same could be said about me.

pbmax
01-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Good to see you mngolf. Glad the Packers could add some levity to your day.

MadtownPacker
01-27-2011, 09:07 PM
That's real cool of you MN. Makes me hate you a little less.

Freak Out
01-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks Ted!

RashanGary
01-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks mngolf

There are always certain players on opposing teams that we can't stand. I'm sure you have them for our team. Then there are guys you can't help but like. If you guys got there or won it, I've seen AP, Urlacher, Jared Allen, Lovie Smith, etc. . . . grow in their careers. I can't help but be happy for some of those guys. Then there is the Chilly's, Favre's, Cutlers, Peppers (after that hit) I can't help but wish ill will on those guys. When it comes to our guys, I like'em all, cocky ones, jerks, etc. They're our jerks. But that's the way of it I guess. But thanks for the olive branch. I'd like to think some of us would do it for you too.

Travbrew
01-28-2011, 07:26 AM
damn spaulding, how have you been here since '06 and only have 600 posts? maybe the same could be said about me.

I can beat that!

Scott Campbell
01-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Seriously though, I think the signing of Frazier is huge for the Vikes. I think it will really help the atmosphere of the locker room and help with the resigning of key free agents (Greeway, Rice, etc.). He's known a players coach and and if Zimmerman and company can deliver a quality quarterback it's hard not to like the offense with Peterson, Harvin and Rice.

Do you really believe that, or are you just being nice?

Spaulding
01-28-2011, 09:05 AM
SC, honestly believe that (still early in the day so no alcohol in my system yet, just coffee). The Vikes have several issues (OL, DL, secondary) but when you have play makers on offense and some excellent defensive veterans (Greenway, Henderson, KWilliams and Winfield who is still a difference maker although getting up in age) I wouldn't be surprised to see a quick turnaround if they can obtain a solid QB. Webb might be that player in a few years but might be too late for the aging defense.

Although I used to live in the Twin Cities and had to put up with some awful Viking fans and all the bandwagoners, living now well away from the Metro area, I'm lucky to work with quite a few diehards that are great to banter with.

As for the number of posts Whiskey, have been pretty quiet as I haven't had too many things of value to add and love to just read the insightful posts. That and three young boys that have caused premature graying limit my time on the computer :)

MadtownPacker
01-29-2011, 12:59 PM
As for the number of posts Whiskey, have been pretty quiet as I haven't had too many things of value to add and love to just read the insightful posts.Cmon man, do you really find value in any the shit these lowlifes post? Dont trip, standards are low at PR.com. :lol:

Fritz
01-29-2011, 04:19 PM
MN you show class ducking in to congratulate. Makes it harder to blindly hate the Vikings and their fans.

Damn you.

gbpackfan
01-29-2011, 04:24 PM
I know, mng is the only Vikings fan I can stand.

pbmax
01-29-2011, 04:33 PM
I know, mng is the only Vikings fan I can stand.

Hello, forget Rastak?

swede
01-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Brent's time in Minnesota screwed up our relationship with Rastak.

Give it time. It's not like he'll get good football talk out of a Viking forum.

Bretsky
01-29-2011, 05:22 PM
very classy move to congrad us

mmmdk
01-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks mngolf19 & fine thread you made! :tup: Classy!

pbmax
01-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Brent's time in Minnesota screwed up our relationship with Rastak.

Give it time. It's not like he'll get good football talk out of a Viking forum.

Very true. I just hope it heals before the draft (if there is a draft). We can't expect Lurker to do all the work on the draft thread.