PDA

View Full Version : Steeler's Center OUT

Little Whiskey
01-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Looks like players are saying that Pouncy is out for the superbowl. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/114683794.html

that could really free up Mathews if Raji has to be doubled because of the backup center. also, i believe that i read somewhere that both starting Tackles are out too. you would think this would slow the run game down.

wootah
01-27-2011, 05:02 PM
This is also covered in the 'Injuries' thread.

Nevertheless, "Raji is licking his chops"!

Little Whiskey
01-27-2011, 05:12 PM
ooops. didn't see that one. my screen refreshes too fast and I miss the threads that have unread posts. oh well.

HarveyWallbangers
01-27-2011, 07:42 PM
I think this is a ploy. I'll wait until he's officially ruled out.

red
01-27-2011, 08:12 PM
he's got a high ankle sprain and a broken bone in his ankle. right now he's in a cast and on crutches

Lurker64
01-27-2011, 08:19 PM
he's got a high ankle sprain and a broken bone in his ankle. right now he's in a cast and on crutches

It would be one hell of a ploy if, indeed it is a ploy. Considering that the Steelers are every bit as much rooted in tradition and excellence as we are, I think this level of subterfuge is beneath them.

pbmax
01-27-2011, 08:43 PM
It would be one hell of a ploy if, indeed it is a ploy. Considering that the Steelers are every bit as much rooted in tradition and excellence as we are, I think this level of subterfuge is beneath them.

I think the report is legit, but no team is above lying about an injury report. The Steelers hid Big Ben's rib injury (including lying to Peter King) after word leaked that he was X-Ray's for a fractured rib. They later held that they weren't lying since it turned out to be one step below a fracture and it didn't keep him from practicing.

They denied the X-Ray and they denied any injury altogether (I think there was a problem with previously not disclosing it on injury reports).

Lurker64
01-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I think the report is legit, but no team is above lying about an injury report. The Steelers hid Big Ben's rib injury (including lying to Peter King) after word leaked that he was X-Ray's for a fractured rib. They later held that they weren't lying since it turned out to be one step below a fracture and it didn't keep him from practicing.

They denied the X-Ray and they denied any injury altogether (I think there was a problem with previously not disclosing it on injury reports).

I think there's a significant difference between "a lie of omission" on an injury report and "circulating stories to make an injury seem more grievous than it is". "You're fine, rub some dirt on it" is part of the culture of football, after all.

Kiwon
01-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Tough break for him......then again the Packers got 15 guys on the IR and are dying inside.

swede
01-28-2011, 07:26 AM
I think the national media are missing a story here. Will he be in the team picture?

Little Whiskey
01-28-2011, 07:42 AM
I think the national media are missing a story here. Will he be in the team picture?

or is he pussing out and not playing, thus letting his team down. do you think other players are tweeting that he is a horrible teammate?