PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jackson Chip Block and Dump Off Catch

Spaulding
01-27-2011, 05:41 PM
I swear I saw a video on ESPN the other day showing BJack chipping an incoming Bears LB and then turning around for a dump off pass from Rodgers that went for a nice first down. Guess I didn't realize or appreciate the beauty of it until I saw it replayed and was wondering if anybody else caught that clip?

Made me think that his contributions on 3rd down aren't recognized enough and that although not really starting running back material, that if he isn't resigned that we it might be a more noticeable impact on 3rd down conversions (given his blitz pickup skills and good hands) than expected.

Bossman641
01-27-2011, 05:52 PM
I swear I saw a video on ESPN the other day showing BJack chipping an incoming Bears LB and then turning around for a dump off pass from Rodgers that went for a nice first down. Guess I didn't realize or appreciate the beauty of it until I saw it replayed and was wondering if anybody else caught that clip?

Made me think that his contributions on 3rd down aren't recognized enough and that although not really starting running back material, that if he isn't resigned that we it might be a more noticeable impact on 3rd down conversions (given his blitz pickup skills and good hands) than expected.

I believe you are referring to the play in the 2nd quarter when he left Urlacher grasping for air. Jackson is a really good third down back.

pbmax
01-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Jackson and Kuhn have decleated DEs with chip blocks. Its fun to see and obviously very effective.

mraynrand
01-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Didn't Kuhn do that in the NE game and then catch the TD pass. I recall th '95 regular season game in Dallas where Edgar Bennett 'chip' blocked Charles Haley before going to the flat - he didn't get thrown the ball (I think it was the long TD to Chmura), but Haley ended up on his ass. It was a remarkable play. What you wanna bet he shows that clip to his guys....

TennesseePackerBacker
01-27-2011, 07:17 PM
That was actually the key play of the Packers 2nd touchdown drive. I feel like many posters on here don't appreciate all the little things Jackson does right. Pass blocking being one of those.

HarveyWallbangers
01-27-2011, 07:45 PM
I think most appreciate the fact he's a very good 3rd down back--while also being a below average 1st and 2nd down back. He has his place on this team. That place isn't as the primary ball carrier.

Cheesehead Craig
01-27-2011, 08:33 PM
All that stutterstepping BJack did during the season really came to fruition on that play. Rumor is Urlacher is still trying to find his jock.

bobblehead
01-28-2011, 03:13 PM
I think the superior blocking and heady play of all our RB's is a direct reflection on Edgar Bennet who made a career out of doing that very thing....the epitomy of the undertalented/heady player....and he's not even white!!! (bennet that is)