PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Twin Cities watching the game saturday

No Mo Moss
08-09-2006, 05:06 PM
I was hoping a couple people from the Twin Cities would be watching the game Saturday. Gabes on Lexington is a great Packer Bar and that's where I'll be. They have all the preseason games on Live. Hopefully some others can meet there.

Tyler?

4and12to12and4
08-09-2006, 05:12 PM
I'll be in the Chicagoland area, Packnut, know any good Packer bars in this area?

Deputy Nutz
08-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey No Mo, why don't you be a good little packer fan and go over to Hudson and watch the game with real packer fans?
Not those commie Minnesota packer fans, like Murphy before he moved

No Mo Moss
08-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey there is a ton of good packer fans up here. Most of them like me grew up in Madison or someplace in WI. Hudson is a Dive. There are quite a few Packer Bars for a town with the VIkings in it!

ahaha
08-09-2006, 07:32 PM
I was hoping a couple people from the Twin Cities would be watching the game Saturday. Gabes on Lexington is a great Packer Bar and that's where I'll be. They have all the preseason games on Live. Hopefully some others can meet there.

Tyler?

I've recently moved to Minneapolis, but don't know where the Packer bars are yet. Where is Gabes on Lexington?

Rastak
08-09-2006, 07:41 PM

Tyler?

I've recently moved to Minneapolis, but don't know where the Packer bars are yet. Where is Gabes on Lexington?

1 mile from my house ahaha. It might be fun for me to stop down and terrorize you guys.....well, not really, I'm pretty mellow and wouldn;t mind seeing the game.

Rastak
08-09-2006, 07:45 PM

Tyler?

1 mile from my house ahaha. It might be fun for me to stop down and terrorize you guys.....well, not really, I'm pretty mellow and wouldn;t mind seeing the game.

Hey, all kidding aside it is literally walking distance from my house....if you guys do get together maybe I'll stop down and catch the game with you.

CyclonePackFan
08-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Hey there is a ton of good packer fans up here. Most of them like me grew up in Madison or someplace in WI. Hudson is a Dive. There are quite a few Packer Bars for a town with the VIkings in it!

Hudson sucks (I'm in River Falls, so I'm obligated to say that). Still, it was nice to put in a tape from my senior year of football and point out to my friends, "Yeah, we beat Hudson. The best part of it? See those two bookends on their O-Line? Those two are Kraig Urbik and Eric VandenHeuvel, they start for the Badgers." (Actually, they're both really nice guys, we all threw shot and disc in track season and hung out a lot)

Got a family reunion this weekend, otherwise I'd watch it with y'all.

ahaha
08-09-2006, 08:07 PM
[/quote]

Hey, all kidding aside it is literally walking distance from my house....if you guys do get together maybe I'll stop down and catch the game with you.[/quote]

That doesn't help me, as I don't know where you live. But, I think I found the website. Gabes Sports Bar in St. Paul, right?

Rastak
08-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Hey, all kidding aside it is literally walking distance from my house....if you guys do get together maybe I'll stop down and catch the game with you.[/quote]

That doesn't help me, as I don't know where you live. But, I think I found the website. Gabes Sports Bar in St. Paul, right?[/quote]

Yea, you'd take 94 to snelling exit....then head down to Thomas ave...take a right......take a left on Lexington and it's on the corner of como and lexington. If you aren't far from 94 it's very easy to get to....maybe 2-3 miles off 94.

ahaha
08-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks Rastak. I live close to 94, and I bank at the Associated on Snelling.

Rastak
08-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks Rastak. I live close to 94, and I bank at the Associated on Snelling.
If you go there.

No I don't but just go north when you get off on Snelling...not sure if I mentioned that.

Deputy Nutz
08-09-2006, 08:18 PM

Hudson sucks (I'm in River Falls, so I'm obligated to say that). Still, it was nice to put in a tape from my senior year of football and point out to my friends, "Yeah, we beat Hudson. The best part of it? See those two bookends on their O-Line? Those two are Kraig Urbik and Eric VandenHeuvel, they start for the Badgers." (Actually, they're both really nice guys, we all threw shot and disc in track season and hung out a lot)

I coached both those kids when i lived in hudson.

HarveyWallbangers
08-09-2006, 09:50 PM
I won't be able to get away for the preseason games. I'll have to watch the re-broadcast on the NFL Channel. I go to Hudson often. Usually for the big games when I want the karma to be right.

CyclonePackFan
08-09-2006, 10:44 PM

I coached both those kids when i lived in hudson.

It's a small world after all...

Rastak
08-09-2006, 10:47 PM
I won't be able to get away for the preseason games. I'll have to watch the re-broadcast on the NFL Channel. I go to Hudson often. Usually for the big games when I want the karma to be right.

Oh come on, if ahaha and No No (damn that sounds funny) stop down at Gabes Saturday then you should make the time also....maybe Tony Oday
and Jack could make it also....I'd be willing to stop down and watch the game whilst being neutral in my cheering.....LOL.....I'm serious, I could do that.....

HarveyWallbangers
08-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Oh come on, if ahaha and No No (damn that sounds funny) stop down at Gabes Saturday then you should make the time also....maybe Tony Oday and Jack could make it also....I'd be willing to stop down and watch the game whilst being neutral in my cheering.....LOL.....I'm serious, I could do that.....

I'm game during the regular season, but I have a baby, so I have to pick and choose when I want permission to go out.
:D

Zool
08-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Oh come on, if ahaha and No No (damn that sounds funny) stop down at Gabes Saturday then you should make the time also....maybe Tony Oday and Jack could make it also....I'd be willing to stop down and watch the game whilst being neutral in my cheering.....LOL.....I'm serious, I could do that.....

I'm game during the regular season, but I have a baby, so I have to pick and choose when I want permission to go out.
:D I hear ya Harvey. I'm in the same boat. I wouldnt mind driving up but its family time this weekend.

Rastak
08-10-2006, 08:16 AM

Well, I don't have a baby and I STILL need permission to go out....LOL...

jack's smirking revenge
08-10-2006, 09:34 AM

Tyler?

I'm definitely considering hitting Gabe's for the game. Best place in the Cities to watch a Packer game. I'll see if I can't get my Packer crew to meet there. PM me and I'll send you my phone number so we can connect.

tyler

AV David
08-10-2006, 10:15 AM

I will see you at Gabes on Saturday night.

AV David

Tony Oday
08-10-2006, 10:39 AM
I dont think I can make it with the little one and I think the wife is having a girls night. :(

I thought the game would be on locally or atleast on the NFL ticket put I remmebered that preseason isnt on the ticket. Are we sure it isnt on the local fox station?

HarveyWallbangers
08-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm going to see if the wife will okay the time for this.

fUZZ
08-10-2006, 10:57 AM
I'll be there too. See you there boys.

Tony Oday
08-10-2006, 03:12 PM
So is it not on Fox here?

Chester Marcol
08-10-2006, 03:32 PM
So is it not on Fox here?

No. The only time it is scheduled on my DirecTV guide is on the CBS west feed and a replay on the NFL channel at midnight.

Tony Oday
08-10-2006, 03:32 PM
midnight on Saturday or Sunday?

Chester Marcol
08-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Saturday Midnight. The actual game could still be going when they start it on NFL. I hope they don't mess with the schedule like they did in years past.

Tony Oday
08-10-2006, 03:43 PM
So I will be hammered at 2 am :) hehe

No Mo Moss
08-10-2006, 04:32 PM

Harv I don't want to hear excuses. You need to have priorities man. Let's see baby/family vs hanging out with some PRats watchin the game. easy one. Prats!

No Mo Moss
08-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Great, well how the hell are we going to tell who everyone is. I got it. I'll be the drunk guy with the packers jersey on.

Well on second though that is everyone there. What do you think, Name tags?

I will of course only respond to No Mo all night.

As long as the bartender doesn't tell me that :twisted:

Seriously though....ideas?
This should be fun.

Cheesehead Craig
08-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Cool, more Packer fans in Minneapolis. Another place to watch the Packer games is the Park Tavern in St. Louis Park. Not as much fun as Gabe's, but at least you can get a seat at PT.

No Mo Moss
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Cool, more Packer fans in Minneapolis. Another place to watch the Packer games is the Park Tavern in St. Louis Park. Not as much fun as Gabe's, but at least you can get a seat at PT.

Yeah that bar can be cool during the regular season. Too many Vikings fans though. I don't think they have pre-season games though. I watched the first bears game there last year, it not that far from my house. I got harassed all the time by some annoying trolls.

HarveyWallbangers
08-10-2006, 10:06 PM
There's a solid chance I'll be there. Maybe I should wear my Levens jersey.

Cheesehead Craig
08-10-2006, 10:06 PM
I was there for that one I believe. I'll be there for several games this year, whenever the Pack are not being broadcast on network TV. Maybe see you there, it's about 5 min from my house.

superfan
08-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Good to see the twin cities love for the Pack. I'll be there, sounds like fun. I'm a newbie to the board, but if any of you Rats want to stop by, I'll be wearing a Badger #5 jersey -- shouldn't be too many of those at Gabe's.

No Mo Moss
08-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Great!!!!!

If anyone else is coming then say so on here. I'll make name tags with our Avatars on them. Should be fun. Let me know.

ahaha
08-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Great!!!!!

If anyone else is coming then say so on here. I'll make name tags with our Avatars on them. Should be fun. Let me know.

A Minnesota Packerrat convention, I like it. Count me in.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Who is getting there early enough to save us all seats?

Looks like we have the following:

No Mo Moss
Rastak
Harvey
ahaha
jack
AV David
fUZZ
superfan (cool avartar; "I'm your huckleberry")

Anybody getting there around 8 or so and can save 8 seats?

Rastak
08-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Who is getting there early enough to save us all seats?

Looks like we have the following:

No Mo Moss
Rastak
Harvey
ahaha
jack
AV David
fUZZ
superfan (cool avartar; "I'm your huckleberry")

Anybody getting there around 8 or so and can save 8 seats?

Rastak is a maybe now, I'm going to the irish fair on harriet island that afternoon, per the wife (not negotiable)....I will absolutely show up to say hello to my fellow rats if I ain't too hammered and she doesn't trump me with...."no, you can't go". All that said, I will do my best to be there...how will I know you all? Whose name will the table be in?

Rastak
08-11-2006, 11:27 PM
What time does the game kickoff on Saturday....?

I think I'm going to REALLY try to make this event...I think it would be fun to meet some packerrats in person.

HarveyWallbangers
08-11-2006, 11:36 PM
9 PM

Rastak
08-12-2006, 06:44 AM
9 PM

Cool.....I'll try and be there if I can.

jack's smirking revenge
08-12-2006, 12:33 PM
I'll probably be there around 8. I'll be wearing a beaten Favre jersey. Will probably be one of the only longhairs in the joint. Hope to see ya'lls there.

tyler

superfan
08-12-2006, 05:03 PM
I'll definitely be there, and will be wearing the Badger #5 jersey, which should be easy to find. First Rat to come to me in person and tell me the name of the player that #5 represents gets a FREE Kurt Campbell Bowman's rookie card. :smile:

Rastak
08-12-2006, 05:30 PM
I'll probably be there around 8. I'll be wearing a beaten Favre jersey. Will probably be one of the only longhairs in the joint. Hope to see ya'lls there.

tyler

Sorry Jack, you'll be longhair number 2....LOL...I'll be the guy with the light blue bandana, long hair and a viking shirt on.....

edit: despite having about 7 pints of beer at the irish fair this afternoon I'm going to stop down...I'll be the hammered guy.

Rastak
08-12-2006, 05:58 PM

tyler

Sorry Jack, you'll be longhair number 2....LOL...I'll be the guy with the light blue bandana, long hair and a viking shirt on.....

edit: despite having about 7 pints of beer at the irish fair this afternoon I'm going to stop down...I'll be the hammered guy.

Hey Harvey, you gonna make it?

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2006, 06:01 PM
I'll be there. I think I might go old school and wear my Levens jersey. Shouldn't miss me then. I might not be there until close to game time (although I could be there earlier), so reserves two seats for me.

MJZiggy
08-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Harv, please see your pms.

No Mo Moss
08-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Alright, I just talked to the owner and he said they're pretty confident they'll be able to get the game feed. He said he's fielded 100s of calls today so I think I'll get there at 7:30 and try and reserve us a table. I think I'll print out some signs other wise we will never be found. Look around the place for a dude in a trusty packer visor. If anyone else can get there early that would be cool so I don't have to site there alone to long. Cheers!!!!

Rastak
08-13-2006, 12:54 AM
I live the closest to Gabes so I get to reply first......

It seems a good time was had by all. Great to meet ahaha, harvey and no no...also jack. Quality people as expected.....the Packers didn't do too well but I had a great time chatting football with the lads....

No No Moss
ahahah
Jack
Harvey

Great to meet you, had a good time and got hammered too. We'll b e talking this football season. After 14 pints.....good night.

No Mo Moss
08-13-2006, 12:55 AM
Well Everyone, that was a really good time. It's so funny to meet all of you. Rastak, you're too cool man, you cracked me up. Jack...I hope your girlfriend was OK with our total Packer madness. Good stuff from everyone. We'll have to do it again sometime soon.

No Mo Moss
08-13-2006, 12:57 AM

It seems a good time was had by all. Great to meet ahaha, harvey and no no...also jack. Quality people as expected.....the Packers didn't do too well but I had a great time chatting football with the lads....

No No Moss
ahahah
Jack
Harvey

Great to meet you, had a good time and got hammered too. We'll b e talking this football season. After 14 pints.....good night.

Ras, I'm suprised you could actually type. I thought it would be more like this...
heyk guyss in was goody seeeeing you allll therew.

God Bless Summit Beer!!!!!

Partial
08-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Who all showed? That is awesome guys!!!

Cheesehead Craig
08-13-2006, 01:03 AM
Wish I could have been there. Family function duties. I don't get much priority on seeing the preseason games, but definately will get together with you all during the regular season.

Rastak
08-13-2006, 01:10 AM

No No Moss
ahahah
Jack
Harvey

Ras, I'm suprised you could actually type. I thought it would be more like this...
heyk guyss in was goody seeeeing you allll therew.

God Bless Summit Beer!!!!!

It's damn fine stuff, that;s for sure.......night all...

No Mo Moss
08-13-2006, 01:12 AM
There was a couple of us there. I brought the camera, but forgot to take pictures. I've got to pass out.............Night!!!

Partial
08-13-2006, 01:22 AM
Hahahha sounds like you guys had a blast. That's really cool. Drink lots o' water fellas!!

jack's smirking revenge
08-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Last night rocked. The game was terrible, but it was definitely cool to meet No Mo, Ras, superfan, ahaha, Harvey, and others in the flesh. Next time, we'll have to get more Rats out. Thanks for making the game a fun experience guys. Let's do it again!

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
08-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Any one game for next Saturday?

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
08-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Last night rocked. The game was terrible, but it was definitely cool to meet No Mo, Ras, superfan, ahaha, Harvey, and others in the flesh. Next time, we'll have to get more Rats out. Thanks for making the game a fun experience guys. Let's do it again!

tyler

I second that. Everybody was cool. I had a good time. I won't contradict RaskaK on every point now--since I see that he's a cool dude.

superfan
08-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Yes, definitely a fun time and great to meet everyone, although I think I'll hold off for a bit on making Pack Super Bowl plans.

:roll:

I'm unavailable next weekend, but I think we need to repeat that for several other games this season.

Rastak
08-13-2006, 01:07 PM

tyler

I second that. Everybody was cool. I had a good time. I won't contradict RaskaK on every point now--since I see that he's a cool dude.

LOL...well, if it's warrented go right ahead. That was a blast for sure but damn I was full of beer by the end of the day...

No Mo Moss
08-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Ras, sorry that I had to force em down your throat. The suds were sliding down pretty easy though...that's for sure. I'm out of town next week, but we should definately do it again. Otherwise we could get together at someone's house for a few big games this season. I have a huge TV and would be up for it sometime. At any rate very fun. I wasn't sure what to expect, but you guys are characters in the flesh as much as you are in the written text.

Rastak
08-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Ras, sorry that I had to force em down your throat. The suds were sliding down pretty easy though...that's for sure. I'm out of town next week, but we should definately do it again. Otherwise we could get together at someone's house for a few big games this season. I have a huge TV and would be up for it sometime. At any rate very fun. I wasn't sure what to expect, but you guys are characters in the flesh as much as you are in the written text.

Yea I hear ya...I'll be 100% honest here....I'm walking down to Gabes and I'm thinking...hey, does this really make sense...I don't know these guys, may not even find them, wearing a Viking shirt in a Packer bar....how will it turn out....etc etc.....so half way there I decide, the hell with it, no turning back, I bet it'll be a good time. And of course it was fun.

For you folks that weren't there:

No No Moss: Cool guy, very well spoken and could sell you a plot of land in Florida. (I bet you do well at work No No)

Harvey: Very football and fantasy football savay as you guys already know.
Easy to talk football with, solid guy.

Ahaha: He's cool. He had a Packer friend and a Viking friend with him. He's a nice guy...his packer buddy was cool too, very easy to talk with. His Viking buddy was pretty hammered I think...nice guy though.

Jack: Hangin with his chick most of the night but stopped over a few times. I wish I would have gotten a chance to chat more with him....very nice guy.

Hey Jack, you into music? Didn't get a chance to talk to you much...just curious.

Final note, No No...your suggestion might work...it'll be harder during the season for me but it's possible. The rest of the guys could probably pull it off....but we'll see.
but not impossible.

No Mo Moss
08-13-2006, 11:12 PM
hey Rasta it's No Mo Moss not No No Moss. I like your little write up. Here's one on you.

Rastak:
Comes into the bar with his Viking tank top and headphones around his neck with long hair hangin down from his bandana. Funny guy, someone you'd like to have a beer with. So we had ten.

No Mo Moss
08-13-2006, 11:14 PM
For you folks that weren't there:

No No Moss: Cool guy, very well spoken and could sell you a plot of land in Florida. (I bet you do well at work No No)

Maybe I should start selling time-shares in Orlando.

jack's smirking revenge
08-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Hey crew. Thanks for being patient about me bringing my girlfriend along. I'm really trying to get her into football (her family is purple through and through and she hasn't been poisoned by them), so a fun setting like Gabe's with Packer Rats friends went a long way. I'm hopeful my bro starts posting here again after hanging out with everyone (he's one of those people that signed up, posted a few times, but hasn't been on much since). It was a little crazy since we got a table, ordered food and then had to settle up and move to a different location to be with the PR family. Next time I'll be able to hang and chat more. Looking forward to that.

Good times.

tyler