PDA

View Full Version : SHUT THE F*@K UP ABOUT THE PICTURE ALREADY!!!!!!

gbpackfan
01-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Rodgers addressed the picture deal and now Barnett and Finley are tweeting a bunch of shit about it again. What a bunch of fucking morons! Let's move on already. We look like a bunch of in-fighting bitches. GOD this is so stupid. Shut the fuck up Barnett!

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110129/PKR01/110129023/Rodgers-criticism-of-IR-players-sets-off-Barnett-on-Twitter

pbmax
01-29-2011, 04:22 PM
At least now we know what will be blamed if the Packers lose. Good to get that uncertainty out of the way.

Fritz
01-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Oh for fuck's sake. Rodgers, shut up. Barnett and Finley, shut the fuck up. Everybody on that team shut the fuck up.

Jaysus.

gbpackfan
01-29-2011, 04:25 PM
This reminds me of the Javon Walker-Brett Favre thing a little bit. Its a stupid picture. The guys on IR should be in it. Why is this so difficult to figure out.

Tony Oday
01-29-2011, 04:27 PM
AR is the leader Barnett and Finley get in line or get the fuck out of the way.

RashanGary
01-29-2011, 04:30 PM
If this is week 12 nobody cares. If this is NFCC week nobody cares. Because it's the superbowl, it's a huge drama. Rodgers spoke the truth. Those two should be with the team the way Tauscher and Grant and many others are. Barnett likes to party. Finley likes to party.

My brother just got this sick Jersey hookup where he was able to get legit NFL jersey's for $26. I ordered Finley because I love his attitude on the field. I'm regretting that now.

RashanGary
01-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Barnett's making the Hawk decision much easier. LOCK HAWK UP.

sheepshead
01-29-2011, 04:39 PM
I think it shows leadership on Rodgers part.Plus..he has a point. I recall seeing Taucsh several times running out of the tunnel. Choosing between those that stayed and those that didnt, I think he has a point. I also think the locker room will back him on this one. rather than a distraction, it could bring the team closer together. Especially the guys that are playing as a result of those injuries.

ND72
01-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Oh for fuck's sake. Rodgers, shut up. Barnett and Finley, shut the fuck up. Everybody on that team shut the fuck up.

Jaysus.

Gonna assume this might be what McCarthy says to the team.

The Shadow
01-29-2011, 04:49 PM

100% agree!

steve823
01-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Not going to lie, this twitter in the nfl is bullshit. All it does it make up bullshit stories and create problems. I wish they would just make it so that if your in the NFL you don't have a dam twitter.

Patler
01-29-2011, 04:56 PM
I have a vision of this team picture turning out like our family pictures did when our kids were all young. One player will make a face at another. Then the other will poke the first one. More will get involved backing one or the other. One will say something stupid to another. Pretty soon one is complaining to McCarthy and another is crying. McCarthy yells, "Behave or I will tell Ted!" All while the photographer stands there looking dumbfounded.

BallHawk
01-29-2011, 04:58 PM
As if Barnett's play wasn't enough of a reason to not bring him back next year...

gbgary
01-29-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/images/smilies/smilie_thud.gif

Bretsky
01-29-2011, 05:21 PM
honestly, this was a dead issue and AROD was a stupid shit for opening up the can of worms. He should have been smarter than that

Packers4Glory
01-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Barnett is expendable. Finley is much much harder to replace but it does have a feeling of Favre/Walker starting to develop.

RashanGary
01-29-2011, 05:23 PM
As if Barnett's play wasn't enough of a reason to not bring him back next year...

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lurker64
01-29-2011, 05:28 PM

Yeah, Barnett has pretty much tweeted his way onto another team. Hawk's agent might well want to encourage Barnett to tweet more.

Thankfully, at least, Finley is staying out of this second kerfuffle. Him, we keep.

RashanGary
01-29-2011, 05:28 PM
honestly, this was a dead issue and AROD was a stupid shit for opening up the can of worms. He should have been smarter than that

Packers exclude injured players from the team photo and 1/2 of the superbowl trip
Barnett and Finley get upset and tweet it publicly
AR and CW go to MM and say the players want it changed
MM changes it, but makes annoyed comments at the podium that essentially dismiss Finley and Barnett as idiots
AR comes out and makes comments about them not staying with the team in public. (true, but the wrong time and place. It has nothing to do with the issue and it looks like AR is taking shots at NB and JF to make them look bad)
NB tweets pissed off shit at AR and JF agrees

Dumb shit. The Packers definitly look like amateurs here. The stage is too big for them. Win and it all goes away. Lose and MM catches a shit load of flack for such a messy operation. That whole not including them in the photo or trip is just plain idiotic and then not owning up to it and instead taking hidden jabs at the podium multiplied it. Own up you idiots. It all goes away when if you deal with it like men.

denverYooper
01-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Finley will forget all about it the first time Rodgers hits him for 65 yards up the sideline.

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-29-2011, 05:33 PM
I understand both sides to be honest. If you are injuried I believe that staying in Green bay rehabing and traveling with the team on game days shows that you really love the team and really want the team to succeed. Finley and Grant were also right in that they should be included in the team photo as well. They put there bodies on the line and got hurt in battle it is not their fault that they ended up on IR. AR should of shut the hell up though b/c the story was dying and he just threw some gasoline on it. I was fine with Barnetts and Finleys comments b/c it got them on the team photo. AR should have let it die even though he is right.

The person who scheduled the team photo to not include IR players is who is really to blame.

denverYooper
01-29-2011, 05:35 PM
It sure seems like Rodgers picked a poor time to do it and a poor channel to go through but he's not been the kind to be careless about his words in the past. I do wonder if there is some other calculation behind his speech.

BallHawk
01-29-2011, 05:38 PM
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks JH. BTW, was that jersey deal you got hooked up with available online? I remember there was a site floating around here a while ago that had cheap jerseys but I haven't been able to find it. Is this something like that?

packerbacker1234
01-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Eh, the media I think makes more of this then there really is. Barnett even finally admitted he never meant to be a distraction, he just wanted to be included - which is understandable. Finley is still young and is still tyring to change his life - so getting at odds with AR is not a good step for him. STILL, AR didn't name anybody. I think The case is shut right now - the IR players will be in the photo. They just need to all get together and have a nice talk, clear the air.

Not really a distraction come game day.

RashanGary
01-29-2011, 05:41 PM
A lady my brother works with has a son who's somehow plugged into the Packers. They're ordering like 50 jersey's and they're all $26. It's the ones with the SB emblem on the shoulder. I got a white Finley, got my wife a white/(pink numbers) AR and got my mum inlaw a white (green numbers) womens #52. I woulda ordered 5 of them but I didn't want to take advantage.

denverYooper
01-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Eh, the media I think makes more of this then there really is. Barnett even finally admitted he never meant to be a distraction, he just wanted to be included - which is understandable. Finley is still young and is still tyring to change his life - so getting at odds with AR is not a good step for him. STILL, AR didn't name anybody. I think The case is shut right now - the IR players will be in the photo. They just need to all get together and have a nice talk, clear the air.

Not really a distraction come game day.

Agree. In the end it likely will only result in the two vocal IR guys being a bit sore for a bit. It won't affect the team that's going to take the field.

gbgary
01-29-2011, 05:49 PM
It sure seems like Rodgers picked a poor time to do it and a poor channel to go through but he's not been the kind to be careless about his words in the past. I do wonder if there is some other calculation behind his speech.

i wonder when AR was actually asked about it and made the comment...before the matter was fixed maybe? someone decided to wait until now to make it public?

red
01-29-2011, 05:51 PM
can they cut barnett right now? my god what a fucking asshole. he made this hole giant distraction. he could have just handled it all in private but he just had to go public with it

he kept saying that the guys on the IR are part of the team too, and i started to wonder about that.

IMO, a-rod said what many on the team were thinking. guys like barnett and finley are not the reason why this team is in the super bowl. they got hurt early and then took off not to be heard from until training camp. you see guys like grant and tauscher on the sidelines during game, being there with their fellow teamates. you look at the guys that are standing on the sidelines in street clothes during a regular season game, those are the "team" players, those are packer people. then try and figure out who's missing, the ones that no longer care because they aren't playing, those are the me first guys

i think nick felt left out or forgotten because the team has done so well without him, so he decided to make some noise and bring some attention to himself. he can go, he's proven he's not packer people

PaCkFan_n_MD
01-29-2011, 05:54 PM
can they cut barnett right now? my god what a fucking asshole. he made this hole giant distraction. he could have just handled it all in private but he just had to go public with it

he kept saying that the guys on the IR are part of the team too, and i started to wonder about that.

IMO, a-rod said what many on the team were thinking. guys like barnett and finley are not the reason why this team is in the super bowl. they got hurt early and then took off not to be heard from until training camp. you see guys like grant and tauscher on the sidelines during game, being there with their fellow teamates. you look at the guys that are standing on the sidelines in street clothes during a regular season game, those are the "team" players, those are packer people. then try and figure out who's missing, the ones that no longer care because they aren't playing, those are the me first guys

i think nick felt left out or forgotten because the team has done so well without him, so he decided to make some noise and bring some attention to himself. he can go, he's proven he's not packer people

Good points.

Packers4Glory
01-29-2011, 05:55 PM
this situation has made the entire team look like a bunch of amateurs

denverYooper
01-29-2011, 05:57 PM
i wonder when AR was actually asked about it and made the comment...before the matter was fixed maybe? someone decided to wait until now to make it public?

I believe he made the comments today at his locker.

pbmax
01-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Yeah, Barnett has pretty much tweeted his way onto another team. Hawk's agent might well want to encourage Barnett to tweet more.

Thankfully, at least, Finley is staying out of this second kerfuffle. Him, we keep.

Not quite. Finley Tweeted a 'that is the truth' message after Barnett's postings.

denverYooper
01-29-2011, 06:02 PM

I feel that the bold is probably very close to why he spoke. The more I think about it, the more I believe his intent was to publicly stick up for the guys that got them there and to reiterate that they did it by playing as a team.

Freak Out
01-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Holy fuck....I thought this was a dead issue. Sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut and twitter closed. Damn children. :)

Bretsky
01-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Packers exclude injured players from the team photo and 1/2 of the superbowl trip
Barnett and Finley get upset and tweet it publicly
AR and CW go to MM and say the players want it changed
MM changes it, but makes annoyed comments at the podium that essentially dismiss Finley and Barnett as idiots
AR comes out and makes comments about them not staying with the team in public. (true, but the wrong time and place. It has nothing to do with the issue and it looks like AR is taking shots at NB and JF to make them look bad)
NB tweets pissed off shit at AR and JF agrees

Dumb shit. The Packers definitly look like amateurs here. The stage is too big for them. Win and it all goes away. Lose and MM catches a shit load of flack for such a messy operation. That whole not including them in the photo or trip is just plain idiotic and then not owning up to it and instead taking hidden jabs at the podium multiplied it. Own up you idiots. It all goes away when if you deal with it like men.

FIVE CLAP POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spot on

pbmax
01-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Not going to lie, this twitter in the nfl is bullshit. All it does it make up bullshit stories and create problems. I wish they would just make it so that if your in the NFL you don't have a dam twitter.

How is Twitter making up stories? Rodgers, Barnett and Finley are doing a good enough job of that by themselves. I can't wait 'til media day.

"How will the snub of the IR players affect the team?", "How will the rift between Rodgers and two of his teammates affect the team with the photo just two days before the Super Bowl."

The issue itself is dumb. Four thousand questions later, the players will be sorry it ever came up. And that doesn't even allow for someone to say something even more monumentally stupid.

Bretsky
01-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Holy fuck....I thought this was a dead issue. Sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut and twitter closed. Damn children. :)

rather than wasting time on twitter the natives should be eating Caramel at the Oval Office !

Patler
01-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Sounds like Rodgers is trying just a little to hard to be the team leader. Sometimes you lead by saying nothing.

I wonder if Rodgers was a little peeved at Barnett taking credit for getting it changed. Barnett's comment about it being something a leader had to do, when from the sounds of it Rodgers and Woodson got it fixed by discussing it face-to-face with MM.

DannoMac21
01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Everyone needs to shut the fuck up. We're 8 days away from the fucking Super Bowl. Are you fucking kidding me?

Tarlam!
01-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Before we all go slamming Rogers, take a look at this interview. http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Head-Coach-Mike-McCarthy-PC/002a1935-c959-4bd3-9a5d-e9d9a04c7522#?id=d537ebc2-29cf-4c97-b141-e77e30901385

The guy has a right to say what he said. Publicly.

vince
01-29-2011, 07:38 PM
If the Packers lose, it'll be because of their performance on the field. Nick Barnett tweeting is not going to affect that.

denverYooper
01-29-2011, 07:45 PM
If the Packers lose, it'll be because of their performance on the field. Nick Barnett tweeting is not going to affect that.

+1

gbgary
01-29-2011, 07:51 PM
well...they've got a day or two to put this shit to bed. there's going to be enough distractions without creating their own.

Patler
01-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Before we all go slamming Rogers, take a look at this interview. http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Head-Coach-Mike-McCarthy-PC/002a1935-c959-4bd3-9a5d-e9d9a04c7522#?id=d537ebc2-29cf-4c97-b141-e77e30901385

My apologies to Aaron Rodgers. Listening to the entirety of the questions and answers, the inflections in his statements, etc. givings a much different impression of what he said and what he meant. The written quotes make is sound much different, not to mention the editoral comment in the article about Rodgers taking a jab at two team mates. Listening to the tape, its not there at all.

Pugger
01-29-2011, 08:07 PM
When will these kids/players learn that if they tweet something it is no longer a private matter?? If they had a beef about the photo then they should have gone into MM's office instead. If MM is smart he'll tell his players NOT to tweet or text ANYTHING until after the game.

SMBASS
01-29-2011, 09:32 PM

This more or less sums up my feelings as well. This twitter crap has really gotton out of control. Didn't these clowns ever hear the saying, "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Man, what a bunch of babies. If I was M.M. I'd tell all of the players that from this moment forward the only right answer to ANY question about the picture is, "No comment." or he's going to start handing out some hefty fines. Kill this stupid issue once and for all right now.

gbpackfan
01-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Finley is now on twitter saying more shit about it. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU BIG, STUPID IDIOT!

pbmax
01-29-2011, 09:55 PM
well...they've got a day or two to put this shit to bed. there's going to be enough distractions without creating their own.

In the old days, they would have settled their differences privately and then gone and duct taped Mason Crosby to the goalpost. Its time for that plan.

P.S. Just went to listen to Tar's link for the audio of Rodgers' interview. And I noticed Masthay was listed among the interviews and saw his picture. What is it with Packers and red haired, strong legged punters?

http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2010/09/05/01/MasthayTimBW.standalone.prod_affiliate.79.jpghttp://sportspressnw.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Ryan_Jon.jpghttp://msn.foxsports.com/fe/images/NFL/Headshots/140x170/4783.jpg

gbgary
01-29-2011, 09:56 PM

yup. taken out of context. wonder how the quote was presented to barnett and by whom.

gbgary
01-29-2011, 09:58 PM
In the old days, they would have settled their differences privately and then gone and duct taped Mason Crosby to the goalpost. Its time for that plan.

:)

gbgary
01-29-2011, 10:06 PM
http://twitter.com/JermichaelF88

http://twitter.com/NickBarnett

Fritz
01-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Everyone needs to shut the fuck up. We're 8 days away from the fucking Super Bowl. Are you fucking kidding me?

What he said.

billy_oliver880
01-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Finley: Fans listen, I love u all, and have been working my tail off 5 hrs a day since I have arrived in Arizona.

HAHA 5 hours a day huh? Lazy Fuck.

pbmax
01-29-2011, 10:39 PM
The distractions, they just keep a comin'. This is a new (I think) ad campaign for water. And I think they are a Super Bowl sponsor. Oy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvcuqw9wZeI

Smidgeon
01-29-2011, 10:58 PM
I happen to like Nick Barnett. And I think he's still a good football player (not great, but good). I still haven't forgiven him for 4th and 26, but getting to the Super Bowl this year makes up for that (sort of). I just think that outside of football, he reacts instead of purposefully saying things. I think it really got out of hand and he really does wish he hadn't said anything. I don't think he's a bad guy. And I most certainly hope that this doesn't weigh in on whether or not GB keeps him. And this has nothing to do with "Packer People". This has to do with thinking things through, which he often seems to not do.

Guiness
01-30-2011, 01:49 AM
I have a vision of this team picture turning out like our family pictures did when our kids were all young. One player will make a face at another. Then the other will poke the first one. More will get involved backing one or the other. One will say something stupid to another. Pretty soon one is complaining to McCarthy and another is crying. McCarthy yells, "Behave or I will tell Ted!" All while the photographer stands there looking dumbfounded.

Remember Cal Ripken Jr getting his nose broken, and almost missing a game because of an errant elbow during a team (or all-star game?) picture?

Guiness
01-30-2011, 02:03 AM
I love where he says "and I don't know what Mike was talking about as far as my shoulder, so..."

Uh-oh. Was MM sandbagging it with a report of a shoulder injury? 8)

Joemailman
01-30-2011, 07:28 AM
http://twitter.com/JermichaelF88

http://twitter.com/NickBarnett

Kind of funny that Finley said this in one of his tweets:

Think before y'all speak

Scott Campbell
01-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Much ado bout nuthin.

mraynrand
01-30-2011, 08:37 AM
I want me some of that - I mean the water, of course.

The distractions, they just keep a comin'. This is a new (I think) ad campaign for water. And I think they are a Super Bowl sponsor. Oy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvcuqw9wZeI

pbmax
01-30-2011, 08:46 AM
I have always wondered if coaches are that familiar with their players injuries at the end of the game. With all they need to pay attention to, can they really know who tweaked a hammy if that player isn't on the field in front of them, essentially witnessing it? I think I have heard them say they only get an update on the headset if a player is unavailable. Then there is a quick rundown with the trainer or doc after the game prior to the press conference.

When a coach is unbelievably vague with reporters about injuries, I half assume he has barely any recollection of that injury and is just playing along, saying as little as possible so as not to betray the fact that he has no idea what the reporter is talking about.

Its good that this appears to be the case with Rodgers shoulder.

gbgary
01-30-2011, 08:59 AM
i don't know where the shoulder thing came from either. AR didn't take a hit on it on his touchdown run. it was below and behind. he made many hard throws in later drives.

Smidgeon
01-30-2011, 10:10 AM
i don't know where the shoulder thing came from either. AR didn't take a hit on it on his touchdown run. it was below and behind. he made many hard throws in later drives.

I thought it was when he landed. But since he's not hurt, I guess it's irrelevant.

RashanGary
01-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Those low throws at the end of the game were just weird. He made several good decisions and the ball just fell lame starting with the int off drivers foot. I could buy a shoulder problem, but AR said he has no injury so hopefully he's telling the truth.

Cheesehead Craig
01-30-2011, 11:18 AM
Dear Mr. Barnett,
Just because you are vocal does not make you a leader. Just means you talk a lot.
After your first Twitter debacle about the picture you apologized for not wanting to be a distraction. Once again you went vocal about a comment that was taken out of context and have had to apologize for not wanting to being a distraction. This is what happens to loudmouths, not leaders. Please start to learn the difference between the two. Careful you don't get many more of these as the leader of the ballclub, Mr. Thompson may very well realize that your best value is a trade for a draft pick with some other team to end your distractions here.

Iron Mike
01-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Dear Mr. Barnett,
Just because you are vocal does not make you a leader. Just means you talk a lot.
After your first Twitter debacle about the picture you apologized for not wanting to be a distraction. Once again you went vocal about a comment that was taken out of context and have had to apologize for not wanting to being a distraction. This is what happens to loudmouths, not leaders. Please start to learn the difference between the two. Careful you don't get many more of these as the leader of the ballclub, Mr. Thompson may very well realize that your best value is a trade for a draft pick with some other team to end your distractions here.

Barnett's future:

http://www.shmucksmack.com/wp-content/gallery/tard/funny-shit-literally.jpg

Joemailman
01-30-2011, 02:53 PM
FWIW, Rodgers today said he talked to Barnett on Saturday and everything is fine. "It's a non-issue."

As for Barnett, he has closed his Twitter account. I guess if you're an alcoholic, it's best not to even be in a room with liquor.

Tarlam!
01-30-2011, 04:13 PM
I guess if you're an alcoholic, it's best not to even be in a room with liquor.

Joe, not a good analogy, mate.

gbgary
01-30-2011, 05:42 PM
I thought it was when he landed. But since he's not hurt, I guess it's irrelevant.

he landed on his left side. yup...he's not hurt so full steam ahead. i hope he plays a game for the ages.

easy cheesy
01-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Considering we're on page two... I don't think the title of the thread is going to be accomplished anytime soon... with that being said.... y'all can just tell me to....

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/STFU_NOOB.jpg