PDA

View Full Version : So... No Parade if we win

Smeefers
01-31-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm listening to WTAQ 1360 AM this morning and Jerry Bader reports that there is not going to be a packer parade if they win the super bowl. They're just going to do the whole Lambeau field celebration. They said the reason was because back in 1996, the city did a horrible job with the parade.

That sucks. In 1996, I was 15. I got out of school to go to the parade with my folks and it's one of the best memories I have from my childhood was standing around with all the other fans and high fiving and drinking hot coco and all that jazz. Actually, thinking about it, I don't think anyone had school the day after the super bowl.

gbgary
01-31-2011, 09:21 AM
celebration talk is not good. just ask the dallas mavericks.

Little Whiskey
01-31-2011, 09:59 AM
time to send in Rodgers and Woodson to talk to the old ball coach. they don't need parade-gate

swede
01-31-2011, 10:54 AM
This would be similar to the Kohler Company and the US Open at Whistling Straits. Sheboygan was gearing up to make lots of money from all of the visitors. What happened was...Herb Kohler made lots of money.

Parades don't make money for the Packers. Opening up Lambeau makes lots of money for the Packers.

And, if you asked me, it would be way more fun to go to Lambeau and participate in a celebration anyway.

Those of you that were in Green Bay celebrating in '97 may have a more educated opinion.

mraynrand
01-31-2011, 11:05 AM
This would be similar to the Kohler Company and the US Open at Whistling Straits. Sheboygan was gearing up to make lots of money from all of the visitors. What happened was...Herb Kohler made lots of money.

Parades don't make money for the Packers. Opening up Lambeau makes lots of money for the Packers.

And, if you asked me, it would be way more fun to go to Lambeau and participate in a celebration anyway.

Those of you that were in Green Bay celebrating in '97 may have a more educated opinion.

Maybe Nick Barnett could hand out complementary team pics as you come through the gate

sheepshead
01-31-2011, 01:45 PM
This is the silliest week in sports. I recall all the garbage in '96. I remember one guy calling in on how inappropriate he thought James Brown was as a halftime show. Then he called him a blues singer.

Little Whiskey
01-31-2011, 03:16 PM
This is the silliest week in sports. I recall all the garbage in '96. I remember one guy calling in on how inappropriate he thought James Brown was as a halftime show. Then he called him a blues singer.

Blues are the roots and all the rest are its fruits. so in that respect, yes he is a blues singer.

Scott Campbell
01-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Maybe Nick Barnett could hand out complementary team pics as you come through the gate

Nick will probably choose to conduct his celebration in Arizona.

Smidgeon
01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Nick will probably choose to conduct his celebration in Arizona.

There's more one on one treatment options there...

Bretsky
01-31-2011, 06:34 PM
I am fine with whatever GB decides; I was one to travel to the GB celebration inside of the stadium. That is where it should be. Everybody in Lambeau was totally pumped.

But first the parade went downtown through the streets, and it was a nightmarishly longer than expected. A complete clusterf.ck out there.

I think it went about six hours over, and some who planned on the Lambeau celebartion just left.

By the time the bus got back to Lambeau only a few came out to speak at the Lambeau celebration.

Freak Out
01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
I remember watching parts of "Return to Titletown" on TV...man it looked brutal out there that day. I thought only Alaskans were dumb enough to have a parade in sub zero weather.

Bretsky
01-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Think about the morons who were waiting in the stadium for four to six hours in the sub zero weather.