PDA

View Full Version : 15 Most Irreplacable Players of SB XLV

Tarlam!
01-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Check this link out:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/587252-maurkice-pouncey-the-15-most-irreplaceable-players-of-super-bowl-xlv

No prize for guessing who made #1 on this list.

I really wanted TT to draft Pouncy but he was well gone and I'm happy they got Bulaga. Anyway, Pouncy made this list as well as the pro bowl, but he looks like he's out for the Big Dance. That must have Raji smacking his chops.

If they're forced to double Raji, then they'll need to keep a TE or HB back to take care of either Jenkins or Mathews.

Any thoughts?

Fritz
01-31-2011, 01:50 PM
I think the guy will play. It's the Super Bowl.

Guiness
01-31-2011, 01:54 PM
I'd flip #1 and #2.

Most irreplaceable...I'd still feel we had some hope with Flynn in there if something happened to Aaron Rodgers. How do you think Pitt feels about Charlie Batch? A much bigger drop-off.

I know, Batch won some games earlier this year, but that was on the strength of the defense, not his play. We almost beat NE with Flynn at the helm.

Funny that Shields makes the 'list' while Williams and Woodson don't. He's our 3rd CB - I'd feel more confident about being able to replace him than one of the other two!

Guiness
01-31-2011, 01:56 PM
I think the guy will play. It's the Super Bowl.

Who, Pouncey?

Think they'll cut the cast off and let him play?

Tarlam!
01-31-2011, 02:02 PM
I'd flip #1 and #2.

Most irreplaceable...I'd still feel we had some hope with Flynn in there if something happened to Aaron Rodgers. How do you think Pitt feels about Charlie Batch? A much bigger drop-off.

I know, Batch won some games earlier this year, but that was on the strength of the defense, not his play. We almost beat NE with Flynn at the helm.

Funny that Shields makes the 'list' while Williams and Woodson don't. He's our 3rd CB - I'd feel more confident about being able to replace him than one of the other two!

I can go with what you're saying, but I think they got it right for the very point you make. their defense won them their games (3-1 with Batch). The Pack only had an "almost" win.

Fritz
01-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes, I do think Pouncey will play. It's the Super Bowl. Cast or no cast, he's gonna play. I just think he won't miss this.

vince
01-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Play or not, Pouncey struggles the most with big bulky bowling balls even when healthy. He's 300 and can't handle Raji. Legursky will struggle too with Raji as he's small for a lineman. Welcome to prime time BJ.

Maybe it's homerism, but I just don't see the Steelers having an easy time with GB's D.

Fritz
01-31-2011, 04:02 PM
My friend and I talked about this today. The extra rest for the big bodies - Jenkins and his calf problem, Raji, Pickett - should put a little juice back into those legs.

Might be tough for the Steelers.

Guiness
01-31-2011, 05:33 PM
Yes, I do think Pouncey will play. It's the Super Bowl. Cast or no cast, he's gonna play. I just think he won't miss this.

Your prognostication skills are spot on!

http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/27324135
Tomlin optimistic on Pouncey despite appearances