PDA

View Full Version : Bob McGinn being interviewed

bobblehead
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/general/37714089.html?bcpid=8725036001&bcplid=764249516001&bctid=773668323001

I've always liked McGinn, even when some here haven't.

Packman_26
02-02-2011, 08:27 AM
I agree with him, but I do think its funny how a Super Bowl appearance can make needing a new LT a small problem.

mmmdk
02-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I agree with him, but I do think its funny how a Super Bowl appearance can make needing a new LT a small problem.

:lol: Spot on, Packman!

vince
02-02-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm convinced Bulaga is the next LT, or if they get someone better than him, all the better. Then he can stay where he's at. They need a couple more o-linemen though... I think Lang can step in at RT or LG and MAYBE McDonald or EDS, but one of those guys is probably Wells' successor. That leaves a couple spots to fill. I'm not convinced Newhouse can play or whether he'll be healthy enough since he's already having back problems. They tend to re-occur but we'll see.

Assuming Bulaga steps in at LT, the other spots are relatively "small."

bobblehead
02-02-2011, 10:30 AM
I think Bulaga can be adequate at LT, but until I see more time there I won't be sure he is the answer....I do however think Cliffy has 1 or 2 seasons left in the tank...OL is the position where guys can last the longest. His body has taken a beating, but he seems to have hit his stride as far as balancing rest and work.

RashanGary
02-02-2011, 04:53 PM
McGinn is the most plugged in of all writers and he brings the best content. A couple small things soured me on him. I would read his chats and he was always impressed with the work Thompson would do, but then the articles would read completely different, like he was looking to stir of a frenzy of Thompson haters.

That was my pet peeve with him. He's seen this coming though. He knows what the Packers are all about, just chooses to write interesting stories over accurate ones from time to time. Maybe that's part of being a writer, gotta sell papers.

When someone woudl come here with a McGinn article saying, "look, Bob McGinn suggests TT is doing it differently than Wolf and his article suggests it's holding TT back", it would drive me nuts because the week before he'd talk in his chat about how on track TT has thsi team. Now an arguement can be made for Ted being a much better GM tahn Wolf but we'll see how that pans out in time. The article suggesting TT woudln't make it because of not using FA like Wolf seems silly now and the funny thing is, if you listened to BM's cahts he didn't even believe it when he wrote it.

That's the type of thing McGinn wrote where it was interesting and everyone wanted to talk about it, but he didn't even believe it.

bobblehead
02-02-2011, 06:23 PM
McGinn is the most plugged in of all writers and he brings the best content. A couple small things soured me on him. I would read his chats and he was always impressed with the work Thompson would do, but then the articles would read completely different, like he was looking to stir of a frenzy of Thompson haters.

That was my pet peeve with him. He's seen this coming though. He knows what the Packers are all about, just chooses to write interesting stories over accurate ones from time to time. Maybe that's part of being a writer, gotta sell papers.

When someone woudl come here with a McGinn article saying, "look, Bob McGinn suggests TT is doing it differently than Wolf and his article suggests it's holding TT back", it would drive me nuts because the week before he'd talk in his chat about how on track TT has thsi team. Now an arguement can be made for Ted being a much better GM tahn Wolf but we'll see how that pans out in time. The article suggesting TT woudln't make it because of not using FA like Wolf seems silly now and the funny thing is, if you listened to BM's cahts he didn't even believe it when he wrote it.

That's the type of thing McGinn wrote where it was interesting and everyone wanted to talk about it, but he didn't even believe it.

I agree with this. I think often he writes articles with the mindset of "how can TT be better" and we read it as criticism, but when he does chats its more "what has TT done overall" He wrote an article after the draft about taking hughes and getting Brown? in the second. He was saying Brown would end up as a better pass blocker than Bulaga and we really needed hughes. I think even McGinn would admit that those types of articles are written for entertainment more than serious football discussion. You take the best football talent/player available when you pick because you don't know what will happen in the future.