PDA

View Full Version : National Media Flip-Flop on Rodgers

VegasPackFan
02-01-2011, 11:54 PM
A friend of mine here in Las Vegas and I were talking before the playoffs. He mentioned that he had been hearing that "Rodgers hasn't won anything signifincant yet, especially in the playoffs." I argued that the D in his 1st year let him down late in games and last year that the man put up superhuman numbers against the Cards in the playoff game ( I was at that game) - for his first playoff experience.

So this year as each playoff game progressed, the language started to change. Many adjectives and superlatives were being thrown around. Now Rodgers is often referred to as "The Great Aaron Rodgers", or he is described as playing the "Best at the QB position in the universe."

It cracks me up that these people have no foresight and no ability to predict greatness. They just jump on the bandwagon. Screw the media - I hope Rodgers kills it Sunday and then they can all grovel.....

vince
02-02-2011, 06:11 AM
I read this on another board that quoted Cliff Christl extolling the virtues of his playmakers theory from Packers Plus in 2007...

"The Packers can continue to draft the likes of Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, Greg Jennings, Daryn Colledge, and Jason Spitz from now until doomsday and it won't get them anywhere close to the Super Bowl..."

His premise has been proven completely wrong, and regarding the individuals, a monkey could get 2 out of 5 flickin shit against the wall.

RashanGary
02-02-2011, 07:15 AM
I read this on another board that quoted Cliff Christl extolling the virtues of his playmakers theory from Packers Plus in 2007...

"The Packers can continue to draft the likes of Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, Greg Jennings, Daryn Colledge, and Jason Spitz from now until doomsday and it won't get them anywhere close to the Super Bowl..."

His premise has been proven completely wrong, and regarding the individuals, a monkey could get 2 out of 5 flickin shit against the wall.

I'm going to send this old quote to him. See what he has to say.

Scott Campbell
02-02-2011, 08:58 AM
A friend of mine here in Las Vegas and I were talking before the playoffs. He mentioned that he had been hearing that "Rodgers hasn't won anything signifincant yet, especially in the playoffs." I argued that the D in his 1st year let him down late in games and last year that the man put up superhuman numbers against the Cards in the playoff game ( I was at that game) - for his first playoff experience.

So this year as each playoff game progressed, the language started to change. Many adjectives and superlatives were being thrown around. Now Rodgers is often referred to as "The Great Aaron Rodgers", or he is described as playing the "Best at the QB position in the universe."

It cracks me up that these people have no foresight and no ability to predict greatness. They just jump on the bandwagon. Screw the media - I hope Rodgers kills it Sunday and then they can all grovel.....

Enjoy it while it lasts. Guys typically get built up so that they can be torn down later.

SkinBasket
02-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Fuck the media... look at half the people on this board who wanted him castrated for taking sacks instead of making risky throws as his pissshit offensive line crumbled around him play after play.

bobblehead
02-02-2011, 10:23 AM

Cliffy also says that "playmakers" are drafted in the top 10 picks something like 76% of the time, then names 5 playmakers (this is way in the past) 2 of which were Favre and Frank Gore...a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Lets look at the packers recently gaining playmaker status. Mathews 23?, Rodgers 23, TWill undrafted FA, Jennings 2nd, Collins 2nd, wait...Raji was a 9.

Zool
02-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Fuck the media... look at half the people on this board who wanted him castrated for taking sacks instead of making risky throws as his pissshit offensive line crumbled around him play after play.

This. The only difference between people on a message board and people working for newspapers, tv and internet sports sites are the paychecks. We don't know shit and they don't know shit. If any of us did, we'd be working in the sport not bitching about it and sounding stupid more often than not.