PDA

View Full Version : With a chip on their shoulder

CaptainKickass
02-02-2011, 07:35 PM

If the Packers were worried about being overconfident, too distracted, or the media favorite - things that may lead them to playing "soft" during Sunday's Superbowl - then I implore the Packers players and coaching staff to use the following NFL "shuns" as player motivation:

Clay Matthews -

First it was announced by the media that Clay was the winner of the DMVP of 2011 and then - "oops" our bad, we made a mistake - it actually went to Troy Polamalu. That whole oops announcement is BS. Should have never happened.

I got this from Clay's Facebook Page:

Clay Matthews III (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Clay-Matthews-III/105468829517556) I didn't win but it's okay, I'll show them who is really the DPOY on sundayMike McCarthy -

Didn't win Coach of the year instead it went to a guy who already has 2 - Bill Belicheat. Now, the fact that he didn't "win" the award isn't nearly as appalling as the fact that he didn't even get a single solitary vote.

From PFT:

Belicheat garnered 30 of the 50 votes. Raheem Morris of the Bucs and Todd Haley of Kansas City split second place with 11.5 votes apiece. Mike Smith (Falcons), Andy Reid (Eagles), Lovie Smith (Bears), and Steve Spagnuolo (Rams) each received one of the remaining votes.I guess that overcoming the most injured players this season and actually improving defensively as a result (something just short of miraculous) wasn't enough to even get one single vote. This is an absolute outrage.

I sure hope to hell that this Packer team gets wind of these facts, comes out and plays absolutely on fire while viciously keeping the hammer down for the duration, and brings the Lombardi trophy home to it's rightful place while metaphorically wiping its ass with the rest of the NFL.

Bring the respect back to Green Bay gentlemen!

mraynrand
02-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Bill beat McCarthy head-to-head. Everyone saw it. A great coach doesn't allow a record return by a lineman on his watch. People know what a poorly coached team looks like.

P.S. :roll:

packerbacker1234
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Bill beat McCarthy head-to-head. Everyone saw it. A great coach doesn't allow a record return by a lineman on his watch. People know what a poorly coached team looks like.

P.S. :roll:

A "coach of the year" doesn't let a backup QB go up and down the field in his house, almost letting him pull off the win in the end (if he had more 2 minute practice time, it definitely appeared likely we win the game). Sure you can say special teams doesn't let a linemen go 70 on a return - but we still went into HIS HOUSE, without our STAR RB, STAR TE, or STAR QB and STILL almost won. We made NE look less then stellar with a slew of backup players.

A lot of people came out of that head to head match up very IMPRESSED with GB. They almost beat the best team in the NFL with lots of injuries and a backup QB. Heh, MM clearly outcoached Bill in that game.

mraynrand
02-03-2011, 12:38 AM
A "coach of the year" doesn't let a backup QB go up and down the field in his house, almost letting him pull off the win in the end (if he had more 2 minute practice time, it definitely appeared likely we win the game). Sure you can say special teams doesn't let a linemen go 70 on a return - but we still went into HIS HOUSE, without our STAR RB, STAR TE, or STAR QB and STILL almost won. We made NE look less then stellar with a slew of backup players.

A lot of people came out of that head to head match up very IMPRESSED with GB. They almost beat the best team in the NFL with lots of injuries and a backup QB. Heh, MM clearly outcoached Bill in that game.

:roll:

ThunderDan
02-03-2011, 08:38 AM
:roll:

Hey, little cute cuddle puppy, I think you need to work on your sarcasm a bit. It seems a lot of the natives aren't catching on. (One of those laughing emoticons)

Tony Oday
02-03-2011, 10:18 AM
shouldn't we change the font color to green for sarcasm ;)

Fritz
02-03-2011, 01:19 PM

If the Packers were worried about being overconfident, too distracted, or the media favorite - things that may lead them to playing "soft" during Sunday's Superbowl - then I implore the Packers players and coaching staff to use the following NFL "shuns" as player motivation:

Clay Matthews -

First it was announced by the media that Clay was the winner of the DMVP of 2011 and then - "oops" our bad, we made a mistake - it actually went to Troy Polamalu. That whole oops announcement is BS. Should have never happened.

I got this from Clay's Facebook Page:

Mike McCarthy -

Didn't win Coach of the year instead it went to a guy who already has 2 - Bill Belicheat. Now, the fact that he didn't "win" the award isn't nearly as appalling as the fact that he didn't even get a single solitary vote.

From PFT:

I guess that overcoming the most injured players this season and actually improving defensively as a result (something just short of miraculous) wasn't enough to even get one single vote. This is an absolute outrage.

I sure hope to hell that this Packer team gets wind of these facts, comes out and plays absolutely on fire while viciously keeping the hammer down for the duration, and brings the Lombardi trophy home to it's rightful place while metaphorically wiping its ass with the rest of the NFL.

Bring the respect back to Green Bay gentlemen!

It's worse than that, even. As I posted on another thread:

The President of the United States is against them. And Brian Urlacher. And guys like Howard Green and Erik Walden were rejected by other teams. And kids used to tease Mason Crosby in grade school, comparing him to that movie star midget guy. In sixth grade, Charles Woodson was teased mercilessly, his classmates calling him "Woody" in front of all the girls. Ryan Pickett was teased for being fat when he was a second grader. Donald Driver's brother used to steal Donald's last sandwich. Daryn Colledge's mother has the words "false start" tatooed on her left forearm. Brent Favre's wife ridicules his penis size.

Oh, wait. Never mind that last one.

Alone, abandoned by the entire world, these Packers have only each other. Friends, brothers in blood, they charge ahead, doing it for themselves and for each other.

denverYooper
02-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Hey, little cute cuddle puppy, I think you need to work on your sarcasm a bit. It seems a lot of the natives aren't catching on. (One of those laughing emoticons)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIXaSMFacAE6d1ywME3EW415WyGQ3jv LNubobolygnKkRFgAJU8A&t=1

denverYooper
02-03-2011, 01:58 PM

The President of the United States is against them. And Brian Urlacher. And guys like Howard Green and Erik Walden were rejected by other teams. And kids used to tease Mason Crosby in grade school, comparing him to that movie star midget guy. In sixth grade, Charles Woodson was teased mercilessly, his classmates calling him "Woody" in front of all the girls. Ryan Pickett was teased for being fat when he was a second grader. Donald Driver's brother used to steal Donald's last sandwich. Daryn Colledge's mother has the words "false start" tatooed on her left forearm. Brent Favre's wife ridicules his penis size.

Alone, abandoned by the entire world, these Packers have only each other. Friends, brothers in blood, they charge ahead, doing it for themselves and for each other.

You forgot Aaron Rodgers and Brett Goode fumbling through their set of contemporary guitar pop tunes at the Java Hut's open mic night.

CaptainKickass
02-04-2011, 03:33 AM

Shazam!

That's top notch Fritz. Top notch.

Joemailman
02-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Brandon Underwood still hasn't gotten his money back from those ladies he met.