PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl official says 5 hurt, 1 critically, by ice falling off Cowboys Stadium

Jimx29
02-04-2011, 04:14 PM
maybe this will knock the greedy smirk off jerry jones face for awhile......at least until he realizes that this means there are a few more tickets to sell

http://www.twincities.com/ci_17295410?nclick_check=1

Fritz
02-04-2011, 04:16 PM
None of them were Packers, right?

Jimx29
02-04-2011, 04:27 PM
all the info i'm reading seems to indicate it was spectators, not anyone from the Packers or Pittsburgh.

Guiness
02-04-2011, 07:20 PM
From the article:

The six people hurt Friday were private contractors who had been hired by the NFL to prepare the stadium for the game.

This part was funny though

The Dallas-Fort Worth area received as much as 5 inches of snow overnight, and by Friday morning downtown Dallas hotels were selling ski hats and scarves alongside cowboy hats. A winter storm warning was issued for suburban Arlington

On Wednesday, I shoveled a foot of snow off my driveway, and I think it snowed 5 inches while I was out there doing it! Winter storm warning indeed.

gbgary
02-04-2011, 07:28 PM
sad that people were hurt but laughing at jerry jones' continued bad luck with this season. hilarious!!

Jimx29
02-04-2011, 07:29 PM
From the article:

This part was funny though

On Wednesday, I shoveled a foot of snow off my driveway, and I think it snowed 5 inches while I was out there doing it! Winter storm warning indeed.

That info wasn't there when I first posted it. Basically all the original story was was 2-3 lines.