PDA

View Full Version : Honor the Football Gods: SB feast

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 10:01 AM
So what you bitches got cooking up for today? Trying to make mine as genuine WI as possible. Cant recall everything I ate when I went to Lambeau but Im making brats (this time gonna simmer in beer like the legit style) with sauerkraut, nacho bar, deep fried pork ribs, deep fried habanero hot wings, potato salad, hella chips, brownies and some fucking snickerdoodle cookie to make sure Im as German as Im gonna be. Plus some vodka (might make a gimlet).

MJZiggy
02-06-2011, 10:09 AM
My GOD! HOW could I have left snickeroodles off the menu??? We're having Kielbasa with homemade mac & cheese and crab dip with crackers and tortilla chips for snacking on.

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 10:17 AM
What a pendeja, how you gonna forgot them? Just go buy some of these for like $2 each. They are done in like 20 mins. Mac and cheese does sound good though.

http://www.wegmans.com/prodimg/352/200/016000474352.jpg

ThunderDan
02-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Chili, great for a football Sunday when the snow is flying outside and it is nice and warm inside.

red
02-06-2011, 10:24 AM
you're lying mad

its gonna be your usually tacos, burritos and refried beans with a handful of coke

you can't fool us

MJZiggy
02-06-2011, 10:29 AM
What a pendeja, how you gonna forgot them? Just go buy some of these for like $2 each. They are done in like 20 mins. Mac and cheese does sound good though.

http://www.wegmans.com/prodimg/352/200/016000474352.jpg

My mom would disown me for that kinda shit. The real recipe doesn't take long either and my kid can help.

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 10:34 AM
you're lying mad

its gonna be your usually tacos, burritos and refried beans with a handful of coke

you can't fool usMfer!! :-x

I was spicifically trying to avoid all that shit. Someone even suggested I include tortillas cuz my bro-in-law will want some and I said "What the fuck is he gonna do, use it for a hotdog bun? Hell no!". Hate to break up your klan rally but today the taco truck gets closed.

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 10:38 AM
My mom would disown me for that kinda shit. The real recipe doesn't take long either and my kid can help.
Your Mom should disown you for not having them done in the first place. I have had real German (made by a real German lady) snickerdoodles and these aint that bad.

ThunderDan
02-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Mfer!! :-x

I was spicifically trying to avoid all that shit. Someone even suggested I include tortillas cuz my bro-in-law will want some and I said "What the fuck is he gonna do, use it for a hotdog bun? Hell no!". Hate to break up your klan rally but today the taco truck gets closed.

Yeah, you finally learned to spell Klan with a K and not a C.

You better come up to Lambeau in 2011 for a beer or three.

red
02-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Mfer!! :-x

LOL

if you want some real german food make some bread dumplings with gravy

bobblehead
02-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Mad...take my advice and cut a few onions in quarters and drop them in the simmering beer and brats. Flat MONEY!

Iron Mike
02-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Chili, great for a football Sunday when the snow is flying outside and it is nice and warm inside.

Same here.

Packers4Glory
02-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm not changing much of anything. I'm sitting at home watching, w/ chili. I'm keeping my "routine as normal as possible"...

OS PA
02-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Mad...take my advice and cut a few onions in quarters and drop them in the simmering beer and brats. Flat MONEY!
Better yet, talk a half of a stick of butter, cut up two or three onions, saute the onions first, then add the beer, then add the brats, then add the kraut.

Fosco33
02-06-2011, 11:54 AM
So what you bitches got cooking up for today? Trying to make mine as genuine WI as possible. Cant recall everything I ate when I went to Lambeau but Im making brats (this time gonna simmer in beer like the legit style) with sauerkraut, nacho bar, deep fried pork ribs, deep fried habanero hot wings, potato salad, hella chips, brownies and some fucking snickerdoodle cookie to make sure Im as German as Im gonna be. Plus some vodka (might make a gimlet).

MTP - one guess... wake 'n bake menu creation!

You've got a pretty good list there. Only suggestion - instead of just nacho cheese - mix in some ground up/fried sausage (preferably the 'hot' kind). Goes great w/ the chips or nachos or fritos or whatever you stoner NorCal guys munch on.

Gimlet is a pretty good call - but my buddies always give me shit for drinking it. Make it a gin/tonic or a straight-up martini for the Italian (milwaukee) flavor.

PLUS - you really should be drinking Bloody Mary's right now...

Fosco33
02-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Unrelated question for you, MTP.

What does the 'G' on the packer helmet represent (for you)? There's a decent buried thread on here about it.

Fosco33
02-06-2011, 11:59 AM
My GOD! HOW could I have left snickeroodles off the menu??? We're having Kielbasa with homemade mac & cheese and crab dip with crackers and tortilla chips for snacking on.

MJ-

If you're much of a baker... Try the following. My mom/grandma (Green Bay natives) used to call this 'Green Shit'.
The wife made it for me last night for good luck.

Pistachio torte

1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup chopped nuts

Mix together and press into greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 Degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.

8 Oz Cream Cheese
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Container of Large Cool Whip

Mix together and spread on first layer.

2 Pkg of Instant Pistachio Pudding
3 Cups Cold Milk.

Mix at high speed until thickened.

Spread on 2nd Layer.

Top with rest of Cool Whip, Shaved Chocolate candy Bar, or finely chopped Nuts.

MJZiggy
02-06-2011, 12:03 PM
MJ-

If you're much of a baker... Try the following. My mom/grandma (Green Bay natives) used to call this 'Green Shit'.
The wife made it for me last night for good luck.

Pistachio torte

1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup chopped nuts

Mix together and press into greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 Degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.

8 Oz Cream Cheese
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 Container of Large Cool Whip

Mix together and spread on first layer.

2 Pkg of Instant Pistachio Pudding
3 Cups Cold Milk.

Mix at high speed until thickened.

Spread on 2nd Layer.

Top with rest of Cool Whip, Shaved Chocolate candy Bar, or finely chopped Nuts.

Thanks! I have the perfect occasion for this one (sorry, not today) I'm just freaking because I can't find the mac & cheese recipe!

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah, you finally learned to spell Klan with a K and not a C.

You better come up to Lambeau in 2011 for a beer or three.
No I finally realized that even though you guys are the stuperior race you dont know how to spell any better than me.

Fucker Im staying at your house next time I go up there.

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Better yet, talk a half of a stick of butter, cut up two or three onions, saute the onions first, then add the beer, then add the brats, then add the kraut.
Damn that sounds good. So you put the sauerkraut in the simmering mix?

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 12:13 PM
MTP - one guess... wake 'n bake menu creation!

You've got a pretty good list there. Only suggestion - instead of just nacho cheese - mix in some ground up/fried sausage (preferably the 'hot' kind). Goes great w/ the chips or nachos or fritos or whatever you stoner NorCal guys munch on.

Gimlet is a pretty good call - but my buddies always give me shit for drinking it. Make it a gin/tonic or a straight-up martini for the Italian (milwaukee) flavor.

PLUS - you really should be drinking Bloody Mary's right now...You fucking know it!

Fool I said nacho BAR, you think I wasnt gonna have all the shit you dago?

The gimlet is to either celebrate or wash away tears. I dont like getting too buzzed while watching the game. Thats what the smoke is for. Makes the world so much more colorful.

Eyes are bloody right now.8-)

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Unrelated question for you, MTP.

What does the 'G' on the packer helmet represent (for you)? There's a decent buried thread on here about it.
Dont fucking laugh but my last initial. Before I watched football I liked the G cuz of that.

easy cheesy
02-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks! I have the perfect occasion for this one (sorry, not today) I'm just freaking because I can't find the mac & cheese recipe!

I saved a copy of Freak Out's mac and cheese recipe... here ya' go...

Macaroni and Cheese

When preparing the following pastas in advance (up to six hours), keep them covered and chilled and then let them come to room temperature before baking.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8 as entrée or 8 to 10 as a side dish

7 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
1 pound elbow macaroni
3 cups coarsely grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese (about 12 ounces)
1 1/3 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 4 ounces)
1 cup fresh bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350°F. and butter a 3- to 4-quart gratin dish or other shallow baking dish.
In a heavy saucepan melt 6 tablespoons butter over moderately low heat. Add flour and cook roux, whisking, 3 minutes. Add milk in a stream, whisking, and bring to a boil, whisking. Add mustard, cayenne, and salt and pepper to taste and simmer sauce, whisking occasionally, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
In a kettle of salted boiling water cook macaroni until just al dente, about 7 minutes, and drain well. In a large bowl stir together macaroni, sauce, Cheddar, and 1 cup Parmesan and transfer to prepared dish.
In a small bowl stir together bread crumbs and remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan and sprinkle evenly over macaroni. Cut remaining 1 tablespoon butter into bits and scatter over topping.
Bake macaroni in middle of oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 12:17 PM
I aint following shit that Freakout says to cook. Might end up making some meth.

Fosco33
02-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Dont fucking laugh but my last initial. Before I watched football I liked the G cuz of that.

I know that - you told me onetime. Thought it was funny - that's why I asked.

BTW - it apparently stands for Greatness. Which is pretty cool.

Smoke one for me hombre.

easy cheesy
02-06-2011, 12:24 PM

That's what I'm doing too... got a nice firelog for later and copious amounts of booze... and a few good friends standing by to keep me steady....

http://sp.life123.com/bm.pix/chili-con-carne.s600x600.jpg

pbmax
02-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Playoff Chili. This Chili is 2-0 in the playoffs. Its no Bretsky hex, but its far more filling.

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 12:28 PM
I know that - you told me onetime. Thought it was funny - that's why I asked.

BTW - it apparently stands for Greatness. Which is pretty cool.

Smoke one for me hombre.
Greatness, I like that!

Im gonna burn one for you and then some more for the rest of the forum.

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Took this last night when I was buying some food for today.

http://packerrats.com/images/attach/store.jpg

gbgary
02-06-2011, 12:54 PM
i'm not changing my winning streak pregame meal...subway sandwich and ruffles.

swede
02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
It's hard to say what's for dinner until I see what's been run over on County V.

I'm hoping for something without musk glands.

mraynrand
02-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Took this last night when I was buying some food for today.

http://packerrats.com/images/attach/store.jpg

I wonder how many illegals it took to set that up

gbgary
02-06-2011, 01:13 PM
It's hard to say what's for dinner until I see what's been run over on County V.

I'm hoping for something without musk glands.

lol

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I wonder how many illegals it took to set that up
None, they are not documented so they dont exist. Kinda like leprechauns and fairys. :lol:

Bossman641
02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
That's what I'm doing too... got a nice firelog for later and copious amounts of booze... and a few good friends standing by to keep me steady....

http://sp.life123.com/bm.pix/chili-con-carne.s600x600.jpg

Jack, Jose, and Jim?

denverYooper
02-06-2011, 01:27 PM
I've got some championship nachos and a wide variety of Colorado liquid bread for this one.

mraynrand
02-06-2011, 01:32 PM
None, they are not documented so they dont exist. Kinda like leprechauns and fairys. :lol:
So you're saying it was an elves and the shoemaker deal?

ThunderDan
02-06-2011, 01:32 PM
No I finally realized that even though you guys are the stuperior race you dont know how to spell any better than me.

Fucker Im staying at your house next time I go up there.

That's fine. You just have to get up early for the drive up to Lambeau so you can be at the bars by 9:30.

Maybe you could help with the lawn the day before!

mraynrand
02-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Perfect!
http://tastyburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/conwaysirish_bottleglass.jpg

The Shadow
02-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Gumbo is on the menu today, replacing the traditional chili.
Found a really great recipe for it & have made it 3 times before.
Lots of beer.

The Shadow
02-06-2011, 01:42 PM

Wasn't that the name of your favorite game when growing up, mad?

pbmax
02-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Perfect!
http://tastyburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/conwaysirish_bottleglass.jpg

I KNEW I forgot something!

retailguy
02-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Wasn't that the name of your favorite game when growing up, mad?

No, it was this one....

http://illegalimmigrationgame.com/img/GamePhoto-buy-2_550.jpg

digitaldean
02-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Made 2 pails of Beach Slush for the women-folk at my in laws SB party. (1 cup of Malibu, 1 cup of Peach Schnapps, 1 can frozen OJ and 1 can of pineapple juice per pail.)

My wife is making a hot buffalo wing dip:
1 cup Ranch dressing
1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup of Franks Hot Buffalo wing sauce
2 large cans of chunk chicken breast
8 oz of mozzarella
Just nuke it till heated through & cheese is melted

In-laws have a bunch of different sandwiches planned.

MadtownPacker
02-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Wasn't that the name of your favorite game when growing up, mad?I'm pissed that it took some geriatric like you to take the bait. I must be running out of shit to say.

My favorite game was the one where everyone tried to see who could pick the most grapes the fastest. Everyone got cash prizes at the end.

green_bowl_packer
02-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Greatness, I like that!

Im gonna burn one for you and then some more for the rest of the forum.

I'm with ya there!!! NY Strip, sweet potato fries, and several Fat Tires!