PDA

View Full Version : Tribute Thread

superfan
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
A few well deserved tributes in honor of the Super Bowl victory. Add your own as desired.

Congrats to GM Ted Thompson for building such a deep roster that could handle a significant amount of injuries with little discernible dropoff in performance.

Congrats to Head Coach Mike McCarthy for staying true to your brand of football.

Congrats to QB Aaron Rodgers for being a class act through thick and thin and for playing at an extremely high level for your entire career.

Congrats to DC Dom Capers for both staying true to your scheme and making the most of the talent available to you within the scheme.

Congrats to all Packer fans. Your dedication, knowledge and enthusiasm are the template for football fans everywhere.

RashanGary
02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Congrats to Chad Clifton for being a warrior tonight and for the last 10 years. Having a LT who can handle the best of the best opens up our offense. Harrison was a non factor.

ND72
02-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Congrats Ted Thompson. I was a fan and stuck with you, and would love to find the nasty bitch who chewed me out back in 2008 for saying this.

Congrats Aaron Rodgers. I was a fan and stuck with you through everything. You are everything I thought you'd be when I played with cal on NCAA '05.

Congrats driver, Woodson, and Clifton. You all deserve the ring, and Donald, you had every right to cry.

Contests mike McCarthy....and even though I am critical of you, you did it, and you deserve it.

pbmax
02-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Congrats to Woodson, Driver and Clifton (Tauscher too). That was very much your guys out there playing their butts off.

And to Sam Shields for sucking it up and playing after Wood was out. Big time job.

RashanGary
02-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Congrats to Mike McCarthy. You are a genuine man and a special leader. I wouldn't take any other coach in the league over you.
Congrats to Capers. You are the best DC in football and you are a perfect long term fit here. Whatever we have to pay you to keep you I hope we do it.

jmbarnes101
02-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Congratulations to Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson for displaying the vision, dedication, heart and discipline needed and to the players for being "Packers People" needed to bring the Lombardi Trophy back home.

Congratulations to everybody in the organization for being the best in the NFL.

To my fellow rats, thank you for an exciting and insightful season. Enjoy this one because the way this one came about is one you can tell future generations about. Truly special team.

Charles Woodson
02-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Congrats to Woodson and Driver, you guys are some of the hardest working players, and definitely deserved at least one title to your brilliant careers.

Congrats MM and TT, thanks for proving me wrong.

mmmdk
02-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Congrats to the replacement players; Peprah, Green & Zombo (and more).

Congrats to deadly air trio: Rodgers, Jordy & GJ.

Super special congrats to AJ Hawk & for proving doubters wrong.

Cheesehead Craig
02-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Congrats to Bishop who played his ass off this season and had the big fumble recovery and was HUGE in helping this team all season.

Congrats to Jordy Nelson, who never let a bad play affect him and wanted to keep being the man.

Congrats to TT. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving us Packer fans a truly special season and team.

Scott Campbell
02-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Congrats to GM Ted Thompson for building such a deep roster that could handle a significant amount of injuries with little discernible dropoff in performance.

I think Ted deserves special recognition for all the extra crap he endured from Packer fans. He stood tall in the face of unrelenting criticism, and we all were rewarded for his faith in his methodology.

THANKS TED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pbmax
02-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Yes, congrats to Pickett for kicking some butt in the run game. He was one of the few to get run penetration and it helped cause the fumble. Good job big guy.

Noodle
02-07-2011, 01:23 AM
Congrats to AJ Hawk -- he's endured lots of "bust" talk and has been really emerged as a force this year. Plus, he gave a GREAT post-game interview, even using the word "microcosm" to explain how the game, with all the injuries, compared to the season.

Who'd have thunk that OSU players actually went to class?

BZnDallas
02-07-2011, 01:27 AM
THANKSTED

Fritz
02-07-2011, 06:29 AM
THANKSTED

And thanks too, to Woodson, who really grew as a leader, late in his career. Prime example: as he was being interviewed last night, he gave kudos to TT, and even admitted he'd disagreed with TT about certain (non) moves, but that TT was proven right. That's class and leadership.

Kiwon
02-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Congrats to me for no particular reason.

AND, congrats to Woodson. He's got a lot more character than I gave him credit for. Coming out of Michigan and while playing with Oakland I did not have a good opinion of him. But he's become a central figure in Packers lore now through what he's done on the field and in the locker room. It will be cool to see him standing next to Obama in the White House holding the Lombardi Trophy.

Congrats also to the whole team for keeping quiet and not taking shots in the media at Farve over his personal problems. That took a lot of discipline on their part in this instant media age.

SkinBasket
02-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Congratulations to Jarret fucking Bush for making one play this season... when we needed it most. He earned his season's pay with one play, which is good, because he hadn't really done shit the first 19 games. But hey, 1 out of 20 ain't so bad.

pbmax
02-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Image fu fail.

mmmdk
02-07-2011, 07:59 AM
THANKSTED

Thanks to KUHN, the forgotten stud on SB night. Shout: "KUHN"!

:pack:

pbmax
02-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Steelers. They are giving credit to the Packers and taking the blame themselves. There is nothing fun about it, but it speaks well of them as a team and individuals. Tomlin's radio interview after the game with Jim Gray was the same way.

BZnDallas
02-07-2011, 09:15 AM
the steelers are a classy organization and it starts at the top with the Rooneys (sp?)... i really like Tomlin, I forsee another super bowl with these 2 great organizations and it won't be this close the next time... i think GB was far and away the better team last night... GO PACK GO!!

bobblehead
02-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Thank you to every rat who may have disliked TT or MM and criticized them along the way but are now genuinely happy to be wrong and have another Lombardi Trophy at Lombardi Avenue. Being part of the Rats family means we celebrate together despite any differences we had along the way.

ThunderDan
02-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Thank you TT! You stayed true to how you saw the Packers even if it meant doing the unpopular.

KYPack
02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Oh yeah, here's to the Pack!

I thought next year would be our year, but this SB is like getting money from home when you didn't even write mom a letter!

I meant to post way before this, but not posting here became a play-off superstition!

Many congrats to ALL the Rats

swede
02-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Oh yeah, here's to the Pack!

I thought next year would be our year, but this SB is like getting money from home when you didn't even write mom a letter!

I meant to post way before this, but not posting here became a play-off superstition!

Many congrats to ALL the Rats

We noted that you were gone. Super Bowl credit goes to you for your selfless, self-imposed exile.

Welcome back!

MJZiggy
02-07-2011, 06:28 PM
We noted that you were gone. Super Bowl credit goes to you for your selfless, self-imposed exile.

Welcome back!

Thanks to Tramon Williams. You had huge shoes to fill and you did it admirably. And Nick Collins. I can't even keep track of the number of drives you two stopped this season. Thanks to DD for all those shots you took over the middle. I'm glad you got your ring, Old Man. Congrats to Clay Matthews. Way to never stop, never give up. Ever. Hearty congratulations to every kid who stepped into a starters shoes without missing a beat. No one expected you to do it but you performed fearlessly and got far more done than we could have dreamed. To Aaron, here's hoping that now everyone will shut up about the imaginary monkey you got off your back years ago. You have managed your career with grace and class and no one could have expected more from you.

Thanks to Mike McCarthy for never once taking your eyes off the goal--even when everyone thought you were being ridiculous, you never stopped talking about the one goal of winning the Super Bowl. Thanks to Ted Thompson of every brutal choice you made and every gut call you got right.

To the vets who deserved one last shot at the prize to the kids who now know what it takes to get there and win (for future reference), here's to you. Salud!

Joemailman
02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Congrats to Howard Green who was cut by Rex Ryan in October for being overweight (irony of ironies), and made the play that caused the INT that Nick Collins returned for a TD.

Freak Out
02-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Congrats to Howard Green who was cut by Rex Ryan in October for being overweight (irony of ironies), and made the play that caused the INT that Nick Collins returned for a TD.

...and was being held at the time.

Joemailman
02-07-2011, 07:45 PM
A big Packerrats tribute to Bretsky for the Super Bowl Whammy!!
:wow::wave:

denverYooper
02-07-2011, 08:03 PM
A big Packerrats tribute to Bretsky for the Super Bowl Whammy!!
:wow::wave:

+1. Bretsky really delivered down the stretch.

Fritz
02-07-2011, 08:24 PM

Okay, children, sing! "I know a fat lineman who was cut by the Jets. I don't know he was cut by the Jets. Perhaps he'll cry."

pbmax
02-07-2011, 08:42 PM
+1. Bretsky really delivered down the stretch.

All right, I give in. Its a four clap job he did.

:bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap:

swede
02-08-2011, 07:22 AM
All right, I give in. Its a four clap job he did.

:bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap:

Interesting. The last time he was given the clap he suffered from painful eliminations. Now we give him the clap for preventing a painful elimination.

Life is funny that way.