PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones Stadium Turf

Noodle
02-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Did it seem to anyone else that the turf was both slick and too hard? Guys were slipping, and the injuries to both Sanders from the Steelers and especially Woodson seemed to be caused by a wicked hard field.

Seems that for $1.2B, you should be able to get a pad with the carpet.

Jimx29
02-07-2011, 02:25 AM
The slipperiness of it really came to light when I watched Berman and Jackson go though the play by play. People were slipping all over the place. People that weren't near the play seemed to have the hardest time on it.

Fritz
02-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Yes, it looked terrible. Guys slipping all over, then getting hurt. Lousy footing. WTF?

Kiwon
02-07-2011, 06:56 AM
It looked like crap. Slippery and hard.

pbmax
02-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Packer Radio Network and Michaels said the combination of all the wet weather AND fans tracking in moisture as they entered the stadium raised the humidity levels higher than normal. And given the temps, they couldn't run the A/C full blast to dry it out in time. So there was significant condensation.

And those two oddly colored sections of turf at each end of the stadium were actually new pieces of turf sewn in place to remove the Cowboys logo from the field. According to Michaels, those were the worst sections, though that wasn't my memory.

Packgator
02-07-2011, 10:16 AM
And those two oddly colored sections of turf at each end of the stadium were actually new pieces of turf sewn in place to remove the Cowboys logo from the field. According to Michaels, those were the worst sections, though that wasn't my memory.

We were wondering about that and questioned those two sections a few times during the game. They looked like they were a slightly different color and ran from sideline to sideline. Kind of reminded me of a re-sodded baseball infield. Thanks for clearing up the mystery.

packerbacker1234
02-07-2011, 11:00 AM
It's just another example of why the arguement of playing in domes for SB is "player saftey" is bs. I am willing to bet, if you examined the NFL today - injuries are more likely to happen in a dome then outside.

gbgary
02-09-2011, 07:21 PM
i took a cowboys stadium tour yesterday and was allowed out on the field (still covered with the trappings of a great celebration). that turf was great as far as being comfortable to run on and land on...well cushioned. took a picture at the Packers G in the endzone.

Guiness
02-09-2011, 07:36 PM
i took a cowboys stadium tour yesterday and was allowed out on the field (still covered with the trappings of a great celebration). that turf was great as far as being comfortable to run on and land on...well cushioned. took a picture at the Packers G in the endzone.

Apparently the problem during the game was that the humidity went way up when people started coming into the stadium, and they couldn't turn on the A/C because of the weather. The result was a lot of condensation on the field.

mmmdk
02-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Burn it I say; burn it to the ground!